PDA

View Full Version : Finally Found It!

Vundi
02-17-2014, 01:06 AM
Finally found the Marvel Legends Amazing Spider-Man 2 Black Cat.....but FOR THE LOVE OF GOD if anyone has a lead on Carnage (with the Green Goblin BAF head) please hook me up. I can't find him anywhere.

Is anyone else collecting these figures and having any luck at all finding the Carnage one??

http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/r663/Vundi/20140215_215659_zpsbslv7elt.jpg

tmntman
02-17-2014, 07:36 AM
I can't help you unfortunately. I've had the other four figures sitting around for ages waiting for those two and finally found them both at a Target store last week.

For what it is worth, if you have Target stores around and you see the pegs are full, scan one with the price scanners. At least around here, the price scanners will tell you if there are more in the stockroom. So you may be fortunate and find that those two just didn't get put out. Beyond that, the same parts should be included with the second wave Toxin figure. So you may want to be patient and see if those are easier to find.

Long term, Black Cat and Carnage are not short packed. They should be one per case just like Beetle and Electro. So long term, I suspect there are going to be a lot of these that don't sell for big money on eBay and end up back in stores or selling online cheap.

Digital Ghost
02-17-2014, 08:46 AM
I think patience is key in this situation... which I myself am short on when it comes to my collecting. :lol:

I found the entire wave at Target and then at TRU... BUT... TRU and Target aren't receiving nearly as many boxes at a time as say Walmart (at least in my experience).

Two of my local Walmarts are receiving 15 boxes each, so that's 15 Carnage per store and I'm sure they'll order more after that. The trucks have been delayed due to poor weather in Ottawa but I saw the PDA with the sku # with my own eyes so I think some locations are simply getting these late and what we're seeing happen on eBay (Open Carnage figs for $35-$40) is just premature hype.

Same thing happened with Boba Fett and everyone I know that collects has found it by now.

Def call your Walmarts... I can post the specific UPC if you need it but it might only be good for Canada.

TRU Canada can't search for a specific figure as I was told the wave has one SKU # for all of them. (For example, told me they have 22 in stock... but they could all be Spider-Man)

Best of luck! :)

snake
04-20-2014, 09:34 PM
I ordered a case of the wave online. So I have everyone except Boomerang and Spidergirl.

Discogod
04-21-2014, 02:50 AM
My local toy stores are clogged with series 1, multiple Cats & Carnages on the pegs. I've been buying a couple a week to trade with other collectors, but they just keep restocking...

Need Boomerang & Spider-Girl for custom fodder, but it's looking less likely they'll show up over here.

Zulithe
04-21-2014, 05:37 AM
Congrats, I only ever saw one on the shelf, which I bought for myself. Same for carnage.

One of the major downsides of living where I do... HUGE competition with other toy collectors, there's way too many of us here. Would be awesome if only the supply could meet the demand, but it can't.

snake
04-21-2014, 10:39 AM
Congrats, I only ever saw one on the shelf, which I bought for myself. Same for carnage.

One of the major downsides of living where I do... HUGE competition with other toy collectors, there's way too many of us here. Would be awesome if only the supply could meet the demand, but it can't.

I live in an area with no toy collectors. I have scalpers though :teek:

They buy up all the good stuff to sell on ebay for 100x the original price and leave all the pegwarmers behind.

Zulithe
04-21-2014, 12:19 PM
I'm sure scalpers are here as well... but a lot of youtube toy reviewers live in the bay area. They are pretty determined and have more time to devote to the task than me. Gotta get those views i guess :)

Vundi
04-21-2014, 04:17 PM
This was a while ago....but still haven't seen another Black Cat since. Saw another Carnage but it didn't feel right buying it since I already had one. Hopefully someone found it who had been looking for it as hard as me. Saw on Spider-Girl but didn't buy her. No Boomerang or Toxin. Tons of everything else.

I wish Hasbro pumped these things out the way they do the Mashers. Those things are literally falling off the shelves everywhere I go.