PDA

View Full Version : Turtles in time re shelled re download?

turtlefanforever
04-08-2014, 10:50 PM
I know with some games you buy on psn (I've done this before) you can sign in on someone else's account (or your account) on another playstation and download it. Would that work with reshelled even though its discontinued?

Shark_Blade
04-09-2014, 02:57 AM
Never did it but I'm glad I bought it before it's taken off.

Pity though it's discontinued.

swing_kinker
04-09-2014, 03:37 AM
I wish it had been discontinued by the time I bought it, hated it. The original is in my top 5 games of all time and they took everything fun about that game and dumped on it

turtlefanforever
04-09-2014, 11:32 AM
I know up to 5 ps3's can use your account at once so like could somebody do this? or is it just impossible now?

Andrew NDB
04-09-2014, 11:54 AM
A pity we can't go back in time and discontinue it before it ever came out.

Candy Kappa
04-09-2014, 11:56 AM
I really enjoyed the game, so I'm glad I got it before it was taken down.

Xav
04-09-2014, 02:19 PM
A pity we can't go back in time and discontinue it before it ever came out.Was it really that bad?

Shark_Blade
04-09-2014, 04:46 PM
Depends on people I guess.

I had fun playing multiplayer. :tcool:

Donatello19
04-09-2014, 04:51 PM
I find it funny how none of you have the decency to answer his question :P I would but I know nothing about PS3's...I downloaded the game on the Xbox 360.

DevilSpooky
04-09-2014, 05:11 PM
I know with some games you buy on psn (I've done this before) you can sign in on someone else's account (or your account) on another playstation and download it. Would that work with reshelled even though its discontinued?

Yes you can. The game is still available for everyone who bought it before, you just can't buy it anymore

I wish it had been discontinued by the time I bought it, hated it. The original is in my top 5 games of all time and they took everything fun about that game and dumped on it

It's the exact same game, only thing they did was improve the graphics and change the soundtrack, and that one was only because they didn't had the rights for the original anymore. And no, they didn't take out any levels, nor did they change any boss fights, this one is based on the original Arcade version and not the improved SNES version that had those changes, although they did drop the ball there.

turtlefanforever
04-09-2014, 05:34 PM
Yes you can. The game is still available for everyone who bought it before, you just can't buy it anymore

Alright thanks. Well somebody with it PM me? My last ps s**t the bed and I lost all my stuff. I got a new one and I didn't know the birthday and stuff to sign into my account cause my uncle made it and I haven't talked to him in years. So yeah, just PM me if you're willing to trust me enough to try and do it under your name on my ps3, you can have mine too idc I just want this game.

ProactiveMan
04-09-2014, 07:39 PM
I read the reviews when it came out and decided to give it a miss, but then almost as soon as they took it down I regretted not buying it. I also wish I had bought Turtles IV for SNES before it became absurdly expensive.

Gabriel GP
04-09-2014, 09:28 PM
Just a little detail, you can only share your psn account with 2 ps3, not 5 anymore.

DevilSpooky
04-10-2014, 12:41 AM
Just a little detail, you can only share your psn account with 2 ps3, not 5 anymore.

Only content released after november 18, 2011 is restricted to 2 active systems, since this was released in 2009 you can have it active in 5.

And to the TC, game sharing is against SONY's ToS, and could get you banned from the PSN so no one would risk it.

Rooish
04-10-2014, 09:53 PM
Can you download this game to play on a PC?

Also why did it get such bad reviews--it looks great!

DevilSpooky
04-10-2014, 10:23 PM
Can you download this game to play on a PC?

Also why did it get such bad reviews--it looks great!

Console only.

Because people only knew about the SNES version and think they changed/removed some things from the original, when in truth this was based on the original Arcade version, since the SNES couldn't have 4 player co-op they compensate that by making a new level and change around some of the bosses, this version doesn't have those changes. Other people also complaint about the change in the music, but they didn't had the rights for it so they had to change it.

Yes, it sucks they didn't went the extra mile and just remade the SNES version with the 4 player co-op from the arcade version, but who knows, maybe they had trouble aquiring those rights since the original was made by Konami and this one by Ubisoft.

Anyway, the game is as good as any other version, and I'm glad I bought it before it was taken down.

swing_kinker
04-16-2014, 12:59 PM

It's the exact same game, only thing they did was improve the graphics and change the soundtrack, and that one was only because they didn't had the rights for the original anymore. And no, they didn't take out any levels, nor did they change any boss fights, this one is based on the original Arcade version and not the improved SNES version that had those changes, although they did drop the ball there.

well I'm afraid we disagree massively there. If by improved graphics you mean Desaturation of all the colour, looser controls, worse music and much less life and character then sure. If you like it then good, I'm chuffed for you but I personally hated it

Whatswiththeheadbands?
04-16-2014, 01:14 PM
I'd buy it if it was still on.

DevilSpooky
04-16-2014, 05:04 PM
well I'm afraid we disagree massively there. If by improved graphics you mean Desaturation of all the colour, looser controls, worse music and much less life and character then sure. If you like it then good, I'm chuffed for you but I personally hated it

You right, the graphis are a lot worse now, just look at them

http://wiseguyindustries.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/turtles-in-time-gameplay1.jpg

http://www.craveonline.com/images/stories/upl_images/TMNT-TIT09-Screenshot-PirateShip3.jpg

You're right about the music though, but they had no choice but change it.