PDA

View Full Version : Help Greenlight Usagi Game For Steam!

Powder
03-05-2014, 05:55 PM
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=136112020

If you have a steam account just go here and click "Yes".

If you don't have one, make one, then go to the above link, and click "Yes". :tlol:

Ninjinister
03-05-2014, 05:58 PM
I 'unno man the mobile version was pretty weak and this doesn't look any better.

Powder
03-05-2014, 06:01 PM
There are no obligations to buy, this is just giving it a chance to be made available. If this gets in, future (better) titles may be developed, which is why I'm supporting it.

CyberCubed
03-05-2014, 06:08 PM
Is this the same game as the mobile version? It played like a very cheap flash game from the 90's.

Powder
03-05-2014, 06:19 PM
It seems like an upgraded version, but yes.

You guys should just vote yes, if for no other reason than to allow other people to put some money in Stan's pocket. With all the issues he's going through, with his ill wife, the loss of his grandson, etc, it would help.

CyberCubed
03-05-2014, 06:29 PM
He lost his grandson? I knew about his wife's illness but this is the first I'm hearing about this. What happened?

turtlefanforever
03-05-2014, 06:47 PM
I told my friends with steam about it, but don't have much hope for it. the first game put out there should be badass so they get the chance to make more, not just something you throw out there

Ninjinister
03-05-2014, 08:09 PM
There are no obligations to buy, this is just giving it a chance to be made available. If this gets in, future (better) titles may be developed, which is why I'm supporting it.

I understand how Steam Greenlight works, but I can't justify voting for something I didn't like. It's lying, both to Valve and to myself. I already paid for this title and I didn't like what they did. And rewarding someone for doing a less-than-stellar job creates a sense of entitlement.

Furthermore, unless they did a funky licensing deal outside of the norm, Sakai's already gotten every cent he's ever gonna get from this.

Tora
03-27-2014, 07:48 PM
Has anyone ever played Samurai Warrior Usagi Yojimbo on commodore 64?

John Pannozzi
08-02-2014, 08:24 PM
He lost his grandson? I knew about his wife's illness but this is the first I'm hearing about this. What happened?

Just found this out through Google Search:
From http://comicsbeat.com/please-keep-stan-sakai-and-his-family-in-your-thoughts/

Usagi Yojimbo creator and legendary nice guy Stan Sakai has had a difficult year as his wife Sharon has been undergoing many medical troubles. However, another tragedy struck the Sakai family, as Stan’s 20 month old grandson Leo has passed away (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=583376921732861&set=np.546057320.770855103&type=1&theater&notif_t=notify_me) after being found unconscious and not breathing. This is an unimaginable tragedy for anyone, and for people who have been so kind and giving and good as Stan and Sharon to undergo it is a harsh reminder of the random cruelty of life.

Netkeeper
08-02-2014, 09:28 PM
I voted for it. I want to play this, even if it isn't that great, and I want to support Sakai.

Tack
08-12-2014, 10:22 AM
If there was a demo, yeah I'd try it. But from just looking at the trailer, Usagi deserves better then this. :tsweatdr:

NiNi
08-12-2014, 11:47 AM
I went and voted for it. I wouldn't mind giving it a chance regardless.

neatoman
08-15-2014, 02:58 AM
Has anyone ever played Samurai Warrior Usagi Yojimbo on commodore 64?

Ding ding ding biribiribiri bi!

Tack
08-15-2014, 04:34 AM
Can I buy this game anywhere?

Also

The game was originally envisoned as a much larger, open world experience, but due to the hardware and memory limitations of the Commodore 64, for which it was originally developed, numerous features had to be cut from the final product.

Paul Kidd and Russel Comte originally wrote a much larger script for the game, which would see Usagi be able to traverse through many multiple paths and lead to entirely different adventures and endings. In the design documents for the game, characters and situations are detailed such as mole ninjas surfacing out of the soil, a side quest rescuing an innocent villager being dragged by a stampeding horse and numerous activities such as gambling and dialogue sequences in the town sections of the game.

Likewise, the karma system was downscaled into a simplistic numeric system which acted as an onscreen counter that led Usagi to commit suicide if it fell under 0. In the original game design documents, karma was envisioned as a more fulfilled reputation system, which would affect the NPCs' views and actions towards Usagi.

Too bad the limits of the C64's hardware and memory limitations limited the gameplay. :tgrumble:

Ninjinister
08-24-2014, 01:30 AM
So I got a Gamestick today. It's an Android microconsole like the OUYA only... less fun. Anyway it actually has this Usagi game on it, and I decided "well it can't be as bad as the Android version".

And it isn't! It's not great but it is significantly better with a real controller! So I went to go upvote this on Greenlight and...

turns out I already had at some point.

lol?