03-27-2014, 05:05 AM
Danny Woodburn tweeted this:

#TMNT fans - just did Splinter for Nintendo DS game. #MasterSplinter
A fan asks, "based on the movie?" and Woodburn replies, "yesh."

Also, Minae Noji and Danny Woodburn joke on twitter about being enemies :lol:

https://twitter.com/DannyWoodburn64/status/448921159522734081

Whatswiththeheadbands?
03-27-2014, 06:15 AM
If it's just on DS, then they are making a big mistake.

pannoni1
03-27-2014, 06:21 AM
I'm sure its going to be on the 3DS since Nintendo has a strict licensing process and that's a voice actor confirming, not a game developer, and who knows if Danny Woodburn ever has heard of or even played the 3DS. Well, let's see if the old "Bad movie, great game" and vice-versa formula applies. In TMNT's case, If you compare the first game to the first movie and Turtles in Time to the third movie, it certainly does, with TMNT II: The Arcade Game and SoTO somewhere in the middle. I wish there would be a big console version since I feel that the 3DS is a good platform for Nick games, so we will miss the cinematic experience of a Wii U/XBOX/PS4 if there's no version for that.

CyberCubed
03-27-2014, 08:21 AM
It's 3DS game, I'm pretty sure production on all DS games is over.

Anyway the game will suck because the Nick game sucked and so did the psuedo movie game "Out of the Shadows" which was basically a preview of the movie designs.

Zulithe
03-27-2014, 08:26 AM
It's definitely 3DS. No need to worry there.

But... strange he says DS and not a console name.

I hope it's not a handheld exclusive :(

Agreed, after the Nick Wii/3DS/XB360 game and the Out of the Shadows game... this will be game #3... and they originally announced a three game deal, no idea if that is still the case...

I really hope they do not renew their deal with this developer and get someone else. I know people won't shut up about Rocksteady, that is the best case scenario afterall... we can hope. They are finishing up their Batman 'trilogy' with Arkham Knight and will need a new property (in theory, I guess). TMNT would be absolutely epic.

Ninjinister
03-27-2014, 03:20 PM
It's 3DS game, I'm pretty sure production on all DS games is over.

Anyway the game will suck because the Nick game sucked and so did the psuedo movie game "Out of the Shadows" which was basically a preview of the movie designs.

Cubed, how many times do you need to be told to get your eyes checked? The OotS designs have nothing to do with the movie designs and they are only vaguely similar. And even if you do feel that they are close... you don't need to mention it every freakin' time the subject comes up.

(Sigh)

Some day you'll come into the real world like the rest of us.

ToTheNines
03-27-2014, 03:27 PM
This saddens me... We now have confirmation that Woodburn is voicing Splinter in the movie and not just doing his mo-cap.

Whateverrrrr.

RatKingLeo
03-27-2014, 03:42 PM
I really hope they do not renew their deal with this developer and get someone else. I know people won't shut up about Rocksteady, that is the best case scenario afterall... we can hope. They are finishing up their Batman 'trilogy' with Arkham Knight and will need a new property (in theory, I guess). TMNT would be absolutely epic.

I was just thinking today that I wished the people who worked on the Arkham series would work on TmnT. It would be so awesome to have a killer game to go along with this movie.

chrisdude
03-27-2014, 08:29 PM
I haven't played the Arkham games. But the turtles running through the rooftops, encountering Purple Dragons, Foot, mutants... It would be awesome.

I'm actually surprised by that I hadn't caught wind of a game, at all, until now.

TigerClaw
03-27-2014, 09:16 PM
This saddens me... We now have confirmation that Woodburn is voicing Splinter in the movie and not just doing his mo-cap.

Whateverrrrr.
who knows, Maybe hes good at doing an Asian accent.

TurtleTitan97
03-27-2014, 09:24 PM
who knows, Maybe hes good at doing an Asian accent.

I highly doubt that. I mean have you heard the guy's voice? Because I can't picture him being able to give a convincing Asian accent without sounding ridiculous.

Allio
03-27-2014, 10:01 PM
Cubed, how many times do you need to be told to get your eyes checked? The OotS designs have nothing to do with the movie designs and they are only vaguely similar. And even if you do feel that they are close... you don't need to mention it every freakin' time the subject comes up.

(Sigh)

Some day you'll come into the real world like the rest of us.

You know it won't happen

prophecy718
03-27-2014, 11:00 PM
For the 3ds?!....this game is going to suck :(

Powder
03-27-2014, 11:08 PM
For the 3ds?!....this game is going to suck :(

The 3DS is one of the illest consoles ever. Why would you say that?

CyberCubed
03-27-2014, 11:33 PM
The 3DS is one of the illest consoles ever. Why would you say that?

Because a handheld licensed game always sucks.

Leo656
03-28-2014, 05:06 AM
You'd know, you're the expert on reviewing things you never played.

I seriously wouldn't doubt that CC has a ton of user reviews posted on gamefaqs, exclusively of games he didn't play, but heard other people hated. :lol:

CyberCubed
03-28-2014, 08:30 AM
You guys act like you haven't been playing handhelds for the last 20 years. Licensed handheld games are almost always terrible.

Even "big" games like the Batman: Blackgate game on 3DS based on the Arkham series got fairly mediocre reviews.

Ninjinister
03-28-2014, 09:59 AM
You guys act like you haven't been playing handhelds for the last 20 years.

And you act like you have.

Leo656
03-28-2014, 10:28 AM
:lol: Yeah really. MY point was, CC is the king of, "I haven't played it, seen it, or done it, but boy, everyone I agree with said it was terrible. And since I agree with them and let them decide things for me, it saves me the trouble of, y'know, having any of my own experiences."

Nothing to do with the general quality or lack thereof in licensed handheld games. Frankly, I don't own any. But it's never a bad idea to have an opinion that isn't just rented from someone else, brah.

Stop and smell the roses for yourself once in a while, don't let other people just describe 'em to you. Some smell less like roses and more like sh*t. So what? Plenty more flowers out there, buddy, just move along and keep pluckin'.

fridaynightdestination
03-29-2014, 02:22 PM
Well at least it's not mobile only like Iron Man 3 I just hope that game is coming to consoles. A TMNT fighting game with PS4 graphics could be awesome. Though if it's on 3DS only I'll still get it. It could be good.

Tuxedo Moroboshi
03-30-2014, 05:10 AM
the psuedo movie game "Out of the Shadows"
Er, wha? I'd call "Out of the Shadows" more of a psuedo Nick toon game than a psuedo Bay movie game, honestly.

chrisdude
03-30-2014, 03:01 PM
Well at least it's not mobile only like Iron Man 3 I just hope that game is coming to consoles. A TMNT fighting game with PS4 graphics could be awesome. Though if it's on 3DS only I'll still get it. It could be good.I wouldn't mind a mobile game, too. But I suppose that's almost a definite...

Ninjinister
03-30-2014, 04:56 PM
Er, wha? I'd call "Out of the Shadows" more of a psuedo Nick toon game than a psuedo Bay movie game, honestly.

He's an idiot. Pretty much nothing he's ever said has ever made sense.

RatKingLeo
03-30-2014, 09:06 PM
Well at least it's not mobile only like Iron Man 3 I just hope that game is coming to consoles. A TMNT fighting game with PS4 graphics could be awesome. Though if it's on 3DS only I'll still get it. It could be good.

I agree with you, I would love to see it for PS4. But I will get it for the DS regardless but Im hoping for a console version

TheCanadiandrome
03-31-2014, 01:21 AM
I'll try it

CowabungaMikey
04-05-2014, 05:31 AM
Can't wait, really cool! If it's only coming to DS it's weird, but I'l only have a PC, a DS and a Wii so I'm fine with that

Shark_Blade
04-06-2014, 04:15 AM
3DS? Awesome, look forward to it. :D :tcool:

Because a handheld licensed game always sucks.Watch your foul mouth imma throw your ass into a garbage can.

TMNT_Guy
04-06-2014, 12:48 PM
Because a handheld licensed game always sucks.
Not all of them.

Hxy3ZSW20VI

oldmanwinters
04-23-2014, 09:45 AM
Not all of them.

Hxy3ZSW20VI

I'm also a fan of the original Gameboy trilogy of Turtles games. None of them were great, but they were all enjoyable for what they were. The graphics and sprite-art were surprisingly good too, especially Back from the Sewers.

shredder orokusaki
04-23-2014, 11:25 AM
They must release also on pc ps4 and xbox one. Recently we saw a lot of 3 ds games coming to pc and consoles(Resident evil revelations batman blackgate castlevania mirror of fate.e.t.c.). It is possible that a HD version of it will come to pc and consoles after some months just like what happend with batman blackgate castlevania mirror of fate and resident evil.

Donatello19
04-23-2014, 02:27 PM
Do you guys honestly think it's only gonna be on the 3DS? :roll:

Chris_a_Bunga
04-23-2014, 07:52 PM
I really just hope they make a Lego Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game, if they can do Pirates of the Caribbean and The Hobbit TMNT is a sure shot. and I would LOVE to see it

DevilSpooky
04-24-2014, 12:08 AM
I really just hope they make a Lego Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game, if they can do Pirates of the Caribbean and The Hobbit TMNT is a sure shot. and I would LOVE to see it

Yeah, I really think we should start sending mails to Viacom and TT Games telling we want a LEGO TMNT, just think about it, they could make a story where various incarnations of the TMNT join forces to kick some serious shell, kinda like Turtles Forever but in a larger scale with Mirage, Fred Wolf, 4Kids, Nick and PD Movie turtles, hell, I would even welcome some Next Mutation turtles in there :P

Whatswiththeheadbands?
04-24-2014, 10:33 AM
I would even welcome some Next Mutation turtles in there :P

Yeah, released on a DLC that No one would buy:trazz:

The Turtle Terminator
04-25-2014, 02:07 PM

I'd love to see something like this. The LEGO video games are well thought out and have extremely good graphics. I'd also like to see some of the voice actors as well.

Bry
04-25-2014, 02:22 PM
Not all of them.

Hxy3ZSW20VI

YEAH. I really love this game, though I actually managed to lose my copy during a move about five or six years ago. But I recently found a used copy in a pawn shop for $10, which was an insta-buy. Still holds up.

River City Ransom-style beat-'em-ups never get old.