PDA

View Full Version : In Hindsight, Would You Have Preferred A Second FF Season To The BTTS Season?

ABrown
03-02-2014, 06:34 PM
I'm a huge fan of the 4Kids TMNT series. I absolutely loved the first five seasons of the show. I wasn't as impressed with the Fast Forward season as I was the first five seasons, though I did enjoy the episodes. I had hoped that when the Turtles returned to the present time, the series would return to its original style. But it didn't, it was somewhat of a mix between the original style and the Fast Forward Style. The end result was a boring season that didn't really bring anything new to the table.

Looking back, I think the final season would've been more enjoyable if it were a second Fast Forward season. What I really would've liked to see is Darius Dunn's story get a proper conclusion. The series finale would've been the Turtles returning to the present time and reuniting with Casey and April. Nothing about Turtles Forever would've had to change. What do you think? Would you have preferred a second Fast Forward season, or the Back To The Sewer Season?

CyberCubed
03-02-2014, 06:42 PM
It was important to end the series with one last season in the present day. If it ended in the future it would make no sense. I would have liked to see FF Season 2 completed before BTTS though.

Galactus
03-02-2014, 07:44 PM
The last episode of FF could have been them returning home.

Or perhaps the last few episodes be set in the present but with a few of the villains following them back. Sh'Okanabo deciding it would be easier to conquer Earth in 2008.

Of course I know everyone wanted to return to an approximate tone of the regular 2K3 seasons and thought it weird they had a movie set in present day NY when they show is set in the future not to the desire mention sell leftover movie toys (they really should have thought of that before coming up with FF in the first place) but in hindsight it might have been better to stay the course with a second FF season. I guess we'll never know.

Shiro Kame
03-02-2014, 08:07 PM
We needed a 2nd FF season; too many unresolved issues in the first FF. We never knew what happened to the Dark Turtles and Dunn after all this ended, and I would have like to see Torbin Zixx get his for the times he tricked the turtles into helping him with his illegal affairs.

Redeemer
03-02-2014, 08:21 PM
The last episode of FF could have been them returning home.

Or perhaps the last few episodes be set in the present but with a few of the villains following them back. Sh'Okanabo deciding it would be easier to conquer Earth in 2008.

Of course I know everyone wanted to return to an approximate tone of the regular 2K3 seasons and thought it weird they had a movie set in present day NY when they show is set in the future not to the desire mention sell leftover movie toys (they really should have thought of that before coming up with FF in the first place) but in hindsight it might have been better to stay the course with a second FF season. I guess we'll never know.
That would have probably been best.

We needed a 2nd FF season; too many unresolved issues in the first FF. We never knew what happened to the Dark Turtles and Dunn after all this ended, and I would have like to see Torbin Zixx get his for the times he tricked the turtles into helping him with his illegal affairs.
Exactly why we needed a second season of Fast Forward.

Shark_Blade
03-02-2014, 08:44 PM
God no, let FF be a distant long forgotten memory.

Jester
03-02-2014, 09:17 PM
>> had plenty memorable (read: Good) episodes and season 2 seems like it would have been even better.

shuriken
03-02-2014, 09:27 PM
I would have preferred them never going to the future, have more Savanti eps, Rat King eps maybe some Complete Carnage and more Bishop but whatever. As it stands the last three seasons had some good episodes, but were collectively the weakest seasons.

Redeemer
03-02-2014, 09:44 PM
I would have preferred them never going to the future, have more Savanti eps, Rat King eps

Hell Yeah!!!!! Loved the Rat King in this series, one of my favorite episodes of this series is in series 4 and the final episode of the rat king

shuriken
03-02-2014, 09:54 PM
^^ It would have been interesting to see him interact with Splinter.
I think its the only incarnation where the Rat King is present that he doesn't interact with Splinter. Luckily the Nick Show knows how awesome the Rat King is and isn't afraid to use him more than once.

Candy Kappa
03-03-2014, 01:53 AM
There really should have been a second fast forward season before BttS, there was so many loose ends that should have been tied up.

pdizzle
03-03-2014, 05:04 AM
I personally wish ff would have never happened, or btts for that matter but btts was a bit better then the retched unmemorable ff season. Just my opinion :P

Whatswiththeheadbands?
03-04-2014, 12:56 PM
You should have added a 'I'd be fine with either' option to the poll

FF and BTTS are both fine. They aren't the best they could have came up with, but they aren't horrible.

Bry
03-11-2014, 09:21 PM
Each had their problems, but I was thankful for a return to basics (for the most part) for the final season. If the show would have ended at the point it did regardless, I'm glad the Turtles were in their own time with their core supporting cast. Ending on the April/Casey wedding, followed by Turtles Forever, was a good and fitting send-off. If the show ended with Fast Forward, that wouldn't have felt "right".

Chris
03-28-2014, 07:39 AM
I enjoyed BTTS but would have preferred a second season of FF. Sure, I'd miss stuff like the progression of April and Casey's relationship but I think they were starting it hit their stride by the end of the first season of FF and I enjoyed its ongoing arcs more than the Cyber Shredder/search for Splinter arc of BTTS, I think a second season could have been better and they had more to explore in the future than they did in the present (which they wrapped up pretty well in season 5).

We know that they were planning to return the guys home at the end of FF season 2 so there's no worry about them ending the show with the guys still in the future and I think Turtles Forever would have happened or the 25th whether we'd had FF2 or BTTS.

TheBlueTurtle1
03-29-2014, 05:29 AM
A second Fast Forward season to tie up some of the stories. BTTS was awesome tho.

turtlefanforever
03-29-2014, 10:51 AM
There should be both as an option

Jephael
03-30-2014, 08:06 PM
I think season 7 would've been better had they done like a 5-episode storyarc where they end up traveling through time and revisit different parts of their lives until finally returning home. It would've also been cool if we had gotten to see an episode where they go back to the Battle Nexus or locate Kirby.

MikeandRaph87
03-30-2014, 08:20 PM
I like the episode scripts that went further into the Fastforward angle but honestly the only thing I would have liked would be for Cody's uncle to be confirmed behind bars before the TMNT and Splinter left. It was a loose end to the season. Back To The Sewers is what I perfer to have expanded because of that near future that showed us The Shredder War. I was disappointed this was never followed up on.

Sewer Sirens Podcast
04-08-2014, 09:51 AM
It was important to end the series with one last season in the present day. If it ended in the future it would make no sense. I would have liked to see FF Season 2 completed before BTTS though.
Agreed. It would've been nice to see loose ends of Fast Forward wrapped up. However, if I had to pick Back to the Sewers or a second Fast Forward season, I would pick Back to the Sewers. It would've stunk if the turtles ended up staying in the future.

EDIT: I should also say I really didn't enjoy Fast Forward when it aired, and I preferred Back to the Sewers.

ABrown
04-09-2014, 10:49 AM
For everyone saying that they wanted both a 2nd FF and a BTTS season. I'm saying that BTTS didn't really give us anything that I would've missed. What did the season give us? ANOTHER Shredder, that's about it. I think two Shredders was plenty. It was a very bland season. At least FF had some personality. It's almost a "Which did you like more?" question.

Kanon
04-09-2014, 11:18 AM
Agreed. It would've been nice to see loose ends of Fast Forward wrapped up. However, if I had to pick Back to the Sewers or a second Fast Forward season, I would pick Back to the Sewers. It would've stunk if the turtles ended up staying in the future.

They could have made a 2nd fast forward season with a double episode in the end where they go back to the past.
I didn`t like btts because the great stories that they could have created within the future are wasted.:cry:
The dark turtles for example were a great idea.

Sewer Sirens Podcast
04-21-2014, 02:15 PM
They could have made a 2nd fast forward season with a double episode in the end where they go back to the past.
I didn`t like btts because the great stories that they could have created within the future are wasted.:cry:
The dark turtles for example were a great idea.
Personally, I didn't really like Fast Forward. So not only did I want to see them to back, I wanted to see them be back. That's why I enjoy BTTS over FF. The turtles were back, and even if the plot wasn't as strong as previous seasons, I still enjoyed it more. When I was younger, and watched FF, I LONGED for the turtles to be back. I guess I didn't like the villains or Cody (I wasn't crazy about him, but he was still an okay character) or Sirling (I think that's how you spelled his name), but I feel like if I rewatch Fast Forward (which I plan to do in the near future, it's been awhile since I've seen it), I may enjoy it more.

I just preferred TMNT in present day, and my favorite Fast Forward episodes were when they were tied into or had to do with the past.

TheBlueTurtle1
04-24-2014, 12:46 AM
Personally, I didn't really like Fast Forward. So not only did I want to see them to back, I wanted to see them be back. That's why I enjoy BTTS over FF. The turtles were back, and even if the plot wasn't as strong as previous seasons, I still enjoyed it more. When I was younger, and watched FF, I LONGED for the turtles to be back. I guess I didn't like the villains or Cody (I wasn't crazy about him, but he was still an okay character) or Sirling (I think that's how you spelled his name), but I feel like if I rewatch Fast Forward (which I plan to do in the near future, it's been awhile since I've seen it), I may enjoy it more.

I just preferred TMNT in present day, and my favorite Fast Forward episodes were when they were tied into or had to do with the past.

For me it showed you could place the turtles in any place and time, and the stories and chracters were still awesome, and that is why I like FF

SonicKnuckles18
04-25-2014, 03:02 PM
I never liked the Fast Forward seasons very much, and skipped the majority of them. I didn't care for BTTS very much either, but it was at least a little closer to the first seasons that I loved.