PDA

View Full Version : TMNT in the new LEGO Movie

CrazySquirrel
01-26-2014, 08:21 AM
In the trailer for the LEGO movie Mikey is featured as well as Batman and several other licenced characters! I am really excited for this movie and would be even with no TMNT in it. How much do you think we will see of the Turtles in it? Do you think they will couple the trailer for the new Turtles movie with it?

CyberCubed
01-26-2014, 09:53 AM
I'm pretty sure that its only Michelangelo and he'll only be in that one small scene.

Aaronardo
01-26-2014, 09:55 AM
I'm pretty sure that its only Michelangelo and he'll only be in that one small scene.

Ditto. Oh well, at least he'll have a speaking part. Hell, at least he got in. Not easy to compete with Batman and Abraham Lincoln.

CyberCubed
01-26-2014, 09:56 AM
Are there any Marvel or Star wars characters in the movie?

Aaronardo
01-26-2014, 10:04 AM
Are there any Marvel or Star wars characters in the movie?

Nope. That proves Disney sucks in every way possible.

DISNEY, Y U CLOSE TOONTOWN????

LivingMutagen
01-26-2014, 10:17 AM
Nope. That proves Disney sucks in every way possible.

DISNEY, Y U CLOSE TOONTOWN????

Actually, Luke Skywalker is in it

Source: http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-78821694/

turtlefanforever
01-26-2014, 11:03 AM
Because of the star studded cast.. I pretty much approve of anything Liam neeson. Will ferrel is in it as well. It's Gonna be a fun movie.

CrazySquirrel
01-26-2014, 11:17 AM
Im pretty sure Mikey has been shown in two commercials doing two different things. I dont really want it too spoiled anyway. ;)

turtlefanforever
01-26-2014, 12:07 PM
I think he's just for a small part. Do we know who's playing him?

Bob
01-26-2014, 12:22 PM
The LEGO Movie looks fantastic.

Aaronardo
01-26-2014, 01:29 PM
I think he's just for a small part. Do we know who's playing him?

Greg Cipes. (For those that don't know, he's the voice of Mikey in the Nick series)

TheSkeletonMan939
01-26-2014, 01:39 PM
Greg Cipes. (For those that don't know, he's the voice of Mikey in the Nick series)

Really? Mikey's got lines in the movie? Where's your source?

turtlefanforever
01-26-2014, 01:55 PM
He might have a decent part in this movie but i still think it'll be a couple one liners.

BabyTurtles
01-26-2014, 11:24 PM
lego Mikey has lines!?!?:teek:

Coola Yagami
01-27-2014, 12:14 AM
Wow, with so much going on, and I assume so many other camoes to cram in there, I'm surprised Mikey got any lines at all... and that he does more than just that random cameo. Kinda funny that Mikey is always the go-to Turtle whenever they don't want to use all 4 for a cameo, no matter which version.

BabyTurtles
01-27-2014, 08:55 AM
Wow, with so much going on, and I assume so many other camoes to cram in there, I'm surprised Mikey got any lines at all... and that he does more than just that random cameo. Kinda funny that Mikey is always the go-to Turtle whenever they don't want to use all 4 for a cameo, no matter which version.

why is he the go to turtle?? o_o you'd think Leo would be.

not that I'm complaining :) I wuv me some Mikey

Leo656
01-27-2014, 09:04 AM
Nah, sadly I don't think most people like Leo much. People think he's too bland. I've noticed it usually is Mikey they pick whenever they need a Turtle for a cross-over project.

Like this one... THE GREATEST OF ALL-TIME!!!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/90/Cartoon_All-Stars.jpghttp://3.bp.blogspot.com/-GO2I4J_0cp4/TWLmw8bbKwI/AAAAAAAAACc/ZuwuMtY24aw/s1600/michaelangelo.pnghttp://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm8fbeHPL91qzk2upo1_500.jpg

(In hindsight, it's hilarious to me that Mikey, the Turtle voted "Most Likely To Get Mistaken For Spicoli", would be the one they picked to extol the evils of marijuana in an anti-drug cartoon... :lol:)

sgtfbomb
01-27-2014, 09:50 AM
(In hindsight, it's hilarious to me that Mikey, the Turtle voted "Most Likely To Get Mistaken For Spicoli", would be the one they picked to extol the evils of marijuana in an anti-drug cartoon... :lol:)

Maybe instead of Mikey talking the kid out of it, the kid talked Mikey into it? :D

Leo656
01-27-2014, 10:03 AM
:lol:
"C'mon, dude! You haven't lived until you've had sausage and marshmallow pizza with pistachio ice cream!"
"That... sounds disgusting."
"It won't in a minute!"

:lol:

Colonel Schrader
01-27-2014, 11:09 AM
I know the movie game will have over 90 playable characters.. I'm really hoping Mikey is one of them!

Refractive Reflections
01-27-2014, 11:27 AM
I know I'm gonna sound dumb here, but could someone elucidate on why transforming these superheroes into a LEGO version of themselves is so alluring? And creating a plot around being a LEGO derivative of themselves is enough to make a movie? I'm sorry but I'm trying to understand the enthusiasm here... :ohwell:

BabyTurtles
01-27-2014, 01:55 PM
I know I'm gonna sound dumb here, but could someone elucidate on why transforming these superheroes into a LEGO version of themselves is so alluring? And creating a plot around being a LEGO derivative of themselves is enough to make a movie? I'm sorry but I'm trying to understand the enthusiasm here... :ohwell:

because! we get to see all these characters interact! something they couldn't do because they each have their own distinct style in their own shows.

but now that they are all lego! you can have TMNT, Batman,...Abraham Lincoln!

all be in one epic movie!! because now they are in one style...LEGO *_*

also Legos are awesome XD

Shark_Blade
01-27-2014, 02:17 PM
Can't wait to see it. Greg Cipes is voicing Mikey (that's what I read on wiki)! :tsmile:

BabyTurtles
01-27-2014, 02:26 PM
Can't wait to see it. Greg Cipes is voicing Mikey (that's what I read on wiki)! :tsmile:

it does!??

guys....if Mikey seriously doesn't talk in the movie(even one line!)...I'm gonna cry....cause I keep hearing he will....

don't get my hopes up...T^T

Powder
01-27-2014, 03:30 PM

How could you come off as dumb when you use words like "elucidate"? :lol:

I feel you on that, though. I never saw the appeal in Lego versions of popular franchises. It's like "Here, have something really wack looking of your favorite characters! Limited movement! Weirdly shaped bodies! Satisfy your inner preschooler!"

TheSkeletonMan939
01-27-2014, 03:31 PM

So... you read it on Wikipedia. That's not real proof. Unless I see Cipes listed on an official cast list, or Cipes confirms it himself, I don't think Mikey has any lines.

Leofan26
01-27-2014, 04:06 PM
I'm not into Lego's though, Mikey's not really my favorite either, pish.

Coola Yagami
01-27-2014, 05:37 PM
Well it's gonna be like wreck it Ralph. It will be mostly about original characters and everyone else will randomly cameo. So it's not necessarily ABOUT watching the adventures of Lego versions of known characters. They're just the guest stars.

Refractive Reflections
01-27-2014, 11:43 PM
How could you come off as dumb when you use words like "elucidate"? :lol:

I feel you on that, though. I never saw the appeal in Lego versions of popular franchises. It's like "Here, have something really wack looking of your favorite characters! Limited movement! Weirdly shaped bodies! Satisfy your inner preschooler!"

:P, I don't know... **shrug**

I just feel so clueless and ignorant about what the hype is all about. In my viewpoint, having a LEGO movie makes as much sense as having a movie based off of Lincoln Logs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincoln_logs) or K'nex (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%27nex) building toys, while awkwardly inserting popular franchise characters into it.

...But hey if a writing team and movie staff can somehow miraculously pull it off in a movie, go for it I guess. :lol:

Leo656
01-27-2014, 11:51 PM
They managed to turn the Lego brand into a video game franchise worth billions of dollars, unlikely as that would have seemed just over a decade ago. And the Lego Batman movie did good business. They're just expanding their brand building off of what's already worked for them and taking it into logical new territory.

I'm not doing backflips over it, but it's not hard to figure out at all. I might not see it in theaters - although the wife wants to - but I'm sure I'll get the DVD eventually.

Refractive Reflections
01-28-2014, 12:18 AM
They managed to turn the Lego brand into a video game franchise worth billions of dollars, unlikely as that would have seemed just over a decade ago. And the Lego Batman movie did good business. They're just expanding their brand building off of what's already worked for them and taking it into logical new territory.

I'm not doing backflips over it, but it's not hard to figure out at all. I might not see it in theaters - although the wife wants to - but I'm sure I'll get the DVD eventually.

After looking at Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lego_Batman:_The_Movie_%E2%80%93_DC_Super_Heroes_U nite), soooo how does the "Lego" element significantly contribute to the plot exactly? :-?:lol:

From a business perspective, I don't blame the company and staff with so much profit potential, and it was very clever in pulling it off. I just don't understand what the lure was for fans themselves in continuing to financially encourage these Lego-derived versions of their cherished characters. **shrug** I guess any version is better than nothing at... all...? :-?

Leo656
01-28-2014, 12:21 AM
I'unno. "Stupid Fun", I guess. Simple Whimsy. Why does anybody like anything? I'm not saying it makes sense - I don't really know why I like the games, they're as basic as it gets - but apparently people like the concept enough to support it in all its forms.

But really, "Simple Whimsy" is all I got.

Zulithe
01-28-2014, 02:25 AM

There is a lot to love about LEGO. But I grew up building them so it all comes very natural when it's so ingrained in your childhood.

To me, the LEGO versions of these popular characters, rather it be TMNT, DC/Marvel, various movie characters or what-have-you are appealing because they are an abstraction. With TMNT for example you have so many different versions of the turtles. Different artistic styles in the comics, different animation styles in the shows, different live action styles, on and on... the LEGO versions though are a simplified yet iconic looking version that you can imagine is just about anything you want, yet they are still very definitely those characters. They encompass it all for me and I love that about them.

Also they are in perfect scale with other LEGO figures, playsets and bricks so you can bring them into those other worlds very easily and they fit in seemlessly. This is a big appeal.

And then you have the building aspect. You can build any of your favorite scenes or locations from the films, comics and shows. Basically, if you are a creative person and want to express yourself, LEGO is an excellent way to do it. You can draw the sewer lair, you could write a song about it... that's all awesome, but there's something very cool about creating it in physical form too.

So with the LEGO movie, this is all coming together. All of these great characters, there's something for everyone. All presented in the same LEGO style. It's just so cool to see it come together like this. Could you imagine a mishmash of such characters happening in any other way? It probably wouldn't work, but with what LEGO has done it's perfect.

All of this and more should be pretty obvious if you know anything about LEGO... if it still doesn't appeal to you, I hope you can at least appreciate why so many love it like they do.

Refractive Reflections
01-28-2014, 03:27 AM
There is a lot to love about LEGO. But I grew up building them so it all comes very natural when it's so ingrained in your childhood.

To me, the LEGO versions of these popular characters, rather it be TMNT, DC/Marvel, various movie characters or what-have-you are appealing because they are an abstraction. With TMNT for example you have so many different versions of the turtles. Different artistic styles in the comics, different animation styles in the shows, different live action styles, on and on... the LEGO versions though are a simplified yet iconic looking version that you can imagine is just about anything you want, yet they are still very definitely those characters. They encompass it all for me and I love that about them.

Also they are in perfect scale with other LEGO figures, playsets and bricks so you can bring them into those other worlds very easily and they fit in seemlessly. This is a big appeal.

And then you have the building aspect. You can build any of your favorite scenes or locations from the films, comics and shows. Basically, if you are a creative person and want to express yourself, LEGO is an excellent way to do it. You can draw the sewer lair, you could write a song about it... that's all awesome, but there's something very cool about creating it in physical form too.

So with the LEGO movie, this is all coming together. All of these great characters, there's something for everyone. All presented in the same LEGO style. It's just so cool to see it come together like this. Could you imagine a mishmash of such characters happening in any other way? It probably wouldn't work, but with what LEGO has done it's perfect.

All of this and more should be pretty obvious if you know anything about LEGO... if it still doesn't appeal to you, I hope you can at least appreciate why so many love it like they do.

Oh naturally... I get that aspect of wanting to build environments for TMNT and actually building and using the toys. (I used to play and own LEGOs myself.)

What I don't understand is the purpose of enjoying a movie revolving around a blocky, unrounded LEGO world, instead of having more "realistic" environments, so to speak. I mean, for me, I would prefer an additional animated version (without the LEGO style) of the Turtles/DC/Marvel characters (if we're going to have crossover characters) rather than having it "LEGO styled" visually. I just don't know how the "LEGO style" makes the movie so much more enthralling than if that aspect was completely removed. It makes the product placement advertising so blatant, past what The Wizard (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wizard_%28film%29) had in advertising for Nintendo. ...But I guess it's a movie of all tongue-and-cheek humor though... **shrug** Oh well...:ohwell:

From my perspective, the purpose of LEGOs was to create a physical manifestation of an imaginary world closest to whatever a child could come up with, in which it was restricted by cost, the amount/types of pieces, and the boxlike geometric designs of the individual LEGOs themselves. To keep these beloved movie/comic/cartoon characters restricted to such a visually constricting art form (in these LEGO movies), in my eyes, hampers the visual imaginative process of making the movie, and diminishes the rich, emotionally-filled environments and facial expressions that we normally associate with these beloved characters being immersed in, from within our own imaginations and from the characters' previous, non-LEGO styled films/shows.

Donatello19
01-28-2014, 04:05 AM
So it's not necessarily ABOUT watching the adventures of Lego versions of known characters. They're just the guest stars.

I'm pretty sure Batman's a main character, actually.

Zulithe
01-28-2014, 04:47 AM
What I don't understand is the purpose of enjoying a movie revolving around a blocky, unrounded LEGO world, instead of having more "realistic" environments, so to speak.
That's only been done countless times. Why not something that looks totally unlike any movie we've ever seen? This fits the bill.

LEGO is a quality product. You may see it as one big commercial (and to some extent it serves that purpose for The LEGO Group, sure), but I think most of us see it as a celebration of LEGO and what it represents. There are countless references to past, present and future LEGO properties in the film, they didn't have to do it that way when most kids today really don't care about 1980s Spacemen.

Let's take this clip (https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9VeUoVKiyhE) for example from the film. There is so much going on, so much to see, so much that it's saying about creativity and finding your own voice... and it looks stunning to me. If you don't like the aesthetic then I'm not interested in trying to change your mind. I do however think that disliking it is objectively wrong :) It's both fresh and a throwback (to stop-motion brick films that have been made by fans for decades), colorful, full of character and energy... I just love it.

I will leave you with this... a video about the history behind LEGO that I think really helps set the stage for this upcoming film. Maybe by familiarizing yourself with the ideals and struggles of those that made all of this possible it may help to humanize the company that you are intend to believe is just seeing $$$ signs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdDU_BBJW9Y

Candy Kappa
01-28-2014, 04:54 AM
And, Lego is one of the few that actually can feature a film with so many properties. Viacom, DC, Marvel/Disney and their own various Lego creations.

Zulithe
01-28-2014, 05:16 AM
Yup LEGO is in a unique and privileged position... They have The Simpsons, Superman, Spider-Man, Ninja Turtles, Star Wars, Pixar, classic Disney characters like Little Mermaid and Cinderella, Spongebob, Indiana Jones, Back To The Future, Minecraft, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings/Hobbit all on top of their own mega-popular themes such as Ninjago... what will they do next? :)

(not saying those all appear in the film. I have no idea)

Candy Kappa
01-28-2014, 05:28 AM
And the movie based sets are amazing. Pirate mech suit with time period cannons on one arm and a live shark on the other.

Refractive Reflections
01-28-2014, 12:30 PM
That's only been done countless times. Why not something that looks totally unlike any movie we've ever seen? This fits the bill.

LEGO is a quality product. You may see it as one big commercial (and to some extent it serves that purpose for The LEGO Group, sure), but I think most of us see it as a celebration of LEGO and what it represents. There are countless references to past, present and future LEGO properties in the film, they didn't have to do it that way when most kids today really don't care about 1980s Spacemen.

Let's take this clip (https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9VeUoVKiyhE) for example from the film. There is so much going on, so much to see, so much that it's saying about creativity and finding your own voice... and it looks stunning to me. If you don't like the aesthetic then I'm not interested in trying to change your mind. I do however think that disliking it is objectively wrong :) It's both fresh and a throwback (to stop-motion brick films that have been made by fans for decades), colorful, full of character and energy... I just love it.

I will leave you with this... a video about the history behind LEGO that I think really helps set the stage for this upcoming film. Maybe by familiarizing yourself with the ideals and struggles of those that made all of this possible it may help to humanize the company that you are intend to believe is just seeing $$$ signs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdDU_BBJW9Y

I have a feeling you would be in could nine if you could work for LEGO. ;):D

Anyways, although I understand the childhood lure of building with LEGOs, and may not grasp the movie and superhero insert aspects of it.... have fun Zulithe. :)

I'll stop being such a wet blanket. :lol:

LivingMutagen
01-28-2014, 01:07 PM
Main protagonists are Emmet, an ordinary guy but apparently is really important to saving the universe, Wyldstyle, the action girl character , Batman, Vitruvius, a mystic guy with a lolipop for a wand, Benny, a LEGO 1980s space guy, Uni-Kitty, a brick-built anime cat figure thing, and MetalBeard, a pirate captain who lost almost all his body parts in a past duel with the main villain, and replaced them with random, mostly pirate parts, into a mech. So, the protagonists are very varied.

CrazySquirrel
01-29-2014, 07:32 AM
The sense of humor in the cut scenes of the video games is good enough to sell me on qn hour and a half of it.LEGO Rock Band is my fav guitar based video game as well.

thejlb
01-29-2014, 11:53 AM
the way lego games have been set up I wouldn't be surprised if all 4 were in the game.

BabyTurtles
02-07-2014, 03:23 PM
I saw the moviiiee~

SPOILERS BELLOOWWW

sadly Mikey didn't speak.....BUT he was in quite a few scenes XD Just being Mikey~ smiling and ninja flipping when necessary, so enjoy the cameo~ also no Don, Raph, or Leo.....Mikey's the master builder~ I find that funny.

turtlefanforever
02-07-2014, 03:41 PM
I was just about to make This thread !! I'm going to see it tomorrow I'll let you know.

Aaronardo
02-07-2014, 04:01 PM
sadly Mikey didn't speak.

Dammit. Too short message, y u exist?

BabyTurtles
02-07-2014, 04:10 PM
Dammit. Too short message, y u exist?

well Mikey was still in it XD and he was shown more than I thought he would....(I thought he was just gonna be in that one scene in the trailer.....but he was in more)

Shark_Blade
02-07-2014, 07:38 PM
The spoiler tag is killing me. I won't click it but I want to. But I won't. My will is strong. I'm a strong independent turtle fan and I will not let measly spoiler ruin my movie enjoyment.

Anyway...
http://25.media.tumblr.com/07a65a68b8dbaca77b20c247f06de1ff/tumblr_n0ltaf2FBs1r07mdjo1_500.png
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_lego_movie/

THIS IS A HUGE DEAL.

FORGET ALL YOUR WORRIES. PREPARE YOUR BODY. AND TICKET MONEY.

raph27
02-07-2014, 07:48 PM
Just saw it.THE MOVIE IS FRICKING AMAZING.
but that's off topic. No Michael Bay trailer in front of it. :tgrumble:

samxsteal
02-07-2014, 07:56 PM
it really is a work of art MINUS the little kid sitting behind my wife and our two friend getting up and down and kick the chairs seriously parent control your kids.

Kurai
02-08-2014, 02:34 AM
I actually really want to see this. Michelangelo is probably the only turtle in the film, but this movie still looks a lot of fun.

Wouldn't it be funny if this movie with only one Lego Ninja Turtle in ends up being better than the actual Ninja Turtles movie coming out this year

Shark_Blade
02-09-2014, 01:00 AM
My eyes were on Mikey like all the time.. *_*

except during the detention area at the end, that was too quick! But the subtitle says "Cowabunga!" so I reckon he was cheering.

Overall, a good movie and great for the family. I had fun.

But I prefer RoboCop 2014 a lot more for the story and violence.

discordiatookie
02-09-2014, 01:14 AM
it really is a work of art MINUS the little kid sitting behind my wife and our two friend getting up and down and kick the chairs seriously parent control your kids.

Go see a kid's film, expect kids acting like kids in the cinema.

Wouldn't it be funny if this movie with only one Lego Ninja Turtle in ends up being better than the actual Ninja Turtles movie coming out this year

Y'know, chances are it will be the better movie...

Zulithe
02-09-2014, 01:35 AM
I do wish the TMNT had a bigger part, but tons of characters barely did anything. The Flash is in it for a few seconds, was hoping he'd be used more too.

While I think it's funny how they made Green Lantern "annoying" towards Superman, I don't get where that's coming from, I don't recall anything in the comics that could somehow be inspiring that. But it was amusing I guess.

Also Superman was really weaksauce, he could fly but that's about all he did. I know the movie doesn't have a lot of time to explore many of the non-core characters but he really went out like a b*tch.

And Batman was totally out of character, again I KNOW it is an exaggeration and all but I"m surprised Warner Bros let them take such big liberties with their characters which made them all seem very unheroic.

Ahem... But I don't want any of that to be misinterpreted as me not liking the movie or anything. I hope this is only the first of many, many LEGO movies in our future, because it really showed the potential for the format. Very fresh, entertaining movie that I think will become a real classic.

Warboss74
02-09-2014, 02:00 AM
I do wish the TMNT had a bigger part, but tons of characters barely did anything. The Flash is in it for a few seconds, was hoping he'd be used more too.

While I think it's funny how they made Green Lantern "annoying" towards Superman, I don't get where that's coming from, I don't recall anything in the comics that could somehow be inspiring that. But it was amusing I guess.

Also Superman was really weaksauce, he could fly but that's about all he did. I know the movie doesn't have a lot of time to explore many of the non-core characters but he really went out like a b*tch.

And Batman was totally out of character, again I KNOW it is an exaggeration and all but I"m surprised Warner Bros let them take such big liberties with their characters which made them all seem very unheroic.

Ahem... But I don't want any of that to be misinterpreted as me not liking the movie or anything. I hope this is only the first of many, many LEGO movies in our future, because it really showed the potential for the format. Very fresh, entertaining movie that I think will become a real classic.
The characters from other franchises weren't there to be played straight. Batman was portrayed that way to spoof/parody the dark and brooding heroes, which he's the poster boy especially with the Nolan trilogy. The Superman and Green Lantern relationship was likely more to do with the two actors playing them (Tatum and Hill) than playing it straight.

On the whole, the reveal in the final act has more to do with why the characters are the way they are in terms of the internal movie logic.

I'm not sure they'd be able to create a sequel that would make sense with the film. What big conflict(s) or theme(s) could they possibly touch on in a sequel? The reveal and it's implications make it hard to do anything with the "franchise".

Shark_Blade
02-09-2014, 02:03 AM
If toy story can churn out 3 movies and maybe more, so can Lego.

Warboss74
02-09-2014, 02:16 AM
If toy story can churn out 3 movies and maybe more, so can Lego.
There's a fundamental difference between the LEGO Movie and the Toy Story franchise, though. The reveal in the LEGO Movie makes it very difficult to do anything else within the world that was created, and have it carry any kind of impact. Toy Story was set up in a way where they can create new stories with those characters in that world.

Shark_Blade
02-09-2014, 02:24 AM
Of course they can create another story, why not? It's not like it's the end all be all of lego movie ever. It's profitable for them too, it'll be foolish to ignore the demands out there.

samxsteal
02-09-2014, 05:31 AM
Go see a kid's film, expect kids acting like kids in the cinema.

Y'know, chances are it will be the better movie...

yeah ok Cuz as a parent you should totally let your kids piss of multiple.people cuz hey they're kids. No I'm sorry patents control your kids i will do the same for mine. When i was younger i new not top kick the seat in front of me common sense

Warboss74
02-09-2014, 12:45 PM
Of course they can create another story, why not? It's not like it's the end all be all of lego movie ever. It's profitable for them too, it'll be foolish to ignore the demands out there.
Have you seen it yet?

TigerClaw
02-09-2014, 12:54 PM
Well, They are already planning a sequel, Warner Bros. announced a sequel days before the film came out.
http://www.thewrap.com/warner-bros-writer-jared-stern-already-working-sequel-lego-movie-exclusive/

And it's currently #1 at the box office with $69,110,000
http://boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/

Ninjinister
02-09-2014, 01:00 PM
Just saw it.THE MOVIE IS FRICKING AMAZING.
but that's off topic. No Michael Bay trailer in front of it. :tgrumble:

Why would Michael Bay get a trailer?

samxsteal
02-09-2014, 01:10 PM
The Ending is totally open ended and even leads to a second film Which has been confirmed to be green lit.

Miss your Post tigerclaw sorry

Yeah What tiger said lol

TigerClaw
02-09-2014, 01:13 PM
With a sequel now in the works, I wonder, if the makers of the Lego movie can work out a deal with Marvel, to get some of the Lego Marvel Superheroes be shown in the movie. Even though the movie had a couple of DC characters. They should include some of the Marvel ones too.

Warboss74
02-09-2014, 01:59 PM
I never said there wouldn't be a sequel because that's how these films work, but I don't believe the reveal allows you to do anything more with that specific universe that would mean anything.

Krutch
02-09-2014, 03:51 PM
I really enjoyed this movie :) Much more clever than it needed to be.

Shark_Blade
02-09-2014, 04:48 PM
Have you seen it yet?

If you re-read my posts then you would've known already...:roll:

And it has a sequel confirmed, HA!

Warboss74
02-09-2014, 06:16 PM
If you re-read my posts then you would've known already...:roll:

And it has a sequel confirmed, HA!
Well, I felt I needed to ask because you have failed to grasp my point so far. A point that I believe makes sense if someone had seen the LEGO Movie and the Toy Story films. With that said, my bad.

As to your second point, are you trying to be dense? Whether it gets a sequel or not wasn't my point. In my opinion, the reveal in the third act leaves no place in which they can take the characters and universe going forward because of how the universe was set up.

samxsteal
02-09-2014, 08:57 PM
With a sequel now in the works, I wonder, if the makers of the Lego movie can work out a deal with Marvel, to get some of the Lego Marvel Superheroes be shown in the movie. Even though the movie had a couple of DC characters. They should include some of the Marvel ones too.

That would be freaking awesome lol.

Shark_Blade
02-10-2014, 12:12 AM
Well, I felt I needed to ask because you have failed to grasp my point so far. A point that I believe makes sense if someone had seen the LEGO Movie and the Toy Story films. With that said, my bad.

As to your second point, are you trying to be dense? Whether it gets a sequel or not wasn't my point. In my opinion, the reveal in the third act leaves no place in which they can take the characters and universe going forward because of how the universe was set up.

Seems you're the one who's dense, trying to push your own point of view only.

"Oh no, there's no way they can make another story, it was all end all, kind of story. Everyone should shut up, only my point of view matters. I said it and it's final."

Guess what? The world doesn't revolve around you. Deal with it. ;) :tcool:

Lou 500
02-19-2014, 06:21 AM
I went to see it yesterday, it was very funny and clever. I just wish I hadn't gone during the school holidays.

ZariusTwo
02-19-2014, 03:54 PM
A sequel to this would be fine...just don't overfranchise it. The DC heroes didnt intrude on the story or the characters and concentrating principly on Batman as a sidekick was what kept it focused. Follow that formula with the other LEGO franchise properties...like maybe, Jack Sparrow or Indiana Jones, or as suggested, use someone from Marvel like Wolverine (or, if you fear that's too similar a role to Batman, try Spidey as Ethan's sidekick), but don't let sequels be an excuse to toss in big marquee franchise names as the drawing point. Let the original characters and worlds have a voice.

Coola Yagami
02-19-2014, 07:48 PM
The reveal did kinda kill it. It's hard to give a reason without giving it away. Unlike toy story where the characters... No. I can't even compare it to that without giving it away. He'll, mentioning Toy Story is already a pretty big clue.

ZariusTwo
02-20-2014, 07:06 AM
He'll, mentioning Toy Story is already a pretty big clue.

So play nice:P