PDA

View Full Version : Would a Skylander type game work for TMNT?

Cowabunga Carl
11-26-2013, 06:23 PM
So thinking about games and such today and the lack of TMNT game news out there just made me start thinking of what could be. I went downstairs and saw the Disney Infinity game we have and all the figures we have for it, made me wonder would that type of game work for TMNT? Would people be interested in such a thing?

I mean one aspect of it would be that they could release different versions of characters from all over the franchise and people could play the version they wanted. If one liked the Mirage style, another the Nick, and one the CGI movie then boom there ya go all three could be happy.

Of course there is the downside of a person would have to buy the figure to unlock said character. Yet a lot of us already buy the figures, why not have them have multiple uses?

tmnt transformer
11-26-2013, 08:47 PM
Nah...... I wouldn't mind having mini figures for something like that, but I'm sure that it would just turn into collecting turtle variants.....

pingclang
11-26-2013, 09:39 PM
I would definitely be interested. The idea of playing Mirage Raph, that's enough to get me in.

miru
11-26-2013, 11:15 PM
This is what I thought Activision's TMNT game was to be. URRGH, the TMNT Cycle continues to ravage the gaming aspect of the franchise.

Cowabunga Carl
11-27-2013, 05:04 PM
Was thinking of what kind of story would be able to work for this type of game. Out of all the villains which would lend themselves the best to be the main antagonist. Then it hit me, Savanti Romero.

It is very plausible that a version of him from one of the many different versions of TMNT could figure out the mulitverse and he already knows about time travel. It isn't beyond the possibility that he would be willing to work with other versions of himself either. So you could have the story being he is trying to reshape history and time so that he was never turned into the demon looking creature or that the Turtles ever interfered.

I might have to actually have to sit down and come up with a much more in depth plan/outline for this.

Donatello19
11-27-2013, 08:26 PM
Eh, I don't know. They'd run out of characters to use fairly quickly. Now if, say, Nickelodeon released a Skylanders type game with ALL their franchises and TMNT was included, then it could work.

Candy Kappa
11-28-2013, 01:47 AM
I donno, maybe.

For me, the figures had to be very appealing or at least detachable action figures instead of staction figures.

psyrusly
11-28-2013, 05:12 AM
It's a maybe for me too, but I sure like to play a Marvel Avengers Alliance style TMNT game.

raph27
11-28-2013, 08:01 AM
Eh, I don't know. They'd run out of characters to use fairly quickly. Now if, say, Nickelodeon released a Skylanders type game with ALL their franchises and TMNT was included, then it could work.
Raphael
Donatello
Leonardo
Michelangelo
April
Splinter
Metalhead
Casey
Leatherhead
That's just the Nick show heroes. I think that's quite enough if they included other versions of the franchise.

Donatello19
11-28-2013, 10:40 AM
Raphael
Donatello
Leonardo
Michelangelo
April
Splinter
Metalhead
Casey
Leatherhead
That's just the Nick show heroes. I think that's quite enough if they included other versions of the franchise.

Besides collectors, who would want to play as the same characters in different versions? They wouldn't sell at all.

The Stryker
12-01-2013, 04:57 PM
It might work if the general public gave a crap about more than 6 characters in the franchise and weren't only willing to spend money on 4.

Ninjinister
12-01-2013, 08:22 PM
It might work if the general public gave a crap about more than 6 characters in the franchise and weren't only willing to spend money on 4.

While this may be true, how many people gave a toss about Spyro before Skylanders? Granted, Spyro's presence has been seriously downplayed since then, but 99% of those games' cast was completely new.

I guess it all depends on whether a long-standing property with a tiny fanbase is more powerful than all-new shyte.

But no I don't think such a thing will ever take off. It's got no staying power, so if it's ever popular at all it'll be a flash in the pan.

Jester
12-01-2013, 08:49 PM
It's a maybe for me too, but I sure like to play a Marvel Avengers Alliance style TMNT game.
I've often wondered what franchises would make a good M:AA style game. They'd have to work out a lot of bugs, though. AA is so broken in aspects of the game it isn't funny.

turtlefanforever
01-14-2014, 12:39 PM
I'd buy that game in a second

Whatswiththeheadbands?
01-26-2014, 09:55 AM
To be honest, no. I don't think a Skylanders styled TMNT would work. I would rather see a Lego TMNT game rather than a Skylanders TMNT game.

sdp
01-26-2014, 12:27 PM
There wouldn't be a market for a skylanders type game for TMNT, even Disney is struggling. Nintendo characters or Pokemon are one of the few other franchises that could follow the format. But like Guitar hero that genre is going to die fairly soon.

Lego TMNT could work, in fact I'd be surprised if it doesn't happen and it would work very well with the turtles. Now I'm excited for a Lego TMNT game. I mean we could have tons of characters, it'd be great.