PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas for customs?

TVsRobLowe
12-05-2013, 02:20 PM
I've been feeling sort of a creative drought lately since finishing up my Krang a few months ago. I've been toying around with the idea of making a Movie Style Shredder in the vintage style, have the parts, but haven't gotten around to it.

Anything unique or challenging recommendations? Non-humans are always fun to do. I just need ideas and if something catches my eye it will give me something to work on to pass the time.

Discogod
12-05-2013, 03:52 PM
Personally, now I've tackled Usagi, I'd love to make a Mirage Leatherhead. Getting him looking right whilst keeping a decent level of articulation would be a good challenge. I doubt I'll ever do it, since I'm getting out of the customizing game but I wouldn't mind seeing an extremely talented customizer with a passion for TMNT have a go... (hint hint;) )

Powder
12-05-2013, 06:03 PM
Have you a choice universe? I'd love to see Savanti Romero, if you're a Mirage guy.

Movie accurate Tokka or Rahzar? Justin, from the Nick toon? The foot soldier from the OT who becomes super intelligent? Chrome Dome as he appears in Tournament Fighters?

Colonel Schrader
12-05-2013, 06:19 PM
make Teenage Mutant Alien Turtles! like what the Bay version could have looked like before the changes.. also a Megan Fox April O'neil would be awesome!

Plasticplayhouse
12-05-2013, 06:42 PM
Chote would be cool.

LH
12-05-2013, 07:24 PM
Personally, now I've tackled Usagi, I'd love to make a Mirage Leatherhead. Getting him looking right whilst keeping a decent level of articulation would be a good challenge. I doubt I'll ever do it, since I'm getting out of the customizing game but I wouldn't mind seeing an extremely talented customizer with a passion for TMNT have a go... (hint hint;) )

I hope someone gives it a go! I'd love to see it done! :tgrin:

Doomsdayninja
12-06-2013, 07:59 AM
Have you a choice universe? I'd love to see Savanti Romero, if you're a Mirage guy.

Movie accurate Tokka or Rahzar? Justin, from the Nick toon? The foot soldier from the OT who becomes super intelligent? Chrome Dome as he appears in Tournament Fighters?

Movie accurate Tokka and or Razhar would be amazing to see...

TVsRobLowe
12-06-2013, 11:43 AM
Thanks for the replies!

Tokka and Rahzar do sound fun to do.
Marvel Legends Beast would be a good starting point for Rahzar. Tokka could be anything since he'd require plenty of sculpting. Of the two, Tokka is more interesting to me and would definitely be the one I'd focus the most on.

Chote and Leatherhead...eh...you guys can do them. ;-)

Any pictures of the Bay alien turtles?

Bill
12-06-2013, 06:55 PM
What about a Channel 6 building?

or a “Footskate” with purple and black colours, the big red Foot logo, etc as an homage to the Footskates that appeared in the Tmnt games driven by Foot Soldiers. Like these

http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p606/bill270580/215992-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-ii-the-arcade-game-xbox-360-screenshot_zpsb8ea0204.jpg

John Pannozzi
12-09-2013, 08:58 PM
also a Megan Fox April O'neil would be awesome!

It's been done. (http://toynewsi.com/news.php?itemid=21218)

raph27
12-09-2013, 09:27 PM
Justin from the Nick show. KARAI FROM THE NICK SHOW. I WILL PAY YOU $50 FOR A GODDAMN NICK KARAI. pleeeeeeeeeeeeease

TVsRobLowe
12-10-2013, 08:45 AM
Justin from the Nick show. KARAI FROM THE NICK SHOW. I WILL PAY YOU $50 FOR A GODDAMN NICK KARAI. pleeeeeeeeeeeeease

Karai is an interesting choice. I'll admit my history with female figures hasn't been very good - a Catwoman here or there. I think using an older Toy Biz Marvel figure as a base would work and be in scale with Nick Turtles. I'd really have no interest in keeping it for myself (my daughters have the Nick turtles), so I'd probably sell it if I made one.

inaheap
12-10-2013, 03:44 PM
Classics style Mondo Gecko like the one in the cartoon. I know some people don't like him, and he was only in a few episodes, but he was alwaysone of my favorites.

Jester
12-13-2013, 03:05 AM
I was looking through tOkKa's photo stream and noticed that Power Liftin' Don has a very Schwarzenegger-esque gap in his teeth.
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8433/7772802220_809ebacf4c_o.jpg This led my dear friend Powder to wonder what a classic Donnie figure with this head made to resemble Nick Donnie (with wraps, pupils, and a modded one strap vintage Donnie belt) would look like. Thoughts?

Doomsdayninja
12-13-2013, 08:22 AM
I think I may try my hand at a Marvel Legends Beast into Rahzar or a Marvel Legends Rhino into a Rocksteady variation. What figure would be a good base for Tokka? That would be the hardest in my opinion...I'm not as good at custom work but I enjoy the challenge.

Doomsdayninja
12-13-2013, 12:40 PM
I think the Marvel figure Bi-Beast would make a decent base for a Tokka custom figure...

Whatswiththeheadbands?
12-13-2013, 01:22 PM
I've been feeling sort of a creative drought lately since finishing up my Krang a few months ago. I've been toying around with the idea of making a Movie Style Shredder in the vintage style, have the parts, but haven't gotten around to it.

Anything unique or challenging recommendations? Non-humans are always fun to do. I just need ideas and if something catches my eye it will give me something to work on to pass the time.

What about this:
http://tmnt25.crtti.com/assets/img/content/1st_turtle_eastman.jpg

It's the first sketch of a TMNT that eastman and laird drew in boredom.

Powder
12-13-2013, 07:12 PM
What about this:
http://tmnt25.crtti.com/assets/img/content/1st_turtle_eastman.jpg

It's the first sketch of a TMNT that eastman and laird drew in boredom.

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=45523

Jin Saotome
12-14-2013, 10:36 PM
I understand your frustration and lack of creativity in instances like this. Also I noticed by going through your post history that you have a lot of pent up anger and hostility to work out. Tho I'm not sure what's going on in your life, drama can effectively impact your ability to create things. You can try music, meditation before customizing, or getting some plants around you to liven up the area with nature. If there's a park nearby take a walk, search out why you're so angry and what draws the focus of your ire, then try to resolve it. Because when your mind is cluttered with negativity it's really, really hard to get things accomplished and creativity is stifled.

I often used to get erked with people online but realize the majority of them are trolls just looking to get me riled up. Now it's nearly impossible to get me upset about anything I jump into the fray to have fun swinging away! Having fun with the problems, or people that get you irritated is a great way to forget they were giving you trouble in the first place! Just remember not to give up, you don't want to be a quitter right? ;)

TVsRobLowe
12-16-2013, 12:10 PM
I understand your frustration and lack of creativity in instances like this. Also I noticed by going through your post history that you have a lot of pent up anger and hostility to work out. Tho I'm not sure what's going on in your life, drama can effectively impact your ability to create things. You can try music, meditation before customizing, or getting some plants around you to liven up the area with nature. If there's a park nearby take a walk, search out why you're so angry and what draws the focus of your ire, then try to resolve it. Because when your mind is cluttered with negativity it's really, really hard to get things accomplished and creativity is stifled.

I often used to get erked with people online but realize the majority of them are trolls just looking to get me riled up. Now it's nearly impossible to get me upset about anything I jump into the fray to have fun swinging away! Having fun with the problems, or people that get you irritated is a great way to forget they were giving you trouble in the first place! Just remember not to give up, you don't want to be a quitter right? ;)

Thanks Jim, maybe I'll try yoga instead.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
12-16-2013, 01:12 PM

Oh, Wow. Thanks for that.

TVsRobLowe
12-16-2013, 01:41 PM

I don't think there's any way another custom could be done better than that. It's so well done.

Plasticplayhouse
12-16-2013, 05:52 PM
I don't think there's any way another custom could be done better than that. It's so well done.

yeah, when something is that source accurate, it's hard to one-up.

TVsRobLowe
12-16-2013, 07:13 PM
yeah, when something is that source accurate, it's hard to one-up.

Big compliment from you - that's exactly how I feel about your work.

kwalsh007
02-06-2014, 10:37 PM
Im hooked with the new movie designs ive been seeing of Donatello. If someone (if not myself) makes that custom theyd be my hero.

TVsRobLowe
02-10-2014, 08:39 AM
I would want some full turnarounds before attempting one of the new movie ones. I like their proportions though.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
02-10-2014, 09:13 AM
Here's something I've just thought of. Could it be possible to make a custom of the Next Mutation Turtles, but make them look cool and not cheap in any way?

That would be a good custom to do.