PDA

View Full Version : Any TMNT fan trying to force himself to watch the entire TMNTFF?

TurtleFan2012
01-22-2014, 01:15 PM
For some reason, I can't get myself to watch the entire 6th season. The only episodes I've seen are the ones that have Shredder, Baxter, Karai, and Bishop in it. I'm not a fan of the new villains. I like Cody and his love interest a little bit. You guys like the 6th season?

edit - Don't get me wrong, I like non-shredder villains, but something about the bad guys in the future leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Like, when I see them for the first time, I pray to myself they never show up again :ohwell:

CyberCubed
01-22-2014, 01:29 PM
I've watched the entire season at least 3 times. Outside of a few bad episodes, I had no problem with it.

Candy Kappa
01-22-2014, 01:51 PM
FF is okay, not great, but viewable. I do wish they had a second season in the future to finish the story lines they started.

turtlefanforever
01-22-2014, 02:02 PM
Clearly not the best of the series, but its no where near as bad as everyone says it is.

Bossa Nova
01-22-2014, 02:06 PM
I LOVE the 6th season, especially the second half. I admit though, the first time I watched it I was so put off by the changes it was difficult to get into. But after letting it rest in my mind for a few days I realized there were a lot of elements to it that stuck out at me that I really liked, so when I had the time I went back and rewatched it to give it another chance. Absolutely loved it and it's definitely one of my favorite TMNT arcs (though I do agree with Candy Kappa that I wish there was a 2nd season to go along with it).

Powder
01-22-2014, 03:04 PM
I've watched the entire season at least 3 times. Outside of a few bad episodes, I had no problem with it.

Likewise. I love FF.

turtlefanforever
01-22-2014, 03:17 PM
This series never got the treatment it deserved in DVDs. Never could get the full thing and now you'd have to download online or watch online or pay an arm and a leg to just buy one DVD with like 5 episodes on it.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
01-22-2014, 03:35 PM
I used to watch it AND the re-runs. it's a different tone from Seasons 1 to 5, but i liked it. Never really had a problem with it.

Powder
01-22-2014, 03:52 PM
This series never got the treatment it deserved in DVDs. Never could get the full thing and now you'd have to download online or watch online or pay an arm and a leg to just buy one DVD with like 5 episodes on it.

Try to stay on topic for once.

CyberCubed
01-22-2014, 03:54 PM
If the animation for FF was exactly the same as the original seasons and if, "it's ninja time!" didn't exist I bet half the complaints would be gone.

Granted I didn't like Triple Threat, but the other villains were alright with me.

turtlefanforever
01-22-2014, 04:00 PM
Try to stay on topic for once.

I'm just saying its a shame they never got a proper release and I already stated I had no issues with FF. Just wish season 2 was made with the space utroms

Cipher
01-22-2014, 04:17 PM
Fast Forward isn't ground-breaking or anything, but it's fun and introduces a number of surprisingly good concepts. It's easily the best of the final three 4Kids seasons, and I do wish it had gotten its own second season as originally planned. Ultimately, it's a chapter of TMNT I'd rather exist than not.

Also, I think it has a great rogues gallery, but your mileage may vary. Sh'Okanabo, Darius, Viral, Zukko, Zixx, and the Dark Turtles are all keepers. Even Jammerhead has a good appearance or two.

TheSkeletonMan939
01-22-2014, 04:21 PM
I forced myself to watch the last episode and the collector one.

CyberCubed
01-22-2014, 04:23 PM
I also see Dark Leo as 4kids version of Slash.

Blossombrooks
01-22-2014, 05:01 PM
I don't love ff but I didn't have to force myself to watch them either, they were still enjoyable I personally just preferred the previous seasons.
Some episodes I liked a lot, others were just ok but there were a lot of good characters. i think the villains prob did have the edge on the good guys here in terms of holding my interest.

Technogeek29
01-22-2014, 07:13 PM
Any episode with Viral & Sh'okonabu are my preferred episodes of the season. but the others are also good as well I can easily watch it and find myself re-watching it then Back to the Sewers where the whole season kind od turns me off.

ObiWanFan4life
01-22-2014, 07:36 PM
Coincidentally, like with Buffy The Vampire Slayer' s Sixth Season, I watched it on TV, was put off by the changes in tone, and didn't remember much about it. But, also like Buffy Season 6, I forced myself to re-watch the episodes, and found it to be alright.

snake
01-22-2014, 08:37 PM
I liked FF beuase I liked the sci-fi angel it took. Not the best season and not the worst.

MikeandRaph87
01-22-2014, 08:41 PM
Fastforward may not be a strong chapter in the 2002-2009 timeframe but its not bad. There were a few blah episodes but there were a few before that as well. There were a few good ones as well. I enjoyed it for what it was. It would have been nice for the Darius Dunn plotline to fully resolve. The fallout occured but he was not exposed,atleast not on screen. If you want to fastforward past this season be my guest but there are worse things in the TMNT multiverse.

Shark_Blade
01-22-2014, 09:12 PM
I dislike the theme song but I absolutely love the instrumental version! Maybe their vocals just doesn't do it for me.

As for the show... not anytime soon. I dislike that future April's kid (or is it grandson?).

pannoni1
01-22-2014, 09:42 PM
I watched the entire FF several years after the fact and noticed a distinguish mix in quality, with some delivering on the change of scenery with new villains with ultramodern powers that has the fun of sci-fi, others that were okay but basically 21st century animated b-movies, and then some (I've made a list somewhere about the episodes to avoid on this board) in which I would start daydreaming about more excitement. I felt more sleepy with the Ninja Tribunal arc.

Shiro Kame
01-22-2014, 09:55 PM
I liked it. It might not have been as serious as the first 5, but I still enjoyed it. Especially the Dark Turtles episodes.

blindturtle02
01-22-2014, 10:25 PM
I watched it as it aired and also got the DVDs when they came out. Think I've watched it twice since then. Aside from the Tripple Threat and one out of two Jammerhead episodes, it wasn't that bad. I would have loved to see more stories about the dark turtles and Darius. I was convinced for the longest time that Dun was actually Savanti in disguise since David Zen Mansley provided the voices for both characters and sounded quite a bit similar to the Romero character when delivering his Dun performance. Ah well. Also loved the Viral and Sh'Okanabo eps.

nimajneb
01-23-2014, 05:08 AM
In the UK we didn't get any of the FF or back to the sewers so... I watched every ep of 2k3 TMNT from beginning to end on youtube.
I'm glad i watched it for the nods to present day turtles but its all so very forgettable.

EDIT:
That's not to say i didn't enjoy it, but i've revisited the first few series multiple times, not this one though.

Blossombrooks
01-23-2014, 05:24 AM
In the UK we didn't get any of the FF or back to the sewers so... I watched every ep of 2k3 TMNT from beginning to end on youtube.
I'm glad i watched it for the nods to present day turtles but its all so very forgettable.

Actually we did get both series, I watched them at the time. Think they were shown on CITV? We didn't get the Ninja Tribunal season at all (think the US got it after the effect) but I watched those online.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
01-23-2014, 05:29 AM

I did, and i even got the reruns as well (all 4 million of them:lol:)

Breadcrab
01-24-2014, 02:16 AM
I dislike the theme song but I absolutely love the instrumental version! Maybe their vocals just doesn't do it for me.

As for the show... not anytime soon. I dislike that future April's kid (or is it grandson?).

I know, right? I find the instrumental version very relaxing and pleasant to listen to. With the obnoxious lyrics gone, you can appreciate all the little details like the guitar riffs, etc.

Anyways, I think I stated it before, but I enjoyed Fast Forward for what it was. It's certainly a missed opportunity when compared to animated sci-fi series' that really make the most of their future concept (I must once again salivate over Batman Beyond), but considering the whole thing was a cynical attempt to sell toys, I'm glad it even turned out as decent as it is.

I actually find myself rewatching episodes from time to time. You can tell they actually put some effort into the plots, villains and action sequences. IMO, Back to the Sewer is significantly worse.

nimajneb
01-24-2014, 02:39 AM
Actually we did get both series, I watched them at the time. Think they were shown on CITV? We didn't get the Ninja Tribunal season at all (think the US got it after the effect) but I watched those online.

Not sure how i missed them then, I only ever had the 5 channels so i assumed it must have been a cartoon network jobby.

Thought CITV was just the early series but its good we got them still, the good old days when its was turtles then super robot monkey team hyper force go! on a Sunday morning!

Jester
01-24-2014, 03:51 AM
I recently finished both the FW and 4kids series. and had little problem with >>. I actually really liked most of it, like others have said the Triple Threat episodes and the collector episode are probably the hardest to sit through...oh and Clash of the Turtle Titans. I LOATHE episodes that make Mikey look like a Grade A jerk.

turtlefanforever
01-24-2014, 11:40 AM
I watched the entire FF several years after the fact and noticed a distinguish mix in quality, with some delivering on the change of scenery with new villains with ultramodern powers that has the fun of sci-fi, others that were okay but basically 21st century animated b-movies, and then some (I've made a list somewhere about the episodes to avoid on this board) in which I would start daydreaming about more excitement. I felt more sleepy with the Ninja Tribunal arc.

There's was a distinguished drop off in quality, but still worth a watch.

TMNTmousers
01-25-2014, 12:59 AM
Fast Forward is a great series, only problem is what happened to Darius Dunn.

MrPliggins
01-25-2014, 04:09 AM
I watched the series upon airing but haven't had the urge to watch it again since. I have the first half of the season on DVD only because I got it for "free" on swapadvd.com. I'm still on the waiting list for the second half season. Maybe once I get that I'll feel like watching it again.

From what I remember, I was bored most of the season but it started to get more interesting near the end.

ABrown
01-25-2014, 09:39 AM
The Fast Forward episodes actually aren't that bad if you give them a chance. The final season (the Back To the Sewer season) is easily the show's worst season.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
01-25-2014, 10:39 AM
The Fast Forward episodes actually aren't that bad if you give them a chance. The final season (the Back To the Sewer season) is easily the show's worst season.

Disagree. It's your opinion, but i thought they were about the same, to be honest.

tmntpower1988
01-25-2014, 11:49 AM
I didn't have to force myself to watch Fast Forward. I've watched it a couple of times and would have no problem watching it again. I know it's not as good as Seasons 1-5 but it's still ok. I like Back To The Sewer as well. The only TMNT episodes I had to force myself to watch were the 80s OT ones and Next Mutation of course.

I agree with this.

CyberCubed
01-25-2014, 11:59 AM
I think its just that the bad episodes stuck out more. The Triple Threat episodes were easily the worst of the season, (and there were 3 of them), and some episodes like the racing one and Collector episode could be dull.

But I thought every episode about Darius, Dark Turtles, and Shoko'nobo/Viral were great.

I also loved the Inuwashi Gunjin episodes, and some of the Jammerhead ones were fun too.

turtlefanforever
01-25-2014, 12:18 PM
Never had to force myself to watch anything within the franchise besides the new series. And never doin that again. It's clearly not as strong as the first 5 but nothing can follow ninja tribunal so it's forgivable. I liked it. The drop of in animation was clear but still enjoyable. And the second season had a lot of promise from what was out there, including a space utrom episode that I have mentioned before that would be great

VaughnMichael
01-25-2014, 03:52 PM
Loved Fast Forward, so I'd never have to force myself to watch it.

k_lala
01-27-2014, 07:52 PM
Fast Forward is kind of equivalent to Dragon Ball GT so there was a big drop off compared to the original series mostly because all the creative was different and it was just trying to milk out the series as much as possible. However I found GT to be a bit more exciting but kind of the same thing.

Vegeta
01-30-2014, 09:12 PM
Fast Forward is kind of equivalent to Dragon Ball GT so there was a big drop off compared to the original series mostly because all the creative was different and it was just trying to milk out the series as much as possible. However I found GT to be a bit more exciting but kind of the same thing.

I've never watched FF but GT was an abortion and should never be mentioned again ha. Seriously. Pan was the worst character ever, and goku and trunks were terrible in the series. I hope FF is nowhere near as bad as GT

turtlefanforever
01-30-2014, 09:34 PM
I've never watched FF but GT was an abortion and should never be mentioned again ha. Seriously. Pan was the worst character ever, and goku and trunks were terrible in the series. I hope FF is nowhere near as bad as GT

It's hard to follow the ninja tribunal though, like seriously anything after that is gonna be a let down! Haha that was just freakishly amazing. That being said the quality from animation aspect was the problem. And that spirit bomb at the end of GT was pretty cool.

Cipher
01-30-2014, 10:38 PM
Fast Forward is kind of equivalent to Dragon Ball GT
What? In that they're both constantly sh*t on by their fans but still distinctly enjoyable and only slightly below par in comparison to the previous material?

CyberCubed
01-30-2014, 11:50 PM
GT was terrible though.

Technogeek29
01-31-2014, 02:09 AM
What? In that they're both constantly sh*t on by their fans but still distinctly enjoyable and only slightly below par in comparison to the previous material?

GT was terrible though.

Meh I like that they were trying to bring the dragonballs back to being relevant again but it wasn't executed very well. And seriously Fast Forward just gets hate now because "everybody is doing it" most who watch it end up liking it.

tmntpower1988
01-31-2014, 04:00 PM
Fast Forward is definately better than GT. I thought GT was a bit depressing tbh Pan ruined it.

ObiWanFan4life
01-31-2014, 04:13 PM
I think GT's biggest problem was that it felt rushed. Where as Dragonball had 6 Seasons and Dragonball Z had 9 Seasons, GT only had 4. With better pacing and more episodes, it might not have had the reception it does now.

blindturtle02
01-31-2014, 06:03 PM
I think GT's biggest problem was that it felt rushed. Where as Dragonball had 6 Seasons and Dragonball Z had 9 Seasons, GT only had 4. With better pacing and more episodes, it might not have had the reception it does now.

I need to check out Dragonball and every other show in that series. Bh and I are way behind in our anime consumption.

Really wish we could have gotten to see Sirling heading back to the future. Also wanted to see The Shredder War hinted at briefly. Some of you fanfic authors need to get on that! lol

k_lala
01-31-2014, 07:35 PM

Yeah kinda. Btw i just found out recently GT wasn't even canon, I don't know why i didn't know that before. Glad I know now.

Demon Shredder
02-17-2014, 06:49 PM
Ello, ello, ello. What's all this then? I've gone back to watch Fast forward again thinking I was unfair to the series the first time around. A few episodes in and nope. The animation, new characters, dark tone replaced with a lighter typical cartoon mood, stripping away the turtles unique characteristic traits thus making them all Michelangelo clones, etc. It might be worse than what I remember. I am interested in watching Back to the Sewers. I only saw a couple episodes of that and while it had the same bad animation there was at least some familiarity.

Huzzah
02-24-2014, 07:53 PM
My biggest issue with the FF season, and the one thing that I held against it while watching (and enjoying) the series, was how Leonardo's shell magically healed. That was something that I really liked in the preceding series, the consistency of them showing the damage to Leo's shell through its entire (pre-FF) run.

Lou 500
03-01-2014, 05:16 PM
Such a boring series. The only ones that were a little more interesting was the one where they were taking care of Dark Leo while he was injured (prompting him to contemplate his morality) and the one where the turtles find a book that apparently reveals their futures.

CyberCubed
03-01-2014, 05:22 PM
Such a boring series. The only ones that were a little more interesting was the one where they were taking care of Dark Leo while he was injured (prompting him to contemplate his morality) and the one where the turtles find a book that apparently reveals their futures.

What was boring about it? Most episode plots felt on par with the show and fit in with stuff like the Nick show just fine.

NinjaMan
03-02-2014, 02:56 PM
I stopped watching this series midway through the Ninja Tribunal arc.

CyberCubed
03-02-2014, 03:09 PM

Your loss. I don't understand why people say this like they're proud of themselves.

ABrown
03-02-2014, 07:19 PM

Then you missed the better half of the season. The early episodes were a little boring, but it was worth it once they got back to New York. The ending of the Ninja Tribunal season could have been a very good place for the series to come to an end.

Turtle-X
03-22-2014, 03:29 AM
i liked FF. it was a nice change of pace and a breath of fresh air.

LeotheLateBloomer
03-22-2014, 09:22 AM
i liked FF. it was a nice change of pace and a breath of fresh air.

I agree. As for BttS, the only thing I didn't like was the turtles given pupils in the finale season. It was so utterly pointless and it looked so jarring throughout the entire season. Thank God they were gone when Turtles Forever came out.

Kanon
03-23-2014, 08:49 AM
I`ve just watched the entire Fast Forward season and I love it!
My favorite episode is no. 23 "DNA is thicker than water"

The only thing that bothers me is:
I thought: "There are only 3 episodes left to watch, so there will be a cool ending like in the other seasons."
But there wasn`t!!!!!
It felt like they skipped a hole season :tcry:

Coola Yagami
03-23-2014, 11:13 AM
Just didn't like it much. Only liked the Dark Turtles eps... and the final ep when they kill Sh'Okanabo. Oh and the journal ep for the sake of seeing the old characters again. Mainly the eps that had the old characters in it.

It was just lame and a desperate attempt to make the TMNT 'fresh and new' after they ran out of Mirage plots to adapt. It honestly should have been a 3 or maybe 5 part story.... but not a whole season.

The only reason I liked Back to the Sewers more is because it at least brought them back to the present, and I guess it was cool that they brought in Viral/Cyber Shredder so it wouldn't make Fast Forward a complete waste of time, but Serling should have stayed home. Thank god he wasn't in Turtles Forver.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
03-23-2014, 12:12 PM
I`ve just watched the entire Fast Forward season and I love it!
My favorite episode is no. 23 "DNA is thicker than water"

The only thing that bothers me is:
I thought: "There are only 3 episodes left to watch, so there will be a cool ending like in the other seasons."
But there wasn`t!!!!!
It felt like they skipped a hole season :tcry:

I think that was due to the fact that they were planning to 2 fast forward seasons, but due to the 2007 movie being released, they thought they would bring the turtles back to the present, sooner than they were hoping to.

turtlefanforever
03-23-2014, 02:00 PM
I feel it'll right some of the wrong people think about it. PLus I loved the plot idea's for the second season

CyberCubed
03-23-2014, 02:37 PM
Just didn't like it much. Only liked the Dark Turtles eps... and the final ep when they kill Sh'Okanabo. Oh and the journal ep for the sake of seeing the old characters again. Mainly the eps that had the old characters in it.

It was just lame and a desperate attempt to make the TMNT 'fresh and new' after they ran out of Mirage plots to adapt. It honestly should have been a 3 or maybe 5 part story.... but not a whole season.

The only reason I liked Back to the Sewers more is because it at least brought them back to the present, and I guess it was cool that they brought in Viral/Cyber Shredder so it wouldn't make Fast Forward a complete waste of time, but Serling should have stayed home. Thank god he wasn't in Turtles Forver.

I think the Inuwashi Gunjun episodes were great. Fantastic characters. Also loved some of the episodes where Darius tried to kill Cody.

FF does have some really great episodes.