PDA

View Full Version : Movie (2014) - toys first description!

AlZarkovski
01-02-2014, 01:22 PM
Looks! It's intresting!

http://idlehands1.blogspot.ru/2014/01/new-movie-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles.html

Cure
01-02-2014, 01:28 PM
They seem alright to me, except for Shredder but whatevs.

TurtleTitan97
01-02-2014, 01:31 PM
Looks! It's intresting!

http://idlehands1.blogspot.ru/2014/01/new-movie-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles.html

Indeed it is. Thanks for sharing this.

Now I'm more curious to see the new designs.

Dawnatello Turtle Chick
01-02-2014, 01:45 PM
I'll be excited for the first leaked pics of these new upcoming toys! They sound like they could be interesting!!

TigerClaw
01-02-2014, 02:22 PM
Here's the the whole thing in quotes.
THE TURTLES

- Each turtle has the weapons they should have. (YAY!) 2 swords for Leo, a staff for Don, 2 sais for Raph, a pair of nunchucks and a three sectioned staff for Mikey.
- Each turtle looks LIKE A TURTLE and not alien...at all. (BIGGER YAY!) In fact the designs are quite traditional and unremarkable, and feature far less texture than the 80's movie turtles. Eyes are fairly normal and not cartoonishly large. No beak along the nose area like some speculated. Three fingers and two toes.
- The sort of hunched over posture present in the actors in those leaked set pictures is present here.
- Amazingly, each character appeared to have a different physique with some (like Raphael and Leonardo) having super heroey muscle tone (though Raph appears more pumped up than Leo) and Donatello appearing slimmer..leaner. Michelangelo could possibly be slightly shorter than the rest.
- Each turtle's mask matches the color from the cartoons.
- Styles of dress are different as well with Leonardo in a sort of pseudo samurai gear get up including shoulder armor, some leg bits, arm bracer and foot wear up to the calf with bindings showing. He might have some armor (non metal) along his chest as well. Donatello's gear is a mix of techy, modern and a dash of samurai with more normal footwear (for a 2 toed giant turtle), some gadget on his head and gadgetry coming off of his shell. The ends of his mask are far longer than the rest, draping down to his waist. Raphael has adopted an urban warrior look with white, bandage-like wrappings on his feet, right leg, and right arm. He wears this very conan-esque loin cloth..thing..with leather straps draping down as if he were more suited for gladiatorial battle. Michelangelo's outfit seems the simplest with a hoodie wrapped around his waist, pants and sneakers with the toes cut out, wrappings on his hands and forearms, a necklace (could be puka shell beads?) and his mask ends drape down to his chest. He looks frighteningly ready to spit out some modern catch phrases.

SPLINTER

- Again, a very traditional design.
- Hair pulled up in a samurai..nub? Fu Manchu facial hair going on.
- His eyes seemed a little odd but I couldn't make out what was going on there.
- Slightly tattered samurai outfit with a blue upper half with gold accents, tan lower belted robes and blocky sandals.
- Comes with a samurai sword.

APRIL O'NEIL

- Nothing out of the ordinary here, especially since we saw her on set in her yellow jacket. Blue jeans, black boots up to her knees and a satchel across her chest.
- Worth noting the figure doesn't much look like her.
- Comes with a camera and 2 sai knives.
- Also might be worth noting she doesn't look very articulated and her heels may present a standing issue.

THE SHREDDER

- This guy looks like he owns stock in the Ronco knife company! Pointy edges coming off of absolutely anything. He'll be the stuff of ridicule for some time. Very overcomplicated outfit.
- Helmet is pseudo-traditional, adopting elements of the classic look (mostly the shape and key elements) with the top coming down over the eyes to the nose. Mouth area is recessed.
- Describing the rest of this armor is a nightmare. Suffice to say, even though he's covered head to toe in metal armor or blades, his arms are still mostly bare. It's a bit comical. He's got the shoulder pieces with the blades coming off them, the shin armor with the blades coming off them, black armor areas to offset the steel parts and a cape that looks metal with blades coming down the side. I'd expect we'll see him whip that around in battle.
- His only weapons (beyond his whole body) seem to be the bladey thingies coming off his forearm armor. The one on his right arm seems incredibly complicated..maybe a spinning blade?

FOOT SOLDIER

- No surprises here at all..just as drab as the goons in masks we saw on set.
- The figure designs are a bit more colorful with a brownish scarf, blue vest, black arms, tan pants, grey knee pads and black boots. They also seem to have made the mask more of a grey than the copper look we saw on set.
- The changes in colors and such lead me to wonder if they did that for the toy line just to bring something out for kids beyond a boring black outfit or has there been changes to the Foot Soldier's look? Our bet is the former. Makes little sense to put out figures that don't match the movie look, though....but it's not like it hasn't happened before.
- Figure comes with a small hand gun, a larger rifle and a knife. You may be able to strap the smaller gun to his leg in a holster sculpted on.

What I find interesting in the info is that it says, that there eyes are normal and not as big as the cartoon versions. I guess they have human like eyes?

Powder
01-02-2014, 03:31 PM
Well they match the descriptions I was given a while ago. Whether that's good or bad remains to be seen.

darthwahl56
01-02-2014, 03:35 PM
The turtle desciptions sound kind of like the next mutation turtle thrashers, you know the ones with the skateboards and they have different outfits.

I will hold out for a Whoopi Goldberg Burping action stuffed animal for this movie line.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-dio4eN9Nm7E/UB0Z5BVAl2I/AAAAAAAABhc/f5hB4VJ9ml0/s1600/IMG_5412.JPG

Candy Kappa
01-02-2014, 03:45 PM
Can't say I'm all that excited by the description. Splinter sounds to be the better design, while Shredder... Oh poor Shredder. The more spikes the better, eh?

Foot figures sounds like a huge pass for me

Chris
01-02-2014, 04:04 PM
Very interesting.

On one hand I like the idea of the Turtles having unique looks, but at the same time I don't want them to go too far with it (Leo in pseudo Samurai gear sounds good to me, Raph in a loin cloth not so much). Still, I'm intrigued and certainly willing to reserve judgement until I see them for myself. Part of me wonders if these are just variants though.

Splinter sounds fine and so does April (shame about the likeness and lack of articulation but sadly I was sort of expecting that).

Shredder. I'll give him the dignity of reserving judgement until I see him for myself but it doesn't sound promising.

NinjaPug
01-02-2014, 04:09 PM
Everything sounded good for the Turtles until the style of dress part. Mikey with a hoodie and necklace. Ugh.

CyberCubed
01-02-2014, 04:21 PM
Don't like the idea of the turtles wearing armor or street clothes, what's wrong with their traditional look? Is it because they're naked?

Also surprised to see them keep the two toes look, because otherwise they are the same as the Nick turtles, with Don being skinnier and taller and Mikey being the shortest.

Shredder's design sounds horrible. But what can we expect from a white Shredder Eric Sachs.

bridgegrn
01-02-2014, 04:26 PM
Not a fan of the clothing thing :/ I'm happy to hear that outside of that they look traditional. That Mikey description reminds me of fan art that was posted before...

NinjaPug
01-02-2014, 04:38 PM
That report also gave us a small movie synopsis:

New York City. Crime rates are on the rise and innocent civilians tremble in fear. But there's a force fighting back, vigilantes among us ready to protect the city. Are they the heroes we expect them to be? And are they powerful enough to take down the masked warrior everyone fears...the Shredder?

Andrew NDB
01-02-2014, 04:48 PM
"a pair of nunchucks and a three sectioned staff for Mikey."

lol... of course he has that in this movie. Of course he does. Any guess as to which weapon he will not actually be hitting anyone with in the movie?

Zachatello00
01-02-2014, 05:24 PM
Sounds pretty consistent with everything else I've heard/seen/experienced: Disappointing.

The Stryker
01-02-2014, 05:39 PM
I kinda like the clothes idea.

They're so influenced by pop culture and the human world and they spend most of their time fighting dudes with guns and swords. Why WOULDN'T they put on alittle something?

Electric
01-02-2014, 05:54 PM
like how theyre keeping the turtles different. big things like buff leo, even buffer raph, lean donnie and short mikey, and little things like donnie having a longer mask.

Not crazy about the clothes part. i think itll be a little overboard and distracting, but we'll see. atleast they varied it, and didnt have them all wearing the same thing. just hope its only for part of the movie.

shredder sounds overdone. if there are THAT many spikes thats disapointing. but again we'll see. i guess if he can fight and use them in a realistic way it wouldnt be bad.

Ramboraph4life aka Matt
01-02-2014, 06:04 PM
So...there's the possibility that Raphael may be running around New York City in a loin cloth?

(I'm just mainly talking to myself to make sure I read that right.)

Well, unless he crushes his enemies. Sees them driven before you. And hears the lamentations of the women aka April O'Neil aka Megan Fox. Then I'll be ok with it.

snake
01-02-2014, 06:37 PM
They sound disappointing, hopefully the pictures prove me wrong.

TMNT is cooler than MOTU
01-02-2014, 06:41 PM
With cameras being as small and sneaky as they are nowadays, I'm a little bummed nobody was able to snap a pic or two of these. Dying to get a peek at the characters, even it is just in toy form.

TheJ-manTurtleMan
01-02-2014, 06:51 PM
The clothing idea made me a little uneasy at first, especially Raph, but I have to say (and please don't shoot me!!) I kinda like Mikey's clothing description :shifty:

Slap-Happy
01-02-2014, 06:59 PM
Loving the clothes. It's something I always thought would make sense for them.

They're teens. They'd want to wear something that they think is cool. It's not like they can get a haircut or something. Gotta express themselves in some way.

As for Shredder... Sounds like we might have another Green Goblin type thing on our hands.

tmnt transformer
01-02-2014, 07:01 PM
The clothing idea made me a little uneasy at first, especially Raph, but I have to say (and please don't shoot me!!) I kinda like Mikey's clothing description :shifty:

I couldn't resist.....

DONATELLO DUZMACHINES
01-02-2014, 08:09 PM
Mikey and Raph's clothing description has me worried the most. Manly the cut out gum shoes and panys on Mikey, but ill reserve judgement till I see the final product. Donnies outfit sounds interesting with the tech mixed in with Samurai gear, Splinters design sounds awesome. Glad to hear that they have the individual Nick body types. Cant wait to see the real deal.

Donatello19
01-02-2014, 08:11 PM
The turtles don't sound too bad, I'm not too big on them wearing clothing though. I wish they would've used the three toe'd look but oh well. Their armor also sounds like a bit much...I have a bad feeling that these are gonna feel more like turtle variants than actual, basic figures. Oh, and Don's bandanna going down to his WAIST? That's a bit too long, no? I can't completely judge until I actually see the figures...

Splinter doesn't seem like he's dramatically different...but I still want to see him, of course.

Shredder sounds kinda weird...I hope the guy who wrote the article was exaggerating the amount of spikes on the figure.

The Foot sound horrible. Probably because I really hate how they're going to look in the movie itself.

April sounds ok...I mean, it's not really going to look like an April figure than a generic human, but whatever.

Overall not too impressed. However, my opinions will probably drastically change when I actually see what the figures look like.

Mr._Mutant_Man
01-02-2014, 08:12 PM
Michelangelo's description sounds a little odd, but Leonardo and Donatello's appearance sounds pretty cool.

Apparently April O'Neil's high heeled boots may cause standing issues. Too bad she doesn't have the huge Ugg boots like cartoon April. That figure is super easy to stand.

RaphAndDonnie
01-02-2014, 08:21 PM
The turtles sound good. Nice to hear they're keeping them looking different. Splinter's design sounds eh...but I guess I'll have to see it to actually form a good opinion. Shredder's designs though...they're really overloading him with blades except for his...arms? Comical sounding indeed. Not too big on the clothing but whatever.

chrisdude
01-02-2014, 08:43 PM
I'm glad the turtles' designs are getting some more personality. There's no reason the turtles wouldn't wear clothes, or that Donnie doesn't carry gadgets. With the exception of whatever Raph is wearing, it all sounds good to me. Especially Mikey.

Shame how they got pictures for Spider-Man and Captain America, but only descriptions for TMNT. But the toys are out there, we should see them soon enough...

AquaParade
01-02-2014, 08:51 PM
This movie is going to be a blast. The descriptions sound awesome for the most part. I was hoping there'd be some secret ninja-garbed Foot revealed, but I'll survive because I think the turtle descriptions sound totally awesome.

psychturtle
01-02-2014, 10:02 PM
Certainly one of you can find a leaked picture of these figures! I'm not tech savvy.

TurtleMikey
01-02-2014, 10:23 PM
I kinda like the clothes idea.

They're so influenced by pop culture and the human world and they spend most of their time fighting dudes with guns and swords. Why WOULDN'T they put on alittle something?
Loving the clothes. It's something I always thought would make sense for them.

They're teens. They'd want to wear something that they think is cool. It's not like they can get a haircut or something. Gotta express themselves in some way.

As for Shredder... Sounds like we might have another Green Goblin type thing on our hands.

Agreed.

Outside of being Turtles and living in the sewer, they act just like humans and are influenced by much of their culture.

So, why wouldn't they wear clothes? I mean, despite not having genitalia, they are still naked. And I'm sure they'd be predisposed to being somewhat uncomfortable with that.

Or on the other side of the spectrum, just comfortable with wearing clothing, or even armor, they like or feel they need, as well as being all natural.

And thats just scratching the surface.

I mean really. When you think about it, there are more reasons why they would, than why they wouldn't.

TurtleMikey
01-02-2014, 10:33 PM
Certainly one of you can find a leaked picture of these figures! I'm not tech savvy.

The New York Toy Fair is next month, so we'll see them sooner rather than later.

Venom
01-02-2014, 10:47 PM
Well they match the descriptions I was given a while ago. Whether that's good or bad remains to be seen.

"Wow, Powder's source was legit!" = Pretty much my thought when reading about Leo. 8)

Powder
01-02-2014, 10:54 PM
I made mention of Mikey's pants & some other stuff too. :trazz: Like others, I have faith Donny & Leo will look pretty sick. The others, I'm not so sure.

psychturtle
01-02-2014, 11:06 PM
I don't know why anyone questioned Powder's legitimacy. Dude's in the know.

I guess I can wait a month to see them. I wonder if they will show the other 3 classic collection movie turtles then too...

I'm not sure if I like the thought of all the clothing. You know playmates has the clothing in the molds rather than attachments so that will suck. I still hope Hot Toys makes a set of the turtles from this film.

Am I the only one that thinks Raph will look really badass? I'm not thinking George of the Jungle when I read his description, I'm thinking Andy Whitfield's Spartacus.

xChri5x
01-02-2014, 11:14 PM
i'm okay with everything except the clothing. Hopefully it's just for the figures and/or just for a few scenes in the movie.

CyberCubed
01-02-2014, 11:30 PM
Mike wearing a neck chain worries me. I hope he doesn't go around the movie shouting things like, "Woooord!" and, "That's phat!" and "Like a Turtle do!"

TurtleTitan97
01-02-2014, 11:32 PM
Mike wearing a neck chain worries me. I hope he doesn't go around the movie shouting things like, "Woooord!" and, "That's phat!" and "Like a Turtle do!"

Isn't stuff like that what he regularly says, though?

NYShell
01-02-2014, 11:49 PM
I don't like anything I've read from the description. This is for the toy line, so hopefully it's not as absurd in the movie.

bridgegrn
01-02-2014, 11:58 PM
Ugh the clothes stuff really makes me roll my eyes. Hopefully it looks better than it sounds.

jcarter
01-03-2014, 12:09 AM
Wonder if they will look like the new Lego Toys I've seen on Google and YouTube if so it won't look bad

BabyTurtles
01-03-2014, 12:56 AM
they sound so cool!!

Donnie and Mikey's clothes sound interesting to me!! can't wait!!

..........uuuggghh can't they just show us already! throw us a bone!!

electric_sheep
01-03-2014, 01:16 AM
so all that more humanoid was ********?

TurtleMikey
01-03-2014, 05:22 AM
so all that more humanoid was ********?

No. People just took that to be more serious, and more literal, than it was/is.

Agent 86
01-03-2014, 05:48 AM
It all sounds interesting. I am a fan of the fact that the Nick designs showcase the individuality of each of the turtles with different heights, body shapes, etc.

So, extending that to their clothing choices kind of makes sense, especially since they're so interested/immersed in human/teenage culture and habits.

Shredder's design doesn't sound quite as good. I was hoping that Playmates would finally release a "good" Shredder action figure. If this one just looks like a mutant echidna, then I'll continue to hope that Shredder appears in the Retro-Classics line!

ZariusTwo
01-03-2014, 06:31 AM
Sounds pretty consistent with everything else I've heard/seen/experienced: Disappointing.

Says the person with the avatar of the far more ghastly designed gap-toothed Donatello.

The Stryker
01-03-2014, 07:11 AM

1. He already says sh*t like that.

2. How does wearing a puka shell necklace mean you'll speak ebonics?

madyankees
01-03-2014, 07:17 AM
Not cool with the clothes part... While I don't mind slight differences between the turtles, the clothes seemed to be overly excessive

The Turtle Terminator
01-03-2014, 07:45 AM
What's the point of the turtles wearing clothes?!?!?!?! It sounds like the cancelled 2001 movie which had a more 'urban'-like feel to it. Bucket breath sounds as though he's a good figure. As for Splinter, he ONLY comes with a sword! No walking stick? In my opinion, this is going to lead to what sounds like bad costumes in the film. Just another one of many reasons why 1990 TMNT film fans won't go to see Bay's TMNT

Cowabunga:fshifty:

TheSkeletonMan939
01-03-2014, 08:07 AM
The description of Shredder sounds god-awful, but maybe it looks better than it sounds.

The Turtle Terminator
01-03-2014, 08:25 AM
The description of Shredder sounds god-awful, but maybe it looks better than it sounds.

Don't understand why you and others hate Shredder? He is a terrorising person who tries to use blade to Slice N' Dice people

Whatswiththeheadbands?
01-03-2014, 08:36 AM
Don't understand why you and others hate Shredder? He is a terrorising person who tries to use blade to Slice N' Dice people

It's that fact that he will have too many blades on him, and will make him look very silly. Shredder looks really cool and serious when done right.

The Stryker
01-03-2014, 08:42 AM
Just another one of many reasons why 1990 TMNT film fans won't go to see Bay's TMNT

Hahaha.

Haaaaaaaaaaaa!

tmnt transformer
01-03-2014, 09:02 AM
Says the person with the avatar of the far more ghastly designed gap-toothed Donatello.

What's the matter with a gap-toothed Don?.... It's much better then having a cyborg want a be Don...

marcelangelo
01-03-2014, 09:35 AM
wow! I am amazed that this time I really feel disappointed already..can't find anything I like in those descriptions...but a picture says more than a thousand words they say, huh?perhaps my point of view gets changed ince we'll get to really SEE something....
I really got the feeling that THIS turtles movie won't be anything for me;(sorry guys..I am happy for anyone who finds something for him/her in this..

The Turtle Terminator
01-03-2014, 09:57 AM
It's that fact that he will have too many blades on him, and will make him look very silly. Shredder looks really cool and serious when done right.

But his name is Shredder. He is supposed to have loads of blades. Look at Super Shredder for example:

Awesome figure,
Loads of blades.

AdamWarlock87
01-03-2014, 10:19 AM
Doesn't sound all that bad besides Shredders description. I'm wondering if Shredder in the movie his cape will be cgi and maybe the blades retract so it looks more sleek and when he's fighting then the blades come out

BabyTurtles
01-03-2014, 10:41 AM

http://31.media.tumblr.com/b9814f525df3552b68ddb7a83e63394b/tumblr_mn0zfkIIZA1s5bg5do1_500.gif

sgtfbomb
01-03-2014, 10:50 AM
It could just be that the description itself is godawful. Everything I read from that description sounds like it could go either way, the clothing especially. That goes double for the Shredder. It could be cool or it could be overkill. Because not only do you have to imagine how that'll look in the actual film, but you have to picture William Fichtner, a skinny, almost 60 year old man with the wrinkly, worn-down face of a corrupt politician wearing that suit, essentially giving you a mental image that is not too far off from seeing Mitt Romney wearing the Super Shredder costume, which even with CGI enhancements still absolutely sounds dumb. Plus, then while watching the film, you'll somehow have to imagine a scenario where Eric Sachs puts on the suit without accidentally killing himself. I can already picture endless amount of Movie Sin, Guy With Glasses, Honest Trailers, and How It Should Have Ended videos that this film will no doubt inspire...

TMNT is cooler than MOTU
01-03-2014, 11:48 AM
Shredder's description totally reminds me of

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attach/4/1/3/2/0/3425789785_bf1d38ae7c_o_1239286903.jpg

plastroncafe
01-03-2014, 12:00 PM
I am so morbidly curious to see these toys.

TheBlueTurtle1
01-03-2014, 12:39 PM
tbh I am worried about this:-?

Andrew NDB
01-03-2014, 01:01 PM
It could just be that the description itself is godawful. Everything I read from that description sounds like it could go either way

Ah, the Battered Wife syndrome back at play. "Maybe it'll get better! Maybe he'll change, and stop beating me!" Nope, sister, he's gonna keep at it.

And so is Platinum Dunes/Playmates.

Zulithe
01-03-2014, 01:25 PM
Everything in the description sounds fine to me. But that all could change once I see them.

I'm most worried about Splinter, not the turtles. Splinter is the one character who's appearance seems to change the most from iteration to iteration. Sometimes for the worst. Did not like 2007 movie splinter AT ALL.

MastahShredder
01-03-2014, 01:48 PM
I'm not worried about Shredders look yet. A toy is not exactly what he'll look like to a t. I'm sure they have worked in some sort of CGI into it.

Seeing Fictner as it is what worries me.

electric_sheep
01-03-2014, 01:54 PM
they are wearing clothes because they have human ***** in this iteration...

The Stryker
01-03-2014, 02:08 PM
they are wearing clothes because they have human ***** in this iteration...

Uh. No?

Get dicks off of your mind guy.

CyberCubed
01-03-2014, 02:20 PM
Obviously the toy design couldn't tell that there was a white wrinkly 60 year old man behind the Shredder armor instead of a 30-40 year old Japanese martial artist.

The Stryker
01-03-2014, 02:32 PM
why else would they wear something ridiculous as loincloth?
i bet splinter has one to, he'll probably end up using it instead of his cane...

Why is everyone taking the loincloth description to mean that he'll be in Tarzan garb? He could easily be in some kind of gladiator type garb.

TurtleMaster4
01-03-2014, 02:42 PM
I must say, I am very exited about the look of the turtles! I like the look they had since the beginning, but I'm open to them having clothing! Leo sounds awesome, I mean he sounds so battle ready, and I love the fact that Donatello has science gadgets on, and that Raphael is, well pretty much like all the older version, minus that lions cloth. Mickey get's me a bit worried and a bit exited though. I guess I'll have to wait till I see him in action. I don't want him to be a gangsta.

Splinter sounds alot like, well, Splinter. April seems normal as well.

Shredder and the foot is what I am worried about though, Shredder sounds a bit to spikey, and the foot don't sound like the foot. I said it before but I might as well say it again, I don't mind some foot ninja's with guns, but they are supposed to be a ninja clan, not an army, if you can mix the original with new I'm all for it.

MikLeo
01-03-2014, 03:11 PM
Change is good.

The Stryker
01-03-2014, 03:25 PM
Sneakers and a puka shell necklace = Urban Gangsta.

The things I've learned here.

MastahShredder
01-03-2014, 03:42 PM
I must say, I am very exited about the look of the turtles! I like the look they had since the beginning, but I'm open to them having clothing! Leo sounds awesome, I mean he sounds so battle ready, and I love the fact that Donatello has science gadgets on, and that Raphael is, well pretty much like all the older version, minus that lions cloth. Mickey get's me a bit worried and a bit exited though. I guess I'll have to wait till I see him in action. I don't want him to be a gangsta.

Splinter sounds alot like, well, Splinter. April seems normal as well.

Shredder and the foot is what I am worried about though, Shredder sounds a bit to spikey, and the foot don't sound like the foot. I said it before but I might as well say it again, I don't mind some foot ninja's with guns, but they are supposed to be a ninja clan, not an army, if you can mix the original with new I'm all for it.

I'm still holding out hope that Shredder has an elite faction of the Foot who are more ninja then armed forces look.

Vulkanthekrusader
01-03-2014, 04:02 PM
Somebody post pics already

xChri5x
01-03-2014, 04:03 PM
Here ya go:
http://i.imgur.com/w88YRJt.png

jcarter
01-03-2014, 04:09 PM
Lol:tgrin:

Xav
01-03-2014, 04:20 PM
Wonder if they will look like the new Lego Toys I've seen on Google and YouTube if so it won't look badWhat Lego toys are you talking about?

MikLeo
01-03-2014, 04:21 PM
Here ya go:

There are from the 90.

sgtfbomb
01-03-2014, 04:36 PM
Change is good.

Not all change.

Powder
01-03-2014, 04:56 PM
There are from the 90.

& the award for idiot of the year goes to...

Galactus
01-03-2014, 05:14 PM
The idea that the turtles would wear human clothes to further add a sense of individuality to each turtle is a fine one in principal. The fact that the idea is sound is no guarantee that it will be executed well and look aestheticaly pleasing.

Not to mention what looks cool on paper does not always tranlate well to live action. Case in point the Dooney artworkk for Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation actually look pretty decent but on screen they looked laughable. Speaking of which those designs were also bulky, overly muscled turtles with all radicaly individual looks.

Even the idea that it's practical doesn't really work for me. Leo and Don are supposedly battle ready but how does Mike's hoodie and gold chain help him in battle? Will Leo be chillin' in the lair in his bamboo armor?

The basic turtle look has served the franchise well and anything but minor tweaks has been met with mixed results. I would argue that a reboot should be trying to take the franchise back to basics maybe then explore "new" ideas.

psychturtle
01-03-2014, 05:19 PM
What Lego toys are you talking about?

This. Are there LEGO figures out for the new movie already???

Cudley The Cowlick
01-03-2014, 06:12 PM
Here ya go:

Aw man LOL
That's hilarious. Well done

TrickOrTreater
01-03-2014, 06:50 PM
I don't really mind the clothes aspect in theory. Some regular, customized based on personality clothing is just fine.

But it sounds like they REALLY overdid it for Mikey. Like...a hoody wrapped around his waist? WHY?

But whatever. We all pretty much knew the Turtles were going to look decent to pretty good. The rest REALLY depends on the actors and the script(which I have zero faith in, as far as the script).

I'm not at all surprised about Shredder though. He's going to be as mocked as much as if not more so than Green Goblin was from Spider-Man. Which is a real friggin' bummer.

I wish they'd said how tall Splinter is compared to the rest of the Turtles.

Casey
01-03-2014, 10:43 PM
Here ya go:

Genius. I had that Leo. Years later, he became part of my collection from the 3rd live action film. My family was poor, so I improvised where I could lol.

AdamWarlock87
01-03-2014, 11:06 PM
Lol on the pic chri5 that was great

MikLeo
01-03-2014, 11:11 PM
Here's the the whole thing in quotes.

What I find interesting in the info is that it says, that there eyes are normal and not as big as the cartoon versions. I guess they have human like eyes?

& the award for idiot of the year goes to...

Look who going get his ass kick......

Cure
01-04-2014, 12:04 AM

Hahaha, oh Jesus. What are you gonna do? What are you ACTUALLY going to do?

Powder
01-04-2014, 01:27 AM

I'm legitimately intimidated.

Casey
01-04-2014, 08:33 AM

You gotta be trolling so hard right? All your perfectly hilarious grammatical errors and your lack of info on your profile? Threatening someone on an online forum where you have no idea where the person lives or even their real name for crying out loud. Not to mention your username. I say you're a fake.

MikLeo
01-04-2014, 09:11 AM
the jerk insult me, and i am the bad guy?Its easy for you to hide beside your computer, Powder....

Casey
01-04-2014, 09:33 AM
the jerk insult me, and i am the bad guy?Its easy for you to hide beside your computer, Powder....

You're not the bad guy. I just think you aren't for real. More power to you for trying though.

The Stryker
01-04-2014, 10:15 AM
More power to you for trying to start a FOR REALZ fight on a Ninja Turtle forum.

Ninjinister
01-04-2014, 10:37 AM
Somebody post pics already

Nobody has pictures yet!

Stop asking, folks. We'll get 'em when we get 'em.

Donatello19
01-04-2014, 01:48 PM
What Lego toys are you talking about?

This. Are there LEGO figures out for the new movie already???

There is going to be a new LEGO set for the movie, alongside new Nickelodeon based sets.

snake
01-04-2014, 02:23 PM
I'm starting to warm up to Donnie's design, it sounds pretty cool. Shredder sounds terrible, Leo and Mikey sound okay, and I just can't picture Raph's. Toy fair is coming up and we should have pics then.

TurtleMaster4
01-04-2014, 07:40 PM
Nobody has pictures yet!

Stop asking, folks. We'll get 'em when we get 'em.

Can someone post the pictures!

Ha Ha, sorry. :tlol:

cartoonistaaron
01-04-2014, 10:55 PM
I think anybody who thinks the clothing "sounds fine" is fooling themselves. The TMNT going around wearing clothes all the time is like putting Batman in a 3 piece suit or something. It's fine when they're in disguise but hopefully someone involved with this movie will have the good sense to... Wait, I can't believe I typed that phrase. Nevermind.

Coola Yagami
01-04-2014, 11:27 PM
I think anybody who thinks the clothing "sounds fine" is fooling themselves. The TMNT going around wearing clothes all the time is like putting Batman in a 3 piece suit or something. It's fine when they're in disguise but hopefully someone involved with this movie will have the good sense to... Wait, I can't believe I typed that phrase. Nevermind.

yeah... the turtles better be 'as is' at least during downtime and only 'suit up' for the final battle if they have to.... no wait.... THEY DON'T ****IN HAVE TO. They never had to wear battle gear before, why start now?

Powder
01-04-2014, 11:27 PM
I absolutely love the idea of incorporating Samurai & other Japanese clothing/armor design elements, in small doses, but for the most part, I am against the turtles having outfits or anything like that. I mean, it'd be one thing if they all had a uniformed look that involved more apparel, but not when each turtle is dressed up in unique garb. Save that for toy variants & the like, I say. I'm still open to it, as there's always a chance I'll be pleasantly surprised, but by text interpretation alone, I'm not looking forward to seeing Mikey & Raph. Leo & Donnie have potential though, or so it would seem.

Candy Kappa
01-05-2014, 05:07 AM
I'm curious about the "coming off of his shell" does Donatello have cyber implants inside his plastron or carapace? It sounds very iffy.

Tazi
01-05-2014, 05:41 AM
I'm curious about the different outfit for turtles thing, and I'm okay with it as a one time occassion. Anyway, that's probably not the reason why the movie could (and likely will) suck.

They could have just done one thing differently: Give everyone a red bandanna as in Mirage. Since all 4 of them having too similar look is no more a concert.

xChri5x
01-05-2014, 09:44 AM
The only clothing I could get behind:
http://i.imgur.com/NBnHAYc.jpg?1

Xav
01-05-2014, 10:02 AM
There is going to be a new LEGO set for the movie, alongside new Nickelodeon based sets.I know, but that guy is claiming he saw them on Google and YouTube yet I can't find them anywhere.

Bob
01-05-2014, 10:11 AM
With the casting of William Fichtner (who’s not really an imposing figure) and the description of Shredder (as well as the motion-capture element we know he’ll have), I have a feeling there’s going to be either an alien or supernatural twist with Shredder.

Gin Rummy
01-05-2014, 10:40 AM
In Reading the description. I have found that some of my Fears have been relived. I had created a horrid mental image of what I thought the movie turtles to be. IMO They don't have to be overly 'realistic' to look real.

MastahShredder
01-05-2014, 01:55 PM
With the casting of William Fichtner (who’s not really an imposing figure) and the description of Shredder (as well as the motion-capture element we know he’ll have), I have a feeling there’s going to be either an alien or supernatural twist with Shredder.

This is what bothers me the most. He's not an imposing figure whatsoever and he might just end up looking like a joke.

Saito was not a big guy but he still had that look, if you get what I'm saying.

His body movements were amazing and made Shredder a scary villain. He looked like someone you do not mess with.

It sounds like they didn't' keep it simple like they did in 1990.

Xav
01-05-2014, 02:27 PM
Ironically, Fichtner and Saito are about the same age. Of course Saito was in his mid 30s when he played Shredder and Fichtner is pushing 60.

MastahShredder
01-05-2014, 02:39 PM
Ironically, Fichtner and Saito are about the same age. Of course Saito was in his mid 30s when he played Shredder and Fichtner is pushing 60.

Which is another thing that irks me about it. 56 year old Shredder?

We're going to see Shredder as Sachs so it's not like they can hide that fact. Sure they could touch him up to look younger but still...

I don't mind the premise of a white Shredder as much as others but I just think Fichtner was a terrible choice.

I guess we'll see when it comes out.

I think they should have went with a more intimidating look like the new toon Shredder.

Bob
01-05-2014, 02:41 PM
I have faith in William Fichtner as a performer, because he is a good actor. I just think they’re going to have to do something a little different to pull it off. Hence why I believe there will be an alien and/or supernatural element to Shredder in the film.

MastahShredder
01-05-2014, 02:50 PM
I have faith in William Fichtner as a performer, because he is a good actor. I just think they’re going to have to do something a little different to pull it off. Hence why I believe there will be an alien and/or supernatural element to Shredder in the film.

That scares me as well.

I hope they don't turn him into some mutated being to go from the transition of being Sachs to then being Shredder.

I was never a big fan of alien Shredder's.

jestermon
01-05-2014, 03:21 PM
So...there's the possibility that Raphael may be running around New York City in a loin cloth?

(I'm just mainly talking to myself to make sure I read that right.)

Well, unless he crushes his enemies. Sees them driven before you. And hears the lamentations of the women aka April O'Neil aka Megan Fox. Then I'll be ok with it.

I don't understand why no one realizes Leonardo will have a loincloth too if he doesn't have pants on, that's pretty much what samurai armor without pants would be.

Also, sneakers, hoody tied around waist, and puka shell necklace is either a hippy girl on the rag or a surfer type guy not a ghetto superstar, unless he's from the Caribbean.

TigerClaw
01-05-2014, 03:33 PM
Let's not forget that we will see Raph wearing a Hat and Trenchcoat like we seen in those behind the scenes pics.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-eh8ydIdr3yo/UsWyGhELNvI/AAAAAAAAm7w/GdvPlh2k0hU/s1600/teenage+mutant+ninja+turtles+2014+movie.png

As for Raph wearing a loincloth, I don't think we would see him wear that in public, But I bet during indoor scenes. Like in the Lair or when they are fighting the foot.

Candy Kappa
01-05-2014, 03:37 PM
Seeing how tall Raph is really irks me.

xChri5x
01-05-2014, 03:45 PM
Also, you can kind of make out through his trench coat that he has pectorals... *cringe*

Candy Kappa
01-05-2014, 04:04 PM
Could be just laziness of not having prosthetics under the coat, or the plastron is moulded similar of muscles which is frankly a pet peeve of mine.

BabyTurtles
01-05-2014, 04:20 PM
Seeing how tall Raph is really irks me.

he is pretty tall huh....I like the turtles shorter...

but :3 I'm sure it'll look cool either way~

xChri5x
01-05-2014, 10:38 PM
Some great fan renditions are turning up:
http://i.imgur.com/KRAQRJX.jpg?2
Larger: http://www.deviantart.com/art/the-turtles-343939087

http://i.imgur.com/BdHSRhm.jpg?1
Source: http://iliveonmycdrive.tumblr.com/post/72392010012/for-a-contest

http://i.imgur.com/L8WaBeM.jpg?1
Source: http://www.deviantart.com/art/Ninja-Turtles-Into-Their-Own-399815635

Powder
01-05-2014, 10:45 PM
The first and third came out way before this news did.

Anyway I was thinking I'd take a crack at drawing these myself. At least this time I have free reign to share it.

psychturtle
01-05-2014, 11:41 PM
The first and third came out way before this news did.

Anyway I was thinking I'd take a crack at drawing these myself. At least this time I have free reign to share it.

Oh man I can't wait to see these!

HeroTurtlesFan
01-06-2014, 05:52 AM
Sounds interesting. I'm not adverse to the 'clothing' angle in theory. Nothing here puts me off the movie, I still can't wait to see it!

TigerClaw
01-06-2014, 01:42 PM
Black Nerd just posted a new Rant video about the descriptions of the TMNT 2014 toys.

EPg5xryhzaw

The Stryker
01-06-2014, 03:53 PM
Yo. Who cares?

Cure
01-06-2014, 03:59 PM
You know how much he just loooooooves Black Nerd.

nimajneb
01-12-2014, 12:34 PM
I'm still excited, what everyone fails to mention is these are toys not post effect images from the movie.
As soon as the trailer is out we'll all laugh at how we mocked the idea of figures in clothes!
The clothes may even just be from a 5 minute scene of the film, I'm waiting for the trailer, I like the transformer films, I like pearl harbour. Bay directs the film and I'm ok with that.:tgrumble:

Powder
01-12-2014, 12:37 PM
Don't get your hopes up. The clothes are very much a part of it, from what I'm told.

NinjaPug
01-12-2014, 01:21 PM
Bay directs the film and I'm ok with that.:tgrumble:

How many times does it need to be said that Michael Bay isn't directing this?

Don't get your hopes up. The clothes are very much a part of it, from what I'm told.

Grumble. I was hoping they'd lose the clothing for some of the fight/action scenes.

Vulkanthekrusader
01-12-2014, 02:25 PM
ITs Bay so I expect them all to rock Levi's 505 jeans

Ninjinister
01-12-2014, 03:26 PM
ITs Bay so I expect them all to rock Levi's 505 jeans

How many times does it need to be said that Michael Bay isn't directing this?

Jesus of Nazareth, don't people read anymore?

Cure
01-12-2014, 05:38 PM
You know they don't, man.

Plasticplayhouse
01-13-2014, 01:04 PM
Everything sounded good for the Turtles until the style of dress part. Mikey with a hoodie and necklace. Ugh.

totally agree. i've never been a fan of "dressed up" turtles. as i read the details, i will admit the first thing that popped up in my mind was next mutation....:sweatdro: i dont hate much, but the next mutation is one of the things that i hate most :( i'll keep my fingers crossed that the movie will feel nothing like the NM.

turtlefanforever
01-13-2014, 01:22 PM
Featured in this film than their actual descriptions. At least you'd know why your getting and I didn't think it was even half bad.

turtlefanforever
01-13-2014, 01:30 PM
What's the matter with a gap-toothed Don?.... It's much better then having a cyborg want a be Don...

I prefer a cyborg wanna be Donetello anyday. I'm fact we kinda had that already in fast forward

AquaParade
01-13-2014, 02:40 PM
I'm a huge fan of the turtles wearing clothing. It not only makes sense that the turtle's would want to express themselves but also can add a bit of that Urban feel to the film, which I am all for.

It's just too bad they couldn't keep them all in red masks. Throw Mikey an orange jacket, Donatello some purple tech/gear, and Give Leo blue eyes or something. Just spitballin here...

nimajneb
01-13-2014, 03:24 PM
Sorry about getting my wires crossed, defending transformers 4 on another forum!

slingtheory
01-14-2014, 06:21 PM
this might just be me being a traditionalist fanboy but the tmnt have been mostly naked for 30 years why do they need clothes now. what does that add to the concept? yeah it might help show off their individual personalitys but you know what else does that. good acting. I keep imagining some out of touch executives sitting around a table somewhere wondering how they can make the turtles more edgy and cool and buzzwords and finally one of them goes "oh I know clothes" its like that simpsons episode where they gave Malibu Stacy a new hat

turtlefanforever
01-14-2014, 07:02 PM
Sorry about getting my wires crossed, defending transformers 4 on another forum!

I pretty much agree with anything involving DJ Marky Mark

turtlefanforever
01-14-2014, 07:03 PM
this might just be me being a traditionalist fanboy but the tmnt have been mostly naked for 30 years why do they need clothes now. what does that add to the concept? yeah it might help show off their individual personalitys but you know what else does that. good acting. I keep imagining some out of touch executives sitting around a table somewhere wondering how they can make the turtles more edgy and cool and buzzwords and finally one of them goes "oh I know clothes" its like that simpsons episode where they gave Malibu Stacy a new hat

I feel the same way. You identify by personality, lingo, and orange, blue, purple, red. It's all we needed. I'm with you. I'm willing to give it a chance, cause I have no choice but I'm with you

TurtleMikey
01-15-2014, 01:53 AM

Same reason that Superman and Batman no longer have trunks after, combined, over a century of having them.

slingtheory
01-15-2014, 02:51 AM
Same reason that Superman and Batman no longer have trunks after, combined, over a century of having them.

well that's really apples and oranges. superman and batman's underwear on the outside was a leftover from the time period when they were created. somebody decided that in this day and age the trunks were outdated and unnecessary and removed them. and beyond the fact that that's the way we're used to seeing them losing the trunks takes nothing away from the characters. the turtles wearing clothes on the other hand is like adding something unnecessary. what exactly does them being clothed add to the characters beyond making the designs busier and giving the cgi guys more to do. the turtles naked or otherwise would be the same characters so this whole thing seems like some executives superfluous idea of whats" cool". now that's not to say it won't look good in execution. the movies not going to suck because the guys wear clothes now( if it sucks it'll be for a whole bunch of other reasons.) all i'm saying is if they were the way we're used to seeing them it would be the exact same movie.

Shark_Blade
01-15-2014, 03:23 AM
this might just be me being a traditionalist fanboy but the tmnt have been mostly naked for 30 years why do they need clothes now. what does that add to the concept? yeah it might help show off their individual personalitys but you know what else does that. good acting. I keep imagining some out of touch executives sitting around a table somewhere wondering how they can make the turtles more edgy and cool and buzzwords and finally one of them goes "oh I know clothes" its like that simpsons episode where they gave Malibu Stacy a new hatThe turtles wear clothes? :o

I... don't know how to feel about it. I need to see how they look first. They better not look like reject models mess.

It might be good if their clothed this time too.. they can be around Miyamoto Usagi without feeling too awkward.

http://i.imgur.com/YWZZjlb.jpg

FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza
01-15-2014, 03:44 AM
http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w473/Ryan_Comstock-McMurry/NinjaTurtles_zps6be4b6fd.jpg

http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w473/Ryan_Comstock-McMurry/l_103060_8e744bd1_zps432584a3.jpg
"BLaaggh! Where do 'day come up with this stuff?!"

chrisdude
01-15-2014, 04:00 AM
Ha! Because, you know what? If the turtles walked around in trenchcoats, with their face, legs and hands exposed, people would complain about that too. It's the same disguise. People are just way more critical, these days, about things not being realistic.

These filmmakers probably asked themselves, "Why are these the only teenagers in the world who don't seek to distinguish themselves and look unigue? Why would being a turtle stop them from wearing clothes? It doesn't make sense. It looks silly." And I think that'd be right.

halperin
01-15-2014, 10:56 AM
i wonder how much social media and the ease of information being passed around affects the flim production. when scripts or photos get leaked and fans are outraged. mayhbe that changes their minds sometimes

Candy Kappa
01-15-2014, 12:32 PM
http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w473/Ryan_Comstock-McMurry/NinjaTurtles_zps6be4b6fd.jpg

http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w473/Ryan_Comstock-McMurry/l_103060_8e744bd1_zps432584a3.jpg
"BLaaggh! Where do 'day come up with this stuff?!"

New Raph's head looks extremely proportionate to his body it looks hilarious. I really hope it's just a goofy effect for his "disuse" and they look better without the trench coat and accessories.

01-15-2014, 04:03 PM
haha it looks more obvious.
I mean, yea it's the same disguise... as ridiculous as it is... but yea.
The head is really small and he kinda looks like The Penguin lol

turtlefanforever
01-15-2014, 04:24 PM
haha it looks more obvious.
I mean, yea it's the same disguise... as ridiculous as it is... but yea.
The head is really small and he kinda looks like the penguin lol

I like the original obvious one better, like you know who It is, you grew up like that, it's kinda his charm.

Shark_Blade
01-15-2014, 10:50 PM
I laid down on my bed what felt like hours staring at the ceiling, deep in my thoughts. It's uncommon for me to have trouble sleeping, and yet here I was thinking about the turtles wearing human clothes. :tconfuse:

I never liked them wearing unnecessary gimmick gear. For a segment or special occasions, sure. But as a default? No.

They're ninjas, surely they should inhibit a discipline lifestyle? Is this Splinter too lenient with his pupils? A unified uniform of sort for the boys would be nice but from the description it sounds like a circus mess.

Leo as a samurai, Raph with a loincloth, Don with his techy gear and footwear, and Mikey as a pimp gangsta.

I can't help but worry. :tsad:

http://i.imgur.com/L7x0wSC.gif

turtlefanforever
01-15-2014, 11:12 PM
I laid down on my bed what felt like hours staring at the ceiling, deep in my thoughts. It's uncommon for me to have trouble sleeping, and yet here I was thinking about the turtles wearing human clothes. :tconfuse:

I never liked them wearing unnecessary gimmick gear. For a segment or special occasions, sure. But as a default? No.

They're ninjas, surely they should inhibit a discipline lifestyle? Is this Splinter too lenient with his pupils? A unified uniform of sort for the boys would be nice but from the description it sounds like a circus mess.

Leo as a samurai, Raph with a loincloth, Don with his techy gear and footwear, and Mikey as a pimp gangsta.

Could not have said it better

chrisdude
01-16-2014, 03:43 AM
People don't have to like it, but I don't see how Mikey wearing a puka shell necklace, pants, and hoodie tied around the waist is so darned offensive. Multiple people have interpreted that as him looking like some kind of hoodlum. He sounds like a kid from Boy Meets World.

allie300
01-16-2014, 07:09 AM
The idea of clothing just seems superfluous to me the turtles have never needed clothes to get their individual personalities across so why start now?I'm trying to be open minded about this film but so far all the available information I've read about it and the odd casting decision's doesn't add up to a ninja turtles movie that I will enjoy.

The Stryker
01-16-2014, 07:28 AM

Oh my god.

What the f*ck about Mikey's description is giving you idiots the impression that he's going to be a 'gangsta'?

PUKA SHELL NECKLACES ARE NOT WORN BY RAPPERS AND PIMPS! I'm starting to get offended by this racist bullsh*t that wearing a necklace of any sort means you're a urban hippity-hoppity doggie dawg.

Also, you're seriously laying in bed worrying about a goddamn movie? Get a life, man. For real.

NYShell
01-16-2014, 03:19 PM

This right here.

turtlefanforever
01-16-2014, 03:28 PM
This right here.

Form them to be wearing clothes and still have the trench coat look when out in public. And if I'm watching a right scene I don't wanna have Mikey thrown through the air and all I can see is an I love pink logo

Powder
01-16-2014, 03:44 PM
The trench coat is a disguise, how are there people who don't understand that?

& I doubt Mickey is gonna be in this movie.

Jester
01-16-2014, 03:48 PM
Hey, man, Dora is in it. Why not Mickey Mouse?

turtlefanforever
01-16-2014, 03:59 PM
The trench coat is a disguise, how are there people who don't understand that?

& I doubt Mickey is gonna be in this movie.

Jerez man, I'm saying its ridiculously that they are layering up like that. If you're gonna have clothes let that be your disguise, even the simplest of people would understand what I was saying.

Powder
01-16-2014, 04:01 PM
They don't need to wear a disguise in the lair. And if they don't wear their clothes under the disguise, they'll be nude when they reach their destination.

turtlefanforever
01-16-2014, 04:04 PM
They don't need to wear a disguise in the lair. And if they don't wear their clothes under the disguise, they'll be nude when they reach their destination.

Why is it a problem now?

chrisdude
01-16-2014, 04:24 PM
Because intelligent beings clothe themselves?

I mean, I don't see how one could argue against them wearing clothes. In what way is that concept at all unreasonable?

The Stryker
01-16-2014, 04:33 PM
Why is it a problem now?

Maybe some people are tired of seeing the same exact thing for decades at a time? CRAZY CONCEPT I KNOW.

01-16-2014, 04:56 PM
I wonder if they will wear custom clothes, since I'm sure it's damn near impossible to find a decent shirt or jeans that fit over a shell.

Also...
I keep thinking of these guys when I hear about them wearing clothes
http://www.thatchickensite.com/letters/streetsharks/ss1-022.jpg

turtlefanforever
01-16-2014, 04:56 PM
Because intelligent beings clothe themselves?

I mean, I don't see how one could argue against them wearing clothes. In what way is that concept at all unreasonable?

Pornstars don't wear clothes and they make freaking millions for like an hour of work.

turtlefanforever
01-16-2014, 04:59 PM
Maybe some people are tired of seeing the same exact thing for decades at a time? CRAZY CONCEPT I KNOW.

"Oh you know that concept, look, good dialog and story board every grew up loving and made us a lot of money? Well let's just take it and completely mess it all up and produce a lot of it. Quantity not quality."

NinjaPug
01-16-2014, 05:01 PM
If you're going to continue posting as much as you do, please follow the rules and learn to use the multi quote function.

chrisdude
01-16-2014, 05:10 PM
Pornstars don't wear clothes and they make f*****g millions for like an hour of work.That is both stupid and incorrect.

turtlefanforever
01-16-2014, 05:22 PM
Does the idea of loin cloth really scream raph to you? Like seriously how is that him even expressing himself as an individual? Like I get Mikeys chain and sweatshirt trying to be a cool laid back teenager, I get Leo's Samaria Even though ninjas were trained and made specifically to kill Samarai's but I guess that can be forgiven, and I get the tech savey don. But can you seriously explain how that expresses raph? How is that a nice twist? I want some valid reasons.

Powder
01-16-2014, 05:44 PM
You're the one throwing a fit at every opportunity because things don't match up with your childhood fancies. People would be happy to get along with you if you weren't constantly bashing the Nick series.

chrisdude
01-16-2014, 05:46 PM
Does the idea of loin cloth really scream raph to you? Like seriously how is that him even expressing himself as an individual? Like I get Mikeys chain and sweatshirt trying to be a cool laid back teenager, I get Leo's Samaria Even though ninjas were trained and made specifically to kill Samarai's but I guess that can be forgiven, and I get the tech savey don. But can you seriously explain how that expresses raph? How is that a nice twist? I want some valid reasons.Samurai. Wore. Loincloths.

http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121125224947/tmnt2012series/images/5/50/Mikey_barain_explosion_pizza_tmnt_2012.gif

NYShell
01-16-2014, 06:39 PM
Also, you're seriously laying in bed worrying about a goddamn movie? Get a life, man. For real.

You're telling him to get a life? You have 10,000+ posts on a Ninja Turtles forum. Leave him alone. Get real, man.

turtlefanforever
01-16-2014, 06:52 PM
You're telling him to get a life? You have 10,000+ posts on a Ninja Turtles forum. Leave him alone. Get real, man.

Nothing but respect here man.

turtlefanforever
01-16-2014, 07:00 PM
Samurai. Wore. Loincloths.
Samurai and ninjas are total opposites. They are literally enmities. Ninja were created to defeat the Samurai, and that doesn't explain how that expresses Ralph at all. Explain it. That's not an explanation there's a logical explanation for everyone besides him. Seriously give me some reasons and explain, you're not saying anything.
http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121125224947/tmnt2012series/images/5/50/Mikey_barain_explosion_pizza_tmnt_2012.gif

You're the one throwing a fit at every opportunity because things don't match up with your childhood fancies. People would be happy to get along with you if you weren't constantly bashing the Nick series.

I'm not though, you're the ones that have the problem cause someone see's how crappy that show is. I asked a question on one thread which no one even answered you proclaimed "defending your show" so when you say how much better your show is or how crappy aspects of the original and 2k3 series are then I'll just defend mine. You wanna get along then don't bash others yourself. It's done with. Just move on everyone

Sabacooza
01-16-2014, 07:54 PM
You're the ones that have the problem cause someone see's how crappy that show is. And yet there you go again with the bashing.

The Stryker
01-16-2014, 08:05 PM

I spend maybe 5 minutes a day on this site. I don't know about you but typing up a post takes me 10 seconds. I'm hardly sitting here for hours at a time.

I'm definitely not losing sleep and worrying about Ninja Turtles having pants.

turtlefanforever
01-16-2014, 08:22 PM
I spend maybe 5 minutes a day on this site. I don't know about you but typing up a post takes me 10 seconds. I'm hardly sitting here for hours at a time.

So what if he loves the franchise and thinks about it a lot. He's not the only one. There's others like him, he won't be the last. Don't need to tell him to get a life man.

NYShell
01-16-2014, 08:55 PM

Sure you do.

Whatever you feel about it, you shouldn't put him down, put yourself above him or talk to him like that.

turtlefanforever
01-16-2014, 09:21 PM
Sure you do.

Whatever you feel about it, you shouldn't put him down, put yourself above him or talk to him like that.

Got nothing but love for ya man. No being should be held in higher content than another, man or animal. We all bleed, we all breath, just be peaceful.

TMNTChris1980
01-16-2014, 09:23 PM
If Raph wears a loin cloth, does that mean we have potential for full frontal turtle nudity?:lol:

BabyTurtles
01-16-2014, 09:38 PM
If Raph wears a loin cloth, does that mean we have potential for full frontal turtle nudity?:lol:

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7e0g1TMT01raoyqxo1_500.gif

noo~ I don't think so XD

I mean Mikey is only wearing a hoodie around his waist XD that wouldn't cover up much.

ProactiveMan
01-16-2014, 09:53 PM
I guess we don't really know at this point exactly what the characterisation/personality of Raph will be like in the movie. Maybe he is a loincloth guy. I wouldn't have thought he would be a gruff talking hard-ass before I saw the first movie. I'm sure people who were familiar with the comics at the time were surprised that he was a wise-cracking jokester in the animated series.

More on loincloths - I think it must have be a recent character design trend. The loinclothening... or something.

Check out the evolution of the character designs in the Mortal Kombat games. In the beginning, there were a few loincloths; in the later games, everyone had one, and they were getting longer and longer. They scaled back a bit on MK9 I think. Someone should prepare MK loincloth chart (not me, I'm bored enough already).

ironman29758
01-17-2014, 11:09 AM
I guess we don't really know at this point exactly what the characterisation/personality of Raph will be like in the movie. Maybe he is a loincloth guy. I wouldn't have thought he would be a gruff talking hard-ass before I saw the first movie. I'm sure people who were familiar with the comics at the time were surprised that he was a wise-cracking jokester in the animated series.

More on loincloths - I think it must have be a recent character design trend. The loinclothening... or something.

Check out the evolution of the character designs in the Mortal Kombat games. In the beginning, there were a few loincloths; in the later games, everyone had one, and they were getting longer and longer. They scaled back a bit on MK9 I think. Someone should prepare MK loincloth chart (not me, I'm bored enough already).

well said man.

Anton Chigurh
01-18-2014, 11:04 AM
Hey guys first post here(gotta start somewhere lol).
But in my opinion I agree with each having there own style with no real practical reasoning. And the reason would be they are 4 teens that grew up in the sewers with outside of their "teacher/father" there only influence is magazines and possibly TV which is nothing but pop culture and each one picks up what they think is "cool". IMHO it makes since.

turtlefanforever
01-18-2014, 11:21 AM

Annoying we never got a shoalin monks 2

gutterpunk13
01-18-2014, 12:06 PM
I can't help but think of this when I read the discriptions..

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6216&stc=1&d=1390071825

If I remember correctly I had a Leo that was decked out in samurai gear..