PDA

View Full Version : possible new TMNT game

samxsteal
03-26-2014, 05:35 PM
http://tinyurl.com/lu96ju9
Remove spaces
seem pretty cool
https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1.0-9/q71/s720x720/1975078_10152382681853013_1809135918_n.jpg

TurtleTitan97
03-26-2014, 05:37 PM
Link ain't working.

What's the title of this game, anyway?

Edit: Hold on

A new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comic project recently came to the attention of this website, and its developers are looking for fan reactions before moving forward. The story takes the turtles into the future, 10 years after Master Splinter passed on the ninja way to his sons and left the world. What’s worse is that April O’Neil has been missing since 2007, and everyone believes she’s dead too. Everyone’s favorite heroes in a half shell are now into their 30s, and losing their friends and family has taken its toll. No longer the fun-loving teenagers that stopped Shredder and saved the world, the boys have a no-nonsense attitude about life and everything it holds. Fortunately, they’re the four individuals who haven’t given up on Ms. O’Neil, and they’re willing to do whatever it takes to find her. Whatever it takes.

With the TMNT television show and new feature film handling the younger audiences that made the turtles a household name to begin with, this project wants to take a new direction and give the turtles some age and an edge. In a lot of ways, this makes them very similar to the original turtles of the 1984 comic book (who were not against killing Foot soldiers if they were in the way). The look and feel of the whole project will be more adult, and the turtles themselves will be losing their cartoonish appearance. You can view the pictures in more detail in the gallery below, but the turtles would now have a more realistic form. What immediately stands out is the head, with its more pronounced turtle beak, something that no incarnation has ever truly had.

Immediately, the nature of the project seems like a very good one. While the turtles are suppose to be teenagers, very few incarnations have ever dealt with that, so adult turtles aren’t so out of the ordinary. Additionally, with the turtles’ new attitude more in line with their old selves, nothing about this project should really be foreign to the TMNT universe. Add in an interesting plot that could go any one of a thousand different ways, and it would seem as if this is a hit waiting to happen.

This project was started up by Tom Hall of Wolf Hall Studios. Tom is an artist at Sony Pictures Digital (though Sony is in no way involved with this project), and a huge Ninja Turtles fan. Together with a sister studio, Tom has been developing this concept art for a few weeks, as well as coming up with the plot outline that this new project will have. The goal is to create a comic, and perhaps in the future a video game. As the project receives more feedback and there’s more work done on concept, Tom hopes to produce set locations and new drawings of the Foot clan, or at least what’s left of it.

What Tom and the others working on this project need now is to know what the fans think of the idea and the concept art. Before they proceed with the story and try to acquire the necessary rights from Viacom, they would like to hear how this spin (including the new look and feel) will go over with fans. So let’s hear what you all have to say; whether you like it, hate it, or have no opinion, let us know. You can leave a comment here, on Facebook or Twitter, or contact Tom with your thoughts and feelings about it (but please, be polite and civil – this is a project for fans, and they don’t have to ask for any input before moving forward with it). You can contact him at Tom@wolfhallstudios.com, using the subject line TURTLE HELP or TURTLE FEEDBACK. We’ll have more updates as the project moves forward, including artwork and information.

MajorViolence
04-15-2014, 09:51 AM
Not sure what to think of this. It's a cool idea, but I'm leery of any video game pitch that is entirely based on "look how dark and gritty this is." There's not even any minion of am game mechanics. It could be a JRPG for all we know. Plus, I don't think there's really a demand for something this gritty outside of fans of the comics, and video games are one of the most expensive mediums, so if the transition were to prove too jarring, it could tank a developer studio.

I would much rather see someone make a good TMNT game based on something familiar, like the Nickturtles series, or just an original universe based heavily on the 90s live action trilogy's continuity. If they can manage that, then they can get all crazy experimental.

Just... Just give me a good ninja turtles game. It's been so long. I don't care about the story being all gritty and dark. Just make it fun as hell to play.

turtlefanforever
04-15-2014, 09:57 AM
I'd give it a play, whats with the designs though? Their faces just get suddenly longer as they age? that's stupid. BUt it does peak my interest.

Sewer Sirens Podcast
04-15-2014, 10:13 AM
I would be interested in a game (or a comic) if, when it gets closer to the end of the project, it looks good and enjoyable.

Allio
04-15-2014, 10:30 AM
concept art is interesting - I'm always up for different designs

MajorViolence
04-15-2014, 10:33 AM
I would be interested in a game (or a comic) if, when it gets closer to the end of the project, it looks good and enjoyable.

I think this would be a way better idea as a comic. It's not as expensive a project, we already know an audience exists for it, and if these guys are so excited about this story, it would allow them to focus on telling it without getting bogged down trying to also make it a good game.

Basically, this is an incredibly interesting story, I just don't really see anything in the pitch that tell me it would be a great video game. I think it would be a much better idea to put this out as a comic or even a direct-to-DVD animation.

Allio
04-15-2014, 11:36 AM
Basically, this is an incredibly interesting story, I just don't really see anything in the pitch that tell me it would be a great video game. I think it would be a much better idea to put this out as a comic or even a direct-to-DVD animation.

What about a TellTale's game?

MajorViolence
04-15-2014, 11:43 AM
What about a TellTale's game?

Okay actually yes, I could see that working quite well.

MST3KFan
04-15-2014, 12:10 PM
If we're going for 'dark and gritty', how about a TMNT game like the Batman Arkham games with stealth and fighting and stuff?

Whatswiththeheadbands?
04-15-2014, 12:17 PM
This sounds pretty good. I like the idea of having the Turtles being more serious and no nonsense. It seems like something i would read/play. it sounds dark and gritty.

Looking forward to more progress.

turtlefanforever
04-15-2014, 12:18 PM
Run around, pick up objects and throw them and such, Keeps you really in tune with the surroundings and just a delight to play

MajorViolence
04-15-2014, 12:23 PM
If we're going for 'dark and gritty', how about a TMNT game like the Batman Arkham games with stealth and fighting and stuff?

Pretty sure such a game was actually in development, though it wasn't going to be quite this dark and gritty. I think it was cancelled as a result of Nick buying the turtles. I was so damn stoked for that game.

DevilSpooky
04-15-2014, 05:28 PM
Pretty sure such a game was actually in development, though it wasn't going to be quite this dark and gritty. I think it was cancelled as a result of Nick buying the turtles. I was so damn stoked for that game.

It was just a rumor, Rocksteady (developer of the Batman Arkham series) where never aproached to do anything with the Turtles.

Anyway, about this, it's not about a game, at least not yet. They're pitching an idea for a comic book series, and eventually a videogame.

Candy Kappa
04-16-2014, 04:22 PM
Just make a OotS 2 and fix the bugs, and the controls and a longer game.

tmntmikey23
04-16-2014, 04:42 PM

maybe change how the turtles look to

TurtleTitan97
04-16-2014, 05:21 PM

^ This. I'd love it if we got a longer game. And it would be pretty cool to get more boss fights (Rat King, Rahzar, Fishface, Snakeweed, Slash, etc.)

Allio
04-16-2014, 05:22 PM

I'm good, I like the way the turtles look

MajorViolence
04-16-2014, 06:46 PM
I think the OOTS designs aren't that bad, but they need some tweaks. The eyes and mouths have a habit of winding up extremely creepy. It might be as simple as just getting better animators on the project.

Michelangelo
04-16-2014, 09:12 PM
I'd prefer a more classic look for the turtles to the newly proposed lokk for a game. It's just that if an Arkham style game is made I want to enjoy seeing the turtles as I've pretty much known them all along. The new looks are kewl and would be right for a comic and interesting. I do like the new look proposed with the sharp beaks etc and would be interested in that version of older turtles and the proposed story with searching for April.
Oots was a welcome addition to tmnt games but we really need an A grade title like the Batman Arkham games. In saying that, the look of the turtles needs to be a more traditional look to really have the same sort of commercial success as batman. When people mention Batman there is great number of great examples of movies, games, comics etc to refer to and a view to continue to refer to with the new batman game and superman/batman movie. With tmnt there isn't that sort of perspective and vision there or happening quite yet. The new film is a step in that direction and a new game will contribute greatly towards a more ongoing view of tmnt rather than cash in attempt at old news so to speak. Imagine naughty dog or the team at rocksteady or behind god of war getting there hands on doing a new tmnt game, that would be amazing.

Candy Kappa
04-17-2014, 02:57 AM

No, I love the designs of the OotS turtles, they combine cartoony and realistic I to a perfect blend as the turtles maintain a iconic look as well as looking like something they would have in a more realistic setting then a cartoon or a comic book.

And it's a tragedy that thanks to Red Fly Studios amateurish handling of the game, we will most likely never see any merchandise of the OotS turtles, and no action figures. But the PD turtles will.

slingtheory
05-16-2014, 01:10 PM
No, I love the designs of the OotS turtles, they combine cartoony and realistic I to a perfect blend as the turtles maintain a iconic look as well as looking like something they would have in a more realistic setting then a cartoon or a comic book.

And it's a tragedy that thanks to Red Fly Studios amateurish handling of the game, we will most likely never see any merchandise of the OotS turtles, and no action figures. But the PD turtles will. ^this. I really love the look the turtles have in oots. In my opinion its the perfect blend of iconic and realistic reimagining and I would've loved to see more merchandise from it ala the arkham series. I also feel that its unfourtunate it was handled the way that is was because to me its the most ambitious and imaginative turtle game in ages. The core ideas of the game had enough promise that I think if redfly would've had more time and resources and not been restricted so much by the nick series we could've gotten something really special.

RedRocBoy
05-23-2014, 05:41 AM
^ This. I'd love it if we got a longer game. And it would be pretty cool to get more boss fights (Rat King, Rahzar, Fishface, Snakeweed, Slash, etc.)

Yess!! :tgrin::tgrin::tgrin:

RedRocBoy
05-23-2014, 05:43 AM
^this. I really love the look the turtles have in oots. In my opinion its the perfect blend of iconic and realistic reimagining and I would've loved to see more merchandise from it ala the arkham series. I also feel that its unfourtunate it was handled the way that is was because to me its the most ambitious and imaginative turtle game in ages. The core ideas of the game had enough promise that I think if redfly would've had more time and resources and not been restricted so much by the nick series we could've gotten something really special.

^This. Game kicked so much ass. Even though it wasn't perfect,I still loved it. Whatever they cooking up I just hope they show the Wii U some love. :tcool::tcool::tcool:

RedRocBoy
05-23-2014, 05:45 AM

And it's a tragedy that thanks to Red Fly Studios amateurish handling of the game, we will most likely never see any merchandise of the OotS turtles, and no action figures. But the PD turtles will.

I would love some figures based on the game and a mini series as well. So much potential hope they do refine those concepts that RedFly had. :tcry::tcry:

Powder
05-23-2014, 07:15 AM
Hey dude, in the future, use the multi-quote feature to address multiple posts. See the thing that says "multi" next to where you would normally click quote? Click that on all the posts you want to reply to except the last one, which you just quote regularly. It'll group them together. :)