PDA

View Full Version : Six Degrees of TMNT!

MsMarvelDuckie
12-02-2013, 08:56 PM
Okay, so I'm sure many of you are familiar with the "Six Degrees of" game (Usually involving Kevin Bacon....) so the rules here are the same. Try to connect any actor, VA, script-writer, etc who has worked on TMNT (in any incarnation- movies, cartoons, CooTS tour, etc) to any other movie, cartoon, or TV show, through the people who worked on them. Connect them in six moves or less- and have fun!

Example: Nick TMNT to Big Bang theory- Krang Prime in the Nick TMNT was voiced by Rosanne Arnold, whose TV son-in-law David (I think was his name?) on the show "Roseanne" was played by the same actor who plays Leonard on BBT.

Now try to find more connections! Remember, it has to stay within six times removed to count!

Jester
12-02-2013, 09:11 PM
Okay, so I'm sure many of you are familiar with the "Six Degrees of" game (Usually involving Kevin Bacon....) so the rules here are the same. Try to connect any actor, VA, script-writer, etc who has worked on TMNT (in any incarnation- movies, cartoons, CooTS tour, etc) to any other movie, cartoon, or TV show, through the people who worked on them. Connect them in six moves or less- and have fun!

Example: Nick TMNT to Big Bang theory- Krang Prime in the Nick TMNT was voiced by Rosanne Arnold, whose TV son-in-law David (I think was his name?) on the show "Roseanne" was played by the same actor who plays Leonard on BBT.

Now try to find more connections! Remember, it has to stay within six times removed to count!
Give us one to start, ma'am.... :D

Raph's Girl
12-02-2013, 09:12 PM
TMNT - Stargate. Rob Paulsen was in an ep of MacGyver (as a bad guy!) which starred Richard Dean Anderson who later went on to Stargate. :D

Jester
12-02-2013, 09:13 PM
Oh....I thought this was a "challenge your friends" type thread, not a "do it yourself type thread.

Christopher Reeve's Superman to TMNT....GO!
Margot Kidder and Reeve himself were in Smallville with Michael Rosebaum, who was in Justice League with Kevin Conroy, who played Batman. Rob Paulsen was a guest voice in some Batman episodes....

OR.....Andrea Romano is the voice director of both the DCAU series and TMNT

Wait...John "Lionel Luthor" Glover was in an episode of Animaniacs? Well....another link is formed.

Wait again....Margot Kidder did voice work with Paulsen in the Phantom animated series....man...

MsMarvelDuckie
12-02-2013, 09:29 PM
TMNT - Stargate. Rob Paulsen was in an ep of MacGyver (as a bad guy!) which starred Richard Dean Anderson who later went on to Stargate. :D

Now that one is really cool! Funny thing is, I used to watch MacGuyver, back in the day. Do you remember who Rob played?

And here's an interesting one, speaking of the "Bacon".... Paige Turco, who played April in movies 2 and 3, was in the original Friday the 13th, wiiiith- Kevin Bacon! So there's a TMNT Friday the 13th connection- which also gives us this: in the Friday the 13th movies, Jason was played by Ken Kirzinger in Freddy vs. Jason, with Robert Englund which of course gives us a link to the Nightmare series! (And incidentally, to Englund's version of Phantom of the Opera, as well.)

Jester
12-02-2013, 09:32 PM
Now that one is really cool! Funny thing is, I used to watch MacGuyver, back in the day. Do you remember who Rob played?

Just a one off villain, I think it as in an episode with Teri Hatcher....or not...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0638814/?ref_=rvi_tt

MsMarvelDuckie
12-02-2013, 09:53 PM
Teri Hatcher? Interesting. That one leads into Lois and Clark! So now we have TMNT-MacGuyver-Lois and Clark. That's a neat one.

And for another fun one- Corey Feldman(Donnie/now Slash) was in Gremlins as Pete, with none other than Peter Cullen, who is not only the one and only Optimus Prime, but was also Eddie in the Ghostbusters cartoon series (The one that WASN'T based on the movies- though he was in that one, too....). So we have TMNT-Gremlins-Ghostbusters. Then again, Cullen also did a couple of minor voices in the 87 TMNT toon, but Feldman's link brings us to the current show.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
12-07-2013, 05:15 AM
In 2012 TMNT, Greg ciphes plays Michelangelo. He also plays Beast boy in Teen titans go, who also stars Batman as a recurring Character. Batman the animated series' voice casting is done by Andrea Romano, who does the voice casting in 2012 TMNT.

I think i understood the rules.

ObiWanFan4life
12-07-2013, 05:27 AM
Let me try.....TMNT 2012 to Avengers: Earth' s Mightiest Heroes- Ciro Nieli worked on Avengers: Earth' s Mightiest Heroes. In that show, Captain America was voiced by Brian Bloom, who also voices Captain Ryan in Space Heroes.

How'd I do?

BubblyShell22
12-07-2013, 08:12 AM
I'll try this:

Elias Koteas played Casey Jones in the first TMNT movie. He also guest starred in an episode of House, M.D. as a gunman who shoots House. House also stars Jesse Spencer as Dr. Robert Chase. Jesse Spencer now plays Lieutenant Matt Casey on Chicago Fire where Elias Koteas also guest starred. And while I couldn't recognized who he played, I thought he was the guy who was ironically stuck in a trash compactor, the same fate that befell Shredder in the first movie courtesy of Casey Jones. Weird, huh? Then again, I may be wrong, but I think that's who he played.

MsMarvelDuckie
12-07-2013, 09:48 PM
Bubbly, that's a really great one- and kind of funny, if the bit about Elias's character in the trash compactor is true (although Shredder ended up in the back of a garbage TRUCK, but close enough....)

Here's an interesting one, speaking of the movies- Paige Turco (April from movies II and III) also appeared as Officer Abby Sullivan in NYPD Blue, along with Mark-Paul Gosselaar (Zack) of Saved By the Bell fame. He, of course, co-starred with Mario Lopez, who now hosts The X-Factor as well as Extra. As an added bonus, their co-star Dustin Diamond (aka Screech) appeared in an episode or Robot Chicken!

miru
12-07-2013, 09:51 PM
1987 series to Sonic Satam- Doomquest is voiced by the same person as Dr.Robotnik and sounds very similar. He also voices Winnie-the-Pooh. Winnie the Pooh used to be voiced by Sterling Holloway, who voiced the Cheshire Cat.

MsMarvelDuckie
12-07-2013, 09:57 PM
Can you take that one further? We're not just going with cartoons only- though there are plenty of connections there- but all versions, whether it's a voice actor who has appeared in a LA TV series or movie, writers, directors, or VA's and/or others who also did other cartoons/shows/movies with people who have done other shows, etc- the only rule is to keep it to six removes or less! The fun part is seeing just how obscure the connections can get! (Like that Elias one.)

Ninjinister
12-07-2013, 10:02 PM
Do vidya games count?

MsMarvelDuckie
12-07-2013, 10:40 PM
Sure! If you can make a connection to it, go for it!

BubblyShell22
12-08-2013, 03:47 PM
Yeah, it is close enough, Duckie. I just thought it was funny, but again, I can't place him in the episode itself. I just couldn't recognize who he was, but it's still cool he was in it.