PDA

View Full Version : There's another way they could have introduced a human shredder!

TurtleFan2012
01-23-2014, 10:03 AM
Do you guys find this idea cool?

In the future of "Fast Foward", Karai and Chaplin have a great grandson who becomes the 5th Shredder. The grandson, with the help of a futuristic version of the foot clan, plans to avenge his great grandfather by destroying his old enemies and take over the future world.

TheSkeletonMan939
01-23-2014, 10:17 AM
It could work. The problem is that I don't think the head writers of the show had a clear idea in their head over whether Karai was an ally of the turtles, or if she disliked them and called a truce. Sure, she was at the wedding, but, to quote Peter in one of his "Blast from the Past" blog posts, "And are the Turtles so friendly with Karai and Chaplin that they would invite them to the wedding? Somehow that doesn't seem right."

My point is that, would Karai and Chaplin really advertise the fact that they used to work for an extraterrestrial terrorist to their children? Wouldn't they stress how awful Ch'Rell was and how they shouldn't honor his legacy or whatever?

If there were to be a descendant of Shredder of FF who put on the armor, the writers would have to dedicate a lot of screen time to properly develop this character. The writing also would have to be serious and dark - two things FF lacks.

Candy Kappa
01-23-2014, 11:07 AM
depowered Oroku Saki claiming the mantle Ch'rell had created in the present time would have been a fun idea. He could even use the position of power to find artefacts of magical origin to regain his lost powers.

909 Turtle Fan
01-23-2014, 08:51 PM
Interesting idea, but I would rather have seen triceraton shredder.

pannoni1
01-24-2014, 06:17 AM
All it takes is betrayal to create future Shredders, so it can't seem to farfetched. But we had Cyber Shredder in BTTS who seems like a lost character that could have appeared in a second season of Fast Forward.

My best guess for a FF Shredder would have been extraterrestrial, since a story taking place in the future opens up the possibility of such fantasiesm in that the Utrom Shredder was banished to a far-off place and that the remanants of its powers could have resulted in the remainder of the Foot traveling off and looking for new resources in order to avenge the Turtles and their descendants.

ABrown
01-24-2014, 09:53 AM
Or they could've just made him a human and not even bothered with the whole utrom angle. He should've had Yukio Mashimi story.

Vivi
01-24-2014, 10:43 AM
It could work. The problem is that I don't think the head writers of the show had a clear idea in their head over whether Karai was an ally of the turtles, or if she disliked them and called a truce. Sure, she was at the wedding, but, to quote Peter in one of his "Blast from the Past" blog posts, "And are the Turtles so friendly with Karai and Chaplin that they would invite them to the wedding? Somehow that doesn't seem right.".
Yeah, as IF April & Casey would have okay'd that:P. Very obviously there to wrap up the series.

Really, though, wasn't it that anyone that wore the Shredder-demon gear had a connection to the Shredder? Would have been cool to see one of the Elite branch off and pick up the reigns.

utrommortu
01-24-2014, 03:12 PM
well that partly happened in Turtles Forever, didn't it? The human shredder from the 1987 series universe ported the 2003 Chrell to earth, and so on.

k_lala
02-13-2014, 01:25 PM
I'm going to pretend BTTS didn't happen. I would have loved to see Chre'lls reaction if he meet the original Oroku Saki. Meaning the writers and staff from the original seasons 1-5. (Peter L).

Shred87
02-16-2014, 12:12 PM
I guess it could have worked...i mean why not....the show lost me a little with multiple shredders. I would have preferred if there was just one shredder who was a utrom....it got a little crazy for me towards the end

Demon Shredder
02-17-2014, 05:58 PM
Also, to defeat Tengu Shredder Karai had to absorb some of his evil energy. That could have festered throughout generations of her family leading to a new Shredder.

mrminister4446
09-10-2014, 10:36 PM
Also, to defeat Tengu Shredder Karai had to absorb some of his evil energy. That could have festered throughout generations of her family leading to a new Shredder.

One thing I do not understand is: What happened to those powers? This could have easily become a plot for a different season where Karai slowly turns evil and/or gets to somehow use those powers. I did not like how she consumed the powers and that was it.

Netkeeper
09-11-2014, 02:59 AM
Neat fanfic idea. I'd read it.