PDA

View Full Version : Amazon purchases Comixology

Raph's Girl
04-10-2014, 04:09 PM
Doesn't say how much Amazon got em for but they are to be a subsidiary of Amazon.com

https://www.comixology.com/message

Sofistocat
04-10-2014, 04:21 PM
it may not be a full on acquisition. it just states they have partnered up. I would say amazon just bought a stake in comixology.

Raph's Girl
04-11-2014, 03:45 PM
it may not be a full on acquisition. it just states they have partnered up. I would say amazon just bought a stake in comixology.

From my understanding the deal isn't finalized yet and won't be for several months. Comixology will be a subsidiary of Amazon.

Sofistocat
04-12-2014, 08:57 PM
From my understanding the deal isn't finalized yet and won't be for several months. Comixology will be a subsidiary of Amazon.

True, read that. I believe Amazon put bucks up for this deal, just can't see Comixology letting Amazon become the standalone platform for their product. My 2 cents...

plastroncafe
04-12-2014, 11:22 PM
Guess this means I'm never getting an official Dark Horse app for my Kindle Fire.

chrisdude
04-17-2014, 12:03 PM
I'll be watching this. I'mfascinated by digital comics, but hesitant to put money into it. I'm paranoid about buyouts and such, when it comes to digital purchases with copy protection. I didn't even start messing with iTunes until they dropped that stuff.

Of course, I already have a bunch of comics on there, because Marvel includes digital edition codes with so many issues.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
04-17-2014, 12:06 PM
Would this means that I will be able to buy the comixology e cards on Amazon now?

Sofistocat
04-17-2014, 12:21 PM
Would this means that I will be able to buy the comixology e cards on Amazon now?

most likely yes. They are gonna push a converged platform for sure...

Whatswiththeheadbands?
04-17-2014, 12:23 PM
most likely yes. They are gonna push a converged platform for sure...

That seems like a very good idea. Looking forward to what Amazon do with this new purchase.

chrisdude
04-17-2014, 12:27 PM
My only fear is Kindle getting some kind of exclusives, early releases, or any sort of priority.

Sofistocat
04-17-2014, 12:31 PM
My only fear is Kindle getting some kind of exclusives, early releases, or any sort of priority.

Good point, but I think Amazon might be aware the comixology loyalists and customers most likely don't use kindles. Not to say I would be suprised if Amazon released a "comic" themed kindle the way microsoft releases themed xbox's.

chrisdude
04-17-2014, 12:36 PM
Good point, but I think Amazon might be aware the comixology loyalists and customers most likely don't use kindles. Not to say I would be suprised if Amazon released a "comic" themed kindle the way microsoft releases themed xbox's.Darn it. That sounds cool.

Sofistocat
04-17-2014, 12:44 PM
Darn it. That sounds cool.

If you see such a kindle released now, you know who Amazon stole the idea from...

Zulithe
04-17-2014, 01:52 PM
awesome... amazon taking comics very seriously it seems. Hopefully they make it so you can access all of your comixology stuff through amazon kindle eventually so i can consolidate my collections

what next? amazon to purchase VIZ? I really like their manga app