PDA

View Full Version : playmates factory

go_ninja84
12-14-2013, 06:49 PM
dumb question here, but does anybody know of any videos that exist about a factory tour of Playmates? i was interested in seeing the process and stages of how a figure gets made

Pizzalover94
12-14-2013, 08:18 PM
dumb question here, but does anybody know of any videos that exist about a factory tour of Playmates? i was interested in seeing the process and stages of how a figure gets made

I don't think they do tours.

Edit: I think the factory is actually in Hong Kong.

Edit: I do not think they have done any videos either. You can probably find out more about the figure making process by researching other toy lines and companies.

Shogi
12-14-2013, 11:22 PM
There's an old children's book that shows behind the scenes at a Hasbro factory (I think it was one of the US based ones)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0816711607/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

LeonardosBane
12-15-2013, 12:19 AM
It's probably not as exciting as you imagine. Just a bunch of overworked Chinese people putting together figures from little plastic bins. I don't know if Playmates even owns the factory, or if they just contract out to someone who makes more than just turtles toys.

Colonel Schrader
12-15-2013, 06:42 AM
looking at some of the messed up paint jobs etc.. they probably got under aged kids painting them etc.. that's why they never show it off..