PDA

View Full Version : Should Splinter (and the Turtles) Wear Clothing and Armor?

TurtleMikey
03-16-2014, 06:03 PM
Since the design leak of Michael Bay and Jonathan Liebesman's incarnation of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, there has been a long and tedious debate of the whether the Turtles should be wearing clothing, armor, and various other coverings.

Most of the comments have been negative and on the side of the argument AGAINST it, with some of the arguments being as simple as saying the designs just shouldn't be changed from what they are, as well as distaste for what they chose, and not necessarily the covering itself.

Taking all of the arguments that they SHOULDN'T into consideration, I must ask:

Should Splinter (who is know to wear a robe in every one of his incarnation) wears clothes? Or rather, should he NOT be wearing clothes if the Turtles shouldn't?

Discuss.

RaphAndDonnie
03-16-2014, 06:05 PM
If it's not done to the point of obnoxiousness then I don't mind if they do.

Walkabout
03-16-2014, 06:09 PM
I'm not a fan of the turtles wearing clothes (sounds a bit weird)

But yeah, if it's not too over the top I could handle it.

The Stryker
03-16-2014, 06:12 PM
Completely nude. All the time. Give the fans what they (apparently) want.

TurtleMikey
03-16-2014, 06:14 PM
None of you have answered the question:

Should SPLINTER be wearing clothing?

slingtheory
03-16-2014, 06:20 PM
Or just give them what's been time tested and still holds up. But yeah if they should wear stuff it should probably be for protection

SwiftNinjaFox
03-16-2014, 06:22 PM
My opinion is simple: Stick to the source material.

Did Splinter wear a robe in the Mirage comics, Fred Wolf cartoon, Archie comics, 2k3 cartoon, Live Action Films, TMNT CG Film, IDW comics, and the Nick toon?

Yes, so then yes, keep Splinter wearing clothing of some sort.

The turtles? Same rule, stick to the source material, which would be, basic belt/shoulder strap and pads, but they could gear up with extra for specific purposes.

Hell, even Peter Laird said the same thing to Kevin Munroe when CG TMNT was in development. For that matter, this film is doing a few things he specifically didn't like the idea of (and apparently many fans don't either). :p

turtlefanforever
03-16-2014, 06:27 PM
Completely nude. All the time. Give the fans what they (apparently) want.

Unless they add genitalia to the more human like turtles I don't see a problem with "nude"

BabyTurtles
03-16-2014, 07:53 PM
.....yes...I like my Splinters wearing clothes...:teek:

Turtle-X
03-17-2014, 01:35 AM
it certainly drives home the fact that they live in a sewer and scavenge whatever they find.

BubblyShell22
03-17-2014, 07:04 AM
Splinter has always worn a kimono so yes he should wear one. That's pretty obvious.

Candy Kappa
03-17-2014, 07:12 AM
Yes, Splinter should wear his signature kimono robe, preferably red/maroon.

It's not clothing that is a problem, it's the way they have been designed. These sign is terrible of what we have seen in the PD movie, the concept on the other hand could work in the hands of a more competent designer.

Plasticplayhouse
03-17-2014, 07:20 AM
i say yes. i like his traditional robe. i like the nick kimono too. the turtles are the characters i prefer not having all the extra garb.

Gabriel GP
03-17-2014, 10:57 AM
Why shouldn't he? He have always used his robe. Unless that they want to balance the clothing of the turtles by letting Splinter naked.:lol:

Anton Chigurh
03-17-2014, 11:04 AM
Imho I'd like to see him in an Adidas track suit, but that's just me.

Powder
03-17-2014, 12:19 PM
Clothes for Splinter always, yes. We already know he's wearing a blue robe, wooden sandals, etc. So that's a done deal.

FoxBoxKid
03-17-2014, 01:19 PM

That would be hilarious.

SwiftNinjaFox
03-17-2014, 01:30 PM

I....think I would be amused with this.

Shark_Blade
03-17-2014, 06:21 PM
I wouldn't mind nude Splinter.

Powder
03-17-2014, 07:00 PM
I....think I would be amused with this.

I'd be fine with that too, despite how much of a departure it is. :tlol:

electric_sheep
03-17-2014, 07:04 PM
http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/attachments/993-forum/717513d1365101938-993-stereo-replacement-system-searchfirst-vi.gif

tmntmikey23
03-17-2014, 08:39 PM
i would like him to were stuff cus i think if the turtles can were belts and more he should to right :D

Raphael232
03-18-2014, 01:41 AM
I dont mind it, as long as it not over the top. Im not too upset with Turtles wearing clothes because they already wore clothes occasionally in the cartoon/movie. people are making a big deal out of nothing. Especially when we havent seen anything from the movie.

slingtheory
03-18-2014, 11:05 AM
I dont mind it, as long as it not over the top. Im not too upset with Turtles wearing clothes because they already wore clothes occasionally in the cartoon/movie. people are making a big deal out of nothing. Especially when we havent seen anything from the movie. weren't those just disguises

UGHShellshocked
03-18-2014, 01:12 PM
For all we know those outfits might be only worn for a few minutes in the film. Maybe Splinter is taken before he can give the boys a proper disguise for their first time being out of the sewers so they are forced to put together their costumes from what they know about humans.

There is probably going to be a scene where they encounter some people who probably won't be phased by seeing the Turtles because they themselves have seen so many horrors (9/11, deaths, crime) that nothing surprises them anymore.