PDA

View Full Version : What kind of collector are you?

Spidergreg
04-23-2014, 09:42 PM
I've seen some crazy stuff on here and i realize i am slightly different 'cos i don't collect everything TMNT like some of you. Some of you are collecting everything with a TMNT logo on it. This includes paper cups, erasers, pencils etc.

Me, i don't like comics, i don't like statues, and i recently found out that i don't like Legos too after purchasing my first real big Sewer Lair Lego set. I am strictly an Action Figure guy. What about you?

Nameless
04-23-2014, 09:59 PM
i collect anything OT related provided i can get it cheap. i will also pick up the 2k3 and next mutation lines when i can find them for a deal.

all that said though i only actively search for and pay big bucks for OT figures and vehicles.

samxsteal
04-23-2014, 10:02 PM
I've seen some crazy stuff on here and i realize i am slightly different 'cos i don't collect everything TMNT like some of you. Some of you are collecting everything with a TMNT logo on it. This includes paper cups, erasers, pencils etc.

Me, i don't like comics, i don't like statues, and i recently found out that i don't like Legos too after purchasing my first real big Sewer Lair Lego set. I am strictly an Action Figure guy. What about you?

I love the lego been a lego collector since i was one lol I like to collect the basic figure line ala the turtles, April, Casey, shredder, splinter, and foot ninja, and the turtle van but that it for the figures, I love the lego and collect all of the sets and display them

Spidergreg
04-23-2014, 10:18 PM
all that said though i only actively search for and pay big bucks for OT figures and vehicles.

Why? is it because as a child, u never really had the chance to own it?
I think that has somewhat something to do with it, for my case.

Spidergreg
04-23-2014, 10:28 PM
Another question. If you can find duplicates for cheap or if you got it from a lot, do you keep them?

Nameless
04-23-2014, 10:30 PM
Why? is it because as a child, u never really had the chance to own it?
I think that has somewhat something to do with it, for my case.

ummm ya kinda i grew up with the OT and had a lot of stuff so its more of a continuation of my childhood years.

answering your second question: i have been keeping them but i do plan on selling them eventually.

Kendamu
04-23-2014, 11:04 PM
I grab little cheap lanyards, earbuds, etc. Maybe a phone case or something. I used to collect t-shirts a lot, but I got rid of a bunch of them a few years ago. I also have a couple toys, but I'm not a huge figure guy.

Those new Revoltech TMNT figures are a must-have for me, though. I don't say that often.

Oh, and now that I think about it, I have a bunch of prints, posters, etc. Many of which are autographed. I really need to get those framed and put up on the wall.

tmnt transformer
04-23-2014, 11:42 PM
I love Action figures, comics, Video Games, Video game systems, Bionicle figures ...(I think thats it...) I really don't like spending a lot for a little, so I mainly buy stuff at yard sales (thats where I got my 12' Krang's android body figure W/ antenna still attached for 2 bucks!)... I've also gotten to really want Video game character action figures (Like from The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Mega Man or Pokemon...)... I really think there should be a Shantae figure and a Groudon figure...

Wildcat
04-24-2014, 01:22 AM
I like many different franchises and collect for each one but not every single thing with a logo. It really depends on the franchise and whats available for it and now that Im older I only go for things I really want. Figures, plushies or other...meaning non-typical. Things that are not toys or things that are meant for display only.

Sometimes if something is given to me as a gift but its not what I would buy myself its still nice and hey its a bonus you wouldn't normally have.

I actually have a big keychain collection that I didnt even start on purpose. One day I got all the keychains I had gotten over time and put them together and it turned out to be alot. Theres cartoon, games, cars, general items etc. I still don't actively look for keychains. If I see a cool one or one based on something I like I want it.

Whatever it is it has to be something I really like and has to look good too. As in look accurate and/or quality made. Like with figures I first must really like the character(s) and incarnation, then if its well made I wanna get them. I love Lego but again has to be a set I really like. Theres some statues I want but can't afford them yet.

discordiatookie
04-24-2014, 02:58 AM
The comics, mainly. I've got some art, bit no longer actively purchase. I have a family of three (myself, wife who works part time and our 20 month old son Caleb) to provide for, so I no longer buy everything I used to. I like my figures MOC, with a smallish OT collection, decent sized 2k3 collection and small Nick collection, only picking up the ones I really like. I do like to pick up random merch: watches, badges, plates and bowls, bankies, towels etc but again not as much as I used to. I'm more likely to buy stuff for Caleb nowadays (he's got a wee collection going on) like t-shirts, cuddly toys, a towel, some Tupperware, etc. mostly all Nick, because that's what's on the go for wee guys!

darthwahl56
04-24-2014, 04:08 AM
I have collected many things from this new generation of turtles; bottles, placemats, much of playmates toyline, duct tape, legos, comics, mouse pad and mouse, DVDs, and I am sure anything else I can find. In turn this bit of collecting has gotten me to buy various 90's tmnt figures.

It has been a while since I have collected a franchises' collection like this. This new stuff is great. Star Wars is my other love, but wow I can feel the force in the tmnt more than I ever have before. There is something very enjoyable about the turtles.

RaphAndDonnie
04-24-2014, 04:29 AM
I collect action figures, shirts and comics. At the moment I really don't have the room to collect everything TMNT related but if I did I probably would.

madyankees
04-24-2014, 05:44 AM
Action figures of the turtles only (no variants). I might cave in with the occasional non-turtle figure

Luigiperps
04-24-2014, 06:57 AM
I collect what I find cool.

JetsAndHeels
04-24-2014, 07:41 AM
I mostly stick to just the action figures. I have a few miscellaneous items, like lanyards, key chains, puzzles, etc. but 90% of what I have TMNT wise consists of the figures. I own only one playset.

Shedder
04-24-2014, 08:42 AM
I collect turtles figures, comics and dvds.
For me I look more for characters I deemed important to the books and show
I also wanted a generations turtles display.
I collect loose so I can pose
I never had many as a kid and i guess this is my way of having the perfect set
I also collect Simpsons
One day i'll post my collection

Mzx10484
04-24-2014, 03:11 PM
I collect figures from the vintage toy line, as well as vehicles.
Have also sympathies to figures from 1997, Next Mutation and the classic collection.

Sofistocat
04-24-2014, 03:19 PM
OA and comics. nuff said

turtlefanforever
04-24-2014, 03:55 PM
Everything I like I collect. I do really like figures, but I have a ton of clothing. I just recently bought an organizer. I like cups and plates as well. I have some pillows. Really just anything I find cool.

Slash2000
04-24-2014, 04:33 PM
I used to be a huge collector with the original series - since then I have mainly sat on that collection. now I aim to just collect the original art! :trazz:

Metalwolf
04-24-2014, 06:17 PM
I just collect action figures, and mainly only of the guys that I really like. So for me that might be only one or two figures.