PDA

View Full Version : Any GI Joe fans here?

ska_lives
02-02-2014, 01:53 AM
So Im new to this forum, how I never found it in my internet wanderings is beyond me! However, I am a member at a ton of Joe forums, so i was wondering who else here is a fan of Joe and would like to talk a little shop from time to time.

d3m01iti0n
03-06-2014, 06:27 PM
I had a huge collection but soldbit a couple years ago. Used to hang out on HISSTank all the time. I got out when that first wave of awful Retaliation figs hit. Pursuit of Cobra was definitely where it was at IMO.

MisfitKraang
03-06-2014, 08:22 PM
I'm a GI Joe fan:D

d3m01iti0n
03-07-2014, 11:59 AM
How is the toyline nowadays?

Walkabout
03-17-2014, 11:57 PM
I loved the Larry Hama comic and the toyline in the 80s/early 90s- I used to have a pretty large collection and IMO they were probably the best toys ever.

I bought a handful of Anniversary figures a while back (hooded Cobra Commander, Destro, Baroness, Major Bludd, Beach Head, Storm Shadow, Snake Eyes, Scarlett)

I sort of regret executing the 100+ figures and vehicles I had with an air rifle/ chlorine and brake fluid IED's :ohwell:

edit: I HATE the movies (except the cartoon one, hehe)

d3m01iti0n
03-18-2014, 07:28 AM
hahaha I blew my old ones up with firecrackers, painted em with nail polish blood, and set them on fire. Oh, and built jetpacks out of bottle rockets.

When 25th hit I only planned on getting a couple favorites. 100+ figures and 20ish vehicles later.......oy. I hated the first film obviously, but I actually loved the second. The figures sucked though and I just got out and sold them, and dumped all that money into 40K. The Pursuit of Cobra line was the best offering IMO. Kind of had a hardcore Metal Gear look to them but just realistic enough to be believable. It was a shame Retaliation started getting back to neon crap, making Roadblock a ninja, etc etc.

Good ol Hisstank. Im a former mod and currently banned :roll:

Walkabout
03-18-2014, 07:52 PM
:lol:

I had a HISS II, and a Hammer (Hummer) as well as the HAVOC? (pilot's name was Cross Country)

snake
04-13-2014, 10:06 AM
hahaha I blew my old ones up with firecrackers, painted em with nail polish blood, and set them on fire. Oh, and built jetpacks out of bottle rockets.

When 25th hit I only planned on getting a couple favorites. 100+ figures and 20ish vehicles later.......oy. I hated the first film obviously, but I actually loved the second. The figures sucked though and I just got out and sold them, and dumped all that money into 40K. The Pursuit of Cobra line was the best offering IMO. Kind of had a hardcore Metal Gear look to them but just realistic enough to be believable. It was a shame Retaliation started getting back to neon crap, making Roadblock a ninja, etc etc.

Good ol Hisstank. Im a former mod and currently banned :roll:

If you don't mind me asking, how were you banned?

d3m01iti0n
04-19-2014, 10:52 AM
If you don't mind me asking, how were you banned?

To make a long story short, there was a lot of really lame drama and heavy handed mods over there. I was a pretty well known member and former mod so admittedly I got away with quite a lot. I was on one of their roleplaying game teams, one of our guys did something minor and got banned for it. The whole team protested and immediately got banned. I was one of them. It basically killed that team off but the core members started OG13.com which is a MUCH better Joe site IMO. Hisstank is populated by a bunch of pissy little basement dwellers and dealing with them really turned me off to Joes in general.

Zarana-X
04-30-2014, 12:29 PM
I've been known to collect GI Joe. Mostly Vintage. Some modern era, but its mostly boxed up.

brunobliss
06-01-2014, 06:30 PM
GI Joes were my favourite action figures back in the day. Nowadays however I only have 3 vintage MOC and a couple of misb vehicles

blindturtle02
06-01-2014, 10:07 PM
I'm also a JOE fan. Wish I still had my stuff. I was a kid of the 90's, so I mostly had stuff from Battle Core. I got into the series in around 92 or so when it was broadcast on USA. Didn't have cable for the first 8 years or so of my life, so I was discovering all kinds of cartoons around age 9.
JOE HQ came out around Christmas of 92, so I had to have that. Also had the Shark, Patriot, Earthquake, Monsterblaster, Armorbot, and can't think of any others right now. I loved the vehicles so I'm pretty sure I had more of those. I remember getting a Destro but he broke the first night of play. I never found another one! Well I got a Star Brigade Destro, so he had to do. My favorite fig was the mail order Serpentor you could still get in the early 90's. My mom got him along with his debut mini series she managed to order via Blockbuster in those days. Best birthday right behind the one where I got the technodrome.
I had a friend who had a tun of Joes and I'm betting he still has all of them in ziplock baggies with weapons and everything. I wasn't too gentle with my Joes or vehicles and very much regret it today. Of course I nabbed the Sunbow Footlocker set put out by Shout, as well as the movie and DIC episodes. Couldn't pass those up. If only I'd been aware of the terrordrome. I would have loved to own that. I've always loved huge playsets.