PDA

View Full Version : Nicktoons has bumpers for this show?!

Aaronardo
04-11-2014, 04:27 PM
Well, that was odd...

I was watching Nick TMNT at 6:30 this morning before I went to work, and they were showing "New Girl in Town". Normally, when the 2nd commercial break starts, they would show the Nick TMNT and say that they're next. This morning, however, someone must've hit the wrong button, because the 2003 TMNT were seen instead of the Nick ones, all along with its own dialogue! But what does this mean? Nicktoons has it all set up to show the 2k3 series! If they have a "coming up next" bumper, surely that's not the only one they made.

Now, we do know that Nicktoons had planned to air the 2k3 TMNT beforehand, but didn't. But we can only speculate that they could be planning it, because if they had made up their minds enough, they would've deleted the bumpers by now. So, is it just a thing lost in time or could they possibly be planning it? I'll leave that for everyone to decide.

(And, no. This isn't a troll post. I recall the announcer saying "use some Turtle Power!" or something like that, and the TMNT themselves were in a pose similar to the ones on the front of the US DVD release of Turtles Forever).

Donatello19
04-11-2014, 05:41 PM
I'm betting it was a mistake. Looking at their schedule online, another Nick TMNT episode came on after the one you mentioned, so they probably just use the old bumpers they made for 2K3 for the new show. Who knows, though.

turtlefanforever
04-11-2014, 05:41 PM
If I can watch 2k3 on tv I will.

Sewer Sirens Podcast
04-11-2014, 05:43 PM
That would be really cool to see the 2003 show on TV again. I hope this means something significant, but it's just hopeful thinking as of now.

snake
04-11-2014, 06:05 PM
That's neat. Maybe one day nick will air the 2k3 series in the future.

Blossombrooks
04-11-2014, 06:06 PM
I don't want to get my hopes up but that would be great! I'd like to see the new younger fans reaction to the 2k3 show too.

CyberCubed
04-11-2014, 06:11 PM
While the show airing on TV again would be nice, I would prefer a full DVD release instead.

Bossa Nova
04-11-2014, 06:18 PM
While the show airing on TV again would be nice, I would prefer a full DVD release instead.

If they played it on tv, that would certainly help garner attention for it among the new generation and likely increase the chances of a DvD release.

CyberCubed
04-11-2014, 07:03 PM
If they played it on tv, that would certainly help garner attention for it among the new generation and likely increase the chances of a DvD release.

Well my guess is the reason they might air it on TV is to expose it to a new younger audience so they can eventually ask their parents to buy the DVDs. So you're right.

Remember its been over a decade since the 4kids series began. Entire generations of kids and even older fans watching the Nick series have never seen it before. Airing it on TV to hype up eventual DVD releases is smart.

Aaronardo
04-11-2014, 08:51 PM
I'm betting it was a mistake. Looking at their schedule online, another Nick TMNT episode came on after the one you mentioned, so they probably just use the old bumpers they made for 2K3 for the new show. Who knows, though.

Yes, I, Monster aired afterwards. Also, they had never used them before (not even during TF, if I recall correctly). But, that would be interesting, seeing this as a possibility of getting it on DVD, finally! But we can only hope right now.

TheSkeletonMan939
04-12-2014, 07:09 PM
This gives me a little more hope that this series will see the light of day again.

CyberCubed
04-12-2014, 07:16 PM
This gives me a little more hope that this series will see the light of day again.

For the millionth time, the fact that Nick paid $10 million for the show always made it obvious they were going to do something with it eventually. They obviously just sat on it for a while because they needed to make sure the Nick cartoon was a success.

Now that the Nick cartoon is popular they probably don't have to fear about little kids being confused about two different TMNT cartoons on the air.

rickwj324
04-21-2014, 06:29 PM

What he said!!!! :D

Shark_Blade
04-21-2014, 06:37 PM
For the millionth time, the fact that Nick paid $10 million for the show always made it obvious they were going to do something with it eventually. $10 million? Lol that's kinda low. I'm pretty sure it's faaar more than that. :lol:

CyberCubed
04-21-2014, 06:45 PM
$10 million? Lol that's kinda low. I'm pretty sure it's faaar more than that. :lol:

What are you talking about? It was flat out confirmed by PL back in 2009 they bought the show for $10 million. That's actually quite a lot for a canceled cartoon.

Shark_Blade
04-21-2014, 06:48 PM
What are you talking about? It was flat out confirmed by PL back in 2009 they bought the show for $10 million. That's actually quite a lot for a canceled cartoon.

Mhhmm.. ;)

Nickelodeon, the world's number-one entertainment brand for kids, global intellectual property rights to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the hit television, film and video game property that has delighted kids around the world for the last 25 years. The aggregate purchase price for the transactions is approximately $60 million.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=60220

Viacom had bought the complete rights of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise from Peter Laird for $60 million
http://turtlepedia.wikia.com/wiki/Nickelodeon

http://i.imgur.com/gEkTJUh.gif

Sewer Sirens Podcast
04-21-2014, 07:10 PM
He means particularly the 2003 show, not the whole franchise.

Shark_Blade
04-21-2014, 07:29 PM
He means particularly the 2003 show, not the whole franchise.Evidence?

Btw, why would anyone pay for a show when you can pay for the whole franchise. :tcool:

Jester
04-21-2014, 07:34 PM
Because even Laird didn't own all of it....as far as I know Fred Wolf still owns the rights to that series.

CyberCubed
04-21-2014, 07:43 PM
Evidence?

Btw, why would anyone pay for a show when you can pay for the whole franchise. :tcool:

Where on earth is all this coming from? PL sold the TMNT franchise for $60 million, but $10 million of that was particularly for the 4kids series. So PL only sold the rest of the franchise for $50 million.

Also Mirage didn't fully own the 2k3 series, they co-produced it with 4kids. It's good that Nick bought the series because when 4kids went bankrupt a few years later the 4kids series might have been left in limbo. At least now we know Nick owns it.

Ramboraph4life aka Matt
04-21-2014, 08:19 PM
It's good that Nick bought the series because when 4kids went bankrupt a few years later the 4kids series might have been left in limbo. At least now we know Nick owns it.

Well...if they never do anything with it, then it didn't matter whether they bought it or not...and there is no guarantee that they will, either.

Shark_Blade
04-21-2014, 08:19 PM
Because even Laird didn't own all of it....as far as I know Fred Wolf still owns the rights to that series.From what I read, Peter Laird owned it all; hence why they bought it all from him.

Where on earth is all this coming from? PL sold the TMNT franchise for $60 million, but $10 million of that was particularly for the 4kids series. So PL only sold the rest of the franchise for $50 million.

Also Mirage didn't fully own the 2k3 series, they co-produced it with 4kids. It's good that Nick bought the series because when 4kids went bankrupt a few years later the 4kids series might have been left in limbo. At least now we know Nick owns it.
Please provide facts or evidence to support your claim.
http://i.imgur.com/pMhcQYe.gif
I can't seem to find anything online.

Ramboraph4life aka Matt
04-21-2014, 08:26 PM
From what I read, Peter Laird owned it all; hence why they bought it all from him.

You can own the characters without owning the shows and such.

For example, I doubt Peter Laird owned any of the live action films that New Line Cinema released. It had characters that were owned by Peter Laird (and, of course, co-created), but he didn't own those movies at all. Same with the 2003 cartoon.

And I don't think Peter Laird ever 'owned' the 80's cartoon.

Jester
04-21-2014, 08:45 PM
You can own the characters without owning the shows and such.

For example, I doubt Peter Laird owned any of the live action films that New Line Cinema released. It had characters that were owned by Peter Laird (and, of course, co-created), but he didn't own those movies at all. Same with the 2003 cartoon.

And I don't think Peter Laird ever 'owned' the 80's cartoon.
So much this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles#Ownership_rights

CyberCubed
04-21-2014, 10:04 PM
The first two cartoons were a co-production with Mirage, Mirage itself obviously never had the money to produce a cartoon on its own.

The reason Nick doesn't own the original cartoon is because Lionsgate/Fred Wolf always had the rights to it and Mirage didn't. Unless Lionsgate decides to sell it to Nick someday, they'll never have it.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
04-22-2014, 03:09 AM
I do hope Nick do something with this show. Even if it means just airing again on TV. As long as they do SOMETHING with it, I'll be happy.

Kanon
04-22-2014, 07:12 AM
I do hope Nick do something with this show. Even if it means just airing again on TV. As long as they do SOMETHING with it, I'll be happy.

I would also be fine with just airing the show again.
If the show is on nick HD, it would be a better quality and they have another show for more grown up kids.
These endless Replays of Spongebob are killing me. :(

Whatswiththeheadbands?
04-22-2014, 01:18 PM
I would also be fine with just airing the show again.
If the show is on nick HD, it would be a better quality and they have another show for more grown up kids.
These endless Replays of Spongebob are killing me. :(

I don't even watch Spongebob anymore. The newer episodes are disgusting and awful.

Aaronardo
04-22-2014, 03:47 PM
Would be neat if instead of having two Nick TMNTs in a row on Sunday mornings they had a Nick TMNT and then a 4kids TMNT after it now that I think about it.

Kanon
04-23-2014, 12:11 AM
I don't even watch Spongebob anymore. The newer episodes are disgusting and awful.

Neither do I, but everytime I turn on nick there is this stupid Spongebob!!!

TheBlueTurtle1
04-23-2014, 01:47 AM
I think we are all hoping this is the start of a box set DVD release;)

The Turtle Terminator
04-23-2014, 03:24 PM
I think we are all hoping this is the start of a box set DVD release;)

Nickelodeon if you're reading this, please release this!

Aaronardo
04-23-2014, 04:55 PM
Neither do I, but everytime I turn on nick there is this stupid Spongebob!!!

According to the consensus:
All of Nick's Current Terrible Cartoons:
- SpongeBob
- Sanjay and Craig
- Breadwinners
- The (I'm holding all my anger in right now) Rabbids
- Legends of Awesomeness
All of Nick's Current Good Shows:
- TMNT
- Legend of Korra
And, enthusiastically, I agree.
When only two out of your seven cartoons (which, by the way, is waaaay too little), are actually good, and the only ones you actually endorse are the stupid-ass ones, you've got problems.
If I were Viacom, I would look at this a whole different look to this. But since I'm not... ugh.
It'd be nice if this show aired on Nick. At least we'll have one more good show to look forward to.

Cure
04-23-2014, 05:31 PM
When only two out of your seven cartoons (which, by the way, is waaaay too little), are actually good, and the only ones you actually endorse are the stupid-ass ones, you've got problems.

But they don't have problems at all, considering their target audience, the kids, love those shows. If you were Viacom, you would have bankrupted Nickelodeon by now. Especially if you would even consider taking SpongeBob down.

Aaronardo
04-23-2014, 07:25 PM
But they don't have problems at all, considering their target audience, the kids, love those shows. If you were Viacom, you would have bankrupted Nickelodeon by now. Especially if you would even consider taking SpongeBob down.

You make a good point. And if I were Viacom, I would keep SpongeBob on the air even if the writers can't do anything with it anymore and just air reruns, just not as many as they do now (7 hours. WAAY too much).
However, the argument could be made that if more shows like TMNT and Avatar were made, more people watch them. Basically, the way children's programming works is that you provide exciting visuals to keep the kids engaged. This goes along with the "All Kids are Idiots" nonsense, but it seems to work, anyway. Wouldn't TMNT and Avatar count as exciting visuals?
Another, more effective method is scheduling. SpongeBob, as mentioned earlier, comes on nearly 7 hours a day, so there's no way anyone who watches Nick regularly is going to miss the sponge. I believe Sanjay and Craig and Breadwinners are so popular because of their scheduling. They both come on every Saturday morning, which has been established as the peak of children's programming. I mean, it's proven that the two get their most ratings on Saturday mornings. Meanwhile, TMNT is shoved to Sunday mornings, which doesn't quite work out with Christian families without DVR, and Legend of Korra is shoved to god-knows when.
Finally, (and this adds on to scheduling) taking advantage of people who have nothing to do. If a kid is really bored, they'll probably flip channels until they get to something "interesting". And since it's a well-known fact that most kids don't know the difference between good or bad (notice I say most), the kid'll probably just start liking that show. The main culprit of this, SpongeBob. Why else would it be so popular among kids with its bright colors, fast-moving animation and the fact that it's practically on 24/7.
So, where am I going with all this? This brings me to the conclusion that if most Nick shows were more at the quality TMNT or Avatar (and yes, of course, comedy shows. As long as they are legitimately funny with the consensus), more people would watch. Since adults would consider them worthwhile, quality shows, they'd watch it. And the kids, when flipping the channels, find these shows, settle with them, like them for the sake of liking them, and thus having two audiences with your shows at the same time. That's honestly how it works, and if Viacom/Nickelodeon did this, it would reel in plenty of viewers. How am I so sure? Go ahead. Find something besides the main 3 shows on Cartoon Network that is near as crazy as some of the shows Nickelodeon has as of now. Kids love Nickelodeon as of late thanks to the visuals, and it has been established as one of those channels. If they do this plan sometime, it will be genius. The kids will flip to Nick one day (since it's most kids' "favorite channel"), and see this new show, like it for the sake of liking it, and tell their friends, and those friends will tell their friends, some will tell their younger siblings passing it to a new generation. That's how it works.
So, that's at least my point of view on this whole situation with Nickelodeon. If something here doesn't make sense, I'll explain, since it's a lot of ground to cover in just one post.

Kanon
04-25-2014, 11:56 AM
- SpongeBob
- Sanjay and Craig
- Breadwinners
- Legends of Awesomeness

Add to the terrible list:
- The Fairly OddParents
- Tuff puppy

Ninjinister
04-25-2014, 03:17 PM
- SpongeBob
- Sanjay and Craig
- Breadwinners
- Legends of Awesomeness
All of Nick's Current Good Shows:
- TMNT
- Legend of Korra

Legends of Awesomeness? Terrible? I can't take anything you say seriously now.

Aaronardo
04-25-2014, 05:20 PM
Add to the terrible list:
- The Fairly OddParents
- Tuff puppy

OddParents has apparently gotten better since (surprisingly) Sparky was introduced. Haven't checked that out yet, but I like what I've seen. And Tuff Puppy? Really? I guess we all have our opinions. (Didn't include on list since it's only on Nicktoons now).

Legends of Awesomeness? Terrible? I can't take anything you say seriously now.

To be fair, I haven't watched it yet, I just heard it was bad by a bunch of people. I'll check it out soon.