PDA

View Full Version : How did you feel about April and Casey's relationship?

TMNTFan9000
01-03-2014, 07:32 AM
So not many people have been talking about this show since the Nick one premiered but I decided to get some discussion going again. So my question is how did you guys feel about April and Casey's relationship? How they grew as friends, how they interacted, how they fell in love etc. Me I really enjoyed it. The two balanced each other well and their polar opposite personalities as characters lead to some good and funny interactions but when the two were aloud to express genuine love and emotion you can tell they both had a soft spot for each other even before they dated and when they did get together it didn't really take much from them as characters and while I'm not sure how most people's thoughts on the final episode with their wedding is I still liked it and I thought it gave nice closure to the series before Turtles Forever came out. Granted I know that wasn't the intention because there was meant to be another season with the three Shredders fighting but that never happened. So yeah I liked the relationship. Do you agree or disagree? If either that's fine just voice your opinion in the comments section below.

TheSkeletonMan939
01-03-2014, 07:36 AM
I think it was really interesting how, in the one year the turtles were gone between FF and BttS, April and Casey got more involved in their relationship than ever. Had the show gone on longer I'd have liked to see the turtles observe this and resolve to keep their distance.

Shiro Kame
01-24-2014, 08:19 AM
I liked it. Their polar opposites is why they worked so well.

shuriken
02-02-2014, 11:44 AM
It was nice to see without it feeling too forced (like in the first movie as much as I like it).

Whatswiththeheadbands?
02-02-2014, 12:58 PM
I liked it. It felt very good without being forced.

Icebot
02-03-2014, 03:58 PM
I'm a fan of Cody and since Cody never would have been born if they hadn't got married, I loved their relationship.

Shark_Blade
02-03-2014, 04:54 PM
They're just there but I don't feel anything for them. Maybe cause this Casey's an idiotic cliche jock, sadly.

CyberCubed
02-03-2014, 06:57 PM
They're just there but I don't feel anything for them.

Same. It was just there. Nothing really about it was memorable or even interesting.

Leofan26
02-03-2014, 07:50 PM
It was fine, I got used to it.

TheBlueTurtle1
02-06-2014, 01:32 AM
You saw it coming from the first time we saw they together. I think the wedding made a good final episode!

Huzzah
02-24-2014, 06:55 PM
I've never really been a Casey/April fan, nor an adamant basher of the relationship...frankly I just was indifferent to it...plus I miss not having a way to introduce Shadow Jones to the series...

NiNi
02-25-2014, 09:37 AM
Granted I knew it was going to happen - it was alright I suppose. I mean some of the hintings throughout the series was cute at times. But other than that, there wasn't really anything that stood out for me as a couple for the series.

ABrown
02-25-2014, 02:41 PM
I really liked the way that April and Casey's relationship was handled during the first five seasons. But during the Back To The Sewer episodes, it seemed a little cheesy. However, I think that was due to the show still being a little lighter from the Fast Forward episodes.

kolaida
03-14-2014, 07:16 PM
I guess I'm just used to April and Casey being together so I didn't really think about it too much. Actually, I haven't really thought about it much at all, it's just one of those things that I feel is usually there (though if they changed it up a bit, I wouldn't get horribly mad or anything). It's just there.

Interesting, though, that someone noticed they got closer when the turtles were gone. I wonder if the turtles would have taken note of that if it'd gone on longer. I'm sure at some point, they might have.

MsMarvelDuckie
03-14-2014, 10:50 PM
I've always liked it, then again, my first exposure to April/Casey was the first movie, so it's always been a part of the TMNT universe to me. I expected it, and enjoyed it as something that was simply part of that world, a natural part of those characters. And in the series, it developed just as one might expect a relationship to do.