PDA

View Full Version : Ninja Turtles Vintage TURTLE BLIMP Confirmed at Toy Fair!!!

jdangerc
02-15-2014, 06:13 PM
Looks like we are going to see the Turtle Blimp re-release in the Vintage Classics line soon! I can't wait!

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=364&itemid=21925

NinjaPug
02-15-2014, 06:19 PM
I don't think it's a re-release. I think this blimp is part of the Nick show

Donatello19
02-15-2014, 06:57 PM
They're talking about the nick blimp....the vintage one isn't getting re-released.

TMNachoT
02-15-2014, 07:05 PM
But the article says it is the old blimp... but the pic we have seen is a new blimp, one that looks lik epart of th enick toon, not the old toon.

billbot85
02-15-2014, 07:44 PM
But the article says it is the old blimp... but the pic we have seen is a new blimp, one that looks lik epart of th enick toon, not the old toon.

The article said that the blimp is returning for the Nick toyline, not that the vintage '88 blimp is being re-released. Although it would be really cool to see the old blimp on toy shelves again.

Donatello19
02-15-2014, 07:57 PM
But the article says it is the old blimp...

No, the article says an iconic original vehicle is returning, which it is. The new Nick blimp is clearly based on the original. If you still don't believe me, the article says that the turtles can repel off of the blimp. The pictures we've seen of the new one show zip lines, the original doesn't have that. So there you go, the old one isn't returning.

Jester
02-15-2014, 08:20 PM
Totally a Nick blimp:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y132/Jesterangelo/newblimp.png

Donatello19
02-15-2014, 08:21 PM
^Do you think that blimp is really gonna be so weirdly shaped or did they just not blow it up good enough?

Jester
02-15-2014, 08:25 PM
*shrugs* I just hope Don says, "I saw something at Baxter's workshop. It'd need a little work, but I bet it'd do the job."

Powder
02-15-2014, 09:52 PM
The NICK blimp was confirmed/posted about several days ago.

turtlefanforever
02-15-2014, 11:44 PM
Got my hopes up for nothing!!:tgrumble::trolleye:

turtlefanforever
02-15-2014, 11:44 PM
^Do you think that blimp is really gonna be so weirdly shaped or did they just not blow it up good enough?

That weirdly shaped.

Spidergreg
02-16-2014, 12:23 AM
Got my hopes up for nothing!!:tgrumble::trolleye:

Same here. Bad title is bad title is bad.

Andrew NDB
02-16-2014, 12:35 AM
I guess I thought the Nick show might veer a little away from farcical stuff like that... but then they do have a subway-car sized Turtlevan racing through the streets of NYC, so maybe I shouldn't be too surprised.

Countdown to Bebop and Rocksteady in 5... 4... 3...

Jester
02-16-2014, 12:43 AM
I think the countdown has elapsed. Discogod saw them at the London Toy Fair.

turtlefanforever
02-16-2014, 01:40 AM
I guess I thought the Nick show might veer a little away from farcical stuff like that... but then they do have a subway-car sized Turtlevan racing through the streets of NYC, so maybe I shouldn't be too surprised.

Piggyback OT to the top! :trolleye:

Jester
02-16-2014, 01:54 AM
What's that....
Nick Turtles.

weizie
02-16-2014, 07:26 AM
What is confusing, and i can understand OT's excitement the picture for a link on toy newsi is this.....Why would they post that pic which obviously has a retro TMNT logo and Figures and is obviously the original blimp....So the excitement is understood.

Candy Kappa
02-16-2014, 08:57 AM

honestly, for me. Toys can go as crazy as they want. I think more people want a party wan/shellraiser then just a regular car April had.

The Fifth Turtle
02-16-2014, 12:40 PM
What is confusing, and i can understand OT's exlittle citement the picture for a link on toy newsi is this.....Why would they post that pic which obviously has a retro TMNT logo and Figures and is obviously the original blimp....So the excitement is understood.

People just like to jump down other people's throats for every single little thing. ......... Thanks for posting btw!

pannoni1
02-17-2014, 02:27 PM
At 30 inches, this new blimp should come close in scale to the classics. "Vintage inspired" looks to be the better term for this blimp, though I think it will look better when properly inflated. But wouldn't it be ironic if the Nick show used smoke bombs like in the G1 blimps while this Nick blimp is the only toy that contains OT-style ropes leading onto the blimp? Look for this to be the flagship vehicle of the year.

Gwydion
02-18-2014, 10:19 AM
I really didn't think we'd get the Turtle Blimp in Nick since it doesn't exactly do a good job of keeping them hidden, but then we got that T Rocket thing so...

Whatever the reason, I'm really excited! The Blimp was always my favorite TMNT vehicle.