PDA

View Full Version : TMNT 2003 10th Anniversary Retrospective

FlippytheMaster
01-01-2014, 07:29 PM
Hi, it's been a long while since I've posted here, so excuse my long absence. I just was thinking as 2013 drew to a close that a retrospective was in order. So I whipped up this video to instigate discussion:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sTK_NBD0qg
Hope that got the gears turning! If posting a video like this in this subforum isn't allowed, I apologize. Please let me know if there's a proper place for it. I also apologize if this is a redundant post.
So are there any retrospectives that you guys would like to post? Any thoughts or feelings about the show that have solidified themselves in the 10 year gap since it started? I'm interested to hear what you all have to say.

Dawnatello Turtle Chick
01-01-2014, 09:10 PM
Very nicely done video! I really hope they do eventually come out with the 2003 series on DVD under the Nick license. It would make sense to do it in 2014, it being the 30th Anniversary of the franchise. Here's to hoping against hope! I'm sure most of this forum would buy it! :tlol:

FlippytheMaster
01-01-2014, 10:09 PM
Very nicely done video! I really hope they do eventually come out with the 2003 series on DVD under the Nick license. It would make sense to do it in 2014, it being the 30th Anniversary of the franchise. Here's to hoping against hope! I'm sure most of this forum would buy it! :tlol:

Thanks! Yeah, I hadn't thought of the fact that it's the 30th anniversary this year. Wonder if we'll see any sort of merchandise push for it.

Dawnatello Turtle Chick
01-01-2014, 11:02 PM
I certainly hope so, seems like it would be a missed opportunity if they didn't...

Ninja Tiptup
01-02-2014, 02:52 AM
Hi, it's been a long while since I've posted here, so excuse my long absence. I just was thinking as 2013 drew to a close that a retrospective was in order. So I whipped up this video to instigate discussion:
Hope that got the gears turning! If posting a video like this in this subforum isn't allowed, I apologize. Please let me know if there's a proper place for it. I also apologize if this is a redundant post.
So are there any retrospectives that you guys would like to post? Any thoughts or feelings about the show that have solidified themselves in the 10 year gap since it started? I'm interested to hear what you all have to say.

Kind of a notable kerfuffel in your video. You sited Kevin Eastmen the executive producer of the series when it was Peter Laird who was involved in the 2003 cartoon and it was at the point that Laird had bought out Eastmen from the TMNT dynasty.

Another minor thing is that "We Shredded Shredder" wasn't used until season 4. Shredder was defeated multiple times but he wasn't "gone" until the end of season 3.

I appreciate the nod to "Same as it Never Was" and bringing up the cancelled episode.

Good video overall. Should be informative to people who aren't familiar with that part of TMNT history.

Props for having GaoGaiGar, if you watch the dub, it's great to hear Leo, Raph and Mike in the cast isn't it?

Bakushan
01-02-2014, 09:04 AM

Hey man,

I truly appreciate all the hard work and editing that you put into this informative video. Fantastic work. Thanks again!!!!! :-) loved it!!

MikeandRaph87
01-02-2014, 10:09 AM
Nice work. We have to rely on the upcoming movie to have some form ofa profit to get the proper rleases of seasons 3 and 7 of the 2003 cartoon,huh? I know alot of us are concerned but August has yet to come.

Here is a 10th anniversary tribute to it set to Hall of Fame. I would have chose a better song for the montage but still its very nice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFdZ83Ws_eA

FlippytheMaster
01-02-2014, 10:10 AM
Kind of a notable kerfuffel in your video. You sited Kevin Eastmen the executive producer of the series when it was Peter Laird who was involved in the 2003 cartoon and it was at the point that Laird had bought out Eastmen from the TMNT dynasty.

Another minor thing is that "We Shredded Shredder" wasn't used until season 4. Shredder was defeated multiple times but he wasn't "gone" until the end of season 3.

I appreciate the nod to "Same as it Never Was" and bringing up the cancelled episode.

Good video overall. Should be informative to people who aren't familiar with that part of TMNT history.

Props for having GaoGaiGar, if you watch the dub, it's great to hear Leo, Raph and Mike in the cast isn't it?
Thanks. I realized that I had made the Eastman and Laird mistake after posting it online. Whoops! As for the "We Shredded Shredder" flub, I didn't actually realize that was the case. I'm sorry to admit that I haven't watched season 2 in a while. Nor have I watched season 4--but that's because of the whole home video SNAFU. That's my bad, I should've done more research or watched the whole thing. EDIT: I added a few annotations fixing the problems. Thanks for your help!
Glad to meet another GaoGaiGar fan! I didn't even know the Turtles were in it since I didn't watch it dubbed! I figured it'd be more seamless that way since the second half is sub-only. I'll have to go back and watch it now because that just blew my mind.
Hey man,

I truly appreciate all the hard work and editing that you put into this informative video. Fantastic work. Thanks again!!!!! :-) loved it!!

Thanks for the feedback! I might do some more videos come the 30th anniversary of the franchise as a whole.

Nice work. We have to rely on the upcoming movie to have some form ofa profit to get the proper rleases of seasons 3 and 7 of the 2003 cartoon,huh? I know alot of us are concerned but August has yet to come.

Here is a 10th anniversary tribute to it set to Hall of Fame. I would have chose a better song for the montage but still its very nice.

I dig it, nice to see other people celebrating the anniversary. :D

Drose18
01-02-2014, 09:12 PM

I made a video for 2k3 anniversary

Drose18
01-02-2014, 09:12 PM

Thats the one I made

MikeandRaph87
01-02-2014, 09:15 PM
Thats the one I made

Nice work,dude. What else do you have?

Drose18
01-02-2014, 09:26 PM
Nice work,dude. What else do you have?

Thanks!! Look at my channel I make a bunch of tmnt videos. The link is in my signature

Powder
01-02-2014, 10:21 PM
Your signature is f*cking huge, by the way.

TheBlueTurtle1
01-03-2014, 12:40 AM
Great vids, didn't know about Hun and the twin story line.

Man I love this show. Keep it alive and who knows, maybe one day soon, we will get a complete boxset on DVD.

Ninja Tiptup
01-03-2014, 02:26 AM
Glad to meet another GaoGaiGar fan! I didn't even know the Turtles were in it since I didn't watch it dubbed! I figured it'd be more seamless that way since the second half is sub-only. I'll have to go back and watch it now because that just blew my mind.

Huge bummer they didn't dub the second half and even bigger bummer nobody has brought over GGG Final.

In the dub of the first half Mike Sinterniklaas/Leonardo voices Guy, Wayne Grayson/Mikey voices one of the guys in the command center whose name escapes me, Greg Abbey/Raph voices Goldymar in a tough guy voice very similar to Raph's, Veronica Taylor/April voices Mamoru and Mark Thompson voices another guy in the command center whose name escapes me. Dan Green is Taiga which is a performance not to be missed. There's quite a few other TMNT cast members in the mix but those are probably the most significant ones.

FlippytheMaster
01-03-2014, 08:57 AM
Huge bummer they didn't dub the second half and even bigger bummer nobody has brought over GGG Final.

In the dub of the first half Mike Sinterniklaas/Leonardo voices Guy, Wayne Grayson/Mikey voices one of the guys in the command center whose name escapes me, Greg Abbey/Raph voices Goldymar in a tough guy voice very similar to Raph's, Veronica Taylor/April voices Mamoru and Mark Thompson voices another guy in the command center whose name escapes me. Dan Green is Taiga which is a performance not to be missed. There's quite a few other TMNT cast members in the mix but those are probably the most significant ones.

Awesome. I love it when voice actors are in roles that you wouldn't expect. Shows what versatility actors can have.

The Turtle Terminator
01-03-2014, 09:59 AM
Great vids, didn't know about Hun and the twin story line.

Man I love this show. Keep it alive and who knows, maybe one day soon, we will get a complete boxset on DVD.

Yeah, maybe just maybe

dragonside
01-03-2014, 12:15 PM
I love this show as well. It really was what got me back in. The dream adapation of the comic. But man, it had great moments. A lot of Leo moments too.

TheBlueTurtle1
01-03-2014, 12:41 PM
I love this show as well. It really was what got me back in. The dream adapation of the comic. But man, it had great moments. A lot of Leo moments too.

What I love about the show the most tbh, is that Leo felt like a strong decisive leader, and a hero. The way he should be.

Redeemer
01-03-2014, 08:01 PM
I love the comments in the video :lol:

FlippytheMaster
01-04-2014, 12:36 PM
I love the comments in the video :lol:

Thanks! :D