PDA

View Full Version : Should the Justice Force have their own series?

TurtleFan2012
01-25-2014, 04:44 PM
The super heroes and villains in the 03 universe are interesting to watch even though they are parodies of well known comic book characters?

By the way, I wonder if they are aware that there are comic books based on their life? :o
They addressed this in the Bugman episode of the OT. Shouldn't they get half of the profit?

Candy Kappa
01-25-2014, 04:49 PM
They aren't fleshed enough characters to get a own series, maybe short back-up stories in comics. But most of the Justice Force don't really go deeper then the analogues they represents, and TMNT, at least not 2k3 TMNT isn't the best place of making deconstruction stories about superheroes.

I'm sure they get royalties in some way of merchandises. A similar thing was done in the pilot of the scrapped Wonder Woman show.

TheSkeletonMan939
01-25-2014, 04:55 PM
God no, unless they got rid of the goofier characters (like the dome-head family).

TurtleFan2012
01-25-2014, 05:00 PM
They aren't fleshed enough characters to get a own series, maybe short back-up stories in comics. But most of the Justice Force don't really go deeper then the analogues they represents, and TMNT, at least not 2k3 TMNT isn't the best place of making deconstruction stories about superheroes.

I'm sure they get royalties in some way of merchandises. A similar thing was done in the pilot of the scrapped Wonder Woman show.

Even though Silver Sentry is an obvious parody of Superman, I would have love to see his origin story. We don't know if he is human or not. I admit, they were a little bit on the cheesy side lol.

snake
01-25-2014, 05:17 PM
No

(tenchar)

TurtleFan2012
01-25-2014, 05:44 PM
By the way, does Dr. Malignus sound like John DiMaggio to anyone? I actually thought it was him at first. This VA sounds just like him.

ToTheNines
01-26-2014, 07:11 AM
This thread title literally almost made me throw up.

ObiWanFan4life
01-26-2014, 07:13 AM
ztVMib1T4T4

Whatswiththeheadbands?
01-26-2014, 07:52 AM
ztVMib1T4T4

Love ol' J.J

Yeah, i don't think that the justice force should get their own series.

Tazi
01-26-2014, 09:22 AM
Should the Justice Force have their own series?
Own series? I don't think they should ever appear again.

We already got three superheroes who are better then them. Casey Jones, Nobody, Radical. Maybe, they could do something with Silver Sentry in IDW later, if they give him a personality, but that's it. One masked hero with over the top superhuman powers would be an interesting addition, if he was done correctly, and has an interesthing idea behind him, but a whole JLA ripoff team, without originality... Thank you, but no.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
01-26-2014, 09:39 AM
Own series? I don't think they should ever appear again.

We already got three superheroes who are better then them. Casey Jones, Nobody, Radical. Maybe, they could do something with Silver Sentry in IDW later, if they give him a personality, but that's it. One masked hero with over the top superhuman powers would be an interesting addition, if he was done correctly, and has an interesthing idea behind him, but a whole JLA ripoff team, without originality... Thank you, but no.

I really liked Nobody. it would be quite cool if he appeared in the Nick series in some shape or form.

sdp
01-26-2014, 10:10 AM
It's hard to take the TMNT universe seriously when you have parodies of superheroes running around. Yes I understand TMNT started as a parody but it grew into something of its own and the 2k3 show was not a parody show which makes the Justice Force seem out of place.

CyberCubed
01-26-2014, 10:55 AM
Silver Sentry is black Superman without the character or backstory.

TurtleFan2012
01-26-2014, 12:00 PM
It's hard to take the TMNT universe seriously when you have parodies of superheroes running around. Yes I understand TMNT started as a parody but it grew into something of its own and the 2k3 show was not a parody show which makes the Justice Force seem out of place.

:lol: You guys have some points. I try not to question how Shredder was able to get away with his shenanigans in a city full of super heroes. I'll just pretend they were out of space at the time of his attacks.

MsMarvelDuckie
01-26-2014, 01:01 PM
IIRC, Silver Sentry DID have his own comic in the 2K3 show and so did the original Justice Force. (The ones who retired.) Mikey was shown reading issues of both in a couple of episodes- the comic issue that explained Bernice's fate (when her daughter was introduced) and there was a Silver Sentry issue in one of the Turtle Titan eps, I believe.

Actually, I'd like to see a separate series with at least SOME of the Justice Force- they'd actually make an interesting group on their own- though I'd add Radical and give some background and character to Tsunami and Chrysalis, neither of whom even really had speaking parts. We know absolutely nothing about them. Maybe they could have stories unrelated to the TMNT, which might make them more interesting on their own.

I agree with using Nobody in the Nick show, or better yet, stick him in IDW, where he would fit in very well. Nano could be a creation of the Fugitoid in that comic, or if he ever shows up in Nick, maybe he could be one of Baxter's creations. That could be fun to see.

Candy Kappa
01-26-2014, 04:25 PM

Archetypes, not parodies. The superheroes was blatant archetypes of the well known superheroes, parodies, not so much.

Powder
01-26-2014, 05:34 PM
To answer the question at hand- nononononoooooo.

Cure
01-26-2014, 07:12 PM
Jesus Christ, no.

Powder
01-26-2014, 08:56 PM
I honestly feel like they're some of the worst characters in the entire TMNT universe, alongside Mr. Ogg & those hillbillies from the OT. They're just so cheesey & pointless.

Brodie
01-26-2014, 08:57 PM
Do people understand that just because this is a forum, they don;t need to make up ridiculous topics to force discussions?

Coola Yagami
01-26-2014, 09:28 PM
We already had the Justice League cartoon for that.

Gonstead
01-27-2014, 12:43 AM
We already had the Justice League cartoon for that.

And FAR better than any of the JF characters will ever be.

CyberCubed
01-27-2014, 01:24 AM
It's too bad they couldn't have real crossovers with the Justice League instead. Reminds me of those Static Shock crossovers when Batman or Superman would appear on his show.

Too bad DC would never allow something like this with their characters though.

Coola Yagami
01-27-2014, 01:35 AM
It's too bad they couldn't have real crossovers with the Justice League instead. Reminds me of those Static Shock crossovers when Batman or Superman would appear on his show.

Too bad DC would never allow something like this with their characters though.

It would suck. The Justice Force, for whatever reason, are still so lame they can't do anything against Demon Shredder or Cyber Shredder... I assume to give the Turtles something to do. The real Justice League would have cleaned house and make you ask yourself 'why are the Turtles here again?'

BubblyShell22
01-27-2014, 08:21 AM
No, I wasn't a big fan of the Justice Force, and it was ridiculous that despite being superheroes, they weren't even able to take Cyber Shredder or Demon Shredder down at all. So, no, I wouldn't want to see them have their own series.

MsMarvelDuckie
01-27-2014, 08:48 PM
Well, to play devil's advocate here, the series was never ABOUT them, so of course the writers would have made it so that only the Turtles could take them down- after they got their nifty new chi powers and spirit avatars, of course! Without those new and powerful abilities, even THEY couldn't have taken down the Tengu Shredder. And the dome-headed girl in the Justice Force actually might have been able to stop Cyber Shredder- and maybe even put Splinter's data bits back together, too- if she'd actually been involved at all. I'm wondering why Donnie, at least, didn't ever enlist her aid in dealing with any of that! It was right in line with her powers! :trolleye::tgrumble::trazz:

utrommortu
01-28-2014, 09:01 AM
well, the Justice Force is just a copy of the Avengers...why would they want to make a lone-standing series of them? They could feature them in the Nick cartoon, but I personally find Super-heroes boring.

Jester
01-28-2014, 09:27 AM
well, the Justice Force is just a copy of the Avengers...
Justice League, man.