PDA

View Full Version : Would you play Mortal Kombat vs TMNT?

turtlefanforever
02-07-2014, 02:05 PM
There has been tons of cross over games similar in essence. Smash bros. play station all stars, marvel vs capcom, street fighter x tekken, and mortal Kombat vs dc universe. They have been making games with different characters for years, including Freddy Kruger, and Kratos. If they made a new game and put the 4 turtles in it or a MK vs TMNT game with different characters from the franchise (Casey jones, Karai, shredder, Krang for example) would you play it/buy it?

Whatswiththeheadbands?
02-07-2014, 02:18 PM
I would certainly try it, but I'm not really big on fighting games. I always lose in every fight:lol:

Ninjinister
02-07-2014, 02:30 PM
I don't think the game would fit the sensibilities that Nickelodeon would want to convey, but I certainly would if such a thing existed.

RaphAndDonnie
02-07-2014, 02:35 PM
In a heartbeat! I love TMNT and Mortal Kombat.

turtlefanforever
02-07-2014, 03:05 PM
I don't think the game would fit the sensibilities that Nickelodeon would want to convey, but I certainly would if such a thing existed.

But pretty much any other turtles would fit into it! The comics certainly with modification to looks. Mainly height . OT also with modifications to looks. I picture their style in the game (at least mikey) to be like Jamaican dance fighting,(sorry don't know the name of that style) and 2k3 absolutely fits into it! And for their fatality they can go all ninja tribunal. Just bad ass.

Memphis
02-07-2014, 05:47 PM
Absolutely yes if they used the original comic mentality of the turtles and didn't water down the overall product like DCvsMK.

turtlefanforever
02-07-2014, 05:56 PM
Absolutely yes if they used the original comic mentality of the turtles and didn't water down the overall product like DCvsMK.

Imagine it being like shaolin monks. That'd be amazing !

Powder
02-07-2014, 06:21 PM
But pretty much any other turtles would fit into it! The comics certainly with modification to looks. Mainly height . OT also with modifications to looks. I picture their style in the game (at least mikey) to be like Jamaican dance fighting,(sorry don't know the name of that style) and 2k3 absolutely fits into it! And for their fatality they can go all ninja tribunal. Just bad ass.

You miss his point. Nickelodeon, the property owners, would not let there be a game that has the same themes/level of violence as past MK titles. It's not a matter of Nick turtles not fitting in (though that's true).

Ninjinister
02-08-2014, 01:01 AM
You miss his point. Nickelodeon, the property owners, would not let there be a game that has the same themes/level of violence as past MK titles. It's not a matter of Nick turtles not fitting in (though that's true).

This is precisely what I meant. The most mature thing that's going on with the property right now outside of reprints is the IDW book, and even that seems more to be accessible by the younger generation than, say, Mirage. We'd need some straight-up Gang Wars level of violence for TMNT vs. MK to work and not end up neutered like MK vs. DCU.

ProactiveMan
02-08-2014, 10:37 AM
If it existed I would play it, but I suspect it couldn't be made in a way that would satisfy fans of both properties as well as their respective owners. It would be like Mortal Kombat vs DC, which was OK, but a bit soft for a Mortal Kombat game because DC wouldn't allow the various Super Friends to be involved in and visceral acts of bloody murder.

As a Mortal Kombat fan, I don't want another 'neutered' game in the series; as a TMNT fan, I don't want to see the Turtles explicitly eviscerating each other.

Slade
02-12-2014, 01:29 PM
I'd rather pit the turtles against street fighter.

turtlefanforever
02-12-2014, 02:22 PM
I'd rather pit the turtles against street fighter.

Or tekken.

Leo656
02-12-2014, 10:37 PM
Eh, f*ck it, I'd play it. It'd be an odd mix, for sure, but it wouldn't be the first time I played a game based solely on what it's about or who's in it. Might not be great or make sense but eh. That's kind of all I play fighting games anyway. I'm pretty weak at 'em, but I have fun messing around with 'em.

Tora
03-06-2014, 10:24 AM
Power Rangers vs TMNT would be the way to go. Turtles vs Rangers and Mutants Goons vs PR Monsters would give the game a lot to work with.

Andrew NDB
03-06-2014, 11:24 AM
With Fatalities and Mirage (alternate, if need be) skins? Hell yeah. It'd be like Tournament Fighters, but with teeth. You wouldn't even have to mess with the MK roster if you didn't want to... just continually pit the Turtles against each other and Shredder.

I mean, who would not want to see Raphael execute a Brutality? Or Leonardo fighting Shredder, ending in a decapitation Fatality?

shuriken
03-06-2014, 11:56 AM
^^ This pretty much. That would be awesome. Mirage or Image Turtles are the only TMNT that would actually work without having to tame MK.

turtlefanforever
03-06-2014, 01:50 PM
Power Rangers vs TMNT would be the way to go. Turtles vs Rangers and Mutants Goons vs PR Monsters would give the game a lot to work with.
like I said before a shoalin monks type game would be great for that
With Fatalities and Mirage (alternate, if need be) skins? Hell yeah. It'd be like Tournament Fighters, but with teeth. You wouldn't even have to mess with the MK roster if you didn't want to... just continually pit the Turtles against each other and Shredder.

I mean, who would not want to see Raphael execute a Brutality? Or Leonardo fighting Shredder, ending in a decapitation Fatality?

I would. I wouldn't necessarily want to see the turtles get ripped to shreds so if they can do an off screen fatality like mk vs dc that'd work.

oldmanwinters
03-06-2014, 05:18 PM
Yes.

Though I'd much rather have Capcom give us a TMNT entry.

MisfitKraang
03-06-2014, 08:30 PM
Yes totally i'm a huge fighting game fan my favorite fighting series is Tekken:D I'd prefer to see Tekken Vs TMNT over Mortal Kombat, but i'm not against it:) Personally however i think TMNT has enough characters just to be its own fighting game:D

pannoni1
03-07-2014, 06:36 AM
I wasn't keen on big fighters, having only played VR Troopers growing up (I got it when I was 10 and it was tame compared to the more violent titles on the other systems thanks to my moral guardians) and while I now have Tournament Fighters for Genesis, the first two MK's for Genesis and Street Fighter II for both SNES/Genesis, I would definitely try it out. This looks to be a great homebrew concept, and I prefer classic 16-bit action over 3D. I'm surprised with all of the homebrewing that there aren't more games of this type that have been made.

Nameless
03-10-2014, 10:40 AM
i'de defiantly play it... would i be happy about it is whole other matter...

Discogod
03-11-2014, 07:48 AM
Nope, MK was one of the worst fighting games to come out of that whole early 90s boom.

Now, if Capcom were to make a TMNT-themed fighting game along the lines of their X-Men/Marvel Vs. Streetfighter games, I'd be all in!

Shark_Blade
03-11-2014, 03:37 PM
Nope, MK was one of the worst fighting games to come out of that whole early 90s boom.

Now, if Capcom were to make a TMNT-themed fighting game along the lines of their X-Men/Marvel Vs. Streetfighter games, I'd be all in!

If it's worst it won't still be around today, even with a reboot and films/web series. Capcom's fighting games are too tame in comparison, MK has all the brutality and gore. Blood, gallons of the stuff! ;)

So yeah, if there's MK vs TMNT I'd definitely play it. :tcool:

Powder
03-11-2014, 04:25 PM
If it's worst it won't still be around today, even with a reboot and films/web series. Capcom's fighting games are too tame in comparison, MK has all the brutality and gore. Blood, gallons of the stuff! ;)

Your logic sucks.

Racism is still around today, does that mean it's not one of the worst flaws with society? Drugs that kill are popular, are they not bad? Just because things are successful/prominent doesn't mean they have merit. & gore doesn't improve gameplay mechanics. It's visual flare. Just sayin'.

Shark_Blade
03-11-2014, 04:57 PM
Your logic sucks.

Racism is still around today, does that mean it's not one of the worst flaws with society? Drugs that kill are popular, are they not bad?
Your reasoning's retarded.

Who the **** cares about racism in this topic, it's unrelated. Might as well add religion war and gender inequality.

Point is, if a franchise is unprofitable/doesn't have the audience pull, publishers won't pick it up and carry it on all these years.

Just because things are successful/prominent doesn't mean they have merit. Usually it does. What doesn't? ;)

& gore doesn't improve gameplay mechanics. It's visual flare. Just sayin'.That's why I said Capcom's fighting games are tame in comparison. ;)

The gameplay mechanic is a different story, one I never commented. I prefer MK of course.

Powder
03-11-2014, 05:14 PM
My reasoning is no less valid than yours. I'm making a point. Prominence doesn't determine quality, that's a fact. Take brainless films vs. psychological ones, mainstream music vs. indie artists, etc.

& the way you referred to the blood made it seem as if you feel a title is better because of it.

turtlefanforever
03-11-2014, 06:00 PM
That's its thing! Big part of it's selling point. There's also other modes were you can bleed freaking rainbows! And miss limbs! Like c'mon. That's a big part of it.

blindturtle02
03-11-2014, 06:44 PM
yes I'd definitely play a TMNT/MK crossover. Were you thinking Mirage or OT based in terms of turtles? I'd love interactible environments EG a technodrome with multiple levels, channel 6 news building, sewer lair etc. You could probably encorperate stuff with the Cybor Initiative and robotic foot soldiers. I'd love to see guys like Alpha One and Chrome Dome as playable characters. I think everyone, including the bosses like Shredder and Krang should be playable. You could have various skins for April such as Cat and Wasp. Same way with Baxterand Baxter Fly if character skins were an option. Not to mention Bebop and Rocksteady as well as their human and cybernetic clone skins. You'd have access to an enormous roster of characters from both franchises if such a game were possible. Arenas too. One of the things I liked about NRS's Injustice was the voice talent, so the creators would need to really impress me on that level in MK/TMNT as well. MK has been a fan fav of mine ever since 94 or so, so yeah I'd lay down the cash for it. I bought MK VS DC so this doesn't seem far fetched. And it's fun to day dream about fighting games that may never happen. So sue me. lol Wouldn't mind a multiverse spanning TMNT based fighting game, but that's another thread entirely. Someone should start that thread if there isn't one already.

turtlefanforever
03-11-2014, 11:30 PM
yes I'd definitely play a TMNT/MK crossover. Were you thinking Mirage or OT based in terms of turtles? I'd love interactible environments EG a technodrome with multiple levels, channel 6 news building, sewer lair etc. You could probably encorperate stuff with the Cybor Initiative and robotic foot soldiers. I'd love to see guys like Alpha One and Chrome Dome as playable characters. I think everyone, including the bosses like Shredder and Krang should be playable. You could have various skins for April such as Cat and Wasp. Same way with Baxterand Baxter Fly if character skins were an option. Not to mention Bebop and Rocksteady as well as their human and cybernetic clone skins. You'd have access to an enormous roster of characters from both franchises if such a game were possible. Arenas too. One of the things I liked about NRS's Injustice was the voice talent, so the creators would need to really impress me on that level in MK/TMNT as well. MK has been a fan fav of mine ever since 94 or so, so yeah I'd lay down the cash for it. I bought MK VS DC so this doesn't seem far fetched. And it's fun to day dream about fighting games that may never happen. So sue me. lol Wouldn't mind a multiverse spanning TMNT based fighting game, but that's another thread entirely. Someone should start that thread if there isn't one already.
Mirange or 2k3 base, with multiple skins of each carnation. (OT, TNM, 2k3)

Gabriel GP
03-11-2014, 11:37 PM
Of course that I would. MK9 is my favourite fighting game, and TMNT is my favourite franchise, so... But I have to say that I don't see TMNT in a MK game.

Cryomancer
03-12-2014, 11:23 AM
Yeah sure as long as the violence is there, as everyone else pretty much already said.

This would probably mean another MK with weapons though. Which reminds me that every time a new Soul Calibur comes out I end up making TMNT characters in it. They'd work well there if you throw in a time travel plot.

Leo656
03-12-2014, 12:24 PM
Which reminds me that every time a new Soul Calibur comes out I end up making TMNT characters in it. They'd work well there if you throw in a time travel plot.

:lol: I always do that too. And He-Man characters.

Gokhan
03-18-2014, 08:21 AM
There has been tons of cross over games similar in essence. Smash bros. play station all stars, marvel vs capcom, street fighter x tekken, and mortal Kombat vs dc universe. They have been making games with different characters for years, including Freddy Kruger, and Kratos. If they made a new game and put the 4 turtles in it or a MK vs TMNT game with different characters from the franchise (Casey jones, Karai, shredder, Krang for example) would you play it/buy it?

2 answer this question quite simply....Hell No