PDA

View Full Version : [Question] Erm, why is Powder listed as being banned?

Mayhem
04-20-2014, 06:42 AM
Joke or real? Just noticed this while reading the newest posts in the collection thread...

Whatswiththeheadbands?
04-20-2014, 07:08 AM
I'm not quite sure, i'm search through his posts and I can't see anything that breaks that rules.

I suppose it's because he tends to be a bit, lets say, critical towards people sometimes.

Master Splinter
04-20-2014, 10:01 AM
I'm not quite sure, i'm search through his posts and I can't see anything that breaks that rules.

I suppose it's because he tends to be a bit, lets say, critical towards people sometimes.

I don't see anything that warrants a ban unless it was deleted. I hope he gets to come back, I like his posts.

-ms

Donatello19
04-20-2014, 10:07 AM
What? Powder was banned...? :cry:

I hope he comes back soon, he's one of the coolest guys on here.

Candy Kappa
04-20-2014, 10:17 AM
Say what..?

LivingMutagen
04-20-2014, 10:47 AM
Powder's banned? Seriously? Man, that sucks.

Tazi
04-20-2014, 11:00 AM
I hope it's a joke... :-?

I think he is a nice person... like sure, he had some harsher moments, but mostly they were reactions to really dumb and nerve-wracking posts, and somebody had to do it...

Kanon
04-20-2014, 11:16 AM
I think TrickorTreater was a lot harsher than him.
Hope someone banned can come back. :ohwell:

RaphAndDonnie
04-20-2014, 11:20 AM
Oh man I hope this is some kind of joke, Powder was a cool dude. I wander why he would have been banned...

Whatswiththeheadbands?
04-20-2014, 12:14 PM
I think TrickorTreater was a lot harsher than him.
Hope someone banned can come back. :ohwell:

tmntmikey23 came back from being banned.

Who knows, maybe Powder being banned is a temporary thing?

Cowabunga Carl
04-20-2014, 02:44 PM
It's sad to see Powder banned. What is going on?

Roseangelo
04-20-2014, 02:59 PM
I know Powder can push people's buttons, but I have not seen anything to justify this.

MikeandRaph87
04-20-2014, 03:00 PM
I hope it's a joke... :-?

I think he is a nice person... like sure, he had some harsher moments, but mostly they were reactions to really dumb and nerve-wracking posts, and somebody had to do it...

He is a total jerk and has insulted most of us more than once uncalled for. I am genuinely surprised when he is nice. He contributes to fandom so he will get a short leave and be back and act as usual with the temp ban not changing the poster for the better. Its happened a couple of times with long-time members here in the last year.

Candy Kappa
04-20-2014, 03:10 PM
He is a total jerk and has insulted most of us more than once uncalled for.

Uhuh, sure.

KROW
04-20-2014, 03:41 PM
Kinda surprised, as well. I see nothing in his recent posts that warrants this, but that might mean it's been deleted for clean-up purposes.

He is a total jerk and has insulted most of us more than once uncalled for. I am genuinely surprised when he is nice. He contributes to fandom so he will get a short leave and be back and act as usual with the temp ban not changing the poster for the better. Its happened a couple of times with long-time members here in the last year.

I know it's not for everybody, but have you heard of the Ignore List?

discordiatookie
04-20-2014, 03:58 PM
One've the nicest guys I've met on here. I've heard that it's a 2 week ban, thankfully, because this place wouldn't be the same without him!

snake
04-20-2014, 05:34 PM
That sucks. Powder was a great guy. Hopefully it's temporarily.

BubblyShell22
04-20-2014, 05:40 PM
He probably did something that caused him to get temp banned. He'll be back, and hopefully he won't do anything to warrant this again, though I haven't seen anything recently that would warrant this. Yes, he can be harsh at times, but most of the time, he's a pretty cool guy. I hope he does come back because his art is awesome.

Mayhem
04-20-2014, 05:47 PM
I was only asking because, like others have said, I couldn't see anything in his recent posts that would have justified any sort of ban. Unless whatever it was got deleted. Hence the question.

snake
04-20-2014, 05:49 PM
I also see trickortreater is banned as well.

BubblyShell22
04-20-2014, 05:57 PM
Yeah, Trick could sometimes be harsh, but then again, there were a lot of people being harsh in the Movie Thread with the whole positive and negative thing. That just got out of control over there.

snake
04-20-2014, 05:58 PM
Yeah, Trick could sometimes be harsh, but then again, there were a lot of people being harsh in the Movie Thread with the whole positive and negative thing. That just got out of control over there.

I just stopped posting there in fear of being banned.

Bry
04-20-2014, 07:03 PM
Whoa, really? That sucks. I know the tone on the movie threads got pretty... intense, but I didn't notice anything particularly ban-worthy from Powder, myself. And there was plenty of rudeness and obnoxious behaviour from some of the pro-movie posters, so if Powder was banned over that situation then I sure hope some of them were too.

I hope the ban's short-lived, though. He's a good dude and contributes a lot. Especially his awesome art projects. Those'll be missed.

TrickorTreater got into it with some posters, but it was hardly one-sided, and he at least backed up his points/arguments pretty well. More than I can say for some of the people he was arguing with. Again - there were plenty of rude, insulting comments from the pro-movie crowd, so if Powder and TrickorTreater are being singled out, that doesn't seem fair.

But it was just a pretty bad situation all around, honestly. Hopefully everyone can cool off and the bans will be lifted.

Blossombrooks
04-20-2014, 07:11 PM
Aw that's not good but hope it's not for long. He's a seriously talented guy and he does make the place entertaining!

Redeemer
04-20-2014, 07:20 PM
Say what..? :lol:
laughing at the comment not Powder

I also see trickortreater is banned as well.

I saw this coming, he could be very passionate on his topics. powder being banned I could see that happening as well. Not afraid to speak his mind.
His art was awesome, he single handedly kept the art forum from dying at time :lol:

hopefully they both are only a temp ban.

Jester
04-20-2014, 07:21 PM
He, Trick, & Chucker are only temp banned for 2 weeks.

raph27
04-20-2014, 07:51 PM
It's Easter.

Powder will rise from the grave.:tlol:

The Cheese Phone
04-20-2014, 07:54 PM
Am I the only one that feels it's just an Easter miracle? Sorry, not trying to hate but he really does seem to hate the world and everyone in it. Just calling it as I see it.

Jester
04-20-2014, 08:01 PM
I count him as a friend...

Ramboraph4life aka Matt
04-20-2014, 08:12 PM
Well, I do find the whole thing strange.

So someone can call you names (like being called a Dastard but with a B...did that so I'm not cursing and don't want to get banned) or disregard your opinions on a movie by going 'why are you complaining about a kid's film? Don't you know people are dying in Afghanistan and yet you can't stop harping on an upcoming kid's film'... and then bring up their brother dying over there...(and I'm not mentioning the folks who did that, cause I'm not trying to start trouble). But they don't get banned or even warned...

And yet some of these other people get banned? (and I did get a warning, and all I did was either defend myself or debate about a film without putting anyone down...which I thought was the point of a forum). But hey, it's their website not mine. I'm just easing off/away from it.

Now I am not even sure to post anywhere, wondering if somehow that will get myself banned/warned/etc...and Powder always seemed cool with me. Same with Trickortreater, when others did much worse and yet nothing happened. Again, am NOT trying to start things. Just stating MY OPINION on the matter.

Redeemer
04-20-2014, 08:24 PM
It's Easter.

Powder will rise from the grave.:tlol:

Best comment in this thread yet :lol:

also thanks Jester for clarifying glad to know this is only a temp ban for all who is involved

Machias Banshee
04-20-2014, 08:56 PM
To give further clarification to the situation:

Powder was one of several people that has been warned and/or given a two week ban due to the fighting in the movie section. Yes, a ton of cleanup has taken place... all parties on both sides are being looked at for their participation, no matter what their side was in the fighting.

These bans are only supposed to be limited to the movie section. Due to technical limitations, the bans were only able to be issued as forum-wide. Krang will assist in adjusting these and future two-week bans so that the parties whom have been on full bans will be reduced to sectional bans.

Nobody should be afraid to post in that section, or Any section. The staff here is not trigger-happy when it comes to bans. These two week bans are last-resort efforts to get users to abide by the forum rules. If we can avoid banning people, we won't ban them. We WANT people to be able to post where they want without worry of someone attacking them for their opinion.

Are the bans/warnings done? No... cleanup is still taking place, and the staff is still discussing things. Should people be nervous? Of course not... Everyone who's been warned or given a two week ban are always welcomed back to post in the forums, we just ask them to think about what they post a little more so we can avoid situations like this again.

This whole debacle in the movie section has been very difficult, personally. I haven't had to deal with so much fighting and issuing bans since the dark Leo nonsense from the 2003 series... I do not like banning people, period. But this situation in the Movie section forced our hand, so to speak.

And please, don't get into a pro/anti Powder quibble on here. We've had enough fighting here on the forums..

Redeemer
04-20-2014, 09:08 PM
I haven't had to deal with so much fighting and issuing bans since the dark Leo nonsense from the 2003 series...

People really fought over that?:lol:
Unbelievable....
Holy crap, but then again anything can happen. I argue the stupidest things sometimes myself so I shouldn't talk :P

Warhorse
04-20-2014, 09:20 PM
People really fought over that?:lol:
Unbelievable....
Holy crap, but then again anything can happen. I argue the stupidest things sometimes myself so I shouldn't talk :P

People argue over anything. But still, that argument over dark Leo must have been entertaining though.

snake
04-20-2014, 10:28 PM
To give further clarification to the situation:

Powder was one of several people that has been warned and/or given a two week ban due to the fighting in the movie section. Yes, a ton of cleanup has taken place... all parties on both sides are being looked at for their participation, no matter what their side was in the fighting.

These bans are only supposed to be limited to the movie section. Due to technical limitations, the bans were only able to be issued as forum-wide. Krang will assist in adjusting these and future two-week bans so that the parties whom have been on full bans will be reduced to sectional bans.

Nobody should be afraid to post in that section, or Any section. The staff here is not trigger-happy when it comes to bans. These two week bans are last-resort efforts to get users to abide by the forum rules. If we can avoid banning people, we won't ban them. We WANT people to be able to post where they want without worry of someone attacking them for their opinion.

Are the bans/warnings done? No... cleanup is still taking place, and the staff is still discussing things. Should people be nervous? Of course not... Everyone who's been warned or given a two week ban are always welcomed back to post in the forums, we just ask them to think about what they post a little more so we can avoid situations like this again.

This whole debacle in the movie section has been very difficult, personally. I haven't had to deal with so much fighting and issuing bans since the dark Leo nonsense from the 2003 series... I do not like banning people, period. But this situation in the Movie section forced our hand, so to speak.

And please, don't get into a pro/anti Powder quibble on here. We've had enough fighting here on the forums..

"...dark leo nonsense"

Elaborate please :lol:

Nameless
04-20-2014, 11:14 PM
"...dark leo nonsense"

probably best to leave sleeping dogs lie. :)

tmntmikey23
04-20-2014, 11:18 PM
powder was banned for 2 weeks like i was but i got banned early o well i guess when you break rules you get banned am i right

Redeemer
04-21-2014, 01:14 AM
powder was banned for 2 weeks like i was but i got banned early o well i guess when you break rules you get banned am i right

Welcome Back :)

Candy Kappa
04-21-2014, 04:35 AM
I can't remember reading anything from Powder that was any more "aggressive" then my own posts ( unless I missed them?). So... Will I also get a temp ban eventually?

Whatswiththeheadbands?
04-21-2014, 05:03 AM
I haven't had to deal with so much fighting and issuing bans since the dark Leo nonsense from the 2003 series...
It's posts like this that i wish i was on this site a lot earlier.

That argument sounds great:lol:

BubblyShell22
04-21-2014, 07:51 AM
"...dark leo nonsense"

They're talking about when Leo went all angsty in season 4 of the 2K3 series. Apparently there was a fight about it. Wish I had been around then. I think I was lurking, but I don't really remember it. I agree thought that the fighting in the movie forum was out of control with how people were reacting. I'm glad it got cleaned up and hopefully things will settle down. This place should be where everyone is allowed to post their opinions without getting attacked for it.

The Boston Ninja Turtle
04-21-2014, 07:55 AM
sad news i like trick and powder...i hope they weren't singled out

Whatswiththeheadbands?
04-21-2014, 07:57 AM
They're talking about when Leo went all angsty in season 4 of the 2K3 series. Apparently there was a fight about it. Wish I had been around then. I think I was lurking, but I don't really remember it. I agree thought that the fighting in the movie forum was out of control with how people were reacting. I'm glad it got cleaned up and hopefully things will settle down. This place should be where everyone is allowed to post their opinions without getting attacked for it.

When i read Dark Leo, for some reason, i thought of Leo's clone in Fast Forward.

blindturtle02
04-21-2014, 08:58 AM

Well said, Bubbly and Machi. I can honestly say I like everyone on these forums, and wish more energy would be devoted to having civilized conversations when differences of opinion crop up from time to time. Doesn't matter who you are, your opinion deserves to be heard, as well as respected. All the insults and name calling in the world aren't going to change the other person's mind. Why not listen to each other, for a change? We might learn something. Might actually make a few new friends too.

Rooish
04-21-2014, 10:09 AM
It's only a two week ban to make everyone play nice. I find Trick and Powder pretty caustic at times so maybe they'll take a deep breath.

snake
04-21-2014, 11:23 AM
It's posts like this that i wish i was on this site a lot earlier.

That argument sounds great:lol:

Just go surfing through the old threads. It's really fun.

turtlefanforever
04-21-2014, 12:24 PM
Powder was a menace on this site. So condescending and full of himself. It was a well deserved ban and a long time coming. He must have been warned a lot though cause leading up to the ban he really toned down his snarky behavior. trickortreater I understand as well but that's a little iffy. He is just very opinionated. He could sometimes come off as rude, but it wasn't blatant like powder. Where he would go into threads just to say something condescending. Either way I like the direction in which this site is going. It should be a fun place where people can openly discuss the turtles and not have to worry about being patronized. And might I add Jester has been nothing but class since getting his role as a mod. I must commend him for that.

EDIT: Reading through this I realize its only a two week ban. The fact that it is a two week ban should be considered nothing short of a miracle for him. I will welcome back trickortreater he's a nice dude just very opinionated like I said. I hope powder gets some help and comes back an actual nice person, and contributes to the forum in kind, helpful, and genuinely intrigued manner.

Cowabunga Carl
04-21-2014, 01:07 PM
Powder was a menace on this site. So condescending and full of himself. It was a well deserved ban and a long time coming. He must have been warned a lot though cause leading up to the ban he really toned down his snarky behavior. trickortreater I understand as well but that's a little iffy. He is just very opinionated. He could sometimes come off as rude, but it wasn't blatant like powder. Where he would go into threads just to say something condescending. Either way I like the direction in which this site is going. It should be a fun place where people can openly discuss the turtles and not have to worry about being patronized. And might I add Jester has been nothing but class since getting his role as a mod. I must commend him for that.

EDIT: Reading through this I realize its only a two week ban. The fact that it is a two week ban should be considered nothing short of a miracle for him. I will welcome back trickortreater he's a nice dude just very opinionated like I said. I hope powder gets some help and comes back an actual nice person, and contributes to the forum in kind, helpful, and genuinely intrigued manner.

You sir are an idiot.

Zulithe
04-21-2014, 01:14 PM
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/duty_calls.png

Remember this once the bans are lifted for all involved...

Life is too short!

Refractive Reflections
04-21-2014, 01:28 PM
Wow, I take a hiatus for 2 months, and I miss a lot... :lol:
Powder banned (as with a few others), Jester a moderator, the disintegrator unit stuffed with so many threads.

What else did I miss? :P

Whatswiththeheadbands?
04-21-2014, 01:40 PM
Wow, I take a hiatus for 2 months, and I miss a lot... :lol:
Powder banned (as with a few others), Jester a moderator, the disintegrator unit stuffed with so many threads.

What else did I miss? :P

Nothing much, really.

Refractive Reflections
04-21-2014, 01:43 PM
Nothing much, really.

I'm guessing the release of the movie trailer in late March "lit the powder keg" of arguments between members within the forums, so to speak... no pun intended. lol

LivingMutagen
04-21-2014, 02:32 PM

wut. Powder almost always contributes to the forum in a kind, helpful and intrigued manner. You're the guy who made all the 'boycott Nick' threads. And I hardly ever go in the movie sub-forum, so I have no idea who it is, but from what I can gather, he insulted more people than Powder.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
04-21-2014, 02:43 PM
I actually think powder's quite cool. He is far from the worst member on here. he has good ideas for what works and what doesn't with a particular part of the TMNT franchise, and he has some really awesome art.

I hope he does come back soon.

Andrew NDB
04-21-2014, 02:45 PM
You mean there's actual discussions on an internet message board? And people that don't agree with each other?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Q70UnpyOBLg/TQqQ1LKyZQI/AAAAAAAAAxU/4BIQfcMsJAo/s1600/black-woman-attitude.jpg

Sewer Sirens Podcast
04-21-2014, 03:02 PM
I'm guessing the release of the movie trailer in late March "lit the powder keg" of arguments between members within the forums, so to speak... no pun intended. lol
Even before then, whenever something official or unofficial about the movie was released, it seemed everyone would start an argument about it. Both supporters and non-supporters. Some arguments, especially after the trailer was released, were quite entertaining. But some people ragged on other people's opinions and even insulted them (both pro-movie and non-pro-movie people). It would happen all the time, it seemed like, and that's why they ended up basically temporarily shutting down the movie thread and, I guess, temporarily banning people.

DoctorFacilier
04-21-2014, 03:46 PM

You are the one who reported him like 50 times over nothing, and you brake the rules more than any other member. Are you here to gloat?

tmntmikey23
04-21-2014, 04:03 PM
Welcome Back :)

thanks dude

Nameless
04-21-2014, 04:04 PM
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/duty_calls.png

Remember this once the bans are lifted for all involved...

Life is too short!

hahaha this made me laugh. i think this is the first time i've seen a question post turn into a discussion.

i mean you ban most members and nobody panics, because thats just part of the forums. but you ban Powder and everyone loses there minds.

tmntmikey23
04-21-2014, 04:04 PM
You are the one who reported him like 50 times over nothing, and you brake the rules more than any other member. Are you here to gloat?

I reported him once not 50 times you will be lucky if you don't get banned for what you been PMing me about

DoctorFacilier
04-21-2014, 04:46 PM
I reported him once not 50 times you will be lucky if you don't get banned for what you been PMing me about

For telling you that you are to old to act like 8 year old? How dare i?

Jester
04-21-2014, 05:03 PM
For telling you that you are to old to act like 8 year old? How dare i?
Oh...hi Electric_Sheep.

tmnt transformer
04-21-2014, 05:10 PM
Wow... Powder was the last person I'd think would get banned... wonder why..

ZariusTwo
04-21-2014, 05:23 PM
A two-week vacation will probably help cool their jets and they'll be a bit more understanding and will probably evade more direct levels of snark and bait from those that ticked them off. We have ignore list functions

That said, I wish the ignore list didnt come with the option to still read what the blocked person is saying. The temptation is always there to get riled up

Not a big fan of Powder but he does a rep here and I'd hate to see him lose good standing with people over a movie that is, to be quite frank, way out of our desiganted age range

discordiatookie
04-21-2014, 05:31 PM

Wow, that's a bit much... Seems to me you've got a stick up your ass about something he's said and all you can see is faults in everything be posts... Now I have seen you try to bait him in the past and overspill discussions from one thread to another in an attempt to get a rise out of him. And now this personal attack seems like you've got a vendetta against him. Think you need to read back what you said about Powder and look in the mirror.

I promised myself I wouldn't get involved, but when I see people like Powder who actually contribute to the fandom on a temp ban and guys like him above spewing out what he does as consistently as he does, I can't hold my tongue.

CyberCubed
04-21-2014, 08:07 PM
Powder is probably reading this thread right now and you can contact him over at deviantart. You people act as if he's fallen off the face of the Earth or something. Two weeks will fly by.

Powder contributed art for Andrew's Mirage/Image comics and he brought the awareness of the term casuals to the fandom, so he has contributed more to this fandom than about 70% of the people here.

Navin Johnson
04-21-2014, 08:27 PM
I like Powder, and look forward to his return

Redeemer
04-21-2014, 08:59 PM
I'm guessing the release of the movie trailer in late March "lit the powder keg"

ZING!!! :lol: corny, but funny.

Another one bites the Dust.
(Please insert Meme here please):lol:

Machias Banshee
04-21-2014, 08:59 PM
Okay, I'm gonna stop this right here.

turtlefanforever, knock it off. You have gotten into plenty of hot water before with how you treat others here on the forums.

I"m going to put this thread on hold, simply because 1, we don't need anymore fighting, and 2, I'm still discussing this situation with the other mods and Krang.