PDA

View Full Version : 4 player Arcade Version of Turtles in Time.

tmntgoldcoin
12-10-2013, 01:28 PM
If anyone ever makes it out to the Chicagoland area there's a local arcade in Brookfield IL called Galloping Ghost. They have both the orginal Ninja turtles and Turtles in Time 4 player arcade game. Both in perfect working order and set up for people to try for world record scores on.

shuriken
01-15-2014, 12:37 AM
That's cool. I know there's a Bar-cade in Wicker Park (also in Chicago) that has the Turtles In Time arcade game. But I'l def look for it.

turtlefanforever
01-15-2014, 01:41 AM
I know there's quite a bit of arcade turtles games in New Hampshier.

billbot85
03-06-2014, 09:40 PM
That's awesome, I wish those arcades were around in my area. I've always wanted to play the original Turtles in Time arcade version, although I'm probably already spoiled by how great the snes port is.

I Crave Pizza No More
03-06-2014, 11:05 PM
Last time I saw the TMNT game in the arcade, I bought it. Of course, that was 1998 and I paid $400 for it. I didn't realize anyone kept track of world record scores, though.

pannoni1
03-07-2014, 06:54 AM
While I saw the original arcade game at a couple places back in the '90s, I've never seen a cabinet of Turtles In Time before in person. And if you want one now, there is this one $3,000 machine on eBay is so overpriced that even if it was still half off, it will still be too high ($1,300 is what one sold for a month ago, and even another via auction format sold for just $810, and that was with the voice actors' autographs! That said, I like how modern the Turtles' designs look for their time on the marquee. The thing is that unlike the first arcade game, I just don't find it worthwhile to own this one since the SNES version does a pretty good job of porting this despite the limitations of being just two player and a few other minor changes.

Casey
03-07-2014, 09:55 AM
I am so jealous. That is the Holy Grail of arcade games to me right now. Neither the Barcade in Brooklyn nor Philadelphia has it.

Nameless
03-10-2014, 09:49 AM
this arcade game is one of those you have to play it if you can. even though i think the game itself is better on the SNES, there nothing that compares to playing it on the old cabinet.

UGHShellshocked
03-18-2014, 06:14 PM
I remember taking many after school "Extended Day" fieldtrips to Chuck E. Cheese where 4 of my friends and I would get a cup full of quarters and spend a couple hours beating it. We even had the guy in the rat suit standing by waiting for his turn.

It was marvelous.