PDA

View Full Version : What are you hunting for? (And hunting victories)

Vundi
04-15-2014, 08:10 PM
As a collector of anything will tell you, part of the fun is the hunt. Not, "I went down to Toys R Us today and picked up 2 more Foot Soldiers." More like looking for that 1 figure or piece of memorabilia for weeks or months only to finally stumble upon just what you've been looking for. I'm sure we've all experienced that once or twice. Be it online, at a store, flea market or garage sale...the thrill of finding that perfect item is like none other!

So I just thought I'd see what everyone is currently hunting for. As well as let people who have just found that elusive piece share their most recent hunting victory with us all (pics would be great).

Spidergreg
04-15-2014, 08:26 PM
I am currently hunting for bootlegged movie star turtles which i just lost a bid to
http://www.ebay.com.my/itm/291122403000?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1426.l2649

I am also looking for a black belt slash for less than $30 including shipping.

tmntfannumerouno
04-15-2014, 10:17 PM
I tend to hunt for Toy lines that I collected/wanted when I was a kid. My last big purchase was at a yard sale last year where I picked up a box full of good stuff for $30. Included was some Power Ranger zords, morphers, half of the technodrome, tmnt kala, a few other tmnt vehicles, A couple G1 transformers, and other random toys. The funny part is the woman having the sale said she was still holding on to the "good" toys so that was interesting in and of itself.
Anyway I can't wait for the yard sales to start picking up this year.

DevilSpooky
04-15-2014, 10:53 PM
I'm looking for the 5 turtles from the Next Mutation, they're the only turtles I don't have, that and the movie star turtles, but I'll get the movie classics ones to fill that spot.

Nameless
04-16-2014, 12:04 AM
giant Raph Troll and Giant movie 3 Raph.... then my giant OT collection is complete

Shedder
04-16-2014, 08:37 AM
2k3 Usagi, either 2k3 or 2k7 Karai all loose complete and 2k3 savanti
Man are they expensive though

darthwahl56
04-16-2014, 01:54 PM
Looking for the giant tmnt trolls

Memphis
04-16-2014, 01:55 PM
Hunting for a decently priced Scratch moc. My best hunting story is getting the Mutant Masters figures moc. I've been wanting them for about two years and finally got them in a set for 150 earlier this year. Super stoked about it! :D

rickwj324
04-16-2014, 02:24 PM
There are 3 figures I'm looking for to complete my vintage collection: 1)Large Krang, 2)Shogun Triceraton, and 3)SCRATCH!!!

In stores I'm currently hunting for the latest TMNT batch (Slash, Rahzar, New Splinter, Newtralizer, etc). I'm also looking for the Imaginext Plasticman/Martian Manhunter 2pk.

My latest obsession is the Play Arts Kai DC figures. I just picked up Arkham Asylum Batman, Arkham Asylum Joker, and Arkham City Catwoman. These things are SICK!! Can't wait to get them all!!! They are pricey but worth it. That upcoming Deathstroke is AWESOME!!

Rick

Vundi
04-16-2014, 02:46 PM
There are 3 figures I'm looking for to complete my vintage collection: 1)Large Krang, 2)Shogun Triceraton, and 3)SCRATCH!!!

In stores I'm currently hunting for the latest TMNT batch (Slash, Rahzar, New Splinter, Newtralizer, etc). I'm also looking for the Imaginext Plasticman/Martian Manhunter 2pk.

My latest obsession is the Play Arts Kai DC figures. I just picked up Arkham Asylum Batman, Arkham Asylum Joker, and Arkham City Catwoman. These things are SICK!! Can't wait to get them all!!! They are pricey but worth it. That upcoming Deathstroke is AWESOME!!

Rick

Is the newest TMNT wave out already??? I haven't seen any of them yet.

You know, I've always been a Marvel guy but I've seen some of the Batman figures at my local shop and I've actually thought about picking one up. They just look awesome as hell!

BlueKatanas
04-16-2014, 03:05 PM
I'm currently trying to hunt down all the OT stuff from my childhood (had quite the collection back in the day)

But my "holy grail" Toy collecting wise is the playmates Seaduck from the tailspin line. They're very rare, especially MIP and are pricy when they do show up once in a blue moon.

BlueKatanas
04-16-2014, 03:08 PM
Is the newest TMNT wave out already??? I haven't seen any of them yet.

I don't think so, but I'm in the same boat as rickwj324 - hunting for them till they show up!

zaktheneutrino
04-16-2014, 06:36 PM
I have been hunting a loose and complete 2k3 Hamato Yoshi for a few years now. I just can't force myself to pay eBay prices. I came close about a month ago when I found it in a lot of 2k3 figures but I was outbid by a dollar. Aside from that, I would like to find the toon accurate mutagen ooze with the Donnie figure to complete my set of 4. Loose and complete Fast Forward turtles are some others off the top of my head. I am hoping to hit some yard sales this summer. I feel like the 2k3 figures should start showing up as that era of kids are starting college and their parents are probably getting rid of some of their toys to sell to this college student lol

Zulithe
04-17-2014, 01:38 AM
LEGO Simpsons Collective Minifigure series. I found 10 packs at TRU yesterday, but I need the full set of 16 and I got 3 duplicates :P damn.

Ummm I don't know what else. I have MOST of the stuff I'm looking for on pre-order right now... I'm very thankful amazon is offering pre-orders on GotG marvel legends or else I'd be hunting all over the Bay Area for them in the coming weeks.

I guess I'm on the lookout for Transformers 4 (movie) figures, I really like dinobots.

As for TMNT stuff... Bandai Nick TMNT figures! But again I'll be able to pre-order those so that's not much of a hunt.

Waiting on the next Nick wave... I guess that about wraps it up. I'm not interested in vintage figures right now. But if I find a really good deal on some NECA turtles i'd probably buy them.

Wildcat
04-17-2014, 02:18 AM
Well theres alot of stuff I want. Im not really hunting for it. I know exactly where to buy it but I don't have the money.

As for TMNT I want the rest of the classics line and Im looking forward to the Half Shell Heroes figures. They're really cute. The basic figures. I don't need the the bigger stuff.

Raph
04-17-2014, 02:27 AM
Well as you know I'm the one hunting for autographs. You can view my collection by clicking the picture below. At the moment I'm trying to get the Nickelodeon actors, and soon going for the new movie people.

But in terms of really hunting? I'm still looking to find Jennifer Darling. She did the voice of Irma in the 80's cartoon and she's really hard to find.

But I'll keep trying, there were other actors recently added to my collection that took me years to get in contact with.

arkangel
04-17-2014, 11:02 AM
2 of my favorite acquisitions would have to be the full set of NECA turtles (loose) with bases I scored on ebay for 125US and my 1973 Rookies Police Car I took a year to get after losing out on 2 auctions.

Like a lot of you guys, I love the hunt the most. Currently on my radar is a loose Casey with accessories from the 2007 movie and the Revoltech turtles.
Great thread !

MrPliggins
04-17-2014, 04:09 PM
As far as toys, I really only want to acquire the accessories and missing armor for my loose Shogun Triceraton..

BlisterStockboy
04-17-2014, 04:15 PM
Currently I don't have a "holy grail". I've realized that it's pretty stupid to buy something on eBay for $49.99 instead of just waiting until the toy gets to Canada (like what I did with Cockroach Terminator.. God I was stupid). For a good 4 months, April O'Neil in the Nickelodeon line was the piece that I hunted for. After that it was finding a good deal for some NECA bootlegs, and I got those too.

I do have an interest in picking up the Australian Nickelodeon 6 Pack to not open, simply because I think it looks really nice. I'm also trying to put together a small collection of loose OT toys as well for characters that I care about, or toys that I think look cool.

Vundi
04-17-2014, 05:09 PM
I'm also trying to put together a small collection of loose OT toys as well for characters that I care about.

What characters might those be?

The Fifth Turtle
04-17-2014, 05:37 PM
One thing and one thing only. 1984 iron ons. I have three left to collect.

JOEMOE
04-17-2014, 08:21 PM
I am looking for rare fan clubs. I have splinter, bebop, and April with fan club flyers. I would love to find shredder and rocksteady.

AdamWarlock87
04-18-2014, 11:20 AM
right now just looking for loose complete Toon Irma, Shogun Shoate, Killer Bee, Needlenose, and the Mutations. Ive spent so much money on other things lately that I havent been able to finish these off for my collection.

BlisterStockboy
04-18-2014, 03:06 PM
What characters might those be?

Just to name a few :

Shredder
Bebop
Rocksteady
Krang
Foot soldier
Slash
Tokka
Rahzar

BlisterStockboy
04-19-2014, 08:48 PM
Ha! I ended up picking all of these for $10 today at a Toy Show in Mississauga
https://31.media.tumblr.com/47bfc29ab476fecb1169d1d77e6df9c6/tumblr_n4apsv6flr1tydimbo1_500.jpg

The Baxter Stockman has a GREAT paintjob.. It's just a shame that he's missing a wing. I was also surprised that the Metalhead is 1/3 complete : I've never seen him loose with the backpack.

psychturtle
04-20-2014, 07:32 AM
Hunting for a MIP Neca Leonardo and the 3-pack mousers bubble case. Have the other 3 and April. Also hunting for MOC donatello and Michelangelo 1988 cards.

Also buying as much blue metallic ooze as possible as well as the new yellow ooze (will be more rare that the other colors years later).

In addition, I'm always hunting for new Hot Toy 1/6 figures!

JonesyKitty
04-20-2014, 04:09 PM
heres what i am currently looking for

-Zak, Kala, Dask figures
-Tyranno Shredder
-Supermutant Bebop
-Mondo Gecko
-Hot Head
-Creature from the black Lagoon Leo
-Wingnut & Screw Loose
-Stretch Shredder
-Slice N Dice Shredder

snake
04-20-2014, 04:35 PM
I WAS hunting for the MM wave, but I found those with the help of a friend. I'm currently looking for some ooze.

billbot85
04-20-2014, 07:23 PM
Right now I'm hunting for an '88 Leo MOC and '88 Rocksteady MOC, both hard heads, in order to complete my line of 1988 figures. They've been the hardest to come by on ebay, and I usually get sniped or outbid every time. :tmad:

precision
04-20-2014, 08:33 PM
If anyone knows about the new Jurassic Park line they are planning to release two more dino showdown sets this year. I hoping the stegosaurus has less flashy colors than the first ones.

turtlefanforever
04-20-2014, 11:00 PM
The trolls , all the "magic" series for lack of a better word. With sorcerer splinter and such. As well as universal monsters

Nameless
04-21-2014, 02:54 PM
just picked a Giant Troll Raph. now all i need is the Giant movie 3 samurai Raph to finish off my OT giants collection...

nevermore
04-21-2014, 03:59 PM
My modest bounty list:

1. 1988 Soft Heads Turtles MOC (with or without Fan Club)
Looking for the right price and condition to come along, I know I should jump in soon because the prices look to be going up in the foreseeable future.

2. 1992 Movie Stars Turtles Loose (with belts and main weapons)
These are awesome in so many way. I'm a huge Jim Henson fan, plus I love the soft feel/texture of these.

My modest collection:

1. 1984 Mirage TMNT #1 (3rd printing) signed by Eastman & Laird in the mid '80s with doodles on the inside cover.

2. 2008 NECA TMNT NYCC Exclusive signed by Eastman - In my opinion the granddaddy of all NECA items.

Vundi
04-21-2014, 04:21 PM
Just to name a few :

Shredder
Bebop
Rocksteady
Krang
Foot soldier
Slash
Tokka
Rahzar

I may have some spares of those. All my stuff is complete. I'll have to dig around though.

Vundi
04-24-2014, 06:49 PM
2. 1992 Movie Stars Turtles Loose (with belts and main weapons)
These are awesome in so many way. I'm a huge Jim Henson fan, plus I love the soft feel/texture of these.

Any luck? I have some extras of stuff I'm gonna be digging out soon. I'll see what I've got.

UnderCover Jay.
05-01-2014, 02:18 PM
few im looking for seem to always get away

Hot Spot Complete Or Near Complete

Screw Loose

Universal Monsters Raph (As The Lobster )

Universal Monsters Leo As the Creature.

Shogun26
05-01-2014, 02:28 PM
few im looking for seem to always get away

Hot Spot Complete Or Near Complete

Screw Loose

Universal Monsters Raph (As The Lobster )

Universal Monsters Leo As the Creature.

I have a loose complete screwloose if you don't mind someone's initials on the foot and dirt on the belt. Send me a pm!

Nameless
05-05-2014, 08:44 PM
just won an auction for a giant movie 3 samurai Raph. completing my OT Giant set. perfect way to celebrate the 30th anniversary:D

tfranzone
05-06-2014, 01:47 PM
trying to get my original figures back.. still have my deluxe collectors case for 20 figures with some in there.. but they are just a few random ones and not complete.. looking to score a handful of loose figures with at least some accessories for each. always checking ebay and the threads here but sometimes its just too pricey. I currently have from my collection as a child...deluxe collectors case,head dropping raph, slash, leo,mikey, hockey playing leo, football playing don, space cadet raph, detective don, and the bebop and rocksteady figures dressed as foot ninja's where you put the trigger system to have them kickbox in their backs and heads popped up. those are fun.

I would also love to get the Remco Duelin Dude rock em sock em game back.. i loved that as a kid, played with it constantly! too bad its impossible to find for a halfway decent price nowadays, if you even find it. The mutation turtles that folded into the shell and all 4s were really fun too!

darthwahl56
05-06-2014, 06:28 PM
I am trying to get a hold of a next mutation Raph. I almost had one, but someone else wanted to pay way more on Ebay.

turtlefanforever
05-06-2014, 08:08 PM
Tmnt Hikari turtles

darthwahl56
05-06-2014, 08:52 PM
just won an auction for a giant movie 3 samurai Raph. completing my OT Giant set. perfect way to celebrate the 30th anniversary:D

I just won giant movie star versions of Raph, Mikey, and Leo. They each have some paint missing on their pads, but they look good for the most part; Leo looks the best. None have of them have weapons, though I do have a Mikey nunchuck that I won in an accessory Lot last year. It looks like it came from the non-movie giant Mikey.

Nameless
05-06-2014, 09:01 PM
I just won giant movie star versions of Raph, Mikey, and Leo. They each have some paint missing on their pads, but they look good for the most part; Leo looks the best. None have of them have weapons, though I do have a Mikey nunchuck that I won in an accessory Lot last year. It looks like it came from the non-movie giant Mikey.

nice i love the giants... other then my Raph, my giant movies turtles use different weapons. pretty sure Don and Leo use the original giant weapons and Mikey uses the nunchuk that came with my bootleg splinter.

my giant movie 3 samurai Leo uses a pair of wooden swords i have carved. i pan on making a set of weapons for my Trolls and my movie 3 raph when it comes in as well when i have time. long as i have the figure and i can display it i'm happy and i am very happy to complete my set.

plastroncafe
05-06-2014, 09:08 PM
I've an unused cover from the Mirage anthology trade, "Shell Shock," and my new quest is to get every person who has work in that book to sign it before I frame it. Thus far I've gotten Kevin, Peter, Lavigne, and Lawson. Long way to go from there, but not bad for a first go.

I'd love to get my hands on an unused cover for the Mirage Collected Vol. 2 trade cover, but I don't know if such a thing exists.

Thinking about maybe collecting April O'Neil figures, and I certainly want to get my hands on the Turtle Lego mini-figs.

tmntgoldcoin
05-07-2014, 11:03 AM
Still looking for a MIB next mutation katana sword. Haven't seen one in a while.

Ghostarmor204
05-07-2014, 09:43 PM
I'm hunting to complete the Universal Monster line. All I have is Dracula Don and Frankenstein Mike

UnderCover Jay.
05-08-2014, 02:36 PM
I'm hunting to complete the Universal Monster line. All I have is Dracula Don and Frankenstein Mike

same here

i need one more just one more lol

If anyone has Leo Black Lagoon Creature please let me know he's my last piece to the set

bobby6shotz
05-09-2014, 09:11 AM
Hunting for Raphael soft head fan club flyer moc, movie star raph moc, movie star leo moc, scratch loose complete or moc, Hot spot loose complete or moc, all undercover turtles moc except raph....sumo mike moc.... 88 bebop n rocksteady moc, Gatekeeper rocksteady moc, warrior bebop moc. That's about it right now. :trolleye:

Shogun26
05-09-2014, 09:14 AM
Hunting for Raphael soft head fan club flyer moc, movie star raph moc, movie star leo moc, scratch loose complete or moc, Hot spot loose complete or moc, all undercover turtles moc except raph....sumo mike moc.... 88 bebop n rocksteady moc, Gatekeeper rocksteady moc, warrior bebop moc. That's about it right now. :trolleye:

I have warrior bebop & savage leo for sale HERE (http://www.ebay.com/itm/301162230182?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649)

darthwahl56
05-09-2014, 11:24 AM
same here

i need one more just one more lol

If anyone has Leo Black Lagoon Creature please let me know he's my last piece to the set

I still need to get the second series universal tmnt. April is obviously the easiest to find.

Did you hunt for the different color accessories as well or just got one of each character?

Also I won a Don, Mikey, and Raph in retro style packaging that was featured in the custom section at one point. They were in the nick style packages, but with the artwork of the front of the card changed and the name insert changed as well to look kind of retro and new. I will try and get some pictures up.

bobby6shotz
05-09-2014, 09:07 PM
Hunting for every tmnt action figure ever made moc..except all the ones I already have 88-94 series lol. Thanks for the offer ^^^^^^

Turtle Freak88
05-10-2014, 09:34 PM
Last weekend went out of town and visited a local comic book shop and got a complete set of 1st ed Tmnt Idw #1 Covers A-D and the Fold out variant for cover price!

darthwahl56
05-12-2014, 02:13 AM
I won a Mutant Marauder (next mutation turtle van) for $107 and it says it can be signed by Peter Laird and it comes with a signed certificate of authenticity. The seller was Mirage Studios and the summary said they were clearing out their warehouse. :tsmile::tsmile::tsmile:

Knight_man
05-12-2014, 11:07 PM
Whatever unique item I find. So much out there. Fig wise, universal moc would be nice to get. Though trying not to break my bank. Since I am currently tearing down garage and fencing and rebuilding. No extra cash available at this time. Also redoing the room to showcsse in a new video.