PDA

View Full Version : Should this series be revived?

LeotheLateBloomer
12-17-2013, 07:12 AM
Would you guys ever like to see this series make a return? Maybe not on TV but a few direct-to-DVD episodes or specials that adapt other Mirage issues that you'd like to see come to animation.

Note: We won't mention any more Fast Forward or Back to the Sewers episodes

Bauer536
12-17-2013, 07:33 AM
If you ask me, not really.

The 2k12 series is doing very well, and I enjoy what it has to offer. I did not really like 2k3, especially for its animation. I'm still waiting for a cartoon released to DVD that accurately tells the Mirage storylines. That would be cool.:tcool:

Nonetheless, 2k12 is what brings me happiness today.:tsmile:

Shiro Kame
12-17-2013, 07:36 AM
Yes, it definitely does need to be revived. In my opinion, it was the best incarnation of the turtles and the most faithful to the original Mirage comics.

Vivi
12-17-2013, 07:50 AM
I would be so happy.

BubblyShell22
12-17-2013, 08:30 AM
While I enjoyed the 2K3 series for the most part, I wouldn't want to see it revived. 2K12 is doing great with what it's bringing, and I love it so much that I don't need to see 2K3 come back anymore.

Galactus
12-17-2013, 08:40 AM
I would like to see the creative staff and voice cast be used in new turtle projects just as the DCAU people work on DC projects that aren't necessarily part on that DCAU.

As for a continuation of that continuity. I wouldn't be opposed to it although to my mind we got not one but three send offs for the 4Kids series with Enter The Dragons, Wedding Bells and Bytes and Turtles Forever.

I don't think there's many questions that absolutely need to be resolved but a return to that series would be nice not to mention Nick owns it completely. They payed ten million for it they might as well do something with it even if it's just re-runs.

Redeemer
12-17-2013, 08:47 AM
Would definately love to see some Direst to DVD related to the 2k2 universe:D

sawcesome
12-17-2013, 09:56 AM
I just watched the series a couple months ago, and I would love to see more from it.

MrPliggins
12-17-2013, 10:26 AM
This would be great, as long as it went back to the s1-5 style. However, I do think Turtles Forever was a fitting end for the series. Still the best TMNT series IMO.

CyberCubed
12-17-2013, 10:59 AM
This would never happen unless Nick makes a sequel to Turtles Forever and includes all the old universes.

snake
12-17-2013, 11:09 AM
I'd love for some DTD specials or maybe another movie or something. But the chances of that happening are about the same as seeing an animated "Nightmares Recycled".

TheSkeletonMan939
12-17-2013, 12:32 PM
Ehhhh. I think Turtles Forever was a good ending point.

Powder
12-17-2013, 01:21 PM
No. It had plenty of episodes, got closure, a wonderful finale. Let it be.

Andrew NDB
12-17-2013, 01:32 PM
Would you guys ever like to see this series make a return? Maybe not on TV but a few direct-to-DVD episodes or specials that adapt other Mirage issues that you'd like to see come to animation.

No thanks. The show did enough sullying of the names of at least a few Mirage storylines I liked... there doesn't need to be even more collateral damage.

Refractive Reflections
12-17-2013, 01:42 PM
If the series would minimally shake off its melodrama, then maybe... But I highly doubt the series itself will ever be revived though, at least with Nick TMNT currently airing.

Xav
12-17-2013, 02:21 PM
Yes, but unfortunately I doubt it would happen.

TurtleTitan97
12-17-2013, 02:26 PM
I'm gonna say no. Turtles Forever was a good send off for the series.

CyberCubed
12-17-2013, 02:51 PM

This. The show ended wonderfully with closure for almost all the characters.

The only storyline they never finished was the Dark Turtles in the future, but oh well.

Aaronardo
12-17-2013, 05:17 PM
As much as I love this show, it had a wonderful closure and there just wouldn't be a place to start. I just can't see it happening.

Xav
12-17-2013, 05:48 PM
The only storyline they never finished was the Dark Turtles in the future, but oh well.And the whole "War of the Shredders" storyline.

Shark_Blade
12-17-2013, 06:04 PM
Nope.

It had a good run despite the dreadful flaws (Utrom Shredder, too much magic/planetary travel, annoying jock Casey Jones, Fast Forward, etc). Let it die.

ToTheNines
12-17-2013, 06:07 PM
Despite a couple of loose ends, it had a prefect/epic sendoff. Let it be.

Electric
12-17-2013, 06:46 PM
nah, i think it ran its course. with that though, i would love to see these turtles return in the new 2k12 series, if they ever do something close to turtles forever. TF had the serious turtles, the goofy turtles, and the even more serious turtles. i think seeing the new turtles with the others would be great, but i doubt itll happen.

This. The show ended wonderfully with closure for almost all the characters.

The only storyline they never finished was the Dark Turtles in the future, but oh well.

it wouldve been hard to finish after ff, since its the future.

but, would like to see the dark turtles in the new series as well

shuriken
12-17-2013, 07:18 PM

This. exactly this.
Plus the 2K12 show is doing just fine.

BabyTurtles
12-17-2013, 08:54 PM
it did get revived through Nick XD

but....no I like 2k3 already :3 it's fine were it ended.

LeotheLateBloomer
12-17-2013, 09:25 PM

And yet you're all for a possible revival of the OT:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=45312

Jester
12-17-2013, 09:47 PM
Well...it's only 1 out of 3 for the FW series so there's that.

Powder
12-17-2013, 09:59 PM
And yet you're all for a possible revival of the OT:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=45312

Aaaaaaand your point is?

LeotheLateBloomer
12-17-2013, 10:33 PM
Turtles Forever can be a good closure for both the 87 and 03 cartoon. So yeah.....

But anyway, it doesn't necessarily have to be revived but it would be nice to see direct-to-DVD turtle projects using the 03 voice cast like Galactus said. Pretty much like certain DC animation projects using the DCAU voice cast.

CyberCubed
12-17-2013, 10:42 PM
There's really not any reason story-wise to revive it though, the show pretty much ended. The Shredder is dead, Karai is good, we know what happens to Baxter and Bishop in the future, and Hun lives out his life as a mutant turtle. All the other minor side villains either died or were phased out.

Other than wishing we got another Rat King episode, there's really not much else.

LeotheLateBloomer
12-17-2013, 10:50 PM
I would like to see the creative staff and voice cast be used in new turtle projects just as the DCAU people work on DC projects that aren't necessarily part on that DCAU.

Pretty much this.

Ulisa
12-17-2013, 11:19 PM
I do have a fondness for this series, though not as much as the old series, but it did have a finale, though I felt it could have been stronger. Nonetheless, I don't think a revival is necessary.

However, if they were to do anything with it, I wouldn't mind them revisiting it for one or two specials, kind of like they do with anime at some points. Not necessary continuing but giving us another one or two adventures that were self-contained. That wouldn't be too bad.

I wouldn't mind another "Turtles Forever" honestly; despite all its flaws, it was an interesting story and the interactions were great to watch. I'd love to see the OT, 2k3 and Nick turtles interact but honestly, you would need a really good story to make that work and I don't see them making one anytime soon

tunecedemalis
12-17-2013, 11:51 PM
It's my favorite adaptation of the turtles so I would be all for it, but honestly it wont happen. Nick bought the rights and created a new show, which I personally don't like, and has been pretty successful so far. Why would they bring back a previous show that was concluded? The best I and other 2k3 fans can hope for is a complete release of the entire show on DVD.

Technogeek29
12-18-2013, 12:09 AM
While my favorite version, I agree with many that it ran its course and is fine where it is. Of course if they wanted to make cameos or direct to DVD specials for them I'm all for it. And since its DVD they the censer can be bumped up a tad. a Fast forward special with Space Usagi would make me smile.

Jester
12-18-2013, 12:13 AM
Now that's almost something I could get behind...Direct to DVD versions of stories that were never made. "Nightmares Recycled" and "The Devil and Dr. Stockman" (Heck...anything that they have from season 2 of >>) those would be interesting.

Powder
12-18-2013, 12:55 AM
Turtles Forever can be a good closure for both the 87 and 03 cartoon. So yeah.....

You don't know what closure means, do you? That film wasn't, and was not intended to be, closure. The finale of BTTS was. Friends reunited, Casey & April married, blah blah blah. The OT was 75% or more one-shot styled episodes with relatively loose continuity, which is why it could be brought back if the format was kept the same. The last episode of the OT was rushed and a pretty sorry excuse for a finale, most agree on this. So yeah...

Technogeek29
12-18-2013, 05:46 AM
Now that's almost something I could get behind...Direct to DVD versions of stories that were never made. "Nightmares Recycled" and "The Devil and Dr. Stockman" (Heck...anything that they have from season 2 of >>) those would be interesting.

Ok I had forgot about that one, yeah that would be an episode I would love to see. lost episodes of 2k3 if I remeber correctly there was at least 5?

DarkLightDragon
12-18-2013, 06:26 AM
A well-intentioned idea, but I personally would like to move on despite my love for the series.

I may not like 2012 as much, but it has solidified it's place in TMNT lore and has come to be just as adored by kids as fans such as ourselves.

I originally thought Nick would air the series on Nicktoons, or any other channel that wasn't their main one while 2012 would air on the main one, you know, to not only throw fans of the show a bone, but see if kids would take some notice of it and like as much as 2012.

But then I come to the realization, What would be the point of seeing it come back when I can still watch it on my DVD collection or on YouTube?

Basically, if I want 2k3, I'll watch 2k3 if I wanted to. I certainly don't need Nick to do that for me.

That could probably apply to the kids too, that might be made aware there's another TMNT show that existed. The Internet makes everything easy to find.

LeotheLateBloomer
12-18-2013, 06:45 AM
You don't know what closure means, do you? That film wasn't, and was not intended to be, closure. The finale of BTTS was. Friends reunited, Casey & April married, blah blah blah. The OT was 75% or more one-shot styled episodes with relatively loose continuity, which is why it could be brought back if the format was kept the same. The last episode of the OT was rushed and a pretty sorry excuse for a finale, most agree on this. So yeah...

You didn't think Divide and Conquer was a good finale? I thought it was pretty good.

Vivi
12-18-2013, 06:47 AM

That would be a great idea! I think they let go of some great episode ideas in favor of making BTTS.

Shiro Kame
12-18-2013, 08:29 AM

That's why I didn't like the last 3 seasons of the OT series very much. They felt very compressed and short with little to no disclosure of characters and arcs like the "HAVOC" arc. Titanus is gone, but his mutants are still around. We don't know if the kidnapped humans ever returned to normal or what happened to the gang members with the disappearance of their leader.

Refractive Reflections
12-18-2013, 10:05 AM
You didn't think Divide and Conquer was a good finale? I thought it was pretty good.

The ending was too abrupt, leaving April literally hanging in the Turtle Van, and the ending scene with Splinter concluding at the last minute by merely stating the Turtles are his equals and Leonardo stating a one-liner of being able to handle "anyone or anything".

There was no resolution with the OT characters to at least make the audience forecast a somewhat concrete future for them; it was just... conventional, to say the least. But to be fair, the OT staff was considering continuing the OT series with either specials or a movie (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showpost.php?p=1117009&postcount=27) but obviously things didn't work out, so that could be a reason why the OT didn't have closure.

The Sewer Lord
12-18-2013, 10:57 AM
Nah. But I would like to view a direct-to-video version of "Nightmares Recycled".

Ryanator008
12-18-2013, 12:54 PM
As much as I loved the 4Kids TMNT, it really doesn't need a revival. Of course, keep in mind they would never do that. I'd be happy if the show just got a DVD release, and Turtles Forever got an uncut Blu-Ray release, but even the chances of that are next to nothing.

Coola Yagami
12-18-2013, 01:23 PM
No. It ran its course and it ended in a way that ended the entire 'Mirage era'. We got a new show now and that's what counts... and when that one ends, there will be another new one, and so forth.

I mean, seriously, have they ever revived Batman the Animated Series or the X-Men 90's series after all the new shows have come out?

Foot Soldier Clang
12-18-2013, 01:55 PM
I don't know about the series, but I think I would enjoy a Turtles Forever sequel. The previous incarnations, plus the current turtles, going on some sort of dimensional hopping trip to fight some other new menace. It doesn't have to be made, at all, but it's just something I would personally enjoy.

Turo602
12-18-2013, 03:16 PM
I think it would be very cool to see some sort of revival. Maybe one more direct to DVD movie about the Shredder Wars. It'll never happen, but it would be extremely cool. It's not like the show had a proper ending anyway.

TheSkeletonMan939
12-18-2013, 03:19 PM
It's not like the show had a proper ending anyway.

...It didn't? :o

Then what was Wedding Bells and Bytes? And what was Turtles Forever?

Turo602
12-18-2013, 03:36 PM
...It didn't? :o

Then what was Wedding Bells and Bytes? And what was Turtles Forever?

And what was Shredder Wars? Oh wait, that never got any closure...

TheSkeletonMan939
12-18-2013, 03:48 PM
And what was Shredder Wars? Oh wait, that never got any closure...

For God's sake. That was three minutes in one BttS episode, and was only there to introduce Khan as a dangerous person. I don't think there were any real plans to actually do that.

Besides, I like it when shows have little open ends like that. Take Spectacular Spider-Man. Green Goblin is dead, Dr. Connors is moving to Florida, Dr. Warren and Debra Whitman are clearly up to something devious, Gwen is dating Harry against her will, John Jameson's insane, the Kingleys are up to something bad, Sandman's still on the loose, the symbiote's still out there, and Peter just broke up with Liz for no reason. And, uh-oh, on top of that Norman Osborn's not dead! Oh noooo!

Okay, that's a lot of open ends, but it feels so much more realistic when everything isn't tied up in the end; in other words, the bad guy is defeated in the end, but there's always potential for more adventures you'll have to imagine for yourself.

Turo602
12-18-2013, 04:23 PM
For God's sake. That was three minutes in one BttS episode, and was only there to introduce Khan as a dangerous person. I don't think there were any real plans to actually do that.

Besides, I like it when shows have little open ends like that. Take Spectacular Spider-Man. Green Goblin is dead, Dr. Connors is moving to Florida, Dr. Warren and Debra Whitman are clearly up to something devious, Gwen is dating Harry against her will, John Jameson's insane, the Kingleys are up to something bad, Sandman's still on the loose, the symbiote's still out there, and Peter just broke up with Liz for no reason. And, uh-oh, on top of that Norman Osborn's not dead! Oh noooo!

Okay, that's a lot of open ends, but it feels so much more realistic when everything isn't tied up in the end; in other words, the bad guy is defeated in the end, but there's always potential for more adventures you'll have to imagine for yourself.

In other words, you like shows incomplete? How does this help your case? And there were plans to do a Shredder Wars.

TheSkeletonMan939
12-18-2013, 04:51 PM
In other words, you like shows incomplete? How does this help your case? And there were plans to do a Shredder Wars.

Not incomplete. Just with an open end; not a huge one, but a small one. Like Rat King. He was alive. We never saw him again until he had a cameo in Bytes. Will he fight the turtles again? Who knows? It adds to the "Never the end" sense of the show.

Powder
12-18-2013, 04:58 PM
The only person who could consider this show incomplete is either biased by fanboyism or a total idiot.

Turo602
12-18-2013, 05:37 PM
The only person who could consider this show incomplete is either biased by fanboyism or a total idiot.

Man, the irony...

The fact that the show was incomplete says it's incomplete. I don't care if you think it ended nicely with a good amount of episodes, you don't change the facts. There was supposed to be another season and it never happened.

Powder
12-18-2013, 05:56 PM
The fact that the show was incomplete says it's incomplete.

English, please.

Jester
12-18-2013, 05:59 PM
There were unresolved plot threads, thus INCOMPLETE!!! We need 5-10 more seasons! NOW!!!

Turo602
12-18-2013, 06:22 PM
English, please.

How cute...

Vivi
12-18-2013, 06:22 PM
There were unresolved plot threads, thus INCOMPLETE!!! We need 5-10 more seasons! NOW!!!

I don't even care you're joking, that would be heaven. :P

TheSkeletonMan939
12-18-2013, 06:47 PM
There was supposed to be another season and it never happened.

There's always "supposed" to be another season, unless it's like Breaking Bad and the main character dies at the end. Do you know how long it takes to write, storyboard, animate/film, compose music for, edit, and possibly add CGI in for an episode of a TV show? A long, long, long time (and I don't even know what else has to be done). You have to plan your story out maybe even years in advance if your show has continuity.

Unless the network tells you that far ahead that this is the last season, you have to have your next season outlined to keep scheduling consistent.

Turtles Forever was done with the knowledge that this was going to be the last venture into the 2003 universe. It was no surprise to Peter or Llyod Goldfine that the show was cancelled (more like retired) after that.

Coola Yagami
12-18-2013, 07:02 PM
I don't even care you're joking, that would be heaven. :P

It would be hell. Do you really 5 more seasons of stupid gimmicks? Maybe a whole season of the Turtles trapped in Ancient Japan? A whole season of them watching over their younger selves. A whole season of them turning into robots? Super powers. Turtles in space for a whole season. A card game. A permament 5th Turtle for a season. They were running out of ideas, and the gimmicks behind Fast Forward and Back to the Sewers prove it. Let it end before it becomes a bad memory.

Vivi
12-18-2013, 07:32 PM
It would be hell. Do you really 5 more seasons of stupid gimmicks? Maybe a whole season of the Turtles trapped in Ancient Japan? A whole season of them watching over their younger selves. A whole season of them turning into robots? Super powers. Turtles in space for a whole season. A card game. A permament 5th Turtle for a season. They were running out of ideas, and the gimmicks behind Fast Forward and Back to the Sewers prove it. Let it end before it becomes a bad memory.

You assume it will be bad. Season 2 of FF would have been great. Good writing could revive it well. :)

CyberCubed
12-18-2013, 07:35 PM
The only real unresolved plot thread was the Dark turtles and Darius in the future.

But I guess we can assume Cody learned to take care of himself along with Serling and the Dark turtles turned good to face Darius.

Coola Yagami
12-18-2013, 08:01 PM
You assume it will be bad. Season 2 of FF would have been great. Good writing could revive it well. :)

Except for the fact that they never needed to be stuck in the future for a whole season. Make it a 3-parter if you have to. They were running out of ideas and didn't know what to do after the Demon Shredder arc. There almost wasn't a season after Fast Forward cause they didn't know what kinda gimmick to add to the show after the future thing was over.

Jester
12-18-2013, 08:13 PM
The only real unresolved plot thread was the Dark turtles and Darius in the future.

But I guess we can assume Cody learned to take care of himself along with Serling and the Dark turtles turned good to face Darius.
Unless he made a Serling Mark 2, Serling was in the past with the Turtles.

CyberCubed
12-18-2013, 08:15 PM
Unless he made a Serling Mark 2, Serling was in the past with the Turtles.

He goes back to the future between the Season 7 finale and Turtles Forever.

Jester
12-18-2013, 08:23 PM
I assume he goes back to the future between the Season 7 finale and Turtles Forever.
There, fixed that for ya.

CyberCubed
12-18-2013, 09:14 PM
There, fixed that for ya.

It's rather obvious. Serling isn't in the lair at all especially when it gets destroyed so he went back to the future in that gap.

Coola Yagami
12-18-2013, 09:23 PM
It's rather obvious. Serling isn't in the lair at all especially when it gets destroyed so he went back to the future in that gap.

Gonna have to side with Cyber on this one. They had to fix the time window or whatever it was called and send Serling home sometime. Either that or he was 'conveniently forgotten about' so that his lameness wouldn't mess up Turtles Forever.

Cipher
12-18-2013, 09:27 PM
Except for the fact that they never needed to be stuck in the future for a whole season. Make it a 3-parter if you have to. They were running out of ideas and didn't know what to do after the Demon Shredder arc. There almost wasn't a season after Fast Forward cause they didn't know what kinda gimmick to add to the show after the future thing was over.
I would've been fine with ending the show on another season of Fast Foward had it been the same level of quality as the first. Also, you have to let the audience know that the Turtles get to live out in the open at some point. It's a rule.

That said, Turtles Forever is just about the best finale the series could have had.

TheBlueTurtle1
12-19-2013, 12:56 AM
I would love more, still think the show had more to offer, and despite what some think here I loved the Fast Forward series, always annoyed season 2 was cancelled.

Can anyone fill me in on details of why season 2 was scrapped and what kinda plots there was going to be? were we going to get more dark Turtle episodes?, it was never really closed.

victory_angel
12-19-2013, 02:27 AM
I would love more, still think the show had more to offer, and despite what some think here I loved the Fast Forward series, always annoyed season 2 was cancelled.

Can anyone fill me in on details of why season 2 was scrapped and what kinda plots there was going to be? were we going to get more dark Turtle episodes?, it was never really closed.

I couldn't tell you why Fast Forward was canceled. But I'm sure they would have continued with the Dark Turtles plot. One of the plots they did have racked up is Space Usagi.

On the whole I did fast forward, but there were some things I didn't like.

Things the season could have done without is "Officer Biggles" and "Triple Threat"

By and large I found the season to be rather hypocritical of itself. Mainly because Donatello is informed on a number of occasions that he is to be an instrumental figure in creating that future. And yet when we finally get a moment to learn about what the Turtles did to create that future. Splinter and Cody are like "You shouldn't learn that because you will make mistakes in creating this future and by knowing of them you will make other decisions."

Okay...Telling Donnie he is going surpass his brothers by being a major figure in that future's creation including the fact he is a co-founder (or silent partner) of O'Neil Tech, and discovering Donatellium among other things. That is okay...:teek:

But telling the other Turtles what roles they had in creating that future or even how that future came into being is not.:tconfuse:

Ummm they are already in the future...doesn't that kind of negate the point of that.:tgrumble:

Some time ago I did post up a thread asking if people felt if this season needed a fan rewrite.

TheBlueTurtle1
12-19-2013, 05:14 AM
Oh man a Space Usagi episode would have been awesome.

Officer Biggles was there for a little comic relief, I guess they were trying to appeal to a younger audience with some ideas.

On the whole I love the 2003 show in its entirety, and I think it's the best show they have done, as much as I love the new Nick show and the first 2 seasons of the 80s.

Cipher
12-19-2013, 06:27 PM
By and large I found the season to be rather hypocritical of itself. Mainly because Donatello is informed on a number of occasions that he is to be an instrumental figure in creating that future. And yet when we finally get a moment to learn about what the Turtles did to create that future. Splinter and Cody are like "You shouldn't learn that because you will make mistakes in creating this future and by knowing of them you will make other decisions."

Okay...Telling Donnie he is going surpass his brothers by being a major figure in that future's creation including the fact he is a co-founder (or silent partner) of O'Neil Tech, and discovering Donatellium among other things. That is okay...:teek:

But telling the other Turtles what roles they had in creating that future or even how that future came into being is not.:tconfuse:

Ummm they are already in the future...doesn't that kind of negate the point of that.:tgrumble:

Some time ago I did post up a thread asking if people felt if this season needed a fan rewrite.
I always thought it was sort of a recursive paradox thing. As in, Donatello helps create this future specifically because he went to that future and learned its technology.

But yeah, they were kind of all over the place with that.

Xav
12-19-2013, 08:54 PM
Can anyone fill me in on details of why season 2 was scrapped and what kinda plots there was going to be? were we going to get more dark Turtle episodes?, it was never really closed.Here's an overview of the season on Peter Laird's blog.
http://peterlairdstmntblog.blogspot.com/2012/05/february-1-2007-re-here-we-go-again.html

TheBlueTurtle1
12-20-2013, 12:29 AM
Here's an overview of the season on Peter Laird's blog.
http://peterlairdstmntblog.blogspot.com/2012/05/february-1-2007-re-here-we-go-again.html

Cool thanks:)

ObiWanFan4life
12-20-2013, 08:12 AM
In all seriousness.....no, no it shouldn't be. The series ENDED with Turtles Forever, what woukd be the point in reviving it?

TMNachoT
12-20-2013, 08:17 AM
That will be cool, 2k3 is my fav tmnt show but for sure Nickelodeon doesn´t want the new fans to discover the 2k3 show, at least they should make a home video like the DC movies...

Whatswiththeheadbands?
12-20-2013, 09:01 AM
No. Turtles forever was a perfect ending to the show, and you could tell during fast forward and back to the sewer, they were starting to run out of ideas for stories.

tmntpower1988
12-20-2013, 01:04 PM
I just want them to release the complete series on DVD. As mentioned already Turtles Forever is the ending of the series. I love this series, it's the best of the three. Just leave it at that.

TheBlueTurtle1
12-20-2013, 02:56 PM
Yea we need a box set!

Chris
01-01-2014, 09:02 AM
Gotta go with no, it ended perfectly with Turtles Forever.

Sure I'd love to see stuff like Nightmares Recycled or Fast Forward Season 2 completed and released (at least as story boards/animatics) as bonus features on a full season Blu Ray collection but there's no need to continue after Turtles Forever.

As for The Shredder Wars, it was a future, who's to say that the Turtles' actions once they returned to the present didn't prevent it? Maybe not what was originally planned, but it sure works as an explanation. The series certainly doesn't feel incomplete just because they never went back to it. The Dark Turtles and Darius in FF were the only major plot points that we didn't see resolved (though we can assume they were between FF and BTTS).