PDA

View Full Version : TMNT Adventures Trade Vol 7 is 5 issues!

darthsmozers
01-01-2014, 07:39 AM
In a step in the right direction, IDW's Dec volume (6) featured 5 issues, including 2 TMNT and 3 Mutanimals Mini. In Vol 7 due out in April, it will again feature 5 issues including the Slash 3-issue arc and two single issues after that. (23-27) That can only mean that the eventual Vol 8 would start with the Dragon/Japan content. I think its very cool that IDW is noticing the arcs when planning the trades :D Anyway, just an FYI for those collecting these.

Chris
01-01-2014, 08:23 AM
Excellent! Between this and the next Classics collecting Vol. 2 #1-5 it looks like IDW have finally moved to 5 issue trades for the reprint material. I still think 6 would be fairer for the price (especially with Adventures) but this is a good step in the right direction. Hopefully the next Tales collection will do the same.

Roseangelo
01-01-2014, 08:56 AM
Well, it sounds like these are just exceptions based on the content of the comics. Not putting the three Mutanimals books together wouldn't make sense. And Vol. 2 is 13 issues, so one of those has to be 5 issues. The rest will surely be 4.

I'll get excited for the Archie reprints after the whole series is released and then they announce larger-sized collections that make more sense.

darthsmozers
01-01-2014, 09:00 AM
Well, it sounds like these are just exceptions based on the content of the comics. Not putting the three Mutanimals books together wouldn't make sense. And Vol. 2 is 13 issues, so one of those has to be 5 issues. The rest will surely be 4.

I'll get excited for the Archie reprints after the whole series is released and then they announce larger-sized collections that make more sense.

Well, not necessarily exceptions. I had sent them a long email with a detailed list of possible reprint combinations a while back. Not that my lone email did anything, but in making the list I noticed many of the arcs from this point on work well in either 5 or 6 issue books. With Volumes 6 and 7 being 5 issues each, and with the rest of the series being made of arcs for the most part, its likely to assume they'll keep an eye on how they plan these books.

CyberCubed
01-01-2014, 09:32 AM
I don't think IDW will ever finish collecting Archie. Not only is the whole series 72 issues, but you also have to count all the specials, Mighty Mutanimals, and Year of the Turtle, etc.

At the current rate they're going it'll take them till like 2018 to finish.

Heather Breckel
01-01-2014, 12:14 PM
Yay! I'm way behind on those trades.

Chris
01-01-2014, 12:21 PM
I don't think IDW will ever finish collecting Archie. Not only is the whole series 72 issues, but you also have to count all the specials, Mighty Mutanimals, and Year of the Turtle, etc.

Maybe with the new movie the 2nd half of this year will have a higher output? Honestly though, whilst I hope they collect everything, as long as they get out the core series 1-70 and get the team back together for Forever War then I'll be more than happy, of course that last part is a very long shot :tlol:

darthsmozers
01-01-2014, 06:29 PM

Remember how long it took for the whole Old Toon to be completed on DVD? :D

CyberCubed
01-02-2014, 10:31 AM
Will IDW even continue putting out trades by then though? I image IDW would continue the Mirage trades over the Archie ones if one of them had to be canceled.

Remember even Mirage TMNT is far from close to being collected. There's so much material.

darthsmozers
01-02-2014, 06:05 PM
Will IDW even continue putting out trades by then though? I image IDW would continue the Mirage trades over the Archie ones if one of them had to be canceled.

Remember even Mirage TMNT is far from close to being collected. There's so much material.

IDW is intending to continue so long as sales make it feasible. So I will keep buying :D

DK2
01-02-2014, 07:50 PM
I think the best option would be the small omnibus trades that IDW and Dark Horse have done would suit TMNT Adventures. I mean whats the point of 4-5 issue collection of trades that are being done now? You'd have a crap load of books for that one series. In these small omni's it'll be a lot less books and less cash spent. Lets hope they do this one day. I bet you they'll do this when its all over for their initial TMNTA trades if they get so far to completing the run/spinoffs bits. I've never bought these trades still yet I'm I'd like to check out these comics and give it a try. Until its something better for quantiy of issues/trade then no way.

Cudley The Cowlick
01-03-2014, 01:23 PM
Well, not necessarily exceptions. I had sent them a long email with a detailed list of possible reprint combinations a while back. Not that my lone email did anything, but in making the list I noticed many of the arcs from this point on work well in either 5 or 6 issue books. With Volumes 6 and 7 being 5 issues each, and with the rest of the series being made of arcs for the most part, its likely to assume they'll keep an eye on how they plan these books.

Thats excellent news about the next trade being five issues also. I was so pleasantly surprised when my copy of #6 arrived with 5.
I'm so pumped for the next trade as the Slash/Krang/Bellybomb arc was one of my favorites.
What were your proposed reprint combos?

CyberCubed
01-03-2014, 02:17 PM
I think the best option would be the small omnibus trades that IDW and Dark Horse have done would suit TMNT Adventures. I mean whats the point of 4-5 issue collection of trades that are being done now? You'd have a crap load of books for that one series. In these small omni's it'll be a lot less books and less cash spent. Lets hope they do this one day. I bet you they'll do this when its all over for their initial TMNTA trades if they get so far to completing the run/spinoffs bits. I've never bought these trades still yet I'm I'd like to check out these comics and give it a try. Until its something better for quantiy of issues/trade then no way.

The Archie series is well worth getting into as long as you don't mind a lot of animal mutants. The book is populated with tons of animal mutant characters, even more than the cartoons, but its well written enough that it doesn't matter.

darthsmozers
01-10-2014, 07:58 PM
The Archie series is well worth getting into as long as you don't mind a lot of animal mutants. The book is populated with tons of animal mutant characters, even more than the cartoons, but its well written enough that it doesn't matter.

Agreed, they have some depth to them as opposed to the playmates mutant of the week in the OT.

darthsmozers
01-10-2014, 08:17 PM
Thats excellent news about the next trade being five issues also. I was so pleasantly surprised when my copy of #6 arrived with 5.
I'm so pumped for the next trade as the Slash/Krang/Bellybomb arc was one of my favorites.
What were your proposed reprint combos?

Hey sorry I didn't see your question until now. The following is what I proposed back when Vol 4 was released (last January):

Vol 4 is already slated to include issues 13, 14, 15, and 16. Vol 5 could include the next 4 issues, 17-20. (They did this)

Vol 6 could be two scenarios:

1) Stretched to 5 issues to include two arcs found in issues 21-22 (shredder) and 23-25 (krang/bellybomb/slash).

2) OR, if you're including the Mutanimals miniseries (PLEASE?), make Volume 6 the three Mutanimals miniseries issues plus TMNTA 21-22 and save issues 23-25 for the next volume. (This appears to be what they did for Vol 6...3 issue MM mini + 21-22 of TMNT.)

From here I tried my best to predict a year ago. I figured the bellybomb/slash issues would be their own 3 issue set, but it looks to be 5 issues. So what follows was my original suggestions which now would have to be modified (in bold). I also assume a 4-6 issue count although we'd all like more.

6 issues 26-31, which would include two misc issues (26-27) and an arc that more or less runs from 28-31 (Dragon, Ninjara, etc). So since the two single issues 26-27 are part of Vol 7 just released, Vol 8 could be the 4 Dragon/Ninjara issues 28-31

5 issues 32-36, which would include an arc that includes world travels and concluding with Shredder in the desert.

Here is when the Mutanimals ongoing series could be published to lead up to the next few issues of TMNTA. One book with all the issues leading up to the 4 horsemen arc should be cheap and very possible...they weren't long issues.

6 issues to include 37 (wrestling), 38+39+the corresponding Mutanimals cross-over issue, 40 and 41. or put wrestling in the previous arc after Shredder

5 issues to include an issue of Mighty Mutanimals that leads into the famous Future Shark Trilogy (42-44) and the turtles' origin (45).

5 issues to include 46, 47, 48, 49, and 50 - all Sarnath issues.

4 issues to include 51 and 52, 53-54 (Animus War).

Next volume could be larger at 7 issues to include 55-57 (Terracide Trilogy) and 58-61 (Early Years, Blindsight), all related as one big story.

5 issues of the whole Cyber Samauri arc of 62-66.

Finally, the final 6 issues to include the Moon Eyes Saga (67-70) and the two part "finale", 71-72.

CyberCubed
01-10-2014, 08:36 PM
Year of the Turtle is the finale, and came out in 1995-1996 as the last books.

darthsmozers
01-11-2014, 08:26 AM
Year of the Turtle is the finale, and came out in 1995-1996 as the last books.

Yes I know. I listed out the 72 issues of the series.

The Fifth Turtle
01-11-2014, 09:19 AM

Worst nightmare ever. While IDW has collected the most TMNT material to date I reall REALLY hope we don't get left with unfinished volumes. Please please please! keep pumping these trades out IDW.:(

darthsmozers
01-11-2014, 06:25 PM
Worst nightmare ever. While IDW has collected the most TMNT material to date I reall REALLY hope we don't get left with unfinished volumes. Please please please! keep pumping these trades out IDW.:(

Post in the IDW TMNT forum's letters page to show your support :)

The Fifth Turtle
01-11-2014, 06:26 PM
Post in the IDW TMNT forum's letters page to show your support :)

Could you hit me up with a link?

darthsmozers
01-12-2014, 08:14 AM
Could you hit me up with a link?

Well, Google is your friend :P
But here ya go:
http://boards.idwpublishing.com/3/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=10272&sid=3369b817d4a3b86926e8121c309bc010

The Fifth Turtle
01-12-2014, 08:40 AM
Well, Google is your friend :P
But here ya go:
http://boards.idwpublishing.com/3/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=10272&sid=3369b817d4a3b86926e8121c309bc010

Thanx bro!

The Fifth Turtle
01-24-2014, 02:30 PM
Pretty sure this will be the cover!

http://peterlairdstmntblog.blogspot.com/

CyberCubed
01-24-2014, 04:38 PM
Too bad they colored Bellybomb the wrong color. He's pink in the comic.

Redrumh2o
01-24-2014, 05:32 PM
Pete's first contribution to IDW!!!!

The Fifth Turtle
01-24-2014, 08:17 PM
Pete's first contribution to IDW!!!!

My thoughts exactly. Not sure if we want to count the interviews for UHCs or not. Do you think they'll give him credit.

VaughnMichael
01-24-2014, 08:21 PM
Too bad they colored Bellybomb the wrong color. He's pink in the comic.
I know I made the same point to Peter, yet he was blue on the cover of the one issue. *shrugs*

sdp
01-25-2014, 09:26 AM
Aren't omnibus hard to read? What's the best size for collections? 6 issues?

Are the Archie reprints in color?

And is IDW releasing everything digitally as well?