PDA

View Full Version : Batman characters that made their way into the comics

LeotheLateBloomer
03-22-2014, 10:19 AM
Can you guys list any Batman characters (hero, neutral, villian) that first appeared in any Batman cartoons, games, etc. and made their transition to the comic books and how they made it in such as Harley Quinn.

CyberCubed
03-22-2014, 10:22 AM
Cinderblock, does he count? Robin fought him and he appeared in the New 52.

LeotheLateBloomer
03-22-2014, 10:24 AM
When did he first debut in?

Whatswiththeheadbands?
03-22-2014, 01:26 PM
'Lock-up' from the Animated series is another one.

TurtleTitan97
03-22-2014, 01:33 PM
When did he first debut in?

In the Teen Titans cartoon, so technically it doesn't count.

There's also Roxy Rocket from The New Batman Adventures.

LeotheLateBloomer
03-23-2014, 04:43 PM
What about anyone from the 60s show?

TurtleTitan97
03-23-2014, 05:46 PM
What about anyone from the 60s show?

Well, there's King Tut.

CyberCubed
03-23-2014, 05:51 PM
What about the Ninja that Batman fought in two episodes of B:TAS? He was created for the show but I don't know if he appeared in any comics.

Same with Red Claw the female terrorist who debuted in Catwoman's episodes, but I don't know if she ever appeared in the comics.

MikeandRaph87
03-23-2014, 06:12 PM
Harley Quinn debuted in Batman:The Animated Series episode, "Joker's Favor".

Lock-Up debuted in Batman:The Animated Series episode,"Lock-Up".

Renee Montoya debuted in Batman:The Animated Series and entered the comics at the same time as she was commissioned to appear in the comics by the TV producers just as Barbara "Batgirl" Gordon did for Batman(1966).

Barbara "Batgirl" Gordon as stated above was created for the show to gain a more female audience and introduced in the comics ahead of television in which she was created for.

Roxy Rocket was created in the Batman Adventures companion comic to Batman:The Animated Series and had two appearances in the DCU proper but she has not really taken off as a character like the above.

King Tut appeared in one arc of Batman Chronicles alongside Riddler who helped Batman crack the case.

Mr. Freeze,was originally Mr. Zero, a one off character but owes any success to Other Media. Batman'66 made him into the somewhat reoccuring antagonist who Bamtna accidently caused to be in his current state. He would likely never appeared again if it was not for beibg usedi n te show as the show was fiinishing its run Mr. Freeze appeared in 1968 not having appeared beyond a short 1959 original appearance as Mr. Zero,cured in a single issue. Don't forget the tragic origin that Batman:The Animated Series gave him either. You can take this one anyway you like.

I may have missed one,but I am pretty sure this a complete list with descriptions of how often used once adapted. Two big names and one reinvention with one middle of the road name, three for the most part are oneoff villians.