PDA

View Full Version : Leatherhead: Back From the Dead

Jester
12-16-2013, 08:21 AM
So I've been working through the 4Kids series (Just started >>, actually) and one thing in season 4 had me wondering: How did he come back? The Turtles were shocked Hun survived the fall that he and Leatherhead shared in the final fight with Shredder, but Leatherhead just shows up after Donnie's infected with the mutant virus and becomes Gamera-Don.

So...is there an episode missing somewhere?

The Sewer Lord
12-16-2013, 08:31 AM
He's got thick skin. :lol: Remember, the turtles were pretty surprised to see Leatherhead alive in "Worlds Collide Pt. 2". I mean, he survived something pretty nasty already, why would he have to give them the same explanation -although rather simple- yet again? :roll:

Jester
12-16-2013, 08:35 AM
I think that's why it seemed odd...there was no explanation...like something was missing. I mean after fighting Hun he's just gone until, BOOM he's there to help the guys with Don.

The Sewer Lord
12-16-2013, 08:43 AM
I think that's why it seemed odd...there was no explanation...like something was missing. I mean after fighting Hun he's just gone until, BOOM he's there to help the guys with Don.

I'm not sure, but I think there was a Leatherhead cameo somewhere in season 4. :ohwell:

Xav
12-16-2013, 03:29 PM
When were the Turtles shocked that Hun survived?

Jester
12-16-2013, 05:31 PM
When were the Turtles shocked that Hun survived?
Ok...maybe it's Casey, but in Dragon's Brew I distinctly remember the line, "It's Hun...he's alive..."

TheSkeletonMan939
12-16-2013, 05:37 PM
I was about to say that they found out he was alive after getting back from Casey's farmhouse, but that'd make no sense; they don't seem concerned about Leatherhead during the three episodes they spent there.

My best guess would be that Don got a radio call offscreen near the end of Exodus - Part 1 (or the early minutes of Part 2) from Leatherhead, saying that he was okay, and that Hun was apparently dead.

NinjaMan
12-16-2013, 09:16 PM
The fact that Hun survived an encounter with Leatherhead was annoying.

LH
12-18-2013, 06:05 PM
In Peter Laird's notes it was said in a planned episode of Fast Forward that there would have been a line explaining his survival.

Jester
12-18-2013, 06:08 PM
In Peter Laird's notes it was said in a planned episode of Fast Forward that there would have been a line explaining his survival.
2 seasons later?

LH
12-18-2013, 06:12 PM
2 seasons later?

Yeah... It was in a planned episode of Fast Forward's second season that never came to be.

*EDIT* My apologies... I overlooked that in Peter's notes he seems to have forgotten about the good genes arc. Here are his notes from said unproduced episode:
4.) Re: the following:

"LEATHERHEAD steps forward and HUGS the turtles in a massive kind of bear/crocodile hug."

While I am not completely sure this is a good idea, it might be fun to consider giving Leatherhead a new "look" for this episode. After all, he is at least 100 years older than he was when we last saw him, so he may have changed somewhat. Perhaps he is even into wearing clothes of some sort. Just a thought... might make for a new and different toy figure.

Two other things about the reintroduction of Leatherhead and the Utroms. First, it might be good to put in a throwaway line about how the Turtles haven't seen Leatherhead since he and Hun fell -- apparently to their deaths -- in the big battle in the Shredder's lair (at least I THINK that was the last time they saw him). The Turtles could ask him how he managed to survive, and he could promise to tell them the whole long story later.

The second thing is that there should be here at least some mention of the fact that it is 100 years later and the Turtles are still around and looking as youthful as they ever were. Perhaps this could be a question from Leatherhead and/or Mortu which could be followed up by a similar "Long story, tell you later" line.

So explanation?.... He's got thick skin. :tlol: SkeletonMan's offscreen radio call theory sounds plausible to me.

Shiro Kame
01-24-2014, 09:22 AM
He is a mutant afterall, so that might make sense why he survived.