01-09-2014, 01:44 PM
i bought this soft head Don off ebay for 3.00 i want to try to repair him

Powder
01-09-2014, 02:02 PM
No. The peg is broken clean off.

go_ninja84
01-09-2014, 02:09 PM
No. The peg is broken clean off.
i have another arm to put in but getting the peg out and new arm in is the hard part

Gooseatello
01-09-2014, 02:50 PM
you can boil the figure to soften the plastic. It makes it easier to get them in and out. The part that is broken in the figure may need to be drilled out. Also boiling the figure could discolor it a little. I am no expert just something I read/tried once.

Zachatello00
01-09-2014, 02:58 PM
remove one of the legs and the peg should fall out. You can then either glue the peg back on, or put a new arm in. Either way, use a hair dryer to soften the plastic on the arm peg. It'll take some skill, but you can do it. Where there's a will, there's a way.

Discogod
01-09-2014, 03:12 PM
It's damn near impossible to replace the arm without cracking the figure open, trust me on this. Luckily those old figures come apart fairly easily, just soak the figure in very hot water for a couple of minutes, pop the legs off, then use a wide, flat screwdriver to pop the 2 halves apart. Then you can replace the arm with a donor.

You could even fix the broken arm, either by gluing the peg back on, then drilling a metal rod down through as reinforcement, or by using a similar-sized screw that's glued into the arm where the peg was.

Andrew NDB
01-09-2014, 03:24 PM
Best to put him out of his misery.

http://ak6.picdn.net/shutterstock/videos/5103890/preview/stock-footage-steel-workers-are-silhouetted-in-front-of-glowing-red-molten-metal-while-working-in-the-mill.jpg

madyankees
01-09-2014, 06:28 PM
If you are just gonna display him AND willing to lose the articulation for that shoulder then I recommend u glue it back with 2 part epoxy. The surface on the peg is too small on its own but the whole joint surface may do the trick.
But for 3 bucks. Why not just use it for custom fodder?

go_ninja84
01-10-2014, 06:10 PM
thanks for the info guys. i got it fixed using a spare arm from a broken Don with storage shell figure. using my dremel i flattened the peg to look like the old one. using the dremel with a different bit i widened the peg hole on Dons body, then after soaking both in hot water it popped on even swapped wrists and i put him in the freezer for 10 minutes. doesen't look perfect but i didnt have to pop the figure open, i even glued the peg back on old arm lol