PDA

View Full Version : Greatest game that'll never happen

turtlefanforever
02-12-2014, 02:24 AM
Everyone has ideas of how games can be better or a game that would be so awesome but know it won't happen because you think it's a unique idea and you'd need to pitch it to someone or just plain licensing. So what TMNT game would you love to see but won't happen for whatever reason.

Powder
02-12-2014, 02:28 AM
-Nick series based sidescroller beat 'em up in the vein of Turtles In Time.
-Smash Bros Brawl kinda game done right (unlike Smash-Up) that includes characters/outfits/stages from all the vast TMNT universes.
-Third person Legend Of Zelda styled game based on the Mirage books.

Jester
02-12-2014, 02:32 AM
I'd love a Smash Up style game with a deeper roster. I mean the Turtles could have multiple skins from the Mirage Books to the FW series to the new IDW, Nick, Movie designs.

Heck, Mutant Melee was a better Smash Up than Smash Up was.

MST3KFan
02-12-2014, 05:30 AM
It may happen, but I doubt it... LEGO TMNT game.
It would include all the characters from the NICK toon, plus secret extra characters from the Mirage comics, 80s toon, and 90s live action movies.

Another game as awesome as Turtles in Time or even the original arcade game. Seriously, why not just do retro style and make a new game in the vein of the original arcade games? Stop 'trying' to emulate what made those games fun with new twists and actually just copy the old games. It works for Mario games, it'd work here.

A Tenchu-like TMNT stealth game. They're ninjas and to me the Tenchu games were fun and of course, as close to making you feel like a ninja as possible.

The Fifth Turtle
02-12-2014, 08:44 AM
-Nick series based sidescroller beat 'em up in the vein of Turtles In Time.
-Smash Bros Brawl kinda game done right (unlike Smash-Up) that includes characters/outfits/stages from all the vast TMNT universes.
-Third person Legend Of Zelda styled game based on the Mirage books.

Zelda styled TMNT game? Yes please!

turtlefanforever
02-12-2014, 01:10 PM
Kingdom hearts type TMNT game

Gabriel GP
02-12-2014, 01:29 PM
A game where you could explore NY freely, and that had a similar gameplay to batman, like the OotS tried to do, but didn't end up so well. And of course, it would have a 4 players co-op online and offline.

Aaronardo
02-12-2014, 02:22 PM
Third person Legend Of Zelda styled game based on the Mirage books.

So much freaking win.

turtlefanforever
02-12-2014, 02:24 PM
Mortal Kombat shoalin monks. Walk around freely, pick up objects off the ground to use in battle, ect. That game was awesome.

raph27
02-12-2014, 04:45 PM
LEGO TMNT.
based on Nick, has lots of Nick characters, a few secret classic characters, NYC open world with sewers as main base, lots of vehicles......
Man that would be sweet.

Oh, and bug testing for OOTS. :tlol:

Michelangelo
02-12-2014, 06:25 PM
3rd person action game - like batman arkham city but in NYC with tmnts.
2d fighting game - like mortal kombat 9 (the latest one).
2d side scrolling beat'em up - in the style of streets of rage 2 but obviously with better graphics etc.

TMNT is long over due for a AAA current gen game. The last 2 attempts have have been fun but I think we all really want to see the attention that has been given to batman be given to the tmnts. I think we really need an open world environment to immersed in and the game mechanics should employ stealth and action at least. Vehicles will be a must too. There is so much material just sitting there waiting to be turned into one of the most awesome games ever.
If we get a movie tie in game I hope we get something that isn't all button mashing foot soldier killing humdrum. Also it will probably be last gen if the game comes out with the movie. Otherwise, if the new film does really well then perhaps they could make a new current gen game and really give it all the love the tmnts have been missing for so long.

turtlefanforever
02-12-2014, 07:45 PM
But with a different premise. You start in one universe. And maybe Donnie or something wants to learn more about the world and stumbles upon another turtleverse and you are going through all the universes fighting the bad guys but it is a freerome universe . There will be levels for the comics, excluding IDW too new, not developed enough not nick either for the same reasons. But yes comics, FW, 2k3, and maybe even side levels for when you beat the games, like movie mode and next mutation .

MikeandRaph87
02-12-2014, 07:56 PM
I'd love a Smash Up style game with a deeper roster. I mean the Turtles could have multiple skins from the Mirage Books to the FW series to the new IDW, Nick, Movie designs.

Heck, Mutant Melee was a better Smash Up than Smash Up was.

This.

Also, a free roam game with the 1987 cartoon as the main influence as a calllback to the 5 beat ups of the first generation.

FoxBoxKid
02-12-2014, 10:02 PM
TMNT is long over due for a AAA current gen game. The last 2 attempts have have been fun but I think we all really want to see the attention that has been given to batman be given to the tmnts. I think we really need an open world environment to immersed in and the game mechanics should employ stealth and action at least. Vehicles will be a must too. There is so much material just sitting there waiting to be turned into one of the most awesome games ever.

This. I think it would take inspiration from Assassin's Creed as well as Arkham City, and maybe character switching a la GTA V.

turtlefanforever
02-12-2014, 10:27 PM
This. I think it would take inspiration from Assassin's Creed as well as Arkham City, and maybe character switching a la GTA V.

So you'd be open to the idea of vigilante turtles? Running up in broad daylight being the bad guys? Murdering stealing ect

FoxBoxKid
02-13-2014, 12:17 AM
So you'd be open to the idea of vigilante turtles? Running up in broad daylight being the bad guys? Murdering stealing ect

No, I mean being able to switch between Leo, Don, Raph and Mike in a similar way to switching between Franklin, Michael, and Trevor.

ProactiveMan
02-13-2014, 12:40 AM
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles the Movie the Game, with digitised rubber suit graphics.

Shred87
02-16-2014, 09:51 AM
I'd love beat em up that combines out of the shadows and turtles in time that incorporates all aspects of the franchise... Give me similar fighting mechanics as out of the shadows with each turtle having specials, all classic characters, but based around classic comic storylines.

Love to be able to play missions as Casey jones and raph together...

Give me a tmnt game modeled after the marvel ultimate alliance games... Cram as many characters as possible into it.

raphael_is_cool
02-16-2014, 12:09 PM
I definitely think something Arkham City-esque would be great. With some work, I think the OotS combat could really shine...basically, just make it a little quicker and more responsive. On top of that, could add in more weapon types and unique animations for whole the turtles' weapons react to them (e.g. bo staff has to deflect a sword, sai can block and hold the blade for a disarm)

In terms of setting, I'd maybe go towards that old Mirage-style except tweak it a little to suit a game (again, the same as the Arkham games did). Even putting it in the '80s might make a refreshing change, especially if it had a cool noir artstyle like Telltale's 'The Wolf Among Us'.

I would have the very opening based on Leonardo #1/Shredder Strikes Back, so you've got all your turtles almost fully souped-up like that 'Taste of Power' thing games do. Then after a crushing defeat, they'd have to recover and regroup in Northampton, where you can do some cool countryside stuff as well as perhaps meditation/dream sequence sections as the tutorial.

Then it simply becomes about the turtles reestablishing their place in the city and hitting back at Shredder.

shuriken
02-16-2014, 12:35 PM
An IDW sandbox like game, loosely base it on the comic (for example use certain events as starting points but not the story ver batum).
It would have the main TMNT story where you start out with Either Mikey, Leo or Don battling Old Hob's goons or as Raph on his own in search of his brothers.
-Each turtle would play slightly differently each having an advantage in one area
-Raph could be the strongest (Attacks are stronger, but slower)
-Mikey the fastest (attacks the fastest but is slightly weaker)
-Donnie could have the best defense (have more counter based attacks)
-Leo could be the most well rounded

You'd have different side missions, a stealth aspect to it that requires one to be ninja-esque, and various vehicle you can find and upgrade like in GTA.
Missions could include
-breaking into Stockgen and looking for ooze canisters and clues to their origin
-searching various dump site for supplies/ potential weapons
-Helping out citizens in need by using stealth and quickness and disposing of your enemies without being seen.
-Training runs that help improve your stats (sewer runs, rooftop runs and alley runs).
-Help out the Neutrinos rebellion against Krang.
-Infiltrating both the Technodrome and the Foot headquarters.
-Facing off against different Bosses, Hob, Slash, Alopex, Karai, Shredder, Krang, Bebop, Rocksteady, Kitsune, Granitor, the Savate leader, Baxter and Hun come to mind.

There can also be a vs mode where you start out with just the four turtles, but as the game progresses, you unlock a larger roster from the IDWverse. Characters could include any and all bosses that you have defeated, and allies that you come accross, which could include but not be limited to Casey, April, The Neutrinos, Angel, Splinter and Fugitoid.

A Short 2-d Side scroller mode that lets up to four friends battle hordes of Mousers, Purple Dragons, Thugs, Stone Warriors and Foot ninjas over 10 levels like the old school beat em ups (this mode has to be unlocked and can also unlock various TMNT skins based on different artists much like the Arkham Asylum games.)

In addition to that after beating the VS mode with a character you can unlock a short story mode for one of the villains (Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady, Hob, Karai, Krang and Baxter). And you could also unlock various skins for the characters spanning multiple universes.

THAT would be amazing.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
02-16-2014, 01:11 PM
An Arkham Origins styled TMNT game. Made by Rocksteady.

Awwwwwww Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaah!8)

Shred87
02-16-2014, 01:23 PM
An Arkham Origins styled TMNT game. Made by Rocksteady.

Awwwwwww Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaah!8)
That would be unbelievable

turtlefanforever
02-16-2014, 02:22 PM
Point of view in the sense, you get what it's like to be in the other persons shoes. Not like actually seeing through their eyes I hate those, it'd still be third person. But like shredder or bebop or krang and their rise to power and hate of the turtles, kinda like resident evil raccoon city.

hitmonkey
02-16-2014, 02:47 PM
A Marvel: Ultimate Alliance-style TMNT game. All the major characters, multiple skins, the works. I'd never stop playing the thing.

Tora
02-17-2014, 03:33 PM
A complete re-haul of the 1st NES TMNT with modern graphics and replacing the random and weird henchmen with characters from the 87 cartoon.

Crabfight
02-26-2014, 03:47 PM
Sadly, most of the games I would really enjoy have already been tried, just not with very much success.

I think the Smash Up idea is awesome. Do it again, but way better: more characters, better balancing, etc. Out of the Shadows was a great idea too, and it really wasn't terrible in my opinion. Actually, I'm sure some updates to the game could make it pretty sweet. Either way, the Arkham-style route is a pretty cool idea.

Other games that haven't been tried? I think the Lego TMNT idea is cool. Would work perfectly.

I might be alone in this next one, but I think taking the Dynasty Warriors formula and applying it to the turtles could be really cool, kinda like how the Hyrule Warriors is doing for Zelda. Granted, it's not very ninja-esque for the turtles to be fighting so in the open, but I think having them square off against hundreds and hundreds of opponents could be really fun. They could fight in the streets, in the sewers, off world, in some sort of compound, feudal japan, etc. They could fight against foot soldiers, mousers, purple dragons, stone warriors, Kraang, mutants, etc. Not a huge departure from the beat em up style of the past, just on a grander scale with upgrading capabilities.

Whatever the game is though, it's GOTTA be 4-player. I like how OOTS did its multiplayer with 2 player local, 4 player online. Though I would suggest they provide options for split screen. That HUD was terrible.

Candy Kappa
02-26-2014, 04:15 PM
Fix OotS and make it a 40 hrs game with more story and challenges, increase the arcade version with levels from games of yore, and more familiar faces and bosses. Unlock-able characters and add local 4 player story-mode.

I don't know if OotS already have this, but it would be nice to invited friends to your game so they can just jump in while you play and help you.

Cowabungawolf89
02-27-2014, 02:48 AM
Basically a TMNT game that has similar gameplay to Arkham city like some people said that or kinda like Marvel Alliance, or even like the Rockstar game The Warriors. Also you switch between the four turtles just like OOTS and the Nick game does as well as other swap them for other allies like Master Splinter, Casey or April unless you perfer to keep them NPCs. Also you have the chance to use whatever skin you want for the turtles, the 80s mirage, 80s cartoon, 90s movies 2k3, 2k7, new turtles, and initial skins for the game itself. Some cutscenes can be FMVS and comic swipes. Also made for game characters like a rival group of warriors that can start off as enemies and later allies.

samxsteal
03-01-2014, 02:52 PM
An IDW sandbox like game, loosely base it on the comic (for example use certain events as starting points but not the story ver batum).
It would have the main TMNT story where you start out with Either Mikey, Leo or Don battling Old Hob's goons or as Raph on his own in search of his brothers.
-Each turtle would play slightly differently each having an advantage in one area
-Raph could be the strongest (Attacks are stronger, but slower)
-Mikey the fastest (attacks the fastest but is slightly weaker)
-Donnie could have the best defense (have more counter based attacks)
-Leo could be the most well rounded

You'd have different side missions, a stealth aspect to it that requires one to be ninja-esque, and various vehicle you can find and upgrade like in GTA.
Missions could include
-breaking into Stockgen and looking for ooze canisters and clues to their origin
-searching various dump site for supplies/ potential weapons
-Helping out citizens in need by using stealth and quickness and disposing of your enemies without being seen.
-Training runs that help improve your stats (sewer runs, rooftop runs and alley runs).
-Help out the Neutrinos rebellion against Krang.
-Infiltrating both the Technodrome and the Foot headquarters.
-Facing off against different Bosses, Hob, Slash, Alopex, Karai, Shredder, Krang, Bebop, Rocksteady, Kitsune, Granitor, the Savate leader, Baxter and Hun come to mind.

There can also be a vs mode where you start out with just the four turtles, but as the game progresses, you unlock a larger roster from the IDWverse. Characters could include any and all bosses that you have defeated, and allies that you come accross, which could include but not be limited to Casey, April, The Neutrinos, Angel, Splinter and Fugitoid.

A Short 2-d Side scroller mode that lets up to four friends battle hordes of Mousers, Purple Dragons, Thugs, Stone Warriors and Foot ninjas over 10 levels like the old school beat em ups (this mode has to be unlocked and can also unlock various TMNT skins based on different artists much like the Arkham Asylum games.)

In addition to that after beating the VS mode with a character you can unlock a short story mode for one of the villains (Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady, Hob, Karai, Krang and Baxter). And you could also unlock various skins for the characters spanning multiple universes.

THAT would be amazing.

This would rock

Basically a TMNT game that has similar gameplay to Arkham city like some people said that or kinda like Marvel Alliance, or even like the Rockstar game The Warriors. Also you switch between the four turtles just like OOTS and the Nick game does as well as other swap them for other allies like Master Splinter, Casey or April unless you perfer to keep them NPCs. Also you have the chance to use whatever skin you want for the turtles, the 80s mirage, 80s cartoon, 90s movies 2k3, 2k7, new turtles, and initial skins for the game itself. Some cutscenes can be FMVS and comic swipes. Also made for game characters like a rival group of warriors that can start off as enemies and later allies.
ANd this would rock

turtlefanforever
03-01-2014, 04:13 PM
A kingdom hearts game could really work. With all the stuff nick owns. But it'd be too playful. Cause of what they own, I don't know what they would put into it unless that go way back. Kingdom hearts is both intense and playful has that gritty feel to it. It could work if nick reached back into the 90's early 2000s but they would have to follow suit and use the 90's(87') turtles. I could see them teaming up with 'really really big man" from Rockos modern life. A level with the people from "AHH, real monsters" there can be a serious villain from there because they are monsters after all. Teamning up with 'Doug' in his super hero alternative of course. Spongebob has to be put in there just because of pure popularity but it could work and not screw up the feel of the game, because plankton can be in an android suit much like Krang. Maybe Pinky and the Brain are evil, and make mousers? Makes sense after all because Brain just wants to take over the world. The animaniacs would work wonders in this game as well. Feel free to throw your ideas into this hat as well.

SlashMaster
03-18-2014, 11:14 AM
I would just love any game with the current IDW characters!

Lou 500
05-02-2014, 04:39 PM
How about a game where the storyline spans years and the turtles actually age? They'd get bigger, aquire more scars, maybe even a lost limb or eye so the way that character fights would change slightly too.

Other ideas for gameplay variety:

- An ability to use objects around them as weapons, not just their main weapons (there could even be a level/chapter where they lose them). Like throwing trash cans, whacking people with brooms and generally usiung the city enviroment to their advantage.

- Donnie's smarts could be incorporated somehow, possibly as mini puzzle games where the player figures out how to put contraptions together that they can use to help them during fights or accessing other areas of the city; there could even be a scrap collecting side quest.

- Trading items with unquestioning vagabond merchants.

Konchadunga
05-02-2014, 05:02 PM
It may happen, but I doubt it... LEGO TMNT game.
It would include all the characters from the NICK toon, plus secret extra characters from the Mirage comics, 80s toon, and 90s live action movies.

I don't think it's all that unlikely, actually, but I don't like TT's so-called Lego games much, and their combat is too spineless for their take to be the big improvement this series needs.

Another game as awesome as Turtles in Time or even the original arcade game.

What the shell? TiT is way more awesome than the original arcade game, which is deliberately shallow crap when you take off the goggles; only beatable with extra quarters or the Konami Code.

Seriously, why not just do retro style and make a new game in the vein of the original arcade games? Stop 'trying' to emulate what made those games fun with new twists and actually just copy the old games. It works for Mario games, it'd work here.

You might be surprised. The NSMB formula is wearing out its welcome for a lot of people. There actually is the game you seek in the form of the 2007 GBA game, but I don't think you could do that sort of retro beat-em-up endlessly without getting tired.

My answer would be Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Warriors. Tecmo Koei is better at recreating the old arcadey feel in 3D with more depth than anyone else I know of, and they put in a lot of characters to boot. Somehow, they have the idea to make a Disney-themed game instead. Weird, though I admit seeing Will Vandom beating down legions of foes would be worth a whole game to me.

Kendamu
05-03-2014, 01:59 AM
Some $15 2D side scrolling beat 'em up of the TMNT Arcade, Turtles in Time, or TMNT '07 (GBA) level of playability with both local and online multiplayer.

bmxbandit
05-03-2014, 09:49 PM
would love a great open world style game with parkour mechanics like assassin's creed mixed with the stealth action of tenchu. that would be ideal!

bsmfx
05-08-2014, 05:30 PM
Anyone remember the PS2/Xbox game for Spider-Man 2? Great fighting, upgradable/unlockable moves and skills, free-roam NYC, randomly generated crimes and side missions, awesome boss-fights!?!

Yeah, that. But multiplayer-style TMNT, please and thank you. :tgrin:

Nameless
05-08-2014, 05:32 PM
would love a great open world style game with parkour mechanics like assassin's creed mixed with the stealth action of tenchu. that would be ideal!

i was thinking of a GTA open world style at first but i like this idea more.

rickwj324
05-08-2014, 07:41 PM
I would love an "Arkham" type game either in the Nick style or maybe a more gritty realistic style.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
05-09-2014, 07:42 AM
Anyone remember the PS2/Xbox game for Spider-Man 2? Great fighting, upgradable/unlockable moves and skills, free-roam NYC, randomly generated crimes and side missions, awesome boss-fights!?!

This. I'd so pre order that in a heartbeat.

miru
05-09-2014, 05:01 PM
Mighty Mutanimals game similar to The Lost Vikings.

A game like The Simpsons: Tapped Out, where you collect various TMNT characters for your sewer.

KirkyMonster
05-09-2014, 11:52 PM
I want a combat racing game with the vehicles from the toy line.

MsMarvelDuckie
05-10-2014, 08:13 PM

How about combine the two, and mix in Marvel Ultimate Alliance team tactics for multi-player function or character-switching, and you'd have something REALLY awesome! And the M:UA aspect would work for adding new skins, unlocking characters, etc., too!

Netkeeper
05-12-2014, 01:05 PM
My dream TMNT game would be almost entirely stealth-based, action elements when necessary. But I want emphasis to be on STEALTH, where the player is rewarded for actually being a ninja instead of "beat the **** out of people: the game. stealth optional". Punishments for getting into fights or killing enemies would be implemented.

I'm a huge Metal Gear fan, okay?

PizzaPower
05-12-2014, 07:27 PM
I would love another tmnt game similar to Battle Nexus on the PS2.

miru
05-12-2014, 08:42 PM
My dream TMNT game would be almost entirely stealth-based, action elements when necessary. But I want emphasis to be on STEALTH, where the player is rewarded for actually being a ninja instead of "beat the **** out of people: the game. stealth optional". Punishments for getting into fights or killing enemies would be implemented.

I'm a huge Metal Gear fan, okay?

I can imagine it now: the turtles have to wait for Dirtbag to go underground to attack the Technodrome.

Zachatello00
05-13-2014, 04:05 PM
I've always thought a Mario kart like game would be fun.

slingtheory
05-15-2014, 07:33 PM
All I really want right now is a game based based in the idw universe with an open world new york and a focus on free flow combat and stealth.

RedRocBoy
05-23-2014, 07:38 AM
3rd person action game - like batman arkham city but in NYC with tmnts.
2d fighting game - like mortal kombat 9 (the latest one).
2d side scrolling beat'em up - in the style of streets of rage 2 but obviously with better graphics etc.

If we get a movie tie in game I hope we get something that isn't all button mashing foot soldier killing humdrum. Also it will probably be last gen if the game comes out with the movie. Otherwise, if the new film does really well then perhaps they could make a new current gen game and really give it all the love the tmnts have been missing for so long.
You are correct. :tcool::tcool::tcool:

Bry
05-29-2014, 12:35 PM

This is such a simple idea and it's mind-boggling that they didn't see it through with Smash-Up. I enjoyed that game for what it was, but it had so much missed potential. There are an absolute ton of different characters they could have thrown in the mix, and a whole multiverse of alternate costumes/looks that were just ignored.

Nameless
05-29-2014, 07:31 PM
This is such a simple idea and it's mind-boggling that they didn't see it through with Smash-Up. I enjoyed that game for what it was, but it had so much missed potential. There are an absolute ton of different characters they could have thrown in the mix, and a whole multiverse of alternate costumes/looks that were just ignored.

ya i was defiantly disappointed in Smash-Up.... here I'm thinking 2 of my favourite things coming together in greatness... instead we got a disappointment...

slingtheory
06-11-2014, 11:41 PM
so after watching this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpVy5CPGZbE&feature=share&list=PLZLTS4u9M_2q0P22sdcaQTl2kjYlMF6WY
i cant help but imagine how awesome a turtle game done in this style would be, minus the daytime mingling with crowds of course. it hits all the marks you could ask for. open city, parkour, 4 player co-op, focus on stealth and teamwork, and I'm pretty sure there's freeflow combat. almost makes me wish ubisoft could have another shot at the license.

neatoman
07-08-2014, 07:29 AM
I want a good fighting game with a large roster. That's not so hard is it? Just clone Street fighter 4 and put TMNT characters in it.

pingclang
07-08-2014, 09:43 AM
I would like Out of the Shadows done as awesome as we originally thought with a deeper combat engine that allowed for better skills and moves that weren't so awkward. Also have the Turtles and story pure Mirage with a black & white color option. THAT would be a Turtles game I could love.

Panther10
07-10-2014, 03:10 PM
It might sound a little contrived but I would love to see an Assassins creed type game featuring the turtles. There should be plenty of parkour, stealth, ninjitsu based combat and most importantly a very large sandbox environment. From the tallest skyscrapers of manhattan to the deepest sewers and you should even be allowed to travel to the other burroughs of New York. Just like OOTS the game should feature all four turtles in action together functioning as a team.

Cry4Ugly
07-10-2014, 04:35 PM
I'd like a third person, co-op, adventure game for Wii U. One player plays on the game pad and goes a different route. Puzzles solved and actions taken can effect the other players route, and both players would get 2 turtles to switch from. I don't know if there is any game like that, but I like the idea.

CowabungaMikey
07-15-2014, 04:46 AM
A game were you play as the modern Turtles, that messed up some dimension-portals. Now you have to play as all the Turtles, from 1984 to 2014, to finally get back to your own dimension.

Example: When the Turtles are in the OT they look and sound like the OT Turtles. Just an idea I had a couple of weeks ago.

bsmfx
07-22-2014, 06:24 PM
You'd have to get into a disguise, or be VERY sneaky, when going above ground. A large sewer system to explore(or use as a quick-travel system), with a large "home-base" area similar to the batcave in the Arkham games...with Splinter spitting the wisdom every time you walk by. Multiple weapons, too...like upgradable weapons. Like Onimusha!

Man, I'm having all kinda flashbacks from my ps1-ps2 days! This is a great thread!

arkangel
07-22-2014, 08:14 PM
Mike Pondsmith has now decided that he won't be doing a table top / pen and paper rpg version of the upcoming Cyberpunk 2070 video game.
Even the Cyberpunk 2070 video game is starting to feel like vaporware.. :ohwell:

miru
08-06-2014, 03:41 PM
I've recently been in the mood for TMNT getting a large-scale fighting game similar to MvC2. Here's my roster wishlist, compromising 50+ characters from throughout TMNT history, in alphabetical order. Bold characters are default, while the rest are unlockable.

* Agent Bishop
* Alopex
* Alpha-1 (headswapped Foot Soldier)
* Antrax
* April O'Neil
* Armaggon
* Aska
* Attilla the Frog
* Baxter-Fly
* Baxter-Mech
* Bebop
* Bloodsucker
* Carter
* Casey Jones
* Cha Ocho (Headswapped Foot Soldier)
* Chote
* Ch'rell
* Chromedome
* Commander Mozar
* Dark Don
* Dark Leo
* Dark Mike
* Dark Raph
* Dirtbag
* Dogpound
* Donatello
* Dreadmon
* Fishface
* Foot Soldier
* Fugitoid
* General Tragg
* Genghis Frog
* Groundchuck
* Hamato Yoshi
* Hothead the Warrior Dragon
* Hun
* Irma
* Jagwar
* Karai
* Kraang Prime/Krang
* Kraang Sub-Prime
* Leatherhead
* Leonardo
* Lord Dregg
* Marshall Moo Montana
* Max Winters
* Merdude
* Metalhead
* Michaelangelo
* Miyamoto Usagi
* Mona Lisa
* Mondo Gecko
* Mutagen Man
* Muckman
* Nano
* Napoleon Bonafrog
* Newtralizer
* Ninjara
* Nobody
* Officer Dragon
* Old Hob
* Panda Khan
* Pimiko
* Pizzaface
* Princess Mitsu
* Quarry
* Rahzar
* Raphael
* Rat King
* Rasputin the Mad Frog
* Ray Fillet
* Renet
* Rocksteady
* Sash Lilac
* Savanti Romero
* Scaletail
* Scratch
* Scumbug
* Shredder
* Sh'okanbo
* Silver Sentry
* Slash
* Slashurr
* Snakeweed
* Sonic the Hedgehog
* Splinter
* Tattoo
* Tatsu
* Tempestra
* TigerClaw
* Titanus
* Traximus
* Tokka
* Usub Gerstalk
* Ultimate Ninja
* Vam Mi
* Venus Di Milo
* Walkabout
* War
* Wingnut and Screwloose
* Wyrm
* Zanamaron
* Zog

DarkFell
09-01-2014, 04:39 PM
I would find it funny if the next TMNT game followed the TF2 formula. All chars from '87 to current TMNT could be playable. (Great idea for those who want a weird TMNT game that does away with the usual TMNT gameplay.)

Okay, if everyone else wants me to be serious now, how about an online TMNT game that is like Marvel Super Hero Squad (minus the child-like appearances on the characters?) Best part of that game - you can also 'buy' both additional heroes and villains and play as them in missions or whatever. Or you can try the Disney Infinity or Skylanders formula if you want to shell out money for the characters.

Davetello
09-02-2014, 12:15 PM
Yeah, anything Turtles which borrows element from Zelda, Arkham or Assassin's Creed would be very nice. The main plot events of the first volume of Mirage would be an excellent storyline.

Powder's idea of Zelda-themed TMNT sounds especially good. Could have 'bosses' which only certain turtles can fight and beat, for varying reasons. Like Donatello faces Baxter as only he possesses the genius to beat him, Leo decapitates Shredder again etc. Could even make Splinter playable and have him slay the Rat King as a deviation to what goes on in "City at War".

Can you imagine being Leo and having to face waves of enemies such as in "What Goes Around Comes Around?". And ultimately the scene would be scripted to have him thrown through April's window anyway. Can you imagine having to control only one turtle as the Foot invade April's home?

nellyp
09-04-2014, 01:02 PM
A game where you could explore NY freely, and that had a similar gameplay to batman, like the OotS tried to do, but didn't end up so well. And of course, it would have a 4 players co-op online and offline.

Agreed, an open world sandbox style game would be awesome. You could leap from rooftop to rooftop or travel in secret through the sewer sytems in a full map. Also having vehicles like motorcycles or a van to drive around in would be awesome.

Having 4 player co-op would really add to the brotherly vibe of the game and allow for team up combat. If playing Solo the game could have an option for you to drop in on the other turtles if in different locations and take over their missions.

Out of the shadows was too fenced in that you couldn't even go down the wrong side of a building. Very disappointing. Too bad Activision doesn't invest a lot of money in their turtles games cause this could really be special.

Candy Kappa
09-04-2014, 01:14 PM
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/247/9/3/april_and_donnie_ready_for_portal_play_by_candykap pa-d7xx59i.jpg

This would have been pretty entertaining. :lol: