PDA

View Full Version : Are OT Loose Krangs Rare?

BlisterStockboy
05-04-2014, 05:28 PM
Or is it just the bad luck that I've been having? I found one Krang today at a pretty big 80's Toy Convention that had over 15 Loose OT dealers and the ONLY one that I saw was $20 and incomplete.

On a completely unrelated note, I just needed to rant to people who would understand :

At the toy convention I found a complete Tokka for $5, so I picked him up, set him down because I noticed that there was a huge ziploc bag full of TMNT weapons and I have no weapons for my OT turtles, so I figured this would be a great chance to find some stuff. Before I knew it, some 30 year old guy reaches around me and grabs Tokka, pays for him and then leaves before I can even say anything. :trolleye:

I ended up picking up a complete Slash for $8 so that made everything better!

http://37.media.tumblr.com/49e2a6cb770e744dd505f4e1daa999b4/tumblr_n52f5svdjj1tydimbo1_1280.jpg

Nameless
05-04-2014, 05:42 PM
they are not super rare i have 4 krang brains personally. are you looking for the android body or the bubble walker or just the brain?

and never put it down... and if you do don't take your eyes off of it... i was walking around the Calgary expo with my gold 5th anniversary turtle and i had to put him down a few times to get cash out or something but i had him right beside me so he didn't go walking.... and this item already was mine...

05-04-2014, 07:09 PM
loose ot krang isnt that rare, if it loose complete $20 would be about average.

and the slash in that picture is wearing tokka's belt.

Shedder
05-04-2014, 07:45 PM
Were you at the show in Mississauga?
I was there. It was busy. Picked up a couple great figures. I never let a figure I want out of my site. Hope you got a few decent finds.
I'm looking for a loose brain and haven't seen one in a long time

BlisterStockboy
05-04-2014, 09:51 PM
Were you at the show in Mississauga?
I was there. It was busy. Picked up a couple great figures. I never let a figure I want out of my site. Hope you got a few decent finds.
I'm looking for a loose brain and haven't seen one in a long time

I was actually! Ha, that's funny that a fellow Drome member was there. I saw a lot of carded OT stuff as well as some carded Next Mutation stuff (first time ever seeing those!) I was pretty tempted to buy Venus De Milo for $20.

What did you score?

Spidergreg
05-04-2014, 09:57 PM
That's not a complete Slash.... looks like he's wearing Tokka's belt.

BlisterStockboy
05-04-2014, 10:07 PM
That's not a complete Slash.... looks like he's wearing Tokka's belt.

Yeah, I didn't realize that when I purchased him. I'm fairly new to collecting TMNT (started with the Nick line 2 Christmases ago) and then lately I've been getting into the OT toyline, so the belt didn't jump out at me the way that it would to people who have been collecting for much longer than I have.
I have only seen a few other Slash toys and an even smaller few had even one of his weapons, so I felt that $8 wasn't too bad to spend on it.

jestermon
05-04-2014, 10:11 PM
Mine got squishy the little Krang is harder to find than the big one I have the small blue walker if anyone needs it.

Nameless
05-04-2014, 11:10 PM
Mine got squishy the little Krang is harder to find than the big one I have the small blue walker if anyone needs it.

forgot about the mini android body. i have that one too. so yes that one is rare. bubble walker and 12' android are more just harder to find then rare.

Shedder
05-05-2014, 08:30 AM
Next mutation eh.............hm missed those
I scored a mutating rocksteady, mutating 2k3 foot soldier, mutating 2k3 shredder (then realized he's missing an arm........ugh and a 2k7 splinter)
all for $8
Also added to my simpsons collection (5 figures and a playset for $20)
not bad
You going to the Jan 1 show? maybe ill see you there

pannoni1
05-05-2014, 09:39 AM
The original Bubble Walker Krang is pretty common, being part of the second line of figures. Krang itself and the base of the Bubble Walker are easiest to find, followed by the Brain-Drain Gun, the two Mechanized Arms, and the hardest accessory tends to be the Mobile Life-Support System (that rod that connects). The Android Body is fairly rare loose due to it being released in 1994 as the TMNT popularity was waning. I'm glad I bought many of my figures during that lull between 4kids and the start of the Nick series.