PDA

View Full Version : Favorite 4kids game (3D)

Icebot
02-13-2014, 07:37 PM
Out of the 3 TMNT 3D (Gamecube / Playstation 2 / X Box) games that were made based on the 4kids series, which one did you like best, the first game, TMNT 2: Battle Nexus or TMNT 3: Mutant Nightmare?

turtlefanforever
02-13-2014, 08:43 PM
But I was really into the first one.

Redeemer
02-13-2014, 09:23 PM
I never got to finish the third one, but the first was definitely better, I didn't get to finish the third Mutant Nightmare,but I have to say it is probably the best and my favorite.

Memphis
02-13-2014, 10:29 PM
I say Battle Nexus. I was in love with the box art.

CyberCubed
02-15-2014, 10:11 PM
TMNT III mutant nightmare

shuriken
02-16-2014, 02:10 AM
I have the fondest memories of Battle Nexus. So that one.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
02-16-2014, 05:27 AM
Probably Battle nexus.

oldmanwinters
02-16-2014, 08:24 AM
I actually found the Game Boy Advance games to be more entertaining than their console counterparts. I never got to play TMNT3 on the DS though.

Brockon21
02-16-2014, 03:19 PM
Mutant Nightmare 3 gave me some of the best memories and was so challenging to beat!

oldmanwinters
02-17-2014, 04:23 PM
Mutant Nightmare 3 gave me some of the best memories and was so challenging to beat!

I was afraid I wouldn't like the level-up system of that game because it might make the gameplay too convoluted and overuse that "Mystic Turtle" designs or whatever they were called. But I did come to find the game quite enjoyable over time (got frustrating to try and play it for long single sittings, but worked nicely in small installments over a month or so). I liked even being able to use some alternate characters like April and Casey as Turtle substitutes during some of the shooting missions.

Shred87
02-17-2014, 08:54 PM
Only played the first... Are the other worth checking out?

oldmanwinters
02-17-2014, 08:58 PM
Only played the first... Are the other worth checking out?

If you have high standards for video games, probably not.

But if you're a Turtles fan who has some patience to work your way through the nuances of the game. Yeah, I'd recommend them all. Still haven't beaten TMNT2 Battle Nexus though... one of these days I should get around to that.

It's a neat feature that emulated versions of the classic Arcade games are in TMNT2 & 3, but it doesn't quite translate as well to the PS2-era systems. Also, all the background music and many SFXs were changed... not for the better, but I guess primarily out of legal concerns or laziness.

Leo656
02-17-2014, 09:47 PM
I played the first one the most, I thought it was the most fun, but I liked all three. I kind of thought 2 was the worst. My copy kept glitching late in the game during the fight with Hun and he kept going and staying invincible, so I never got to finish it.

Icebot
02-20-2014, 05:44 PM
My favorite is Battle Nexus. I loved how they did the map like in Super Mario World and especially Slashuur.

Aaronardo
02-21-2014, 07:36 AM
Going with the consoles, TMNT 1. It was a pretty simple yet fun beat-em-up and had nice, responsive controls. Battle Nexus wasn't the greatest with responsive controls, and when that happens, it's not really fun playing the game. (Also, this only has to do with my being bad at this certain level, but that damn Fugitoid level!) I never played Mutant Nightmare, but I plan on finding it.

Going with the handhelds (which, are by far, way more superior than the console counterparts), I'd go for Battle Nexus. TMNT 1 GBA is just like its console counterpart, but 2D. Just a simple yet fun beat-em-up. Like the consoles, I never played Mutant Nightmare on DS, but that's also something I plan on. Onto Battle Nexus, I may have only played a few levels, but it has the perfect balance of difficulty. And, it might only be me, but this is the only TMNT game when I feel like I'm a Ninja!

MartiusR
03-12-2014, 01:11 PM
Out of the 3 TMNT 3D (Gamecube / Playstation 2 / X Box) games that were made based on the 4kids series, which one did you like best, the first game, TMNT 2: Battle Nexus or TMNT 3: Mutant Nightmare?

Don't forget about PC version of TMNT and sequel ;) I've played in both of them and... It is quite hard for me to choose, but I've voted for the TMNT 2: Battle Nexus. First of all, it has much more user-friendly save-game system. In TMNT we have a couple of "big levels" and each of them contains a couple of "sub-levels". And the game is saved only after beating "big level", which is annoying hard especially at the end, when we have to fight with lots of "sub-bosses" and even "normal" bosses (Donatello has to defeat Baxter before fighting with Shredder). And in TMTN 2 there is plenty of short levels and the game is saved after beating every level. So, ending of this one was noticeable less "stressing" than the first one. Not to mention, that we have here plenty of interesting characters (especially Karai and Slaashur) and bigger variety of gameplay (although some "platform" sections were very hard, especially this one with lasers).

Nothing is perfect though - I've noticed that some of the turtles were almost useless in fight (I could play with comfort only while I was controlling Leo or Raph, Don had here strange types of attack, Mike were useful only because of his famous "nunchaku air-attack". As I've mentioned in another thread, I've never liked too much "cosmic issues" in TMNT, so the first "episodes" (when fighting with Triceratons and... I forgot the name of the second fraction) were quite boring for me. Fortunatly, after that it was much better :) Pity, that they removed the versus mode - after ending the "campaign/story mode" in TMNT games I always have the desire to beat the turtle's shells with some "bad-one", (especially with Karai or Shredder), but well, no versus, no beating the turtles :(

And unfortunatly, the system of unlocking the characters were quite illogical - to unlock the truly useful "additional" characters (Karai and Slaashur) you've needed to beat the whole campaign and almost whole(Karai)/whole(Slaashur) "Nexus mode". So even if you've unlocked them, you could only use these characters to play in levels you've already ended. Casey and Splinter were easier to unlock, but in my opinion, they weren't too comfortable to play.

Shark_Blade
03-13-2014, 12:45 AM
I like the first one cause it's so simplistic and fun, but I gotta go with TMNT 2. It's just overall better and with combo attacks, and I like that you share your health so when you get a health item you share them.

I always play 2 players or more. :D

PLUS YOU GET TO FIGHT MIYAMOTO USAGI HOW COOL IS THAT??? :D

MartiusR
03-13-2014, 05:17 PM
I like the first one cause it's so simplistic and fun, but I gotta go with TMNT 2. It's just overall better and with combo attacks, and I like that you share your health so when you get a health item you share them.

I always play 2 players or more. :D

PLUS YOU GET TO FIGHT MIYAMOTO USAGI HOW COOL IS THAT??? :D

I must admit, that I'm a bit surprised. I've read many opinions (not to mention the reviews) where players were complaining about this issue with common health, some were even saying, that it makes coop in this game unplayable . I don't know how it works in practice though, because I've ended TMNT 2 alone (previous part of this "trilogy" too).

KirkyMonster
05-23-2014, 08:49 AM
I've only played Battle Nexus all the way through and played a little bit of Mutant Nightmare. I love Battle Nexus but I imagine multi player would be unbearable if each player wasn't just as good as the other. Mutant Nightmare didn't make sense to me when I tried it when you play as Triceratons and April in boring shooting gallery levels. Please correct me if I'm remembering this wrong.