PDA

View Full Version : How would you rank the episodes we've seen so far of season 2?

JH24
02-06-2014, 11:28 PM
I realize we have a lot of episodes to go for season 2, but after these first eight episodes (with amazing ones among them) how would you personally rank them so far?

Maybe we could update our personal rankings/lists when newer episodes air over time. (If you wish, please share with everyone why an episode is number one for you and/or why an episode was the worst in your opinion)

My personal list so far:

1. Mutagen Man unleashed
2. Slash and Destroy
3. The Good, the Bad and Casey Jones
4. Follow the Leader
5. Target: April O'Neill
6. Mutation Situation
7. Invasion of the Squirrelanoids
8. Mikey gets Shellacne

As for Mutagen Unleashed, I enjoyed how as a viewer we got a glimpse of Donatello's thoughts and feelings about himself (thinking of himself as a freak) and April, as well as his loyalty toward Timothy, someone who everyone seems to have given up on. For me personally this episode really showed the strength and depth of Donatello's character.

Although a part of me thinks there should be other episodes higher on the list than this one, it's this emotional aspect that keeps Mutagen Man unleashed at number one for me personally.

My least favorite episode (although certainly not bad) is Mikey gets Shellacne. All the characters felt off/mean for some reason (especially Donatello), I did enjoy the second part with Mikey and Rahzar, and I really loved how Mikey stole the episode during the final fight, it really showed some of the strengths of Mikey's character.

I definitely enjoyed Mikey's role. But speaking of the episode in general, in comparison with other episodes, I can't place it any higher unfortunately.

CyberCubed
02-06-2014, 11:50 PM
Only 8 episodes of the season aired so far? Strange I feel like its been a lot more.

The Turtle Terminator
02-07-2014, 12:34 AM
Only 8 episodes of the season aired so far? Strange I feel like its been a lot more.

Same, maybey its because its been more than 3 months since the season's start

Karai Samurai
02-07-2014, 01:50 AM
1. ETA: The Invasion (Irma? Nooo!)
2. ETA: The Manhattan Project (This felt like a movie. I need to watch it again to digest everything, but still great.)
3. ETA: Vengeance is Mine (another awesome Karai-centric episode, although I'm still not so sure about how I feel about her mutation)
4. ETA: The Wrath of Tiger Claw (omg, Karai. Take notes animation writers...this is how you write a well rounded female character.)
5. ETA: Into Dimension X! (Leatherhead! Mikey not being stupid! Good music! Awesome Dimension X!)
6. Target: April O'Neill
7. The Good, The Bad, and Casey Jones
8. ETA: The Lonely Mutation of Baxter Stockman (Fly Stockman is so great! Loved the music in this episode)
9. Mikey Gets Shellacne (didn't expect it to be this good)
10. ETA: The Legend of the Kuro Kabuto (Zeck is awesome! Great cliffhanger, although Leo's voice acting is still distractingly bad)
11. ETA: Metalhead Rewired (great Kraang episode)
12. Slash and Destroy
13. ETA: Of Rats and Men (Mikey redemption plus the return of the Rat King)
14. Follow the Leader
15. ETA: Fungus Humongous (best filler episode of this show. The animation was incredible.)
16. ETA: A Chinatown Ghost Story (hopefully the last episode that will focus on Donnie's crush)
17. ETA: Newtralized! (Nice to see Slash again. Loved his interactions with Raph)
18. Mutagen Man Unleashed
19. ETA: Plan 10 (classic Kraang epispde, but enjoyable)
20. The Mutation Situation (weak opener IMO)
21. ETA: Mazes and Mutants (not a bad episode, but clearly just a way to push new toys)
22. ETA: Pizza Face (like Parasitica, just not as good)
23. Invasion of the Squirrelanoids (because it was gross and pure filler. Add this to my list of mutants I hope never return, including that cockroach and Spiderbytes)
24. ETA: The Kraang Conspiracy (I didn't expect such an important episode to fall this flat.)

RaphAndDonnie
02-07-2014, 02:40 AM
1. The Good, the Bad and Casey Jones
2. Target: April O'Neił (Mikey's shadow puppetry :lol: )
3. Mutation Situation
4. Mutagen Man Unleashed
5. Mikey Gets Shellachne
6. Slash and Destroy
7. Follow the Leader
8. Invasion of the Squirrelanoids

Shark_Blade
02-07-2014, 03:08 AM
Slash and Destroy (I absolutely LOVE the brutal fights scenes, it's the harshest one so far imo; and also the tea party little girl)
Invasion of the Squirrelanoids
Mutagen Man unleashed
Mikey gets Shellacne
The Good, the Bad and Casey Jones
Follow the Leader
Target: April O'Neill
Mutation Situation

Vicky82
02-07-2014, 09:54 AM
1. The Invasion
2. In To Dimension X
3. The Wrath of Tiger Claw
4. The Manhattan Project
5. Vengeance is Mine
6. Of Rats and Men
7. Metalhead Rewired
8. Slash and Destroy
9. Target April O' Neil
10. The Good, the Bad and Casey Jones
11. The Lonely Mutation of Baxter Stockman
12. The Legend of Kuro Kabuto
13. Follow the leader
14. Invasion of the Squirrelnoids
15. Newtralized
16. Mikey get's Shellacne
17. Fungus Humungous
18.The Mutation Situation
19. A Chinatown Ghost Story
20. Plan 10
21.The Kraang Conspiracy
22. Mutagen Man Unleashed
23. Mazes and Mutants
24. Pizza Face

MiBs
02-07-2014, 10:02 AM
1. Slash and Destroy (Was very surprised by how dark this episode was. And the fight scenes are just sublime)

2. The Good, the Bad and Casey Jones
3. Follow the leader
4. Target April O' Neil
5. Invasion of the Squirrelnoids
6. Mikey get's Shellacne
7. Mutagen Man Unleashed
8. The Mutation Situation

victory_angel
02-07-2014, 12:56 PM
1. Slash and Destroy- Brutal fight where Raph must choose between his brothers and his best friend.

2. Target April O' Neil- April's back and Donnie gets a kiss :D

3. The Good, the Bad and Casey Jones- Casey meets the Turtles, lots of references to 2k3, and Ninja Turtles Movie.

4. Mutagen Man Unleashed-As the OP pointed out there was a lot of depth to Donnie's character. Where even he shows he has his doubts as to whether he has a chance with April. His desire to have her back in his life and the emotional turmoil that Casey is causing him because of the possibility that April may like another boy. And of course Donnie's defending Timothy from his brothers, but at that same time slowly coming to grips with the fact the boy he had once known was no longer there.

In Pulverizer Returns I was left with the impression that something in Donatello had cracked or shifted.

And with this episode I was left with the impression that something had cracked even further. I'd hate to see what it would be like if whatever that something is full on breaks or dies which we may see.

5. Follow the leader
Leo learns that Karai is Splinters daughter. As of yet there has been no follow up to this revelation which brings it lower onto the list.

6. The Mutation Situation-I know they wanted to add a sense of conflict, but I feel we should have been given an opportunity to get to know Dr. O'Neil as a person before he was mutated.

7. Invasion of the Squirrelnoids- I'm not a fan of the Alien's franchise though I will admit they are pretty tame compared to scifi/horror film today. The ending where the squirrelnoid grabbed that utility worker reminded me of the start to the Out Break arc in the 2k3.

8. Mikey get's Shellacne-Simply because Mikey is an idiot in this episode. And yeah the guys were rather dismissive and mean to him.

NinjaPug
02-08-2014, 06:34 PM
My list would be:

1. The Manhattan Project
2. Slash & Destroy
3. The Good, the Bad & Casey Jones
4. Of Rats and Men
5. Mikey Gets Shellacne
6. Metalhead Rewired
7. Follow the Leader
8. Target: April O'Neil
9. Mutagen Man Unleashed
10. The Kraang Conspiracy
11. Fungus Humongous
12. The Mutation Situation
13. Invasion of the Squirrelanoids

BabyTurtles
02-08-2014, 07:22 PM
1)Slash and destroy (for the feels)
2) the good the bad and Casey jones
3) Mutagen man unleashed
4) Mikey gets Shellacne (I love twists~)
5) Invasion of the squirrelanoids (it was creepy XD)
6)Target April O neil
7) Follow the leader
8 ) Fungus Humongous
9 ) Mutation situation...(for how they treated Mikey..)
9) The Kraang Conspiracy (it's a tie)

Raph episodes have been killing it lately!! woot!

I remember people complained that they weren't as good as his bros last season.

Donatello19
02-08-2014, 08:39 PM
Here's my list:

1: The Good, the Bad and Casey Jones
2: Target: April O' Neil
3: Mikey Gets Shellacne
4: The Mutation Situation
5: Slash and Destroy
6: Mutagen Man Unleashed
7: Follow the Leader
8: Invasion of the Squirrelanoids

tylerdavies
02-09-2014, 05:17 AM
1) Mutagen Man Unleashed (been waiting for this episode since Pulverizer Returns and I was not disappointed)
2) The Good, the Bad and Casey Jones (great episode and a great return from hiatus - pretty much tied with MMU)
3) Invasion of the Squirrelinoids (liked the horror aspect to it - just a fun episode to watch)
4) Target: April O'neil (cool episode - I liked Chrome Dome - especially his name lol)
5) Slash and Destroy (I felt a little disappointed with this episode despite me wanting to see Slash - but I can't put a finger on it as to why)
6) Follow the Leader
7) Mikey gets Shellacne (Rahzar being introduced was a complete curveball)
8- Mutation Situation (I felt this episode was a weak way to Open up Season 2 - I felt disappointed by the end of it)

*Side note - I was skeptical when they first introduced Casey Jones. I didn't like his character all that much. After The Good, the Bad and Casey Jones I loved the character - guess all he needed was the spotlight to blow us away

drgon78
02-09-2014, 05:31 AM
1)Target: April O'Neil
2)The Good, The Bad, The Casey Jones
3)Slash and Destroy
4)The Mutagen Situation
5)Mutagen Man unleashed
6)Follow the Leader
7)Invasion of the Squirrelinoids
8-Mikey Gets Shellacne.

snake
02-09-2014, 09:43 AM
1- Target: April O'neil
2- Mikey Gets Shellacne
3- The Kraang Conspiracy
4- Slash And Destroy
5- The Good, The Bad, And Casey Jones
6- Follow The Leader
7- Mutagen Man Unleashed
8- Invasion Of The Squrilanoids
9- Mutation Situation

This was a hard list, almost every episode of season 2 was good, and the only bad ones were atleast decent. I love season 2.

pannoni1
02-09-2014, 11:20 AM
For the most part up until today's episode, each episode I feel has improved on the last in quality, except for Mikey Gets Shellcane which is too funny IMO to be serious and exciting, yet it was still better than the weak first three episodes, though The Mutation Situation did provide a good point pertraining to this season's arc and that involves the mutagen cannisters. I'm not sure how many that are still around, but they could have been used to rebuild the TCRI building in a hurry and that some of the humans potentially could have been captured. That said, my ranking is:

1. The Good, The Bad, and Casey Jones
2. Slash and Destroy
3. Target: April O'Neil
4. The Kraang Conspiracy
5. Mutagen Man Unleashed
6. The Mutation Situation
7. Mikey Gets Shellcane
8. Follow The Leader
9. Invasion of the Squirrelanoids

CyberCubed
02-09-2014, 11:34 AM
Kraang Conspiracy is at the bottom.

LeotheLateBloomer
02-16-2014, 01:16 PM
1. The Good, The Bad and Casey Jones
2. Follow the Leader
3. Slash and Destroy
4. Target: April O' Neil
5. Mutagen Man Unleashed
6. Invasion of the Squirrelanoids
7. The Mutation Situation
8. Mikey Gets Shellacne
9. Fungus Humungous
10. The Kraang Conspiracy

Anton Chigurh
02-17-2014, 02:50 AM
Slash and destroy was my favorite out of the entire series so far, and Corey fieldman did a fantastic job.

As far as my list goes its the exact same as Mibs

Shark_Blade
02-17-2014, 04:06 AM
Slash and Destroy (I absolutely LOVE the brutal fights scenes, it's the harshest one so far imo; and also the tea party little girl)
Invasion of the Squirrelanoids
Mutagen Man unleashed
Mikey gets Shellacne
The Good, the Bad and Casey Jones
Follow the Leader
Target: April O'Neil
The Kraang Conspiracy
Fungus Humungous
Mutation Situation
Updated my list. :tcool:

Gwydion
02-18-2014, 10:12 AM
1.) Slash and Destroy (fav of the series so far, actually)
2.) The Good, the Bad, and Casey Jones
3.) Follow the Leader
4.) Invasion of the Squirrelanoids
5.) Mutagen Man Unleashed, Target: April O'Neil, and Fungus Humungous
8.) Mikey Gets Shellacne
9.) The Kraang Conspiracy
26.) The Mutation Situation (...if this doesn't end up being my least favorite of the season, I'd be incredibly surprised - funny how season 2 has brought my fav and least fav episodes of the show thus far)

Electric
02-18-2014, 10:50 AM
1. Target April oneil
2. The good the bad and Casey jones
3. Slash and destroy
4. Follow the leader
5. Invasion of the squirrelanoids
6. Kraang conspiracy
7. Mikey gets shell acne
8. Fungus humongous
9. Mutagen man unleashed
10. Mutation situation

Honestly, even the last 2, every episode had something I enjoyed about it. While I didn't care for mutation situation, I liked Kirby's mutation scene, the ship fight scene, and April being mad at the turtles. And mutagen man unleashed, the finna scene fighting in the alley, and Casey and April fighting Tim, were both great.

ABrown
02-18-2014, 11:21 AM
When I saw the title of this thread, I thought that question meant how would I rank the episodes like on a scale of 1-10. I was gonna say a 4. I am very disappointed in this season so far.

JH24
02-18-2014, 12:55 PM
Thanks a lot for the replies everyone. It's great to see everyone's favorite (and less favorite) episodes. :)

===

Updated my list as well:

1. Mutagen Man unleashed
2. Slash and Destroy
3. The Good, the Bad and Casey Jones
4. Follow the Leader
5. Target: April O'Neill
6. Kraang Conspiracy
7. Mutation Situation
8. Invasion of the Squirrelanoids
9. Mikey gets Shellacne
10. Fungus Humongous

Bossa Nova
02-18-2014, 03:54 PM
Slash and Destroy, and The good, the bad and Casey Jones were both AMAZING!! I LOVE them both, and for the first time in the entire season 2 I actually felt like I was watching the TMNT I know and love again. The fact that they were right after one another gave me hopes that the season was really starting to turn around again in its quality.

Nope. I haven't even watched the last 2 episodes given everything I've read about them. I'm waiting for an episode that seems slightly redeemable to come up so I can watch them all together, but seeing as the next episode is about Metalhead which I absolutely loathe, and more than likely will add fuel to the fire on the Don and April catastrophe, I'll probably be stuck waiting for awhile.

Electric
02-18-2014, 06:11 PM
Slash and Destroy, and The good, the bad and Casey Jones were both AMAZING!! I LOVE them both, and for the first time in the entire season 2 I actually felt like I was watching the TMNT I know and love again. The fact that they were right after one another gave me hopes that the season was really starting to turn around again in its quality.

Nope. I haven't even watched the last 2 episodes given everything I've read about them. I'm waiting for an episode that seems slightly redeemable to come up so I can watch them all together, but seeing as the next episode is about Metalhead which I absolutely loathe, and more than likely will add fuel to the fire on the Don and April catastrophe, I'll probably be stuck waiting for awhile.

ciro said the season gets progressively darker, and with most of the expected mutant of the week episodes finished, im sure youll enjoy the second half more.:tgrin:

raph27
02-18-2014, 06:30 PM
1. The Good, The Bad, and Casey Jones
2. Slash and Destroy
3. Fungus Humongus
4. Mutagen Man Unleashed
5. Target: April O Neil
6. Mikey gets Shellacne
7. The Kraang Conspiracy
8. Follow the Leader
9. Mutation Situation
10. Invasion of the Squirrelanoids

I LOVE this season. A bit rough at the start but quickly became amazing. Can't wait to see it get darker.

TMNTtattooed
02-21-2014, 12:42 PM
1. Slash and Destroy
2. The Good, the Bad, and Casey Jones
3. Mikey Gets Shellacne
4. Fungus Humongus
5. Mutagen Man Unleased
6. Mutation Situation
7. Follow The Leader
8. Target April O'Neil
9. The Krang Conspiracy
10: Invasion of the Squirrelanoids

kolaida
02-22-2014, 07:48 AM
I LOVED Fungus Humungous; it was amazing, just everything about it made me super happy!

Slash and Destroy was fantastic, adored it!

I really enjoyed Mikey Gets Shellacne!

The Good, Bad, and the Casey Jones was also fun!

I enjoyed Follow the Leader quite a bit, too (I know others have been including it in the 'weak three' openers, but I really liked it and kinda felt like that was the episode that kicked things off).

I liked the other episodes, too, just not as much as those!

Aaronardo
02-22-2014, 08:34 AM
Decided to add Season 1 because why not.
Season 1
1. The Gauntlet
2. Enemy of my Enemy
3. TCRI
4. Operation: Break Out
5. It Came From the Depths
6. Showdown
7. The Pulverizer Returns!
8. Never Say Xever
9. I, Monster
10. Cockroach Terminator
11. Panic in the Sewers
12. Baxter's Gambit
13. The Alien Agenda
14. Parasitica
15. I Think His Name is Baxter Stockman
16. New Girl in Town
17. Monkey Brains
18. Karai's Vendetta
19. Mousers Attack!
20. New Friend, Old Enemy
21. Rise of the Turtles
22. Metalhead
23. The Pulverizer
24. Turtle Temper

Season 2
1. The Wrath of Tiger Claw
2. The Manhattan Project
3. Slash and Destroy
4. The Legend of the Kuro Kabuto
5. Metalhead Rewired
6. The Lonely Mutation of Baxter Stockman
7. Of Rats and Men
9. The Kraang Conspiracy
10. The Good, The Bad, and Casey Jones
11. Plan 10
12. Mutagen Man Unleashed
13. Mikey Gets Shellacne
14. Follow the Leader
15. Newtralized!
16. Fungus Humongous
17. The Mutation Situation
18. Invasion of the Squirrelanoids
19. Mazes and Mutants
20. Pizza Face

MORE will be added as episodes come along!

JH24
03-04-2014, 07:57 AM
Thanks for the replies everyone. :)

It seems "Wormquake" has become my newest favorite.

"Of Rats and Men" had some great moments I love to re-watch. Unfortunately, as a full episode, I didn't really enjoy it as much.

1. Manhattan Project/Wormquake
2. Mutagen Man unleashed
3. Slash and Destroy
4. The Good, the Bad and Casey Jones
5. Follow the Leader
7. Kraang Conspiracy
8. Mutation Situation
9. Invasion of the Squirrelanoids
10. Of Rats and Men
11. Mikey gets Shellacne
12. Fungus Humongous

LivingMutagen
04-27-2014, 10:09 AM
As of right now:

1a. The Manhatten Project (Awesome episode, need I say more)
1b. Target: April(Another awesome episode, need I say more)
3. Good, Bad, Casey (A homage episode done to much delight)
4. Metalhead Rewired (Had a great twist and a really sad ending)
5. Slash & Destroy (I don't know about this episode, my take on this episode may change depending on how Slash is written when he comes back)
6. Mutagen Man Unleashed (A lot of action and a sad ending, Donnie's emotion was hard to see by the end)
7. Of Rats and Men (I felt the ending was a bit rushed, but really liked it)
8. Fungus Humungous (Really funny episode, I liked it a lot)
9. Follow the Leader(I felt the first half was a bit slow, but Act 3 really came through)
10. Mazes & Mutants (Was fun, but filler is filler)
11. Mikey gets Shellacne (I liked it, but as others have stated, Mikey was again flawed with all the writers doing their own version of Mikey, and it was hard to believe his stupidity in this one)
12. Mutation Situation (I didn't even hate this one, it's more a testament on how strong the season has been so far. It had a big swerve and melancholy ending)
13. Kraang Conspiracy (Saw the ending coming and am kinda bummed by it, I really didn't want April to have Alien DNA)
14. Squirellanoids (Once again, I didn't hate this episode either, the season so far has been very, very strong. I'd give this an 8 out of 10)

I never understood how people you have 1a and 1b, then 3 and not 2.
Anyway, I dunno about my favourites or least favourites. I like them all.

BabyTurtles
04-27-2014, 12:50 PM
3) Mutagen man unleashed
6)Target April O neil
7) Follow the leader
8 ) Fungus Humongous
10) Mazes and Mutants....

Raph episodes have been killing it lately!! woot!

I remember people complained that they weren't as good as his bros last season.

:T .....now Mazes and Mutants is at the bottom....too many plot holes.......and "awesomes"

JTH
04-27-2014, 02:29 PM
I never understood how people you have 1a and 1b, then 3 and not 2.
Anyway, I dunno about my favourites or least favourites. I like them all.
In a race, if two people tie for the win, the third person that crosses doesn't finish second...he finishes third.

JH24
04-28-2014, 04:18 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone!

"Mazes and Mutants" was for me personally one of the best fillers so far in the series. I can't put it above most of the more story driven episodes but it was a fun episode in its own right.

===

2. Mutagen Man unleashed
3. Slash and Destroy
5. Follow the Leader
7. Kraang Conspiracy
8. Mazes and Mutants
9. Mutation Situation
10. Invasion of the Squirrelanoids
11. Of Rats and Men
12. Mikey gets Shellacne
13. Fungus Humongous

BabyTurtles
05-18-2014, 11:42 AM
3) Mutagen man unleashed
6)Target April O neil
7) Follow the leader
8 ) Fungus Humongous
10) Pizza face......
11) Mazes and Mutants...

.....sigh.

ThatMarvelousGuy
05-18-2014, 01:00 PM
1) The Manhattan Project
2) The Lonely Mutation of Baxter Stockman
3) The Good, The Bad and The Casey Jones
4) Metalhead Rewired
5) Of Rats and Men

Those are my top 5 episodes of season 2 (4 and 5 may change spots, I find equally good)

JH24
05-21-2014, 12:09 PM
Updated list:

2. Mutagen Man unleashed
3. Slash and Destroy
5. Newtralized
6. Metalhead Rewired (Forgot to include this one earlier)
7. Follow the Leader
8. Target: April O'Neill
9. Kraang Conspiracy
10. Mazes and Mutants
11. Mutation Situation
12. Lonely Mutation of Baxter Stockman
13. Invasion of the Squirrelanoids
14. Of Rats and Men
15. Mikey gets Shellacne
16. Pizza Face
17. Fungus Humongous

CyberCubed
05-21-2014, 12:15 PM
Why put the Fungus episode last? It was probably the funniest episode of the show. Also the Rat king episode should be much higher.

Coola Yagami
05-21-2014, 02:04 PM
Because it's his opinion?

MCLeo28
05-21-2014, 06:05 PM
List from best to worst.

1. The Manhattan Project
2. Slash and Destroy
3. Metalhead Rewired
4. The Good, The Bad, and The Casey Jones
5. Mutagen Man Unleashed
6. Mikey Gets Shellacne
7. The Lonely Mutation of Baxter Stockman
8. Of Rats and Men/ Newtralized
9. Follow the Leader
10. Target: April O'Neil
11. The Mutagen Situation
12. The Invasion of the Squirrelanoids
13. Pizza Face
14. The Kraang Conspiracy
15. Fungus Humungous
16. Mazes and Mutants

Powder
05-21-2014, 06:13 PM
Because it's his opinion?

& people have a right to ask why they feel the way they do. Get off Cubed's ass.

MCLeo28
05-21-2014, 06:14 PM
Well, technically, if you do post up your list, everyone has a right to comment about it and at least inquire as to why that is. That doesn't mean being rude about their opinion, but just wondering why they chose the thing that they chose. Everything you post leads to a consequence whether it's a minor thing or a major thing.

Papenbrook
05-21-2014, 06:45 PM
& people have a right to ask why they feel the way they do. Get off Cubed's ass.

Powder, you don't have to be rude to him. Please be calm if you want to comment.

Shark_Blade
05-21-2014, 06:55 PM
The Invasion of the Squirrelanoids
Slash and Destroy
The Lonely Mutation of Baxter Stockman
Metalhead Rewired
Of Rats and Men
Wormquake
The Good, The Bad, and Casey Jones
Pizza Face
Mutagen Man Unleashed
Mikey Gets Shellacne
Newtralized
Follow the Leader
The Kraang Conspiracy
Mazes and Mutants
Fungus Humungous
The Mutation Situation

Aaronardo
05-21-2014, 06:56 PM
Oi, another flame war cometh again. To the shelters, citizens!

Powder
05-21-2014, 07:56 PM
Powder, you don't have to be rude to him. Please be calm if you want to comment.

You need to crawl out of my ass, PK. There are tons of people that verbally assault one another and I don't see you criticizing them. I came to the defense of someone who is often targeted by CY, nothing more. If casual speak that happens to include words such as "ass" is your idea of rude, then you should probably be in church instead of on the the internet.

Papenbrook
05-21-2014, 08:51 PM
You need to crawl out of my ass, PK. There are tons of people that verbally assault one another and I don't see you criticizing them. I came to the defense of someone who is often targeted by CY, nothing more. If casual speak that happens to include words such as "ass" is your idea of rude, then you should probably be in church instead of on the the internet.

Powder, I am not saying you can't criticze others. You just have to be more careful with how you word your comments. I don't want to any more flame wars on the forums. I am sorry if I came of as rude. I just want you to be calm.

snake
05-21-2014, 09:28 PM
Oi, another flame war cometh again. To the shelters, citizens!

RUN TO THE HILLS! I shall calleth a modeth! :lol::D

MCLeo28
05-21-2014, 09:30 PM

To be fair, CyberCubed did nothing that was even close to verbally assaulting another. He was just asking a simple question as to why Fungus Humungous was getting so much hate.

Shark_Blade
05-21-2014, 09:38 PM
I thought Fungus Humungous is quintessential to the series even if it acts as a filler. It deals with Leo's fear as a leader and how he overcomes it.

If he didn't face his own fear, then he could face far greater troubles when facing with obstacles in future episodes.

Btw, only episode I don't like in Season 2 is Mutation Situation. Because Mikey was being majorly stupid and heartless. And that mutagen canister rain.. how the heck did it all spread through the whole city? They should just dropped down in a linear pathline where the UFO swayed only. But eh, cartoon.

Powder
05-21-2014, 10:05 PM
To be fair, CyberCubed did nothing that was even close to verbally assaulting another. He was just asking a simple question as to why Fungus Humungous was getting so much hate.

I never said he was. I was defending Cybercubed. Do people not read posts before replying to them? Sure seems that way.

MCLeo28
05-21-2014, 11:04 PM
I never said he was. I was defending Cybercubed. Do people not read posts before replying to them? Sure seems that way.

Sorry, misread. Might be tired or something b/c I honestly really misread that the first time. After rereading it, I see what you meant.

Sorry for the confusion. I do agree w/ you after all.

JH24
05-22-2014, 02:35 AM
Please don't argue everyone. Thank you all very much for your replies but let's keep a fun discussion. :)

Why put the Fungus episode last? It was probably the funniest episode of the show. Also the Rat king episode should be much higher.

A good question actually. I remember being disappointed the most with this episode during that stage of the series. "Too out there", but what bothered me especially was the focus on Leo's fear (which was well done) and how the fears of the other turtles were less important/felt neglected. (Raph had roaches, Mikey mutated squirrels and Don April saying he's a freak) I understand those are justified fears, yet felt more added for comic relief. (What about Don failing to find a cure of Mutagen, Raph unable to control his anger, Mikey afraid of being alone, etc)

Looking back, I might need to re-watch this episode, first impressions can stay with you for a long time.

===

As for the Rat King. It was a good episode, but I just couldn't get into it. Too dark in a way and I enjoyed it for a first watch but didn't feel much motivation to watch it again, and that has an influence on how high an episode gets on my list.

Sometimes it's hard to describe why I like or dislike a certain episode. Not because a certain episode is bad (far from it), but because I'm left with a certain feeling that makes it hard for me to view an episode in a different light. I gues it depends on the kind of person who's watching.

We all have different expectations/preferences when watching an episode. And those often decide for us how we look at an episode or story line, sometimes before we've even watched it.

===

I have a question for you as well, CyberCubed. How did you feel about "Mazes and Mutants" in comparison with "Pizza Face?" Both episodes were different from other episodes in the season and both episodes generally received less positive reactions.

Coola Yagami
05-22-2014, 07:53 PM
It just kinda bugs me how he has to force his opinions on other people. The guy made a list based on his opinions. Maybe *GASP* he didn't consider the Fungus episode to be worthy of such a high spot. Brace yourself for this... maybe he didn't find the episode as funny as Cybs did.

I see an annoying pattern with him. He considers something that is opinion.... let's say... oh I don't know... Shredder being Karai's father was a horrible idea. Someone DARES say otherwise. He'll quickly reply with 'lol what? Everybody KNOWS Shredder being Kara's father is a horrible idea. It's OBVIOUS that EVERYBODY hates that idea. Have you been watching the same show I have?'

He's a fellow turtles fan, and I respect that. He can get a little obsessive over it and I can understand that. But when he starts throwing his opinions around as if they were facts and gets in other people's faces for not agreeing with these 'facts', it just bugs me sometimes.

But this is my last say in the matter. I'll let him be. And Powder... stop being so quick to rush to his rescue. Whenever Cybes extends the same courtesy towards you, you usually treat him like crap. "Back off Cubed, I don't need a sidekick".

JTH
06-15-2014, 03:51 PM
Season 1 Complete List:
1 - The Gauntlet
2 - Enemy of My Enemy
3 - Showdown
4 - The Alien Agenda
5 - Operation: Breakout
6 - Baxter's Gambit
7 - Rise of the Turtles
8 - Metalhead
9 - It Came From the Depths
10 - TCRI
11 - I, Monster
12 - Monkey Brains
13 - Never Say Xever
14 - New Girl in Town
15 - Karai's Vendetta
16 - The Pulverizer Returns!
17 - Mousers Attack!
18 - Turtle Temper
19 - Parasitica
20 - I.T.H.N.I.B.S.
21 - New Friend, Old Enemy
22 - The Pulverizer
23 - Panic in the Sewers
24 - Cockroach Terminator

As of right now:

1. The Invasion
2. Target: April
3. The Manhatten Project
4. Into Dimension X!
5. The Wrath of Tiger Claw
6. Vengeance is Mine
7. Good, Bad, Casey
8. Metalhead Rewired
9. Slash & Destroy
10. Mutagen Man Unleashed
13. Of Rats and Men
14. A Chinatown Ghost Story
15. Fungus Humungous
16. Follow the Leader
17. Mazes & Mutants
18. Mikey gets Shellacne
19. Mutation Situation
20. Newtralized!
21. Plan 10
22. Squirellanoids
23. Pizza Face
24. Kraang Conspiracy

Congrats to "The Legend of Kuro Kabuto", you will have at least one point for my Top 12 list when the Season 2 Best Episode Tournament happens!

Aaronardo
06-15-2014, 05:10 PM
Decided to add Season 1 because why not.
Season 1
1. The Gauntlet
2. Enemy of my Enemy
3. TCRI
6. Showdown
8. Never Say Xever
9. I, Monster
10. Cockroach Terminator
11. Panic in the Sewers
12. Baxter's Gambit
13. The Alien Agenda
14. Parasitica
16. New Girl in Town
17. Monkey Brains
18. Karai's Vendetta
19. Mousers Attack!
21. Rise of the Turtles
22. Metalhead
23. The Pulverizer
24. Turtle Temper

Season 2
2. The Manhattan Project
3. Slash and Destroy
4. The Legend of the Kuro Kabuto
5. Metalhead Rewired
6. The Lonely Mutation of Baxter Stockman
7. Of Rats and Men
9. The Kraang Conspiracy
11. Mutagen Man Unleashed
12. Mikey Gets Shellacne
13. Follow the Leader
14. Newtralized!
15. Fungus Humongous
16. The Mutation Situation
17. Invasion of the Squirrelanoids
18. Mazes and Mutants
19. Pizza Face

MORE will be added as episodes come along!

Updated list.

Karai Samurai
06-23-2014, 10:19 AM
The Gauntlet
The New Girl in Town
Operation: Breakout
Enemy of my Enemy
It Came From the Depths
Never Say Xever
Rise of the Turtles
Karai's Vendetta
Panic in the Sewers
The Pulverizer Returns
TCRI
I, Monster
Mousers Attack!
New Friend, Old Enemy
The Alien Agenda
Baxter's Gambit
Parasistica
I Think His Name is Baxter Stockman
Showdown
Metalhead
The Pulverizer
Monkey Brains
Turtle Temper
Cockroach Terminator

PizzaFaceDelivers
06-23-2014, 12:03 PM
Season One:
1. The Showdown
2. The Gauntlet
3. Rise of the Turtles
4. Metalhead
5. It Came from the Depths
6. I, Monster
8. Cockroach Terminator
9. Parasitica
10. Turtle Temper
11. New Girl in Town
12. Enemy of my Enemy
13. Karai's Vendetta
14. I Think His Name is Baxter Stockman
15. Mousers Attack!
16. Baxter's Gambit
17. The Alien Agenda
18. The Pulverizer
19. TCRI
21. Panic in the Sewers
22. Never Say Xever
23. Operation: Breakout
24. Monkey Brains

Season Two:
1. Pizza Face
2. The Manhattan Project
3. Slash and Destroy
4. Mutagen Man Unleashed
5. The Legend of the Kuro Kabuto
6. The Wrath of Tiger Claw
7. Metalhead Rewired
8. The Good, The Bad, and Casey Jones
9. Fungus Humungous
10. Mikey Gets Shellacne
11. Mazes & Mutants
12. Of Rats and Men
13. Newtralized!
14. Invasion of the Squirrelanoids
15. The Lonely Mutation of Baxter Stockman
16. The Mutation Situation
17. Follow the Leader
18. Target: April O'Neil
19. The Kraang Conspiracy
20. Plan 10

I guess my list is... kind of different. I should probably add that I'm currently typing this with the old and new (where applicable) versions of Metalhead, Slash, Pizza Face, Mutagen Man, and Casey Jones action figures sitting on the desk in front of me. They've been my favorites since I was little so of course their episodes are going to rank highest for me. I've indulged in pretty much every flavor of TMNT and... I just really love them when they're at their weirdest. Give me mutants and monsters all day long, man. Oh, and in defense of Mazes & Mutants, I'm a huge reader of fantasy novels and player of fantasy games so, even though it wasn't the strongest episode, it struck a nerve with me. :tlove:

kolaida
06-25-2014, 08:58 PM
1) The Wrath of Tigerclaw
2) Fungus Humungous ( sue me)
3) Pizza Face (sue me again, lol)
4) Slash and Destroy
5) Of Rats and Men
6) The Manhattan Project/ Wormquake
7) The Lonely Mutation of Baxter Stockman
8 ) The Good, the Bad, and the Casey Jones
9) Mikey Gets Shellacne
10) The Legend of Kuro Kabuto
11) Follow the Leader
12) Invasion of the Squirellanoids
13) Plan 10
14) Newtralized
15) Target April O Neil
16) The Kraang Conspiracy
17) Mutagen Man Unleashed
18 ) Target April O'Neil
19) The Mutation Situation
20) Metalhead Rewired

Aaronardo
06-29-2014, 09:43 AM
Season 1
1. The Gauntlet
2. Enemy of my Enemy
3. TCRI
6. Showdown
8. Never Say Xever
9. I, Monster
10. Cockroach Terminator
11. Panic in the Sewers
12. Baxter's Gambit
13. The Alien Agenda
14. Parasitica
16. New Girl in Town
17. Monkey Brains
18. Karai's Vendetta
19. Mousers Attack!
21. Rise of the Turtles
22. Metalhead
23. The Pulverizer
24. Turtle Temper

Season 2

1. Vengeance is Mine
2. The Wrath of Tiger Claw
3. The Manhattan Project
4. Slash and Destroy
5. Of Rats and Men
6. Metalhead Rewired
7. The Legend of the Kuro Kabuto
8. The Kraang Conspiracy (say what you will, I liked this episode)
9. The Lonely Mutation of Baxter Stockman
11. Follow the Leader
12. Target: April O'Neil
13. Mutagen Man Unleashed
14. Plan 10
15. Mikey Gets Shellacne
16. Newtralized!
17. Fungus Humongous
18. The Mutation Situation
19. Invasion of the Squirrelanoids
20. Mazes and Mutants
21. Pizza Face

Completely redid my 2nd season list.

snake
06-29-2014, 09:58 AM
Vengeance is mine is the best season 2 episode so far.

PizzaFaceDelivers
06-29-2014, 11:28 AM
Yep... just echoing the trend. Vengeance is Mine is definitely the best episode of the season thus far.

Season Two:
1. Vengeance is Mine
2. Pizza Face
3. The Manhattan Project
4. Slash and Destroy
5. Mutagen Man Unleashed
6. The Legend of the Kuro Kabuto
7. The Wrath of Tiger Claw
8. Metalhead Rewired
9. The Good, The Bad, and Casey Jones
10. Fungus Humungous
11. Mikey Gets Shellacne
12. Mazes & Mutants
13. Of Rats and Men
14. Newtralized!
15. Invasion of the Squirrelanoids
16. The Lonely Mutation of Baxter Stockman
17. The Mutation Situation
18. Follow the Leader
19. Target: April O'Neil
20. The Kraang Conspiracy
21. Plan 10

Shark_Blade
07-10-2014, 05:19 PM
Vengeance is Mine
Slash and Destroy
Metalhead Rewired
Of Rats and Men
Wormquake
Pizza Face
Mutagen Man Unleashed
Mikey Gets Shellacne
Newtralized
Plan 10
Follow the Leader
The Kraang Conspiracy
Mazes and Mutants
Fungus Humungous
The Mutation Situation

MrTMNT2012
07-10-2014, 05:30 PM
My Top 5 Best Season Two Episodes:

1. Slash and Destroy
2. The Legend of Kuro Kabuto
4. The Good, The Bad and Casey Jones
5. Of Rats and Men

My Top 5 Worst Season Two Episodes:

1. Pizza Face
2. Invasion of the Squirrelanoids
3. The Kraang Conspiracy
4. Vengeance Is Mine
5. ....Couldn't think of one, every other episode was good to great IMO!

MCLeo28
07-11-2014, 12:47 AM

1. Slash and Destroy
5. Of Rats and Men

1. Pizza Face
3. The Kraang Conspiracy
4. Vengeance Is Mine

What?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Xz_zhCuscBk/UYHAiElHzpI/AAAAAAAAKIw/6pOLMX0nhaQ/s1600/dramatic-cat-o.gif

CyberCubed
07-11-2014, 07:29 AM
The Kraang Conspiracy was the worst, "non-filler" episode of the season. It really wasn't more than another generic infiltrate the Kraang base episode.

Leofan26
07-11-2014, 01:06 PM
1 . Vengeance is Mine ( Nice to see so many fans liked it :D )
2. Wrath of the Tiger Claw
3. Legend of Kuro Kabuto
4. The Good the bad and Casey Jones
5. Follow the Leader
6. The Manhatten Project

There weren't really a lot of good episodes in my opinion of season two..

I'd like the Manhatten Project a lot more if it had better pacing and was done as a two parter. Again, in my opinion having two major plots like that in one episode didn't really fit well.

Not to mention I didn't like that the turtles were split up in two important plots like that, they should have done that with them as a team. I also felt the love triangle shouldn't have happened but that should be saved for another thread.

MrTMNT2012
07-11-2014, 01:50 PM
I'd like the Manhatten Project a lot more if it had better pacing and was done as a two parter.

But...it was a two parter...

Leofan26
07-11-2014, 01:54 PM
But...it was a two parter...

Sort of :lol:

Aaronardo
07-11-2014, 02:16 PM

1. Slash and Destroy
5. Of Rats and Men

1. Pizza Face
3. The Kraang Conspiracy
4. Vengeance Is Mine

What... what IS this?! How could you hate not like that episode??

MCLeo28
07-11-2014, 02:16 PM
The Kraang Conspiracy was the worst, "non-filler" episode of the season. It really wasn't more than another generic infiltrate the Kraang base episode.

My question was how he found "Vengeance is Mine" worse than "Kraang Conspiracy" and how Vengeance is Mine was the worst episode of Season 2.

MrTMNT2012
07-11-2014, 02:24 PM
My question was how he found "Vengeance is Mine" worse than "Kraang Conspiracy" and how Vengeance is Mine was the worst episode of Season 2.

I didn't...Vengeance Is Mine was #4 on my list. Pizza Face is still the worst episode IMO!

MCLeo28
07-11-2014, 02:33 PM
I didn't...Vengeance Is Mine was #4 on my list. Pizza Face is still the worst episode IMO!

Misread, but how did you find "Vengeance is Mine" to be terrible?

MrTMNT2012
07-11-2014, 03:14 PM
Misread, but how did you find "Vengeance is Mine" to be terrible?

No where near terrible! I found it slightly above average as oppose to 'Amazing' or anything...

FrostXxBitex
07-12-2014, 12:26 PM
Season 1

1. Parasitica
2. Karai's Vendetta
3. Enemy of my Enemy
4. TCRI
5. Showdown
6. Never Say Xever
7. I, Monster
8. The Gauntlet
9. Panic in the Sewers
10. New Friend, Old Enemy
11. Operation: Break Out
12. New Girl In Town
13. Alien Agenda
14. Metalhead
15. Rise of the Turtles
16. It Came From The Depths
17. Turlte Temper
18. I Think His Name Is Baxter Stockman
19. Cockroach Terminator
20. Baxter's Gambit
21. Mousers Attack!
22. The Pulverizer Returns!
23. Monkey Brains
24. The Pulverizer

Season 2

1. Vengeance is Mine
2. Wrath of Tiger Claw
3. The Manhattan Project
4. Slash and Destroy
5. The Kraang Conspiracy
6. Follow the Leader
7. Target: April O'Neil
8. Mikey Gets Shellacne
9. Of Rats and Men
10. Metalhead Rewired
11. The Good, The Bad and Casey Jones
13. The Mutation Situation
14. Newtralized!
15. The Lonely Mutation of Baxter Stockman
16. Invasion of the Squirrelanoids
17. Plan 10
18. Mazes and Mutants
19. Mutagen Man Unleashed
20. Fungus Humongous
21. Pizza Face

Safe to say that Vengeance is Mine is at the top of almost every list now, haha.

Shark_Blade
07-12-2014, 03:50 PM
Vengeance is Mine
Slash and Destroy
The Wrath of Tiger Claw
Metalhead Rewired
Of Rats and Men
Wormquake
Pizza Face
Mutagen Man Unleashed
Mikey Gets Shellacne
Newtralized
Plan 10
Follow the Leader
The Legend of the Kuro Kabuto
The Kraang Conspiracy
Mazes and Mutants
Fungus Humungous
The Mutation Situation

terrorblade
07-19-2014, 05:14 PM
Vengeance is Mine
The Wrath of Tiger Claw
Slash and Destroy
Wormquake
Pizza Face
Metalhead Rewired
Newtralized
The Legend of the Kuro Kabuto
Of Rats and Men
Mikey Gets Shellacne
Follow the Leader
Mutagen Man Unleashed
Mazes and Mutants
The Kraang Conspiracy
The Mutation Situation
Fungus Humungous
Plan 10

JTH
07-19-2014, 08:08 PM
I gotta admit I'm curious.

I saw all these lists and went back and checked the Target: April board.

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=45400&page=1

About 80-90% percent of people said it was really good to great. Where is all this Target: April hate coming from?

Are you guys forgetting the great action, story telling, Casey looking completely badass, classic references up the wazoo, the first "Cowabunga" sighting, "I love being a turtle!"?

...*SIGH*...Are you guys just choosing to remember "The Kiss"?

Just curious?

FrostXxBitex
07-19-2014, 08:33 PM
I gotta admit I'm curious.

I saw all these lists and went back and checked the Target: April board.

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=45400&page=1

About 80-90% percent of people said it was really good to great. Where is all this Target: April hate coming from?

Are you guys forgetting the great action, story telling, Casey looking completely badass, classic references up the wazoo, the first "Cowabunga" sighting, "I love being a turtle!"?

...*SIGH*...Are you guys just choosing to remember "The Kiss"?

Just curious?

I loved it! The only thing I really disliked about the episode is choosing not to continue from Follow The Leader with the confession about Karai being Miwa. Leo attempting to get through to Karai in Wormquake was odd considering his actions towards her in Target: April O'Niel -_- Wish they had touched upon it, just a bit.

Zatoichi
09-15-2014, 11:00 PM
My top 5 episodes were easy to place, the rest... not so much.

2. The Manhattan Project/Wormquake
3. Vengeance is Mine
4. Of Rats and Men
5. Into Dimension X!
6. Metalhead Rewired
7. Slash and Destroy
8. The Legend of Kuro Kabuto
9. Target April O' Neil
10. The Lonely Mutation of Baxter Stockman
11. The Good, the Bad and Casey Jones
12. Follow the leader
13. Invasion of the Squirrelnoids
14. Newtralized
15. Mikey get's Shellacne
16. Fungus Humungous
17.The Mutation Situation
18. A Chinatown Ghost Story
19. Plan 10
20.The Kraang Conspiracy
21. Pizza Face
22. Mazes and Mutants
23. Mutagen Man Unleashed

Vicky82
09-21-2014, 06:41 AM
New No 1 :D

1. The Invasion
2. In To Dimension X
4. The Manhattan Project
5. Vengeance is Mine
6. Of Rats and Men
7. Metalhead Rewired
8. Slash and Destroy
9. Target April O' Neil
10. The Good, the Bad and Casey Jones
13. Follow the leader
14. Invasion of the Squirrelnoids
15. Newtralized
16. Mikey get's Shellacne
17. Fungus Humungous
18.The Mutation Situation
19. A Chinatown Ghost Story
20. Plan 10
21.The Kraang Conspiracy
22. Mutagen Man Unleashed
23. Mazes and Mutants
24. Pizza Face

JTH
09-21-2014, 08:05 AM
Just to let everyone know, I plan to do a Season 2 Best Episode Tournament like I did last year as soon as the Season 2 finale airs on TV.

This year, with this thread could make things much easier for people to make their lists and they can just refer to here.

Just wanted a heads up if anyone that's interested in doing that again.

Aaronardo
09-23-2014, 07:14 PM
Season 1
1. The Gauntlet
2. Enemy of my Enemy
3. TCRI
6. Showdown
8. Never Say Xever
9. I, Monster
10. Cockroach Terminator
11. Panic in the Sewers
12. Baxter's Gambit
13. The Alien Agenda
14. Parasitica
16. New Girl in Town
17. Monkey Brains
18. Karai's Vendetta
19. Mousers Attack!
21. Rise of the Turtles
22. Metalhead
23. The Pulverizer
24. Turtle Temper[/B]

Season 2
1. Vengeance is Mine
2. The Wrath of Tiger Claw
3. The Manhattan Project
4. Slash and Destroy
5. Into Dimension X!
6. Of Rats and Men
7. Metalhead Rewired
8. The Legend of the Kuro Kabuto
9. The Kraang Conspiracy (say what you will, I liked this episode)
10. The Lonely Mutation of Baxter Stockman
11. The Good, The Bad, and Casey Jones
12. Follow the Leader
13. Target: April O'Neil
14. Mutagen Man Unleashed
15. A Chinatown Ghost Story
16. Plan 10
17. Mikey Gets Shellacne
18. Newtralized!
19. Fungus Humongous
20. The Mutation Situation
21. Invasion of the Squirrelanoids
22. Mazes and Mutants
23. Pizza Face

Added Chinatown Ghost Story and Into Dimension X.

Shark_Blade
09-29-2014, 09:50 AM
The Invasion
Vengeance is Mine
Into Dimension X
Slash and Destroy
The Wrath of Tiger Claw
Metalhead Rewired
Of Rats and Men
Wormquake