PDA

View Full Version : When does the McDonalds happy meal promotion start?

super curry max
12-11-2013, 09:03 PM
i thought it was suppose to begin and the start of the month but here we are almost halfway through the month and they are not out yet.

DVD
12-11-2013, 09:49 PM
It should start at about Lunch Time...

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Pizzalover94
12-11-2013, 09:56 PM
I believe it starts the 13th. The website says that the current promotion ends December 13th.

TheCanadiandrome
12-12-2013, 01:28 AM
I can't wait to gets my new McDs TMNT toys! Hells to the yeah!!

Zulithe
12-12-2013, 06:15 AM
Yup start checking McDs on the 13th or 14th.

I ordered a set on ebay though cause I have to stay away from McDonalds for my own good :P

bubby525
12-12-2013, 01:40 PM
I heard it was today. So im going to check today. Will report back later.

MsMarvelDuckie
12-12-2013, 08:06 PM
I work for Mc'D's, and it was SUPPOSED to start tomorrow, but we (at least OUR store did) ran out of the previous (boy) toys sooner than we thought, and now we've already started with the TMNT. The first ones in the set are Leo and his skate ramp/board! I already got mine!! :tgrin: And no, it was not slated for the beginning of the month- that was NFL Rush and Build-A-Bear. It was, in fact, the 13th- we usually start new toy waves on Fridays (just in time for all the weekend business of parents and kids....)

Powder
12-12-2013, 10:05 PM
Saw these at Mickey D's tonight. Well, actually, I saw two different signs for 'em. I didn't actually get them, just needed a drink.

TheCanadiandrome
12-12-2013, 10:51 PM
I'll look tomorrow

BlueKatana
12-13-2013, 02:10 PM
Nickelodeon just sent me an e-mail alert advertising it, guess I'll be going after work!

Gooseatello
12-13-2013, 02:28 PM
My future sister in law works for McDonalds corporate and they are able to buy full sets of the toys for about $12 bucks.

Donatello19
12-13-2013, 03:45 PM
According to their website, the promotion has started. I'll be going to pick one up in a bit (hopefully I can resist buying some of their unhealthy yet delicious food :P)

EDIT: Here's the commercial in case anyone wants to see:
http://www.happymeal.com/en_US/index.html#/Videos

TheCanadiandrome
12-13-2013, 04:19 PM
love that commercial!

Hurrijak
12-13-2013, 05:29 PM
Picked up my set(just asked for one without ordering food & they had a customer care box full of all the different ones). It ran me about 14 dollars. I would suggest going at a slow time though so they're not hunting for the various ones while lines are forming, lol.

Rukitron
12-13-2013, 06:49 PM
I'm kinda eh, the big kicker is how the figure is separate from the board and ramp so you need both for the best play. Then there's the whole collect'em all aspect so you can have all 4 turtles and a mini skatepark. This is worse than that Mega Force megazord from a few months back.
Only Leo seems to have an okay action gimmick.

Donatello19
12-13-2013, 08:50 PM
I went to my Mcdonalds...no turtles. Oh well, at least I can drown my sorrows into a holiday pie and egg nog shake...

Cashier told me to check back tomorrow, hopefully they'll have them.

***First of Two Latin Kings***
12-14-2013, 09:18 AM
My McDonald's doesn't have customer care packs I don't think, but I picked up #1 and #2, both Leo toys.

Donatello19
12-14-2013, 10:47 AM
I got Leo and his ramp today, the only ones they had. For little happy meal toys, these are actually pretty nice. I'll definitely be getting the whole set.

raph27
12-14-2013, 01:49 PM
Got 3 and 4. It's Raph. The lady said she gave me all the ones they had even THOUGH I SAW MIKEY IN THE DANG BIN!:x oh well, maybe later. Raph's right leg can kick up. His face is also put on the ramp which is some stairs and on the bottom of the board. Plus, the plain board can be used for the Playmates figures.:tgrin: I just wish the turtles could come off their little board thingies.

Donatello19
12-14-2013, 01:54 PM
Got 3 and 4. It's Raph. The lady said she gave me all the ones they had even THOUGH I SAW MIKEY IN THE DANG BIN!:x

You should've just told her that you saw a different one in the bin, that's what I would've done...if you ever DO do that, make sure it really is a different figure. It would be pretty embarrassing if it wasn't.

Coola Yagami
12-14-2013, 02:22 PM
I got Leo yesterday. I was surprised when I decided to randomly go for a McRib... to find out they're gone.. and that they had new TMNT toys. I didn't think they'd promote them twice. But yeah, I got me a Habanero Ranch Burger and the Leo one.

Zulithe
12-14-2013, 02:28 PM
Know what's hilarious?

The next toy set is Adventure Time and they look way better than the Jazwares toys which cost a loooot more :P

I think I'll get a set of those too!

(still waiting on my TMNT, surprise surprise)

http://i.imgur.com/HJlaaan.png

METALHEAD
12-14-2013, 03:14 PM
huh. so those are it? what happen to the mini plushies we saw a few months ago?

Roseangelo
12-14-2013, 05:35 PM
I got Leo today. I'm just going for the figures, not the ramps.

sdp
12-14-2013, 06:38 PM
Those toys look almost as awful as the ones from the 2007 movie...

We had a TMNT promotion in Mexico last Month but they were plush toys, did the US get this promotion on McD a few months before? They're pretty awesome.

raph27
12-14-2013, 06:56 PM
No, we didn't. :tthumbsd: :tcry:

MsMarvelDuckie
12-14-2013, 08:07 PM
Aw, but the ramps are half the fun! I already set up mine in my work area at my desk here at home. And BTW, I believe this promotion is for season two of the show, since it comes not far into it, and TMNT is starting to get big again with the new series, comics, and next year's movie. Expect to see another one probably either for season three, or the movie, whichever comes first.

Anyway, here's a pic of the Leo set for those who haven't seen it yet!!

http://msmarvelduckie.deviantart.com/art/Leo-s-Got-Rad-Skate-Skills-419471933

TheCanadiandrome
12-14-2013, 11:13 PM
Got my Leo with ramp tonight!

Rukitron
12-16-2013, 03:55 PM
mine only had the Leo ramp, Raph, and Raph ramp, so I just got the Raph set.

Roseangelo
12-16-2013, 04:08 PM
Well, I caved and got the Leo ramp. Damn you, McDonald's!!

No Raph yet.

Rukitron
12-16-2013, 09:13 PM
Got a Leo, now I can't find a ramp. One place oddly had Raph, ramp, and donatello. Why can't McDonalds go in order or just have everything all at the same time?

So the boards scale okay with the turtle figures, so that's a nice bonus. And it's nice they came with ramps unlike the Clone Wars skateboard promo where it was just Clone Wars boards and nothing else.

AdamWarlock87
12-16-2013, 09:22 PM
I got two Leo's was in drive thru and forgot to ask for different ones on each happy meal ill just have to trade it next time I go.

Pizzalover94
12-16-2013, 09:48 PM
I got two Leo's was in drive thru and forgot to ask for different ones on each happy meal ill just have to trade it next time I go.

Can you trade in other happy meal toys besides tmnt? I have some older toys in package from previous happy meals, and I was wondering if I could trade those in. Obviously, they have not been opened. :) I greatly appreciate any help.

Rukitron
12-16-2013, 10:02 PM
Can you trade in other happy meal toys besides tmnt? I have some older toys in package from previous happy meals, and I was wondering if I could trade those in. Obviously, they have not been opened. :) I greatly appreciate any help.

I've done it before, I don't see why not.

Pizzalover94
12-16-2013, 10:29 PM
I've done it before, I don't see why not.

Thanks. Obviously, they are not rare toys either. I just have some laying around, and I would much rather have tmnt happy meal toys than the ones I have. I just got the Raph figure today. Pretty nice. They are better painted than the majority of the Playmates line. :) Joking aside, these are better than the last happy meal. I also greatly enjoy the art on the box. The last box art was generic art available on other products, but this artwork is unique. I really enjoy these so far. 7 more to go. :) I agree with Zulithe, sometimes these happy meal toys are better than their much more expensive counterparts. Of course, the Playmates toys blow these out of the water. However, the despicable me 2 minions and the adventure time toys do look better than the "real" toys.

Rukitron
12-17-2013, 02:04 AM
I'm 5/8 done. I still need Mikey and his board along with Leo's board.
Raph's gimmick is a kick and Don does a weird striking action I guess.
http://s15.postimg.org/u1galjbg7/WP_20131216_003.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/u1galjbg7/)
http://s29.postimg.org/b9yqigw9v/WP_20131216_004.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/b9yqigw9v/)
http://s29.postimg.org/3mgfdwmzn/WP_20131216_005.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/3mgfdwmzn/)

Zulithe
12-17-2013, 02:53 AM
I have all 8 on the way, I actually went into a McD today and they still had the old toys. Figures! Glad I went the route I did.

Rukitron
12-17-2013, 08:27 AM
Just a reminder if you live in a nice neighborhood or ask nicely there should be a customer satisfaction box with all the toys in it.

Rukitron
12-19-2013, 02:16 AM
and... done...
http://s28.postimg.org/hokftav7d/WP_20131218_001.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/hokftav7d/)

Donatello19
12-19-2013, 01:54 PM
Got Raph and his ramp on Monday. Halfway done...

Kind of unrelated, but...does anyone know if the McRib is back yet? :P

FoxZerro
12-19-2013, 02:54 PM
Got Raph and his ramp on Monday. Halfway done...

Kind of unrelated, but...does anyone know if the McRib is back yet? :P

Mcribs a summer food boy, won't be seeing them again round these parts till late May / early June I reckon

snake
12-19-2013, 03:38 PM
Just got Leo, he's pretty nice. He's currently sitting on my computer desk.

Donatello19
12-19-2013, 03:40 PM
Mcribs a summer food boy, won't be seeing them again round these parts till late May / early June I reckon

I remember they had them in the Winter last year...or am I just getting old?

snake
12-19-2013, 03:47 PM
I remember they had them in the Winter last year...or am I just getting old?

They did, I could've sworn they did.

raph27
12-19-2013, 04:12 PM
I got the Leo set so now I have Leo and Raph. Skate park halfway done! The guy said 5 and 6 are coming tomorrow.

Zulithe
12-19-2013, 04:38 PM
Okay guys got my set today, all 4 turtles and all 4 boards/ramps!

These are really nice for the price. The toys have nice play features too, each one can do a little move. Raph can kick, leo can chop, don can swing his arms/upper body around, and mikey can punch. As for the heads, Mikey and Don can turn their heads (well, Don sorta can), the other two have static heads.

I love how the ramps connect like a puzzle in the center. It's pretty nice to have all the pieces.

My favorite of the set is Don. They did a great job on his figure this time.

Happy hunting guys.

oldmanwinters
12-19-2013, 06:12 PM
I picked up the Raphael and Leonardo ramps last night. Kinda stinks you pretty much have to own all 8 figures to really get the whole setup to work.

Eiko
12-19-2013, 06:43 PM
they kind of look like the same as the other tmnt maccas toys with the cars. anyway hope we get em here in Australia I like collecting them but I wait till I find em in life line or selvos stores for 50cents better than getting the crap food.

snake
12-20-2013, 01:15 PM
Just got Leos ramp.

Seeks
12-20-2013, 01:25 PM
Not too fussed over the TMNT toys, but the Adventure Time ones look great! As another poster pointed out, much better than what is on offer out there, and at a much cheaper price too!

It's a shame they're US exclusives though. In the UK we currently have a range of Furbies this month and then it's Tom & Jerry in January.

raph27
12-20-2013, 10:29 PM
Got Donnie and his ramp. Just two more toys to go!:tgrin:
(Donnie's ramp is just Raph's repainted though. Umm.....)

Roseangelo
12-20-2013, 10:49 PM
All the McD's I went to tonight had Mikey. Haven't seen Don, but hopefully he's still around.

Donatello19
12-21-2013, 11:19 AM

No, it's not...

http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mB3PyBfI6nudeTUEf0J75eg.jpg

Raph's is like a staircase.

AdamWarlock87
12-21-2013, 03:41 PM

I don't think you can trade old ones for new ones. As long as its the same line of toy I believe you can. Like if you get doubles like I did.

raph27
12-21-2013, 07:14 PM
No, it's not...

http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mB3PyBfI6nudeTUEf0J75eg.jpg

Raph's is like a staircase.

It's supposed to be like that but it's not! :tconfuse: it's the staircase painted light blue! Even the display has the one you posted. Is it only me?

T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
12-21-2013, 07:37 PM
I've got Leo and Donnie's ramp and in my opinion they are incredibly lame looking toys. I was really pumped to see that they had TMNT toys again but then when I got Leo I was totally the opposite of pumped which I suppose would be deflated right?

T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
12-21-2013, 07:42 PM
I got Leo yesterday. I was surprised when I decided to randomly go for a McRib... to find out they're gone.. and that they had new TMNT toys. I didn't think they'd promote them twice. But yeah, I got me a Habanero Ranch Burger and the Leo one.

We still have McRibs at our McD's. Actually I remember when they first came out when I was a kid and I thought they were awesome. So a few years ago they brought them back and I got one and thought it was really nasty. It's funny how your tastes can change.

sdp
12-21-2013, 10:42 PM
Wow those toys look awful, the US really got jipped with their McD's TMNT promotion, I think it may be even worse than the 2007 one. Odd how other countries got a superior promotion. I wonder what goes into those decisions.

snake
12-22-2013, 10:02 AM
Wow those toys look awful, the US really got jipped with their McD's TMNT promotion, I think it may be even worse than the 2007 one. Odd how other countries got a superior promotion. I wonder what goes into those decisions.

I like them, there pretty fun. Besides, they were made for kids.

Zulithe
12-22-2013, 10:54 AM
Got Donnie and his ramp. Just two more toys to go!:tgrin:

Here is what you should have if you have all the right pieces:

and... done...
http://s28.postimg.org/hokftav7d/WP_20131218_001.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/hokftav7d/)

Note how each ramp is distinct not just in color but in its sculpt!
I think they did a much better job this time than with their first round of Nick toys. The bean-bag turtles would have been neat but I guess we can't have everything! (Unless you eBay them :p)

I mean, they have a lot of play value this time. When detached from the skateboards you can snowboard with them, or you can fingerboard with the skateboard. Then you can attach them to the skateboards and use the ramps. Then there's the action features each turtle has. The sculpts on the turtle and ramps are better than some of the past meal toys too.

if I had one complaint it's that I'd like to see more characters than just the 4 turtles over and over. I understand they are the most desirable though.

Donatello19
12-22-2013, 04:06 PM
I got 7 and 8 today (Mikey) but strangely they didn't have 5 and 6. The lady told me they had those, but not anymore, but that can't be because I've been checking pretty much everyday.

Roseangelo
12-22-2013, 04:33 PM
I got 7 and 8 today (Mikey) but strangely they didn't have 5 and 6. The lady told me they had those, but not anymore, but that can't be because I've been checking pretty much everyday.

Same thing all of my Mc D's! I'm hoping the boxes just got out of order.

TheCanadiandrome
12-22-2013, 04:35 PM
i've got Raph and Leo so far

Pizzalover94
12-22-2013, 06:13 PM
It's supposed to be like that but it's not! :tconfuse: it's the staircase painted light blue! Even the display has the one you posted. Is it only me?

I have seen both versions; the repaint and the new sculpt. Must be a running-change or something. The repaint could be rarer than the new sculpt, or vice-versa. Very strange.

Eiko
12-23-2013, 01:30 AM
I have seen both versions; the repaint and the new sculpt. Must be a running-change or something. The repaint could be rarer than the new sculpt, or vice-versa. Very strange.

That's Macca's for ya

Roseangelo
12-23-2013, 04:51 PM
What is the deal with Donatello? I have four McDonald's within close proximity to me and NONE of them have him and I'm pretty sure I didn't miss him. Neither numbers 5 or 6. No where to be found. Ugh. I wanted to be done with these already!

Donatello19
12-23-2013, 06:22 PM
What is the deal with Donatello? I have four McDonald's within close proximity to me and NONE of them have him and I'm pretty sure I didn't miss him. Neither numbers 5 or 6. No where to be found. Ugh. I wanted to be done with these already!

Yup, same thing with all of my Mcdonald's. Figures that my favorite turtle is the one I can't seem to find :P

Rukitron
12-23-2013, 06:35 PM
McDonalds doesn't seem to always do toys in numerical order, so they may have had him already or didn't.

Some Mcdonalds have a customer satisfaction case where it's all the toys in one box. I believe it was implemented so parents wouldn't have to deal with taking their kids to McDonalds again if they didn't have the toy they want, but a lot of places I go to seem to ignore it.

I was lucky to find one McDonalds that seems to have all the toy cases readily available. Thanks to them I was able to get the entire Gosei Megazord and recently, Mikey and his board.

Shogun26
12-23-2013, 06:50 PM
Does the figure come with the finger board and ramp or arr they separate?

Donatello19
12-23-2013, 07:01 PM
Does the figure come with the finger board and ramp or arr they separate?

Separate. There are 8 toys in all: four turtle figures, and four ramps with finger boards.

Shogun26
12-23-2013, 07:34 PM
Separate. There are 8 toys in all: four turtle figures, and four ramps with finger boards.

Thanks ! I will let my boss know :)