PDA

View Full Version : If you could replace the 4kids filler episode villains with past villains

CyberCubed
12-29-2013, 11:42 PM
For example I would remove both Garbageman episodes and replace them with Mutagen Man episodes. I'd replace, "The Monster Hunter" and replace it with a Rahzar episode. (Rahzar would just be a mutant beast in the wild in this version)

Also I'd replace a lot of the Justice Force/Turtle Titan episodes with episodes about Slash (who would be a mutant clone by Bishop in this series).

Technogeek29
12-30-2013, 03:51 AM
For example I would remove both Garbageman episodes and replace them with Mutagen Man episodes. I'd replace, "The Monster Hunter" and replace it with a Rahzar episode. (Rahzar would just be a mutant beast in the wild in this version)

Also I'd replace a lot of the Justice Force/Turtle Titan episodes with episodes about Slash (who would be a mutant clone by Bishop in this series).

Given that the first Turtle Titan episode teaches Mikey a lesson in humility (which the show soon forgets) I rather keep that one personally.

ABrown
12-30-2013, 05:44 PM

Ugh, no thank you. Now whenever I think of Mutagen Man, I think of the annoying Nickelodeon version. And as far as Rahzar and Slash go, I really liked that the 4Kids series wasn't the "Mutant Of The Week" series that the Nick series is. So once again, I'd say no to those as well.

MsMarvelDuckie
12-30-2013, 06:43 PM
The only ones I'd replace would be Garbageman. He was pointless and boring, and reminded me of a less interesting (and more disgusting) version of Marvel's Mojo. Replace him with a couple of eps with Slash as an early experiment with the ooze that went horribly wrong and escaped- perhaps from Bishop. Or I might include more of Karai's backstory, or a couple of eps showing Splinter's and Yoshi's past Battle Nexus adventures.

Powder
12-30-2013, 06:55 PM
I disliked pretty much every single original baddy this series had, so I'd definitely replace them with Mirage characters and those from other universes who had something to gain from a modern/dark re-imagining.

raph #1
12-31-2013, 02:58 PM
i do miss mirage but times change i really like the new series but i had to get use to it tho i dnt like how they made dogpound rahzar they should of made em 2 diff guys idk i guess its all bot $ tho cause they know well buy the figures

Powder
12-31-2013, 05:17 PM
Well it's not like we wouldn't have bought a Rahzar figure if he were his own character... & this is a 4kids thread so I dunno why you're even bringing that up.

The Big Bad
01-01-2014, 05:47 AM
Wait are we talking about just replacing the villains, and having them star in the established plots, or just straight up replacing entire episodes? In any case, I'm not sure, I'd want any actual replacements, rather than additional episodes which happened to star those villains, and even then I'm not enthusiastic about seeing any old villain in particular. Still, if we're talking about the former scenario, the only character and episodes that I think would lend themselves to such a replacement is Garbageman, whose episodes could also be done using Null. Even then, hornhead be losing a lot of what makes him pop--dude is not a one-shot episode villain, and does not lend himself to being anything other than a big bad.

CyberCubed
01-03-2014, 10:24 PM
Wait are we talking about just replacing the villains, and having them star in the established plots, or just straight up replacing entire episodes? In any case, I'm not sure, I'd want any actual replacements, rather than additional episodes which happened to star those villains, and even then I'm not enthusiastic about seeing any old villain in particular. Still, if we're talking about the former scenario, the only character and episodes that I think would lend themselves to such a replacement is Garbageman, whose episodes could also be done using Null. Even then, hornhead be losing a lot of what makes him pop--dude is not a one-shot episode villain, and does not lend himself to being anything other than a big bad.

Could be either or whatever you want, its just a scenario.

Some of the fillers in the 2k3 run were rather weak, and some of the new characters were not all that well received. The show really had trouble coming up with original characters outside of Hun and Bishop because PL wouldn't allow any old mutant characters to return.

Xav
01-04-2014, 12:38 AM
Except for Leatherhead.

Technogeek29
01-04-2014, 02:38 AM
Could be either or whatever you want, its just a scenario.

Some of the fillers in the 2k3 run were rather weak, and some of the new characters were not all that well received. The show really had trouble coming up with original characters outside of Hun and Bishop because PL wouldn't allow any old mutant characters to return.

Would anyone like to see Touch & Go again? Their powers are never explained and I'm very curious where they come from?

miru
01-04-2014, 11:11 AM
Except for Leatherhead.

Because he was in the Mirage comic.