PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions / Help

sqix
01-10-2014, 10:32 PM
I want to do a re-paint of the new Baxter Stockman. I want to do the body in a metallic silver with red highlights in certain spots. This would be my first project and could use some helpful advice.

Should I take the figure apart?

What type of paint should I use? I seen a lot of places say acrylic but then I saw some that said not to use acrylic.

Any help would be great.

Discogod
01-11-2014, 03:33 AM
You don't have to disassemble the figure, but it'll make things easier. You will need to give the figure a good scrub in warm soapy water to get any mould release off though, otherwise paint won't stick.

Acrylics are the paints to use - NEVER use enamels, they can react with the plastic, staying permanently tacky and essentially ruining the figure. Personally, I'd go with a silver spray paint to get a smooth, even coat, then Tamiya clear red for the highlights.

Your best bet is to check out the custom tutorials over at Figure Realm & The Fwoosh - they'll give you a good idea of how to get started & basic techniques.

sqix
01-17-2014, 04:58 PM
I so failed at this. :-/

But not going to give up.

psychoandy
01-18-2014, 08:58 AM
Take pictures! Let us see what you did, so we can help you out in the future. :)