PDA

View Full Version : What other brands/lines do you also collect?

Bakushan
12-31-2013, 09:04 AM
I know many of us here are fans of multiple shows and toy lines. So, what else do you collect?

Here is what I am pretty heavy on, aside from TMNT.

-NECA Predators
-NECA Aliens
-Masterpiece Transformers
-1st Generation Transformers
-Kenner Aliens
-The Walking Dead (Animated and Live Action)
-EXO Squad
-Any War Machine Figures
-1:18th Scale Model Cars

Whatswiththeheadbands?
12-31-2013, 09:04 AM
Shouldn't the question not be 'Why', but 'What', instead?

Bakushan
12-31-2013, 09:44 AM
Shouldn't the question not be 'Why', but 'What', instead?

Yes. That was a typo, that I cannot seem to correct.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
12-31-2013, 09:57 AM
You can. Go into edit, then advanced features, adjust the title, then confirm

Bakushan
12-31-2013, 10:11 AM
You can. Go into edit, then advanced features, adjust the title, then confirm

Thanks man!!! Handled.

tmntman
12-31-2013, 10:43 AM
Ninja Turtle toys are certainly the biggest focus of my collection. But I also collect Marvel Legends (and compatible figures from other lines) and some Transformers especially the Masterpiece figures. I used to buy a lot more random figures. I would buy anything made by Resaurus and a lot of Toy Biz stuff just because they were fun toys. But at present, there isn't much else being produced that gets my interest.

psychturtle
12-31-2013, 11:05 AM
Hot toys marvel/DC and tmnt

Discogod
12-31-2013, 12:26 PM
Marvel Legends is maybe 90% of my collection, 5% is TMNT and the other 5% is miscellaneous stuff that I just like the look of.

Metalwolf
12-31-2013, 01:32 PM
My other collections:
5 Masterpiece Transformers, all Decepticons- 4 Seekers and Megatron

1 Movie Transformer, Decepticon Barricade

1 Resaurus Duke Nukem figure, a Pigcop

1 Star Wars figure, Darth Vader

I don't have any TMNT with me, although my parents have an old TMNT cereal dish I had as a child. I definitely am planning on getting Rahzar, and I might stick him next to Megatron.

Other then that, I make my own figures, I hope to finish the life sized Left 4 Dead Hunter I started in and don't know whether to attempt a life-sized Legend of Zelda Ganondorf or something else. Maybe Rahzar since he's tall like Ganon and I like him, and it would be cool to see him and Ganondorf stand side by side.

Donatello19
12-31-2013, 01:50 PM
I used to collect Sonic toys, but I've had enough of their horrible quality. I used to put up with it since I was just displaying them, but the fact that something like taking them out of the box or articulating their arm makes them break is just ridiculous. So as of right now, it's just TMNT for me.

Dawnatello Turtle Chick
12-31-2013, 02:00 PM
I thought we had already had a thread like this in the General Discussion/Toys & Collectibles section, but I can't find it. Probably would've been better to put it in that section. :tsmile:

But anyhooo-
I also collect:
Ghostbusters figures (both Matty collector figs and the vintage stuff)
Earthworm Jim
NECA Borderlands Claptrap(s)
Street Sharks
Swat Kats

And maybe some others I'm not currently remembering.

Bakushan
12-31-2013, 02:10 PM
I thought we had already had a thread like this in the General Discussion/Toys & Collectibles section, but I can't find it. Probably would've been better to put it in that section. :tsmile:

But anyhooo-
I also collect:
Ghostbusters figures (both Matty collector figs and the vintage stuff)
Earthworm Jim
NECA Borderlands Claptrap(s)
Street Sharks
Swat Kats

And maybe some others I'm not currently remembering.

I looked for a thread but could not find it!

Dawnatello Turtle Chick
12-31-2013, 02:16 PM
I looked for a thread but could not find it!

yeah, I don't know why it disappeared.... I guess no one commented on it for a while?? But it's a fun thread to see what everyone likes collecting as well. :tgrin:

MrPliggins
12-31-2013, 02:20 PM
As far as toys, only TMNT. I've gotten rid of most of the other toys in my collection.
For comics, I'm also trying to complete a run of Amazing Spider-man #1-441 for the past 20 or so years. I have 5 issues to go (expensive ones).

Dawnatello Turtle Chick
12-31-2013, 02:33 PM
For comics, I'm also trying to complete a run of Amazing Spider-man #1-441 for the past 20 or so years. I have 5 issues to go (expensive ones).

Isn't that always the case... :tgrumble: The most frustrating part of collecting a run isn't it...?

MrPliggins
12-31-2013, 03:00 PM
Isn't that always the case... :tgrumble: The most frustrating part of collecting a run isn't it...?

Definitely..my Incredible Hulk run has been complete for like 10 years minus #1. Prices are just too insane and I don't want to spend $1-2k on an ugly beat-up copy.

Digital Ghost
12-31-2013, 03:08 PM
DC Direct, Marvel Legends, NECA, Play Arts & Transformers primarily.

There's really so may lines I'm a fan of.... but I'm picky and not a completionist, so I don't feel compelled to purchase anything that doesn't catch my interest.

Bossa Nova
12-31-2013, 03:27 PM
I also collect My Little Pony. I'm not as big into merchandise when it comes to ponies as I am turtles, so my figure collection easily outnumbers my turtles 10:1. Those are my two main collections aside from random Disney things here and there.

TLCMathMan
12-31-2013, 03:48 PM
TMNT
Transformers (Classics/Generations/Masterpiece)
Super Sentai (mecha only)
Voltron
DC figures (Mattel/DC Direct/Imaginext yes, the Fisher Price ones)
Old Latin textbooks REALLY old ones!

tiger
12-31-2013, 04:08 PM
Battle beasts

RaphAndDonnie
12-31-2013, 04:56 PM
My My Little Ponies are my other major collection (along with a few fakies) though I really want to get into collecting Marvel/and or X-Men toys.

Powder
12-31-2013, 05:13 PM
This is literally an active thread on the next page. You gotta look a little harder before you make a thread 'cause it's usually been done before. http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=43214

Vundi
12-31-2013, 10:09 PM
-Any War Machine Figures

Yes! I'm a huge War Machine fan. Not so much the character but the armor. Hope to pick up the SH Figuarts War Machine soon. :)

Dawnatello Turtle Chick
12-31-2013, 11:06 PM
This is literally an active thread on the next page. You gotta look a little harder before you make a thread 'cause it's usually been done before. http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=43214

I don't know if the site was messed up earlier, but when I looked to link the earlier thread it didn't give any page numbers just one page of threads, so he's in the clear on this one, lol.

50centinchange
01-01-2014, 12:19 AM
As far as toys, only TMNT. I've gotten rid of most of the other toys in my collection.

That is quite the ambitious project - which ones are you missing?

MrPliggins
01-01-2014, 10:17 AM
That is quite the ambitious project - which ones are you missing?

#1, 2, 4, 10, and 14. I was a teenager when I started this and now I'm 35 :tlol: I did take some years off from collecting though. Been back at it since 2012.

Ryanator008
01-01-2014, 10:22 AM
WWE and Power Rangers.

T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
01-01-2014, 11:25 AM
Masters of the Universe. I also really want to replenish my Ghostbusters collection as well. But MOTU is my first love as far as toys are concerned.

Bakushan
01-01-2014, 11:37 AM
I don't know if the site was messed up earlier, but when I looked to link the earlier thread it didn't give any page numbers just one page of threads, so he's in the clear on this one, lol.

:D Thanks man. I had the same results.

Candy Kappa
01-01-2014, 12:05 PM
Same as the first thread.

I do have several figures of different things, but I don't actively seek them out, like GI Joe, Marvel Universe and Star Wars Black 6 inch.