PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys believe Bishop really reformed in FF?

TurtleFan2012
02-13-2014, 05:58 PM
It's nice that Fast Forward gave Stockman and Bishop a happy ending, but do you think they could go back to their bad ways? I was expecting Bishop to turn a 180 on the turtles, but he never did.

Technogeek29
02-13-2014, 07:32 PM
Well Bishop isn't really evil. He was a very gray character the Turtles and Splinter were just a means to an ends.

Icebot
02-13-2014, 08:12 PM
I think what made Bishop bad in the first place is his abduction by aliens in the 19th Century. That made him not trust aliens and he thought he needed to go to war with aliens and became leader of the Earth Protection Force. Eventually, the Earth Protection Force turned into the Pan Galactic Aliance, which is like the United Nations only it's for outer space. That's when Bishop realized that this was a better way to protect the earth instead of going to war with aliens.

By this time, Bishop learned to trust aliens, so no, I don't see him going back to being a bad guy in the future.

MikeandRaph87
02-13-2014, 08:22 PM
Agent Bishop is one of the villain type that does not see what he does as evil but does it for the great good in his warped sesne. You know like Ra's willing to elliminate a portion of the Earth's population ot create a second Eden to protect the Earth's interest? Well, John Bishop like Ra's thinks its his mission to protect the planet. However in his case its to preserve the human race from the threat of life on other planets following his abudction experience in late 1814. He thought the best way to fight off an invasion was to experiment with dna to create a super powered army to defend the planet which included experiments nad torture of captured alien specimens and sampleso f the dna of mutants which he believed held the key to creating a super solider army. That would include the possibility of killing harmless (and some harmful) mutants as a means to an end for the greater good. His misguided nature would become clear gradually 49 years from the then present. Instead of torturing and creating a force to stop any alien from setting foot on Earth he got over the notion that any life foreign of Earth is automatically evil and lead a movement of peace as aliens were encountered as an alternative and more effective measure of protecting his beloved planet.

909 Turtle Fan
02-13-2014, 08:52 PM
Stockman yes. Bishop maybe.

DarkLightDragon
02-14-2014, 07:47 AM
Bishop was just a well-intentioned extremist. A villain with some gray moral to him than just "I'm evil just cause'" like most of the other big villains of the show. So calling him an 'actual' villain is a tad sketchy.

He was basically someone who thought he was doing something good, but committed villainous actions to achieve his goals. The fact that he was experimented on by aliens in the 1800's kind of justified his reasons to want to protect Earth from outer world threats. He thought the only way to counter the threat was through war and experimentation on subjects (like that poor guy from Dragon's Brew who became a spider-like mutant).

So do I believe he reformed? Well yes.

A lot can happen in that long of a time period to make people think or behave differently then they did in the past, and something probably did make Bishop think otherwise, learn from his mistakes and try to atone from them.

(Just now realized this makes him sound a lot like Max Winters from the 07' movie. Funny).

victory_angel
02-14-2014, 01:21 PM
Bishop was more of an anti-hero then a villain. His intentions were good, he was wanting to protect earth from threats brought on by Space Aliens. However he fails to consider the face their were good Aliens in additions to the bad ones. Or that there are non-human creatures (The Turtles and Co) who are also trying to do the same thing he was trying to do which was protect the planet from outside threats.

And it was that lab accident in which he was rescued by one of the very Aliens that he was experimenting on that he began to realize that not all aliens were a threat. So he started the Pan Galactic Alliance to join with Alien cultures in peace, and not war.

JH24
02-16-2014, 12:47 PM
Bishop eventually did see the error of his ways. (He admitted/realized that he did so many horrible things) The abduction by aliens seemed to have made such a mental impact on him that it very well could have changed his "old" personality forever.

We know he changed bodies over time to stay alive, I wouldn't be surprised that with each transfer he lost or forgot a part of his personality and humanity, as if each time part of the "old" John Bishop died with it. After all, he seemed to genuinely enjoy experimenting and torturing Michelangelo when they first met. As well as betraying a close friend, tearing the man's family a part and turning him into a mutant.

Bishop's desire to protect the Earth made him obsessed over the years, making himself believe he was above the Earth he's supposed to protect and that only he understood what would be best for humanity. I really like how the alien saving him in the future was what brought Bishop back to his senses, showing he still had some humanity left.

He's one of my favorite characters of the 2k3 series. An interesting character with a lot of depth. As Earth's leader he could do much more good for humanity than when he simply would be punished for his deeds. It's his way of redemption.

Shiro Kame
05-25-2014, 04:09 PM
I think, yes. He was never really evil, just misguided. After his experience, he would most definitely become a xenophobe, which escalated into him becoming a well-intentioned extremist until one of the aliens that he had tortured saved him when it could have either just escaped or gotten his vengeance on Bishop. This changed his view of aliens, which eventually led to him forming and becoming the head of the Pan Galactic Alliance.

Blackeyedsonic
06-03-2014, 02:01 PM
Um yes but I wish he did jail time or something