PDA

View Full Version : How do I get into this show?

fridaynightdestination
03-25-2014, 08:24 PM
Some of the DVD's are out of print, people say there are only six seasons but IMDB has a seventh season full of episodes, and I heard they only have DVD's up to Season 6? Getting into this show is confusing.

xChri5x
03-25-2014, 08:45 PM
Youtube (https://www.youtube.com/user/tmntuploader/playlists) Scroll down a bit. Playlists for all seasons.
Piratebay
ebay

Season one volume 1 and 2 are still affordable on amazon.

fridaynightdestination
03-25-2014, 08:49 PM
Well I found out a channel has the entire first three seasons on YouTube :D

Andrew NDB
03-25-2014, 08:49 PM
Getting into this show is confusing.

You'll need lots of this:

http://images1.makefive.com/images/experiences/dining/best-vodka/skyy-7.jpg

I know I did.

xChri5x
03-25-2014, 08:51 PM
You'll need lots of this:

http://images1.makefive.com/images/experiences/dining/best-vodka/skyy-7.jpg

I know I did.

Hahaha tmnt is for kids. You're so right.
Drinking is cool

Andrew NDB
03-25-2014, 08:53 PM
Hahaha tmnt is for kids.

Not the only version of the TMNT I care about. And last time someone polled the ages of the active posters here on the board, "kids" were a distant minority around these parts.

The-Shredder
03-25-2014, 08:59 PM
Seasons 1-6 were all released on DVD in the United States, with seasons 1, 2, half of 4, 5, and 6 getting season sets, and seasons 3 and the first half of 4 being released across several volumes, some episodes being out of order.

By the way, seasons 1 and 2 were also spread across several volumes as well, but those were before they got season sets.

Season 7 wasn't released on DVD in the United States. However, it was released in two volumes in Australia.

Here are some helpful archived links of the old TMNT website's 2003 home video page, as well as the episode guide.

https://web.archive.org/web/20120210071618/http://www.ninjaturtles.com/html/dvd_toons.htm

https://web.archive.org/web/20120327223641/http://www.ninjaturtles.com/cartoon/newsynopses.htm

Keep in mind that some of the season sets that were ever released fetch for large prices nowadays. If you don't have the means to collect the DVDs, there's always viewing the episodes online.

turtlefanforever
03-25-2014, 09:04 PM
like someone already said, then you can use freemake video downloader or youtube downloader to get them on your computer if you wish

CyberCubed
03-25-2014, 09:49 PM
The whole show is uploaded online in various places. Its not that hard to find.

nimajneb
03-26-2014, 02:46 AM
Be careful talking about youtube links etc on here guys Kraang is policing non legitimate links.
But start from season 1 the early series are the best!

Longview01
03-26-2014, 03:07 AM
I torrented every available episode back in 2005 there was a forum I used to visit where they hosted the torrent and made sure it was always healthy.

I watched them all...its must of been the first 2 seasons...enjoyed them so much that I started collecting the DVDs.

Collecting the DVDs might be abit hard for you now, but there are always other means of watching them now a days that weren't there back in 2005 for me.

tmntpower1988
03-26-2014, 08:27 AM
There's a site called iOffer, you can get the full series from there but it's pirate copies though. There's a few different sellers selling the series. I got the 2k3 series from there but the quality isn't the best tbh The picture is a bit dark and some of the episodes skip, you can hear a bleeping sound at times. It depends on the seller. I got other TV series from that site which were really great quality and the discs worked perfect. I'm glad I got the real DVDs before they went out of print, the picture and sound is much better on the real thing lol

Hahaha tmnt is for kids. You're so right.
Drinking is cool

I used to love drink but couldn't handle the hangovers anymore so went off the stuff.

ABrown
03-27-2014, 09:34 AM
Some of the DVD's are out of print, people say there are only six seasons but IMDB has a seventh season full of episodes, and I heard they only have DVD's up to Season 6?

Unfortunately, 2014 is not the best time to be purchasing the 4Kids series on dvd. You can find some of the dvds for decent prices. Other dvds you have to pay a fortune for. And season seven wasn't released on dvd at all. In my opinion, don't try to purchase the series on dvd right now. Hopefully one day the series will get re-released for a decent price.

Longview01
03-27-2014, 03:25 PM
Unfortunately, 2014 is not the best time to be purchasing the 4Kids series on dvd. You can find some of the dvds for decent prices. Other dvds you have to pay a fortune for. And season seven wasn't released on dvd at all. In my opinion, don't try to purchase the series on dvd right now. Hopefully one day the series will get re-released for a decent price.

If by season 7 you mean back to the sewers it was released on dvd in Australia, I imported both of mine from www.mightyape.co.nz

kolaida
03-27-2014, 04:02 PM
Ohhh, man! Some Skyy vodka, that's the stuff!

Also try amazon or ebay. Go to a thrift store (seen'em), just look around. There's enough ways that you can get a hold of them. Ebay. Just google it and cruise some sites. And, a couple websites have already been mentioned that work just fine as well. :twink:

Danetello
04-09-2014, 12:57 PM
If by season 7 you mean back to the sewers it was released on dvd in Australia, I imported both of mine from www.mightyape.co.nz
I did exactly the same thing last summer! Shortly after I bought them they became unavailable on their website though, and I haven't seen them back since, so I was one of the last lucky ones!

Whatswiththeheadbands?
04-09-2014, 01:01 PM
Like many people have said already, YouTube is the best place.

That is, until they can be bothered to put it onto DVD in a box set.

pannoni1
04-09-2014, 04:58 PM
YouTube is how I got into the 4kids series fully, and later through the DVDs (save for Ninja Tribunal, which is one of the most expensive Seasons currently). I recommend the playlist as shown above. Count on about a month's worth of time if you decide to watch five episodes per day, or just under two months with three episodes per day. If you'd like, you can skip Fast Forward save for a few tentpole episodes given that's the weakest season by popular opinion.

However, in terms of watching, you'll need to understand a few basics, such as the fact that this series is not designed for an episode at a time like the OT and to a lesser degree the Nick series are. It's important to watch frequently enough so that you don't get lost, and if you don't understand an episode, watch it again. You might want to research this forum's archive for some other information regarding this series. Reading some of the comic issues that each episode was based on can help you get a multiversal perspective on the similarities and differences as shown.

Danetello
04-10-2014, 08:45 AM
this series is not designed for an episode at a time like the OT and to a lesser degree the Nick series are. It's important to watch frequently enough so that you don't get lost, and if you don't understand an episode, watch it again. You might want to research this forum's archive for some other information regarding this series.
I myself am about to get into this series on a more "hardcore" level for my 30th anniversary marathon watch of all series, so this is good advice, thanks!

fridaynightdestination
04-11-2014, 08:21 PM
So I watched Episode 1 and I liked it.

Episode 2 was HORRIBLE! I'm sorry but that sucked.

Electric
04-11-2014, 08:23 PM
To me, episodes in this show were either hit or miss. I either loved them or hated them. I definitely liked more than I disliked, but there were still a few that I just could not care less for

CyberCubed
04-11-2014, 10:13 PM

LOL, what? Episode 2 was about April/Baxter/Mousers, what was wrong with it?

tmntfannumerouno
04-11-2014, 11:46 PM
Watch "Same as it never was" that episode alone made me a fan of the 2k3 series.

Sewer Sirens Podcast
04-12-2014, 07:52 AM

Why exactly did it suck...? What made it so horrible?

fridaynightdestination
04-12-2014, 09:11 AM
Why exactly did it suck...? What made it so horrible?

Baxter Stockman was annoying, the music was annoying, April was annoying, it was all just annoying.

CyberCubed
04-12-2014, 03:09 PM
Baxter Stockman was annoying, the music was annoying, April was annoying, it was all just annoying.

I don't see how they were annoying at all. Baxter is supposed to be arrogant and that's what makes his character entertaining.

Also don't see what 4kids April was annoying. She probably has the most normal personality of the April's.

Coola Yagami
04-12-2014, 05:43 PM
I don't see how they were annoying at all. Baxter is supposed to be arrogant and that's what makes his character entertaining.

Also don't see what 4kids April was annoying. She probably has the most normal personality of the April's.

How dare he have his own opinion??? Burn him at stake!!

No but seriously the mouser theme was kind of annoying. Hell everyone having their own theme was kind of annoying or at least tiresome after a while.

TheSkeletonMan939
04-12-2014, 06:06 PM

No but seriously the mouser theme was kind of annoying. Hell everyone having their own theme was kind of annoying or at least tiresome after a while.

Yeah. I appreciate the idea of giving some characters their own themes, but this show seemed to just take that idea to the next level. Off the top of my head:

- Shredder theme
- Mousers theme
- Baxter theme
- April theme
- Casey theme
- Triceraton theme
- Foot Ninja theme
- Foot Elite theme
- Foot Mystics theme
- Utrom theme
- Hun/Purple Dragons theme
- Bishop theme

It got a little old after a while. Why couldn't new music just be composed? In addition to this they just seemed to reuse the same ten tracks over and over again during Fast Forward and BttS.

CyberCubed
04-12-2014, 06:18 PM

Oh please, saying episode 2 was horrible makes me laugh. While there are some genuine bad episodes in the 4kids series, and the weakest episodes of Season 1 were the Garbageman ep and "The Monster Hunter," I don't see why he's going on about a good episode.

Most shows/anime do this though.

Coola Yagami
04-12-2014, 06:53 PM
If you say so. The only other show I ever remembers having character themes was batman the animated series, and even they did variations of it.

I don't remember seeing any anime having character specific themes except for maybe death note.

And even if they did so what? It doesn't change the fact they got old are tiring in this particular show.

CyberCubed
04-12-2014, 07:53 PM
And even if they did so what? It doesn't change the fact they got old are tiring in this particular show.

That person is watching the show for the first time.

Coola Yagami
04-12-2014, 07:56 PM
That person is watching the show for the first time.

It doesn't make him any less entitled to his opinion.

Walkabout
04-13-2014, 05:24 AM
Watch two episodes and quit, best way to get into the show IMO :)

turtlefanforever
04-13-2014, 10:06 AM
That episode isn't bad at all. Just can't win with nick only fans. If you started out with the nick show odds are you aren't gonna get into this, which makes sense cause this show is good and a darker tone. If you didn't quit 2 episodes into the nick show though (Which I would have understood) you shouldn't quit here.

tmntpower1988
04-13-2014, 04:14 PM
That episode isn't bad at all. Just can't win with nick only fans. If you started out with the nick show odds are you aren't gonna get into this, which makes sense cause this show is good and a darker tone. If you didn't quit 2 episodes into the nick show though (Which I would have understood) you shouldn't quit here.

Nick TMNT is the best show ever and it's flawless. It's far more superior to the 4kids series. hahahahaha I've actually seen Nick fanboys post this comment on Youtube. So what they're trying to say is that Nick TMNT is better than Batman TAS? The show is far from flawless. I don't see how it's better than 4kids. I know the 2003 series isn't perfect either, it has some flaws. 2k3 has the best version of Baxter and April. I don't like 2k12 April.

Voltane
04-13-2014, 04:37 PM
I have a rule that i watch at least 6 episodes before deciding to stop watching a tv show.
It's not easy for a show to find its feet, and you might not want to give up by episode 2 - they only then started making any changes from feedback on the pilot.

fridaynightdestination
04-13-2014, 05:43 PM
Hey, who ever said I was quitting? I'm gonna watch Episode 3 tonight after Cosmos on Fox (great show, I recommend it). Sure I like the 2012 series the most, and so far I'm not the biggest fan of the 2K3 but what's wrong with that? I realize tmntpower1998 likes the 2K3 series the most and isn't the biggest fan of the 2012 series, but there isn't anything wrong with that either. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. And I don't consider TMNT 2012 to be flawless, at all. It has plenty of flaws, but I'm about to eat dinner so I can't really explain the things I dislike about it. But like I said, I just like TMNT 2012 the most and I didn't like Episode 2 of TMNT 2003. But I did like the first episode a lot though.

Coola Yagami
04-13-2014, 07:31 PM
Hey, who ever said I was quitting? I'm gonna watch Episode 3 tonight after Cosmos on Fox (great show, I recommend it). Sure I like the 2012 series the most, and so far I'm not the biggest fan of the 2K3 but what's wrong with that? I realize tmntpower1998 likes the 2K3 series the most and isn't the biggest fan of the 2012 series, but there isn't anything wrong with that either. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. And I don't consider TMNT 2012 to be flawless, at all. It has plenty of flaws, but I'm about to eat dinner so I can't really explain the things I dislike about it. But like I said, I just like TMNT 2012 the most and I didn't like Episode 2 of TMNT 2003. But I did like the first episode a lot though.

Be sure to leave a good opinion on episode 3 (even if you don't like it or find it annoying), or these guys will tear you apart.

Ramboraph4life aka Matt
04-14-2014, 03:57 AM
Be sure to leave a good opinion on episode 3 (even if you don't like it or find it annoying), or these guys will tear you apart.

Well, on one hand will I understand why someone doesn't like it? No. But that makes sense for a show that is dear to my heart.

But does the guy need to be torn apart? Not at all either.

So fridaynightdestination, if you end up not liking the show? That's fine. Nothing wrong with that. Again, do I understand it? No.

But it always goes both ways (every thing out there has a fan and everything out there has a hater...and not in the 'dismissive' term of hater but in the terms of 'opposite of a fan'). For example, the Nick 2012 show has grown on me but I don't love it to death like others do (I still have issues with that show and I can't call it my favorite). That's just how it goes.

I know, speaking personally, at times I seem very invested in defending the show (just for the fact that not only is it my own/personal favorite show of the Turtles, but I feel that, out of the 3 main cartoons, it does seem to get the most Hate out of all 3 shows. And since it's my own personal favorite and, in my opinion is the best one...it's a bitter pill to swallow. Which I know is both stupid and strange, but it's me being honest.)

That all said, at the end of the day it's cool if you don't get into it fridaynightdestination. You're not alone in disliking the show (again, it does seem like it is the most hated of the 3 cartoons, which I disagree but it is still their opinion.) To each their own.

Longview01
04-14-2014, 05:47 PM
That all said, at the end of the day it's cool if you don't get into it fridaynightdestination.

No its not...lets string the bugger up

Sewer Sirens Podcast
04-14-2014, 11:23 PM
No its not...lets string the bugger up
If you get to episode 157, and still don't like the show, then I suggest you stop. (Haha, I'm kidding.)

But it starts really getting good with episode 10 (not to say the previous nine episodes aren't great!). I suggest watching through eleven, and then deciding if you would like to keep watching.

Bry
04-15-2014, 06:58 AM
Fair to say if you get to "The Shredder Strikes" two-parter and still don't like the show, then you can probably drop it.

I liked the show from the start, but that was definitely "the moment" where I knew I was hooked.

ABrown
04-15-2014, 08:41 AM
Fair to say if you get to "The Shredder Strikes" two-parter and still don't like the show, then you can probably drop it.

I don't know. I liked "The Shredder Strikes", but I wasn't hooked yet. "Shredder Strikes Back" and "Return To New York" were such edge-of-your-seat multi parters. I'd say give the entire first season a chance. I mean was anyone not dying for answers and to find out what was going to happen after both Return To New York and Search For Splinter?

Kanon
04-15-2014, 08:49 AM
I saw all 7 seasons in the last 2 months and i must say it has a pretty cool story.
After the first ten episodes, I was so hooked that I watched at least 5 episodes a day! (I wanted to know what`s going on so badly :P)

My Opinion:
I will never watch the season no.5 again (I was bored the whole time) and my favorite season (that i am currently watching again :D) is no. 6 fast forward because of the great time travel story.

Bry
04-15-2014, 08:59 AM
I don't know. I liked "The Shredder Strikes", but I wasn't hooked yet. "Shredder Strikes Back" and "Return To New York" were such edge-of-your-seat multi parters. I'd say give the entire first season a chance. I mean was anyone not dying for answers and to find out what was going to happen after both Return To New York and Search For Splinter?

Oh, it definitely gets better. I just mean that "The Shredder Strikes" gives a good impression of what the show will become at its best. I think if someone watches those episodes and still doesn't feel anything for the show, it might just not "be for them".

But I agree - the first season has a lot of great stuff and is well worth watching in full.

Coola Yagami
04-15-2014, 08:04 PM
Oh, it definitely gets better. I just mean that "The Shredder Strikes" gives a good impression of what the show will become at its best. I think if someone watches those episodes and still doesn't feel anything for the show, it might just not "be for them".

But I agree - the first season has a lot of great stuff and is well worth watching in full.

Honestly, most of what sold me on 2K3 was the simple fact that it WAS a new tmnt show, that it was bsed on the mirage comics, and that it had the action and fighting the 80's couldn't handle back then.

It completely sold me when they got the Shredder Strikes Back and Return to New York. Minus the Matrix-Guardians.

tmntpower1988
04-15-2014, 08:07 PM

No need to explain the flaws, I'm sorry if what I said offended you. If the 2k3 series isn't for you, fair enough. It's your choice. We all have different views on things so I should respect your opinions. I just love the show so much I find it hard at times to accept the fact that people hate it. I know I'm not the biggest fan of the Nick series but I still think it's worth a watch. I enjoy it more than the OT series and I do love the comedy in it. I look forward to the next episode Mazes & Mutants.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
04-16-2014, 05:16 AM
just wait until you get to Episode 73. Your mind will be blown.

CyberCubed
04-16-2014, 06:11 PM
Wait a minute it took you guys 10+ episodes to get "sold" on the series?

I was blown away by the very first episode. Of course I was only 17 back in 2003 so I might have been more easily impressed as a teenager, but back then it felt like what I always wanted the original toon to be. An action oriented and slightly darker TMNT cartoon with real villains written similar to Batman: TAS or the DC cartoons.

When I was 17 I was completely blown away. Even now 10 years later I still enjoy it.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
04-17-2014, 02:30 AM
Wait a minute it took you guys 10+ episodes to get "sold" on the series?

I was blown away by the very first episode. Of course I was only 17 back in 2003 so I might have been more easily impressed as a teenager, but back then it felt like what I always wanted the original toon to be. An action oriented and slightly darker TMNT cartoon with real villains written similar to Batman: TAS or the DC cartoons.

When I was 17 I was completely blown away. Even now 10 years later I still enjoy it.

It took me until episode 4 to get sold on the series.

Warhorse
04-17-2014, 07:45 AM

Meet Casey Jones got me hooked. I started as a fan of TMNT and Raphael in the OT, but when the 1990 movie came out and i was givn a taste of this new Raph that was more temermental than wise cracking, i was wanting more of that version. 2K3 gave me that version. For some reason the Nick toon hasnt quite grasped the Raphael i like the best. I see spurts here and there but most of the time i get this feeling that the writers are making him too hostil and hateful towards his brothes. And i hate that he has abandoned his brothers 3 seperate times now for ridiculous reasons. 2K3 Raph would never abandon his brothers out of fear. Hes there with them till the end.

The Fifth Turtle
04-17-2014, 12:02 PM

Plus if you are looking for ways to force your self into liking something then your wasting your time imo.

Ramboraph4life aka Matt
04-17-2014, 12:47 PM
Meet Casey Jones got me hooked. I started as a fan of TMNT and Raphael in the OT, but when the 1990 movie came out and i was givn a taste of this new Raph that was more temermental than wise cracking, i was wanting more of that version. 2K3 gave me that version. For some reason the Nick toon hasnt quite grasped the Raphael i like the best. I see spurts here and there but most of the time i get this feeling that the writers are making him too hostil and hateful towards his brothes. And i hate that he has abandoned his brothers 3 seperate times now for ridiculous reasons. 2K3 Raph would never abandon his brothers out of fear. Hes there with them till the end.

I support this statement 100%. Especially the 2k12 Raph abandoning his brothers at least 3 times. That's a problem I have with the 2k12 Raph...sometimes he just seems too much like a Chicken.

Redeemer
04-17-2014, 03:28 PM

Damn good analysis. I completely agree.

LeotheLateBloomer
04-18-2014, 08:36 AM
What I love about 2k3 Raph is that even though he is angry, he is still very kind in his own way. I loved the episodes "Lone Raph and Cub" and "Touch and Go" because he showed a very soft side of Raphael. Stopped what he was doing from searching for his lost father to helping a kid find his lost mother. And getting to know a blind lady who was under some financial situations. Raph was very sad to see what was happening to her. Eventually, he decides to donate the money to her so she can save her house. And also, Raph doesn't tease his brothers too harshly. Raph is always their for his brothers in other incarnations but it really shows a lot more here. This is why he is my favorite version of the turtle. I like 87 Raph but there are times where I think he is just....there. 2k12 Raph is just too mean-spirited, even for Raphael. Raphael has never been this much of a jerk to his brothers before.

TheSkeletonMan939
04-18-2014, 09:24 AM
What I love about 2k3 Raph is that even though he is angry, he is still very kind in his own way. I loved the episodes "Lone Raph and Cub" and "Touch and Go" because he showed a very soft side of Raphael. Stopped what he was doing from searching for his lost father to helping a kid find his lost mother. And getting to know a blind lady who was under some financial situations. Raph was very sad to see what was happening to her. Eventually, he decides to donate the money to her so she can save her house. And also, Raph doesn't tease his brothers too harshly. Raph is always their for his brothers in other incarnations but it really shows a lot more here. This is why he is my favorite version of the turtle. I like 87 Raph but there are times where I think he is just....there. 2k12 Raph is just too mean-spirited, even for Raphael. Raphael has never been this much of a jerk to his brothers before.

Exactly. Even if Raph has anger issues and acts like a jerk lots of the time, he still is a very dynamic character, and probably more empathetic than Donatello or Mikey (maybe even Leo). 4Kids Raph is probably one of the most fleshed-out incarnations of the character.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
04-19-2014, 07:56 AM

I've always liked it when one of his brothers are about to be attacked without them being aware, Raph is almost always the one who jumps in and saves them. I thought that was good of him.

LeotheLateBloomer
04-19-2014, 10:24 AM
Exactly. Even if Raph has anger issues and acts like a jerk lots of the time, he still is a very dynamic character, and probably more empathetic than Donatello or Mikey (maybe even Leo). 4Kids Raph is probably one of the most fleshed-out incarnations of the character.

Well I believe all turtles are empathetic in their own way in this series (even Mikey), but I know exactly what you are saying. Leonardo believed that it was his fault that the city of war started. Leonardo, as boring as some people may look at him, at least knew what the right thing to do was. It helps when he is unofficially the leader because he doesn't lead through his choice, he leads because no one else does and he just goes with what seems logical. Even Raph, who resents Leo making most of the decisions, won't make the hugest deal of out of it, at least for the most part.

Donatello is this version actually made me care for him for the first time. He was a pacifist and rarely, if at all, fight with his brothers. He sympathizes with others and makes a huge commitment to fixing something and finding a cure for others like Quarry. I actually like Donatello a lot more than I used to.

Michelangelo, while annoying as he is, to me is still competent other times. The Turtle Titan episode shows his love for comic books and super heroes. But he didn't want to become a superhero out of his own ego. Instead, he just wanted to do what he felt was right, which is what Leonardo felt at times (I think he also brought this up to Mike in "The Shredder Strikes Back" when carrying Oroku Saki's sword), saving people regardless of what he looks like or appears to be. He wanted to be acknowledged which may explain the whole "attention seeker" phase. While I agree that his Battle Nexus victory got him way in over his head, I wouldn't call it sheer dumb luck as Raph calls it. He was smart enough to us Raph's temper to his advantage which can go either way for some fans as whether that's a good or bad thing but the truth in matter, it was clever yet risky but it worked. And as Splinter in the 2k12 series mention that it is important not to let anger control you. Michelangelo has many problems in this cartoon but his brothers are still able to trust him and see him as competent to contribute to a plan even though they know how flashy he can be.

This was a very lengthy post but the way I view this cartoon is that it's a Saturday morning cartoon that doesn't look or feel like a Saturday morning cartoon.

Warhorse
04-19-2014, 12:28 PM

Yep, I did love his soft side. Like I said, we see spurts of it in Nick, him giving Mikey a booster after Bradoford used him, and helping Donnie out from making a complete fool of himself in front of April. But not enough. And I always saw Raph as the protector of the group, I see it all of the time in 2k3, I have yet to see it in Nick. I just think whoever has been writing these episodes for Nick really do not like Raph or Mikey. The show is still young enough so they can fix the issues, so I can have some hope. When Nick has it's version of Shredder Strikes Back, that is when they need to step up the character development of Raph and Mikey. If not, then I pretty much have lost faith in that show.

But, doesn't matter, 2k3 has been done, and while it has it's faults (too much super Leo near the end,) it's been a good ride.

rickwj324
04-27-2014, 12:49 PM
So.. has anyone here bought this show off of ioffer? I always stay away from bootlegs, but right now it's pretty much the only option. I'm just curious of the quality??!! I just looked and it seems the ones I saw were a 24 disc set. How does that compare to the originals count? I'd really love to know how these bootlegs look on a tv (not in some small window on a pc).

If anyone can give their opinions of the sets I'd really appreciate it!! --Rick

TheSkeletonMan939
04-27-2014, 01:01 PM
So.. has anyone here bought this show off of ioffer? I always stay away from bootlegs, but right now it's pretty much the only option. I'm just curious of the quality??!! I just looked and it seems the ones I saw were a 24 disc set. How does that compare to the originals count? I'd really love to know how these bootlegs look on a tv (not in some small window on a pc).

I've always been surprised that, often, things look pretty good on a TV even if they're not super crisp on the computer. I guess that's because you're face is only a foot away from a computer screen, but much farther back when it's on a TV.

Though all in all I would seriously consider just making your own DVDs than buying a bootlegged 24-disc set.

rickwj324
04-27-2014, 01:18 PM
I've always been surprised that, often, things look pretty good on a TV even if they're not super crisp on the computer. I guess that's because you're face is only a foot away from a computer screen, but much farther back when it's on a TV.

Though all in all I would seriously consider just making your own DVDs than buying a bootlegged 24-disc set.

But I don't have these episodes to make my own dvd's! ;)

If I had access to borrow an original set from a friend or family member I would most definitely copy them. But that's the thing...the source for these is hard to come by.

tmntpower1988
04-27-2014, 01:37 PM

I bought a set off ioffer a while back. I started watching the bootlegs yesterday. I've watched a few episodes so far, the quality is ok. The picture is a bit dark and not as clear as the real dvds. The discs have nice artwork though and sound quality is fine. One of the episodes skipped and freezed unfortunately. That's the problem with bootlegs most sets you buy have some episodes that don't work right. I'm glad I bought the real dvds before they went out of print. I just bought the bootlegs because I don't want the real dvds to get scratched. There are times where I got lucky though and got sets which worked flawlessly with no skipping or freezing, guess it depends on the seller.

TheSkeletonMan939
04-27-2014, 01:39 PM
But I don't have these episodes to make my own dvd's! ;)

If I had access to borrow an original set from a friend or family member I would most definitely copy them. But that's the thing...the source for these is hard to come by.

Oh, they're very easy to find if you know where to look. If you're interested in better-than-YouTube quality, I'd be happy to help.

rickwj324
04-27-2014, 01:54 PM
Oh, they're very easy to find if you know where to look. If you're interested in better-than-YouTube quality, I'd be happy to help.

PM sent to you my friend! :)