PDA

View Full Version : TMNT's plot (IDW)?

ninja-zero
05-05-2014, 03:28 PM
What do you think the movie's plot will be?

Do you think the movie's plot will be like a combination of IDW, 2003 & 2012?

Let's just say Eric Sachs is the movie's Shredder.

In the IDW's TMNT, Hamato Yoshi & Oroku Saki are in ancient times. When Yoshi and Tang Shen became husband and wife and gave birth to four sons, Oroku became jealous and wanted revenge. Yoshi and his sons fled while Tang Shen was killed by Saki.

But Yoshi and his sons were later killed by the Foot.

In the modern century, a rat and four pet baby turtles were mutated by the mutagen. It turns out, Splinter and his sons were the reincarnations of Yoshi and his sons.

So... can it be possible. That while Splinter and the turtles are the reincarnation of Hamato Yoshi and his sons, could Eric Sachs be the reincarnation or descendant of Oroku Saki, the original Shredder?

http://turtlepedia.wikia.com/wiki/Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles_%28IDW%29

Am I wrong? You decide.

samxsteal
05-05-2014, 03:32 PM

In the IDW's TMNT, Hamato Yoshi & Oroku Saki are in ancient times. When Yoshi and Tang Shen became husband and wife and gave birth to four sons, Oroku became jealous and wanted revenge. Yoshi and his sons fled while Tang Shen was killed by Saki.

In the modern century, a rat and four pet baby turtles were mutated by the mutagen. It turns out, Splinter and his sons were the reincarnations of Yoshi and his sons.

So... can it be possible. That while Splinter and the turtles are the reincarnation of Hamato Yoshi and his sons, could Eric Sachs be the reincarnation or descendant of Oroku Saki, the original Shredder?

http://turtlepedia.wikia.com/wiki/Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles_%28IDW%29

Am I wrong? You decide.
i think there is merit to this theory, whether or not this is the case is left to be seen

CyberCubed
05-05-2014, 03:35 PM
The writing in the movie won't be anywhere as good as IDW.

SwiftNinjaFox
05-05-2014, 03:42 PM
Honestly, at this point....there's not enough to have any freakin' clue! ;)

ninja-zero
05-05-2014, 06:27 PM
Anyone got any ideas of how its plot will be like?

sethmartin
05-05-2014, 08:06 PM
I've been saying this all along. It definitely looks like they are taking elements from IDW. Whether the story of the film will follow the IDW story is unknown. So far the film looks like it borrows from every incarnation up to this point while reinventing it

slingtheory
05-05-2014, 08:37 PM

In the modern century, a rat and four pet baby turtles were mutated by the mutagen. It turns out, Splinter and his sons were the reincarnations of Yoshi and his sons.not exactly accurate. Jealousy had nothing to do with tang shen being killed in idw. Saki ordered yoshi's family to be murdered as punishment because he left the foot clan after disapproving of the dishonorable path saki was leading them down. Yoshi made it home in time to kill the assassins before they could get to his sons but he was too late to save shen.
to be honest there hasn't been anything yet that hints at them taking cues from idw. its just an assumption being made based on the theory that eric sachs may be related to oroku saki by reincarnation and april dad having apparently worked on the ooze like in the comic.. its possible sachs could be a reincarnation but it would be a big departure from the comics.

Puddinpop
05-05-2014, 08:54 PM
The writing in the movie won't be anywhere as good as IDW.

Hm.. Im wondering how you could possibly know that for sure.

samxsteal
05-05-2014, 09:20 PM
I've been saying this all along. It definitely looks like they are taking elements from IDW. Whether the story of the film will follow the IDW story is unknown. So far the film looks like it borrows from every incarnation up to this point while reinventing it

Agreed im excited to see all the hint to previous version while making it its own

ninja-zero
05-05-2014, 09:30 PM
What if April's father who is a scientist and same goes with Baxter Stockman if they were formerly partners?

April's father must've been responsible for mutating Splinter and the turtles and he didn't even know it.

SwiftNinjaFox
05-05-2014, 10:34 PM

Because it's a movie? They're cramming the equivalent of what's normally 4 or more books into 2 hours and a lot of the 2 hours is spent with action and explosions.

I generally wouldn't expect any movie to have writing on par with the comics, be it from Platinum Dunes, Fox, Sony, or Marvel Studios.

ninja-zero
05-06-2014, 09:24 AM
If the movie goes successful,

How do you see the later movies go?

Like what mutants can appear to follow the story?

I would like to see Slash in the third movie.

sethmartin
05-06-2014, 11:39 AM
What if April's father who is a scientist and same goes with Baxter Stockman if they were formerly partners?

April's father must've been responsible for mutating Splinter and the turtles and he didn't even know it.

April's father worked for Stockgen in the IDW comics which to me is one of the biggest give aways that they are borrowing from IDW. Also the turtles and Splinter were lab animals in that comic, Splinter was grey and looks similar to the leaked toys.

samxsteal
05-06-2014, 12:19 PM
April's father worked for Stockgen in the IDW comics which to me is one of the biggest give aways that they are borrowing from IDW. Also the turtles and Splinter were lab animals in that comic, Splinter was grey and looks similar to the leaked toys.

Seriously there seem to be plenty of evidence that they are talking aspects from every version I'm pretty sure Eastman pretty much saws as much

MastahShredder
05-06-2014, 05:03 PM
Infuriated with the Turtles and April getting in the business of The Foot, Sach's creates Shredder or a Shredder suit to combat them because the Foot are unable to, like in the original, the Foot get beat down. Maybe he mutates himself or someone else because his eyes from the photos are suspicious. But from the toy, his arms are bare skinned and looks normal. Going by what Fichtner said about a guy 5 ft tall can play Shredder leads me to believe it's a tech suit.

I think the filthy rich Sach's investment in mutagen was originally made for the Turtles to be evil but instead they broke off and became who they are today. He then tries to capture them and we get a reveal of "I made you to be evil" or something like that. It would hurt them emotionally and make them question themselves. I'm not sure where Splinter fits in here.

The scroll throws me off though. There has to be some sort of Japanese mythology applied in this movie.

sethmartin
05-06-2014, 05:22 PM
Infuriated with the Turtles and April getting in the business of The Foot, Sach's creates Shredder or a Shredder suit to combat them because the Foot are unable to, like in the original, the Foot get beat down. Maybe he mutates himself or someone else because his eyes from the photos are suspicious. But from the toy, his arms are bare skinned and looks normal. Going by what Fichtner said about a guy 5 ft tall can play Shredder leads me to believe it's a tech suit.

I think the filthy rich Sach's investment in mutagen was originally made for the Turtles to be evil but instead they broke off and became who they are today. He then tries to capture them and we get a reveal of "I made you to be evil" or something like that. It would hurt them emotionally and make them question themselves. I'm not sure where Splinter fits in here.

The scroll throws me off though. There has to be some sort of Japanese mythology applied in this movie.

Yes. Also the turtles have japanese characters on their bandanas and Splinter looks like a stereotyped asian rat with his hair up, fu man chu beard and clothes with japanese lettering on it. There is definitely something japanese going on in the movie.

Anton Chigurh
05-06-2014, 06:11 PM
Yes. Also the turtles have japanese characters on their bandanas and Splinter looks like a stereotyped asian rat with his hair up, fu man chu beard and clothes with japanese lettering on it. There is definitely something japanese going on in the movie.

Also on imdb there is an actor listed as "harakiri soldier" sooooo hopefully that means something.

MastahShredder
05-06-2014, 06:17 PM
Also on imdb there is an actor listed as "harakiri soldier" sooooo hopefully that means something.

Anyone can edit it but there were rumblings that a Seppuku scene was in this. Shredder makes him do it apparently.

Anton Chigurh
05-06-2014, 06:18 PM
Anyone can edit it but there were rumblings that a Seppuku scene was in this. Shredder makes him do it apparently.

Yea I know that, however there was already talk of this happening in the film this just increases the possibility

ninja-zero
05-07-2014, 06:55 AM
I'm starting 2 like the idea of Eric Sachs being the reincarnation or descendant of Oroku Saki. If there aren't any Asian actors playing Shredder now, perhaps with this American actor it can be used for an advantage.

samxsteal
05-07-2014, 06:57 AM
I'm starting 2 like the idea of Eric Sachs being the reincarnation or descendant of Oroku Saki. If there aren't any Asian actors playing Shredder now, perhaps with this American actor it can be used for an advantage.

I seriously wouldn't mind a feud similar to snake eyes and Storm shadow for this movie either i think it could work out great

ninja-zero
05-07-2014, 10:37 AM
Wonder if in the battle between Splinter and Shredder, will there be flashbacks of Yoshi & Saki's fights in ancient times?

And wonder how Vernon will react when he meets the turtles after April?

samxsteal
05-07-2014, 10:45 AM
Wonder if in the battle between Splinter and Shredder, will there be flashbacks of Yoshi & Saki's fights in ancient times?

And wonder how Vernon will react when he meets the turtles after April?
Watch him faint lol hahaha

MastahShredder
05-07-2014, 01:06 PM

I'm hoping we see some of it in-depth. I don't want them using Japanese symbols and such on the walls to say "Look..we did incorporate it into the story!", when it has nothing to do with the film. The scroll and what we've been seeing lately gives me hope that is not the case.

ninja-zero
05-08-2014, 09:43 AM
I can see Casey Jones in the next movie, when the Shredder returns to make his own mutants.

Perhaps with Casey having an abused father, Raph pops out of nowhere either to knock him out or kill him.

samxsteal
05-08-2014, 09:54 AM
I'm hoping we see some of it in-depth. I don't want them using Japanese symbols and such on the walls to say "Look..we did incorporate it into the story!", when it has nothing to do with the film. The scroll and what we've been seeing lately gives me hope that is not the case.

I get people are scare because of a white shredder, But that doesn't Mean they're GOING TO completely disregard the Japanese aspect there are still a plethora of different options to take the thing that gets me, It that the Past movie Except TMNT III, never once had the subtle things like Children drawings in chalk with names and japanese characters, they did have the foot symbol on the head bands but the new foot have the symbol as well, the Japanese mural that hold so much speculation, the shredder armor Very Samurai inspired, in the new foot of shredder with the gauntlet i'm pretty sure there more samurai armor in the background as well as Rice paper sliding doors, Pluss the rumor of the Seppuku traditionally done with Japanese dress, Karai actress referencing Shredders Dojo, the Turtles weapons in the new April shot, the Kanji character littered all over the set, Splinters Traditional Hakama Pants and Kimono, Leos Katanas(which are sick) little things like this the older movie never had, they dont really just add these little details in for no reason a set designer has a reason for everything.

MastahShredder
05-08-2014, 10:27 AM
I get people are scare because of a white shredder, But that doesn't Mean they're GOING TO completely disregard the Japanese aspect there are still a plethora of different options to take the thing that gets me, It that the Past movie Except TMNT III, never once had the subtle things like Children drawings in chalk with names and japanese characters, they did have the foot symbol on the head bands but the new foot have the symbol as well, the Japanese mural that hold so much speculation, the shredder armor Very Samurai inspired, in the new foot of shredder with the gauntlet i'm pretty sure there more samurai armor in the background as well as Rice paper sliding doors, Pluss the rumor of the Seppuku traditionally done with Japanese dress, Karai actress referencing Shredders Dojo, the Turtles weapons in the new April shot, the Kanji character littered all over the set, Splinters Traditional Hakama Pants and Kimono, Leos Katanas(which are sick) little things like this the older movie never had, they dont really just add these little details in for no reason a set designer has a reason for everything.

I agree Sam. It's why I said it gives me hope. Like the rest of us, I just want to see the Ninja in Ninja Turtles. :D

I love how Leo's katanas came out too.

Andrew NDB
05-08-2014, 10:38 AM

There was no cross polination between the IDW teams and the Paramount teams so an IDW influence is simply not a possibility.

I do think there'll be at least one big influence from the 2003 series and I don't think much will be cribbed from the 2012 series.

1984TMNT
05-08-2014, 10:46 AM
There was no cross polination between the IDW teams and the Paramount teams so an IDW influence is simply not a possibility.

I do think there'll be at least one big influence from the 2003 series and I don't think much will be cribbed from the 2012 series.

I don't think that's accurate. Eastman is a big contributor to the IDW team and also had input on the movie. Several sources (including Bay and Liebesman) have stated publicly they sat down with Eastman to discuss plot, characters, etc.

Andrew NDB
05-08-2014, 10:54 AM
I don't think that's accurate. Eastman is a big contributor to the IDW team and also had input on the movie. Several sources (including Bay and Liebesman) have stated publicly they sat down with Eastman to discuss plot, characters, etc.

He's been shown things and allowed to comment back on things so as to be a better spokesperson but that's about it. With IDW they've actually run with a couple of his ideas (the savate ninjas) but don't fool yourself into thinking Michael Bay and his production house are heeding anything he's saying.

samxsteal
05-08-2014, 11:00 AM
I agree Sam. It's why I said it gives me hope. Like the rest of us, I just want to see the Ninja in Ninja Turtles. :D

I love how Leo's katanas came out too.
Me to Lol and the weapons on the table theres like 4 different katanas Real katana traditional katanas hehehe

I do think there'll be at least one big influence from the 2003 series and I don't think much will be cribbed from the 2012 series.Yes yes there is you out right lying to your self Andrew

I don't think that's accurate. Eastman is a big contributor to the IDW team and also had input on the movie. Several sources (including Bay and Liebesman) have stated publicly they sat down with Eastman to discuss plot, characters, etc.Exactly

He's been shown things and allowed to comment back on things so as to be a better spokesperson but that's about it. With IDW they've actually run with a couple of his ideas (the savate ninjas) but don't fool yourself into thinking Michael Bay and his production house are heeding anything he's saying.
Then how do you explain the Movie Shredder drawing Eastman Drew that happans to be in the new Visual history to be released in June?

there was an extensive interview some one posted on here where he talks about how he sat down with Johnathan And showed him pictures and drawings and explained in depth the complete history and mythos of the turtles? drawing pictures for him explaining things to him That includes IDW, seeing as he is currently working on Nick IDW and this movie i think its fare to say there will be connections

ANdrew both parties have said From both side Kevin worked closely with both the director and screen writers.

Saying its not true doesn't make it so.

sethmartin
05-08-2014, 11:15 AM

You've been saying this forever but I honestly don't understand your logic. There was also no cross pollination between the OT Series team and Paramount, yet we see elements from the OT Show in the film. There was no cross pollination between the Mirage team and Paramount, and there was no cross pollination between the 2003 Series team and Paramount. The writers wrote the script based on what they knew from the different incarnations over the years, and just as they can pull elements from the OT Series, I don't see why they can't pull elements from the IDW series as well. Nickelodeon owns the franchise now so they can obviously do whatever they want. Saying that it's "not a possibility" just because you don't think the IDW team met with Paramount is the same as saying that it's not possible that they pulled elements from the OT Series because Paramount didn't have meetings with those guys. The simple fact that April's father is involved and Splinter starts out as a lab rat are two elements that are lifted directly from the IDW series.

1984TMNT
05-08-2014, 11:16 AM

I'm not fooling myself about anything. On the contrary; you weren't privy to any of the meetings or conversations that took place, so who is kidding who here? You're making a guess based on opinion and assumption - which is fine, but to say you know what they are/aren't "heeding" is total crap.

They could just as easily be taking his feedback as seriously as you think they aren't.

ninja-zero
05-08-2014, 05:46 PM
What of the ending of the movie? I can see it like Daredevil movie's ending.

April leaves the news company, she sees the turtles on top of the building, saying their hellos to April until an alarm rings. Then....

April: Go get'em guys.

(Leo nods and the turtles salute their goodbyes)

April: They are... the teenage mutant ninja turtles. Reborn anew from the past. They hide in the shadows, defending us... striking hard, and fade away... into the night.

Turtles: COWABUNGA!!!

ninja-zero
05-10-2014, 11:38 AM
First movie plot:
I'm thinking in this story its about April, how she makes friends with the turtles and her family's involvement with Stockgen/TCRI/TGRI. Plus perhaps the connection the IDW's story. The turtles, Splinter & Shredder reincarnated from feudal Japan. (depends on Shredder's view from being a reincarnation or a descendant)

Second movie plot:
Casey Jones. Shredder returns. Along with Karai. Baxter Stockman helps him plus joining Shredder are Hun and the Purple Dragons. First evil mutants: Bebop & Rocksteady created and assigned by the Shredder to team up with the PDs.

Third movie plot:
New mutants join the fray. Joining the turtles is Leatherhead. Stockman mutated into a fly. Joining the Shredder are Rahzar & Alopex. Plus the debut of Slash and Dark Leo.

Fourth movie plot:
Fugitoid & Triceratons? Perhaps the Utroms too along with Krang. I hope Mortu is a good guy and is the enemy of Krang.

Wonder of the Battle Nexus tournament and the Tengu Shredder, the original... Oroku Saki. for the fifth movie.

Artist
05-27-2014, 02:02 AM
Hello Technodrome,
Baxter Stockman runs the place, and gets a call from General Krang in Burnow Island. He is waging a war and is getting impatient for the test results he ordered. Baxter says there are delays but they are making great progress with the Terrapin/Human Exo-Armor Synthesis and Rodentia Psychotropic serum tests. Krang demands all of this, as well as the super soldier mutagen Baxter promised, since the General was giving Baxter the funding for all of this. Baxter promises all will be delivered soon and wait will be worth it… as a worried little rat looks on.

Three months later, Chet comments on how fold April is of the turtles. She asks why they call the rat Splinter. Another intern, Lindsey tells her they test him with Psychotropic serum, with splits, or splinters his animal nature in two, separating a capacity for human-like cognition, from his basic animal instincts. April asks what something like this has to do with bio-engineering meat, and Chet quickly draws her attention back to the turtles. April already named them, Leonardo, Donatello, Michelangelo and Raphael, inspired from a ‘history of renaissance art’ course she’s taking that semester.

Fifteen months ago. At Stockgen labs, Baxter Stockman gets a damage assessment from Chet regarding the ninja break-in. Though the terrapin exo-suit armor samples remain, the psychotropic serum was lost with Splinter and the traces of super soldier mutagen recovered from the alley have been tainted beyond use. Baxter is infuriated, as the ninja belonged to a rival of General Krang, who provided him with his secret mutagen at great risk; Krang won't like this news one bit. Chet suggests that if they can find Splinter, they can regain both the psychotropic drug and the mutagen from his blood. Baxter laughs at the idea of tracking down a single rat in New York City, but a slimy, furry, one-eyed individual comes crawling into the lab, assuring them he can do it: Old Hob.

Terrapin/Human Exo-Armor = The Shredder Armor we have been seeing.
Psychotropic serum, with splits, or splinters = Splinter being a lab rat in The Ultimate Visual History book script
super soldier mutagen Baxter promised = " Heros are not born they are created"
April asks what something like this has to do with bio-engineering meat = Aprils dad will replace April as a Stock Gen employ.
Chet suggests that if they can find Splinter, they can regain both the psychotropic drug and the mutagen from his blood = The Foot capturing the turtles as seen in set photos. Also the turtle layer break in. Maybe to capture splinter? Or the turtles for the psychotropic drug and the mutagen from their blood.
Links to my thoughts on what we could be seeing: http://tmntentity.blogspot.com/2011/11/tmnt-idw-4.html
http://markandpaigerodriguez.blogspot.com/2012/02/idw-tmnt-issues-1-4-change-is-constant.html

samxsteal
05-27-2014, 06:35 AM
Hello Technodrome,
Baxter Stockman runs the place, and gets a call from General Krang in Burnow Island. He is waging a war and is getting impatient for the test results he ordered. Baxter says there are delays but they are making great progress with the Terrapin/Human Exo-Armor Synthesis and Rodentia Psychotropic serum tests. Krang demands all of this, as well as the super soldier mutagen Baxter promised, since the General was giving Baxter the funding for all of this. Baxter promises all will be delivered soon and wait will be worth it… as a worried little rat looks on.

Three months later, Chet comments on how fold April is of the turtles. She asks why they call the rat Splinter. Another intern, Lindsey tells her they test him with Psychotropic serum, with splits, or splinters his animal nature in two, separating a capacity for human-like cognition, from his basic animal instincts. April asks what something like this has to do with bio-engineering meat, and Chet quickly draws her attention back to the turtles. April already named them, Leonardo, Donatello, Michelangelo and Raphael, inspired from a ‘history of renaissance art’ course she’s taking that semester.

Fifteen months ago. At Stockgen labs, Baxter Stockman gets a damage assessment from Chet regarding the ninja break-in. Though the terrapin exo-suit armor samples remain, the psychotropic serum was lost with Splinter and the traces of super soldier mutagen recovered from the alley have been tainted beyond use. Baxter is infuriated, as the ninja belonged to a rival of General Krang, who provided him with his secret mutagen at great risk; Krang won't like this news one bit. Chet suggests that if they can find Splinter, they can regain both the psychotropic drug and the mutagen from his blood. Baxter laughs at the idea of tracking down a single rat in New York City, but a slimy, furry, one-eyed individual comes crawling into the lab, assuring them he can do it: Old Hob.

Terrapin/Human Exo-Armor = The Shredder Armor we have been seeing.
Psychotropic serum, with splits, or splinters = Splinter being a lab rat in The Ultimate Visual History book script
super soldier mutagen Baxter promised = " Heros are not born they are created"
April asks what something like this has to do with bio-engineering meat = Aprils dad will replace April as a Stock Gen employ.
Chet suggests that if they can find Splinter, they can regain both the psychotropic drug and the mutagen from his blood = The Foot capturing the turtles as seen in set photos. Also the turtle layer break in. Maybe to capture splinter? Or the turtles for the psychotropic drug and the mutagen from their blood.
Links to my thoughts on what we could be seeing: http://tmntentity.blogspot.com/2011/11/tmnt-idw-4.html
http://markandpaigerodriguez.blogspot.com/2012/02/idw-tmnt-issues-1-4-change-is-constant.html

Dude like a boss man great Job

Puddinpop
05-28-2014, 12:04 AM

:roll: Why do people keep saying this lol.. How many times am I gonna have to post this video /6BwLC4eTv8A

Yes there was. Kevin Eastman. The writer for IDW, and the original co-creator of TMNT chosen to consult Liebesman , Bay and Nemec for this film. So.. how anyone could rule out the possibility when no one has seen the film seems a little.. premature.
And another thing.. people keep bringing up Bay like he is the only producer for the film just so they can be dismissive.. yea they stick his name in the trailer bc he's more known but he's not even an exec. producer. If you want to bring that up then what about these to producers? they have been involved way before Bay was and were hand picked by Peter Laird.
/xHYcbZVxdK8

Well the Turtle van/shell raiser is 2012 influenced. and depending on what rout they go with the foot that could be 2012ish. like if they weren't human and had different ranks with the different masks that we've seen so far. I honestly think well get a little from each iteration. How much is yet to be seen.

Leo656
05-28-2014, 01:42 AM
This is not directed at any one person - and apologies in advance for the length, but you all know that's my Gimmick by now - but whether the movie turns out great or crap, I'm beyond sick of the "Eastman is involved so it has to mean something good!" argument. For the love of God, Hollywood simply does NOT work that way. If you read a ton and study how these movies based on pre-existing IP actually get made, then you know that the absolute LAST thing any Hollywood movie studio wants is some "lowly comic book writer" meddling with their billion-dollar product. Need I remind anyone how George Romero, the guy who created Resident Evil, was sh*t-canned from writing the movie based on the property HE created? Why? Because "Hollywood Knows Better." Because the movie studio insisted that the guy who invented the f*cking property they were adapting for a film had no idea how to tell the story HE created in the first place! And that's just one very depressing example. It's symptomatic of a larger issue in Hollywood. Movie producers completely, entirely look down on comic book writers and the like, and have for decades. It extends to "real" writers such as novelists as well. Simple, Absolute Facts.

Hollywood logic is, "Nobody reads anymore." That's always been their attitude. That is why every single movie based on any book or comic book or video game that's ever been done has had a ton of arbitrary changes, or "improvements". Not because they're trying to organically expand the IP, it's because "We Know Better". Movies make a ton of money, books and comic books don't, thus, "Hollywood Knows Better" as far as how to best present a product that millions of people are already familiar with. It's condescending as all hell, but movies DO make a ton more money than the original material they're based on, every time, so it's really hard to convince them that they're wrong. It's weird in this day and age how they feel that way about video games, since games make as much and often more than a lot of movies, but Hollywood people live in a bubble that's entirely based on movies, and that's all they know or care about. To them, anything else is "beneath" them, and anything they turn into a movie will surely be "improved" simply by becoming a movie in the first place.

That said, they DO understand how touchy fanboys are, and will go to any lengths to make them happy well in advance, because it is the word of mouth of those hardcore types that will make or break a big blockbuster movie. And there is no better, safer, more effective way to silence any premature nerd rage than to get one of the creators on board to publicly trumpet how awesome everything in the movie is going to be. It's an effective marketing gimmick, but that's ALL it is. Try and understand, be it Eastman, Stan Lee, or Bob Kane, these people are NOT involved in the actual making of these films! That is not speculation, that is FACT. The role of a Lee, Kane, or Eastman, is two-fold: Step 1: Say everything is terrific. Step 2: Cash a huge check.

Sometimes, they placate these guys when they want to be more involved. The people at Warner Bros. DID let Bob Kane pitch ideas for the '89 Batman film during production. And every single one of his suggestions went right in the garbage can. NONE of what he said he wanted was ever, EVER going to be in the movie, and he more or less knew that. He was just happy to get some attention, and more importantly, some money. He did his job, he went out and shilled for the movie and told everyone it was great, and it was great, but absolutely NOT because he had anything to do with it. He had NOTHING to do with it, and his "involvement" had less than zero to do with the movie turning out great. That movie mostly succeeded because they had a great cast that allowed audiences to overlook a series of questionable changes from the source material. If the acting was crappy, the rest of the movie would have collapsed. It wasn't a good movie because Bob Kane made it happen, because all Bob Kane did was cash a check. Period. Keep in mind, also, that a few years later, Kane said the exact same stuff about "Batman Forever", how it was great, how it was brilliant, how it was the "true vision" of his original idea brought to life. That movie is almost the polar opposite of the '89 movie, so either Kane was A) Lying in '89, B) Lying in '95, or C), Just saying whatever he had to say to get a few million dollars from Warner Bros.

It's Option C, in case you were wondering. It's always, 100% of the time Option C. When the original writer/creator comes onto a Hollywood movie as a "Consultant", you simply have to understand and realize that "Consultant" is code for "Paid Shill." These people simply aren't "allowed" to work on Hollywood projects, because Hollywood doesn't respect them. Guys like Frank Miller and Geoff Johns are exceptions, because they worked in Hollywood before/during their comic-writing careers, so they're looked at differently within the industry. They've "paid their dues" in Hollywood. A guy like Eastman, the studio looks at and says, "Well, if this guy knew anything, he'd be working out here making movies like us, not writing silly little comic books for children." I'm just the messenger, but that IS their logic. There's also unions and other bullsh*t involved that makes any involvement from anyone like Eastman purely superficial by definition, but at the end of the day, it's really the lack of respect thing. They only hire them to keep people like us happy. And when you say, "Eastman/Lee/Kane is involved, it HAS to be good!" you're buying into it, or, more aptly put, Falling For It.

In this case, though, it's even worse, because anyone who ever worked with/for him will tell you that Kevin Eastman has a long track record of both blatant dishonesty if it's going to protect his bottom line (ask half the guys involved with Tundra) AND swearing up and down that awful TMNT ideas are good. The guy, point blank, can hardly be trusted with anything he says about anything. That doesn't 100% PROVE that this new movie is going to be bad, but based on his track record, if he says it's great, I'm more inclined to believe the opposite. He has, and will, say ANY damn thing for money. God Bless Him for creating TMNT and everything, but at the end of the day, it's just a job. He's admitted hundreds and hundreds of times, the guy kind of doesn't give a sh*t about TMNT. The guy could give a hundred interviews in a hundred YouTube videos about how much he was involved in the movie, and it won't change the fact, it's bullsh*t. I don't need to be on the set to know that, anyone with even the tiniest understand of how movie-making works knows that.

Long, meandering story short, Eastman being a "consultant" means absolutely nothing at all. It doesn't mean the movie will be bad, but it equally has no bearing on whether or not it's good. He's a Marketing Tool for them. Please, please, trust in this, and anyone swearing his input will be the film's Saving Grace, you can stop. He doesn't care about TMNT past a paycheck. I know you WANT him to care, because you love what he created so very dearly, but HE only ever cared about the money, and he's said so a million times. So quit being f*cking marks. It makes it very hard to take literally everything else you say seriously when you're so deeply invested in something that simply Is Not True.

Again, not directed at anyone specifically, but it's just a really, really weak, defensive argument based 100% on a lie, and it's annoying beyond belief. Here's the simple truth: Kevin Eastman Is Not Involved In The TMNT Movie In Any Way That Matters. He Is A Walking, Talking Commercial. A Paid Spokesperson. Definitely NOT a "consultant". Movies simply do not work that way. In a perfect world, Eastman & Laird would be able to make their own TMNT movie, but they're Not Allowed To and never WILL be allowed to, because of how Hollywood works, and that's that. Period, end of discussion, put a ribbon on it, whatever. Sorry to rain on your parade, gang, but don't pin your hopes and dreams on a lie. I'm only trying to help.

Fjaj
05-28-2014, 09:21 PM
Yes, that is most definitely the rule - but as with all rules there are exceptions - of course, exceptions don't disprove rules, and this movie is most definitely not going to be an exception. There are some, however, and I just wanted to point them so it won't seem as hopeless. Holes is the best example of an exception, because the author of the book was the one who wrote the screenplay - by himself, no one else re wrote it before or after.

Leo656
05-28-2014, 09:35 PM
That is a good counter-point. I forgot about that one. Guy must have friends in high places, as it doesn't happen much in the movie biz. That's about as rare an example as you can find. More often it's like, "Less Than Zero" or something, where they keep the name but make a movie that has so little in common with the original material that it's amazing they even bothered keeping the name. :lol:

Fjaj
05-28-2014, 09:44 PM
Yeah, it's a really sad state of things, however think the internet might be the beginning of a change, with things like crowdfunding in the future we may see more big adaptations made by their original creators. Right now crowdfunding it not that financially viable at all, but in the future it might in part contribute to consumers being the directly involved with the creators. The internet overall will eventually get rid of the middle-man.

Leo656
05-28-2014, 09:51 PM
I could see that. It's pretty amazing - and sad - how many fan films and fan trailers for various licensed properties there are floating around on the internet, that make Hollywood's attempt at the same characters look like sh*t. As much as I liked Nolan's Batman trilogy, for example, I'd love to see the guy who made "Batman: Dead End" get $200 million to put HIS vision on the big screen. But that would never happen in today's environment, because it's not "different" enough for Hollywood. Maybe one day things will change.

Allio
05-28-2014, 11:18 PM

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140410132259/kamenrider/images/7/74/KRDO-DenLiner.png

Leo656
05-28-2014, 11:22 PM
Haha, that looks like a Rubik's Snake. :lol:

Artist
05-29-2014, 12:47 AM
The issue is Hollywood knows movies. Im sorry but people who work on film and live for this stuff (hollywood studios) know how to make movies. Movies are a different monster from comics and video games. Look at what Frank Miller did with the spirit. The people making these movies really believe they are making wonderful movies. They don't go to work thinking about cash this, cash that. I've been on enough sets to know. Movies are all perspective. The Resident Evil movies don't just make money, but people keep going back because they love the movies. The people on this forum are just more analytical. The general audience just loves simple and BOOM! Hollywood is giving the people what they want. People keep watching movies ( That we think are crap) not to just cash in, but because that is what the audience wants. Thats not bad. Its awsome. It provides the funds so the analytical movie goer gets what he wants some times. Could we have gotten this new XMEN movie ( was just amazing i might add) if it was not for the other horrible xmen movies ( X3, Origins ) that made the general audience go see it and show the studio it was still a money maker? Then again this is just all opinion. Just as you have yours. Respect for the long post. I like long post ha ha. As for the Kevin thing. We will see if any of his influence is really in the movie, once the movie comes out. As I posted earlier in the thread, I can see many influences from the IDW comic just in the trailer. Kevin is a big part of the IDW comic. I think he was a big influence on the film. But I could always be wrong. Lets hope i'm not.

Candy Kappa
05-29-2014, 01:15 AM
Yes, so garbage, Big Red got his own action figure by NECA :lol:

Leo656
05-29-2014, 01:25 AM
:lol:

Batman: Dead End was GARBAGE.

Was it the part where Batman and the Joker actually looked *exactly* like Batman and the Joker, and not some "reimagined" Hollywood version of them that pissed you off? :roll: Tell us how ya really feel, guy. I'm curious.

The guy who made it was half just f*cking around and half trying to get more SFX work. I'm not sure what criteria you're using to judge it as "garbage", exactly. I'm fairly certain the guy didn't expect his fan project that was mostly done on a lark to win any awards. It *looked* amazing, and that was the entire point of it. To show that, despite what Hollywood insists, you actually *can* recreate these characters in live action looking *exactly* as if they stepped off the printed page, and that if it's done right it doesn't look "cheesy" or anything else the movie studio creeps always insist. It proved that point 1000%. So yeah... kinda not sure what the problem with it is.

Candy Kappa
05-29-2014, 01:45 AM
Because, superheroes is sooo serious to begin with :lol:

Puddinpop
05-29-2014, 01:57 AM
This is not directed at any one person - and apologies in advance for the length, but you all know that's my Gimmick by now - but whether the movie turns out great or crap, I'm beyond sick of the "Eastman is involved so it has to mean something good!" argument. For the love of God, Hollywood simply does NOT work that way. If you read a ton and study how these movies based on pre-existing IP actually get made, then you know that the absolute LAST thing any Hollywood movie studio wants is some "lowly comic book writer" meddling with their billion-dollar product. Need I remind anyone how George Romero, the guy who created Resident Evil, was sh*t-canned from writing the movie based on the property HE created? Why? Because "Hollywood Knows Better." Because the movie studio insisted that the guy who invented the f*cking property they were adapting for a film had no idea how to tell the story HE created in the first place! And that's just one very depressing example. It's symptomatic of a larger issue in Hollywood. Movie producers completely, entirely look down on comic book writers and the like, and have for decades. It extends to "real" writers such as novelists as well. Simple, Absolute Facts.
I disagree with about 80 percent of this post.. You may be getting sick of hearing about Eastmans involvement.. But some of us are getting really sick of hearing that this movie is just Bay in a room with his explosives. You dont think we find it annoying when people bitch about nostrils and yoga pants and broken bricks? I guess that this film is being made by a bunch of Hollywood passionless bloodsuckers that know nothing about TMNT. No one ever said that this was going to be "good" bc of his involvement.. But he IS a consultant. Prove that he isn't rather than calling us all a bunch of " ****ing marks". Maybe you should try and take a breath or two man.. After watching countless interviews with them talking about being locked in a room with Eastman Mednick and Walker for hours ..it IS relevant. Prove that it isn't? You cant. If people are going to be flat out dismissive of this films authenticity and act like it's one clueless moron involved then your going to hear stories about Eastman being consulted for 5 years. People are tired of this same dismissiveness. I know some folks think that if your a Hollywood director that it some how makes you an ignorant passionless moron that is only out to make a buck.. It's just more of the same bias, broad stroke generalizations that we hear all the time around here lately. But when it's a movie that they LOVE??? It some how isn't made in Hollywood... People don't get to use that " Capitalist Hollywood " argument only when referring to films that they dislike. It seems like it's the only time it gets brought up.

That said, they DO understand how touchy fanboys are, and will go to any lengths to make them happy well in advance, because it is the word of mouth of those hardcore types that will make or break a big blockbuster movie. And there is no better, safer, more effective way to silence any premature nerd rage than to get one of the creators on board to publicly trumpet how awesome everything in the movie is going to be. It's an effective marketing gimmick, but that's ALL it is. Try and understand, be it Eastman, Stan Lee, or Bob Kane, these people are NOT involved in the actual making of these films! That is not speculation, that is FACT. The role of a Lee, Kane, or Eastman, is two-fold: Step 1: Say everything is terrific. Step 2: Cash a huge check.

A FACT? then prove it.. again with this flat out dismissiveness like you actually hang out behind the curtains or something lol. Prove that Eastman hasn't been involved with the film's development and that he has been "lying" to everyone.. Prove that this film " that no one has seen yet" will not include any of his ideas or utilize any of his concept designs. Prove that Liebesman didn't rely on him for direction, mythology and story. I'm so tired of this " evil rich people" crap. I make a good deal of money being an executive chef.. If some envious kid came up to me and tried to tell me that I wasn't "passionate" about cooking bc I was cashing a check at the end of the week I'd laugh in his face. Are there people in Hollywood that could care less about the fans and just want to make money? OF..COURSE!! But lobbing them all into one fat group of soulless passionless carless parasites is wrong.. But I know.. We are talking about a movie that some of you cant stand.. so lets find every excuse we can think of to invalidate it.

When the original writer/creator comes onto a Hollywood movie as a "Consultant", you simply have to understand and realize that "Consultant" is code for "Paid Shill." These people simply aren't "allowed" to work on Hollywood projects, because Hollywood doesn't respect them. Guys like Frank Miller and Geoff Johns are exceptions, because they worked in Hollywood before/during their comic-writing careers, so they're looked at differently within the industry. They've "paid their dues" in Hollywood. A guy like Eastman, the studio looks at and says, "Well, if this guy knew anything, he'd be working out here making movies like us, not writing silly little comic books for children." I'm just the messenger, but that IS their logic. There's also unions and other bullsh*t involved that makes any involvement from anyone like Eastman purely superficial by definition, but at the end of the day, it's really the lack of respect thing. They only hire them to keep people like us happy. And when you say, "Eastman/Lee/Kane is involved, it HAS to be good!" you're buying into it, or, more aptly put, Falling For It.

In this case, though, it's even worse, because anyone who ever worked with/for him will tell you that Kevin Eastman has a long track record of both blatant dishonesty if it's going to protect his bottom line (ask half the guys involved with Tundra) AND swearing up and down that awful TMNT ideas are good. The guy, point blank, can hardly be trusted with anything he says about anything. That doesn't 100% PROVE that this new movie is going to be bad, but based on his track record, if he says it's great, I'm more inclined to believe the opposite. He has, and will, say ANY damn thing for money. God Bless Him for creating TMNT and everything, but at the end of the day, it's just a job. He's admitted hundreds and hundreds of times, the guy kind of doesn't give a sh*t about TMNT. The guy could give a hundred interviews in a hundred YouTube videos about how much he was involved in the movie, and it won't change the fact, it's bullsh*t. I don't need to be on the set to know that, anyone with even the tiniest understand of how movie-making works knows that.

Long, meandering story short, Eastman being a "consultant" means absolutely nothing at all. It doesn't mean the movie will be bad, but it equally has no bearing on whether or not it's good. He's a Marketing Tool for them. Please, please, trust in this, and anyone swearing his input will be the film's Saving Grace, you can stop. He doesn't care about TMNT past a paycheck. I know you WANT him to care, because you love what he created so very dearly, but HE only ever cared about the money, and he's said so a million times. So quit being f*cking marks. It makes it very hard to take literally everything else you say seriously when you're so deeply invested in something that simply Is Not True.

Again, not directed at anyone specifically, but it's just a really, really weak, defensive argument based 100% on a lie, and it's annoying beyond belief. Here's the simple truth: Kevin Eastman Is Not Involved In The TMNT Movie In Any Way That Matters. He Is A Walking, Talking Commercial. A Paid Spokesperson. Definitely NOT a "consultant". Movies simply do not work that way. In a perfect world, Eastman & Laird would be able to make their own TMNT movie, but they're Not Allowed To and never WILL be allowed to, because of how Hollywood works, and that's that. Period, end of discussion, put a ribbon on it, whatever. Sorry to rain on your parade, gang, but don't pin your hopes and dreams on a lie. I'm only trying to help.

Wow.. this entire post isn't "chock" full of hate :wink: Ok lets all go home now.. This guys has put the nail in the coffin. He has spoken. An entire book just to generalize everyone in the film industry as a bunch of soulless passionless parasites " only when talking about films you dislike" and flat out calling Kevin Eastman a lying shill that only gives a **** about money and cares nothing about his Franchise. Literally talking as if he were inside the minds of these people lol. Honestly some of the stuff you said could be true for some.. but most of it was so ridiculous that i actually found it offensive. Making these solid judgments like you know these people.. I find it repulsing to say the least. I guess it's a "strong argument to just dismiss everything and call everyone a bunch of liars and make generalizations about people you don't even know.. AS FACT mind you lol. Let me say this.. If I or anyone ever spoke this way about Peter Laird? We'd have our asses torn to shreds. Even if it was "opinion based" which this was not. Not trying to start a war with you but I couldn't not respond to this post

Candy Kappa
05-29-2014, 02:19 AM
Wait, aren't you the one arguing the musculature on the chest of the Bay turtles is wrong because they realistically wouldn't mutate that way?

You have an ever shifting set of standards of how you argue things. :lol:

All about context, buddy.

Puddinpop
05-29-2014, 02:23 AM
What is this Batman-Dead End thing?

Puddinpop
05-29-2014, 02:53 AM
Yea.. the other day we were talking about a Turtles anatomy and i did the whole " There is nothing reason-minded about 4 mutated talking walking turtle ninjas " and then they said i was using the " Crislers law" sooo it's like.. which is it?.. Is it all ridiculous or is it the new King James Bible?

The only thing i don't want in this film is for Splinter to be Aprils Father..Splinter looks Japanese and i don't think that was an accident

Leo656
05-29-2014, 03:46 AM
Puddinpop, I'm not going to google around and link every single article that's ever been written in the last three decades on how little people like Bob Kane and Stan Lee have had to do with movies based on characters they created, despite being paid and credited as "consultants." You're a big boy, so I'll let you handle that. There's a million articles, interviews, etc. out there that say exactly that, that these "consultants" do nothing but get paid to say, "This movie, based on my character, is the cat's ass. Go see it!" Based on a little thing called "historical precedent", it makes ZERO sense to assume Kevin Eastman's situation is any different from theirs. Could it be? Possibly, yeah, but why believe that? Blind faith? Because I/you/we want to believe it? Doesn't it make more sense to believe that it's the exact same relationship every single "consultant" has ever had on a licensed film? Why would Kevin Eastman be an exception to the way things have always been done? Seriously. You want "proof", I'll settle for "precedent". I don't need to *see* the grass in Australia to know that it's green; I know it's green there because it's green f*cking everywhere. "Precedent".

Hollywood doesn't just suddenly change the way they've always done business just to take direction from the guy who bought Heavy Metal the exact second everyone stopped caring about it. The guy started Tundra, a comic book company that pissed almost $15 million down the drain in less than three years and pissed off a ton of his contemporaries in the process. The guy was banging Julie Strain, and for some reason I can't even begin to comprehend, he isn't anymore. The guy swore The Next Mutation was good. Clearly, he's a genius unparalleled, all because he created Ninja Turtles. I can see why they'd want his advice. :roll:

Look, I love the guy for what he's given us, and I wish him all the best. But he's just a guy, and his track record for being less than truthful is strong, and I'm not going to believe he had a big role in making the movie just because they say he did. Hollywood almost never does that with these comic book movies, and I don't think he'd be the guy they'd make exceptions for. And just for the record, I've said way, way worse things about Peter Laird. The hell do I care? I don't hate the guy, wish him all the best, but when I don't like the stuff he's worked on, like Mirage Vol. 4, I have no problem saying so. He created TMNT. So what? I'm not going to deify anyone just because they had a hand in creating entertainment that I enjoy. I'm a paying customer, and some of the stuff he did was crummy. Based on how awful Vol. 4 was, I could probably sue for damages and win. I paid $4 an issue for that... that.

And no, I don't personally know the people working on the TMNT movie, but from my wrestling gig and hanging with lots of people in bands, I've met tons of people who work in almost every level of the entertainment industry. Simply put, without name-dropping, I've had dinner with enough millionaires and their co-conspirators over the years to have a pretty good idea of How Things Work. Feel free to think what you want, and disagree all you want, but I base my opinions, predictions, and generalizations based entirely on what people who actually do that stuff for a living tell me goes on behind the scenes, not what I "think" or "hope" to be true. And I never base anything off of just one or two people saying something, only what's been corroborated over and over again. Sorry that the things I Know don't match the things you Hope, but that's life, man. Not trying to be a dick, just trying to say, I actually know some stuff. Not about *this* movie, specifically, but more than enough about movies in general to have a pretty good idea how they put this one together.

It's whatever, guy. I'm just being a realist, not a "hater". When you get to know me a little better, you'll know that if I'm stating something with conviction, you can almost definitely take it to the bank, because it's something I've done my homework on. Not because I'm trying to bring people down, it's because I'm trying to explain things that aren't being properly understood. You don't have to believe me if you don't want to, but I'm not going to list every "person of relevance" and cite every story they've ever told me about "The Biz" just to satisfy anyone's craving for "Proof". I meet people. We talk. I hear things. Most of those things turn out to be true. Some of those things aren't what people want them to be. It is what it is. I don't take sides, and I don't betray people and things they tell me in private conversations just to "prove" I know what I'm talking about. I just relay information. You cats can take it or leave it.

Except Kevin Nash. I'll go ahead and name-drop the sh*t out of Kevin Nash, because he's my goddamn hero and the brief time we've spent together was magical. I'll never forget pearls of wisdom such as, "Some days, I make ten grand just walking to the mailbox to pick up my SAG check," and, "Jaime Pressley was pretty f*cking hot (on the set of Dead Or Alive)." :lol:

Not trying to start a war with you either, man, but I'm not going to come out and tell you or anyone, "You're wrong," about anything unless I'm, at least, 90% sure that you're wrong. I'm an asshole, not a scumbag. There's a distinction.

And I'm the first one to call "Pretentious Bullsh*t" on the "Crisler's Law" thing, but I do think there's a line where some things just get flat-out ridiculous and that people shouldn't make a point to cross it just because "Why not, it's all fake anyway." I don't like that.

Puddinpop
05-29-2014, 04:34 AM
But you can make judgments about people you don't even know?.. Guy loves his fans.. never shuts up about them actually.. He seems like the most appreciative happy life loving guy that is always saying all the time how much he loves the turtles.. I doubt he does ANY of this for money.. he just doesn't seem like that kind of guy. But then again I don't know him personally so I cant say for sure. So I think you are wrong about him being " in it for the $ and could give a **** about the franchise he built" and also wrong about Liebesman not utilizing him. It's all good.. I just disagree.

Leo656
05-29-2014, 05:31 AM
Don't misunderstand. I'm pretty sure, to a man, that Kev and Pete are both great guys. They seem like decent people, and I'm sure they do care about the fans. But both of them have said more than once that they never expected - or intended - for TMNT to become the defining thing they ever accomplished or were known for. Pete, in particular, sometimes comes off a little bitter about it. And let's not forget, at one point Kevin completely removed himself from TMNT for a very long time. Kevin has even said that there was a long stretch even before that, when the entire TMNT franchise was running "on autopilot" while other people handled it and he and Pete mostly just got paid from it, while using the money to attempt to kick-start individual pet projects, that each of them hoped would enable them to eventually, one day, create other brands, do other things, and eventually step away from TMNT completely. That was always their endgame. Making enough money from it, to be able to one day go do something else. They've both admitted that.

People act like Kev and Pete were a lot more passionate about it than even they admit they really were. It's not that they didn't or don't care about TMNT, but plain and simple, the main, primary thing they loved and got out of it was the money. It's always been the main thing. Peter said he wouldn't have had a problem selling off TMNT to Nickelodeon or someone else 15 or 20 years ago if the right offer had come along. It's business. There's no law that says you have to be as passionate about the things you create as your fans are. Jim Davis kind of hates Garfield. Alec Guinness hated Star Wars. Odd, I know, but life's funny like that. We get so passionate about these things we love, that we project onto creators and performers, we convince ourselves that they share the same deep emotional investment in their art as we do, and a lot of times, they don't care quite as deeply as we do, past the point of it being a business. It doesn't make them bad people, just business men creating a product. God bless 'em for it. But saying you doubt they do any of it for money is naive. You think they have "enough"? It's always at least a little bit about the money.

The "judgment" I'm making is, and has been, simply this: He's doing the right thing, business-wise, by hyping up as much excitement as he can for the movie, by any means necessary. But, based on his own history if nothing else, he very well might be over-selling it, at the very least. Do I know? No. Educated guess? He's known for slight exaggerations, at times. I just call it like I see it.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
05-29-2014, 06:42 AM
I could see that. It's pretty amazing - and sad - how many fan films and fan trailers for various licensed properties there are floating around on the internet, that make Hollywood's attempt at the same characters look like sh*t. As much as I liked Nolan's Batman trilogy, for example, I'd love to see the guy who made "Batman: Dead End" get $200 million to put HIS vision on the big screen. But that would never happen in today's environment, because it's not "different" enough for Hollywood. Maybe one day things will change.

Haven't seen Batman: Dead End, but you should totally check out Batman: City of Scars.

Right, back on topic

ninja-zero
05-29-2014, 08:19 AM
I thought the TMNT's movie would be based on the IDW comics.

sethmartin
05-29-2014, 08:51 AM
Kevin Eastman has absolutely been working on the film since the beginning. Yes there are occasions when "consultants" are just hired for marketing purposes but that isn't the case here. They've been reporting of Eastman's involvement from the start. He has stated in interviews that he has been working on the film since before Michael Bay came on board, he helped with the designs of the characters, and that the collaborated with the director. If people don't think the movie looks good that's fine, it's a matter of taste. However, to try and back up your distaste for it with claims that everyone involved in the film are liars who only care about money is a bit much. On everything I've ever worked on, the directors, producers, cast, etc. are usually very passionate about the work they are doing (it is work after all). It's usually the business men who put up the money that are responsible for bonehead decisions.

ninja-zero
05-29-2014, 09:15 AM
The plot is suppose to make the turtles, Splinter & Shredder reincarnations of their past lives in feudal Japan right?

Bry
05-29-2014, 10:03 AM
And another thing.. people keep bringing up Bay like he is the only producer for the film just so they can be dismissive.. yea they stick his name in the trailer bc he's more known but he's not even an exec. producer.

He owns the production company that's making this movie. Don't kid yourself, he's definitely a major force behind what we're getting. He's not the only one, but he's certainly involved in a significant capacity, and they're using his name to sell this movie for a reason.

If the studio is releasing trailers advertising "FROM PRODUCER MICHAEL BAY" in giant letters, it seems a bit disingenuous to expect people not to strongly associate him with the movie. The studio clearly wants him strongly associated with the movie. That's just how it is.

Machias Banshee
05-29-2014, 08:24 PM
Can you guys PLEASE stay on topic? We've got enough movie-based fighting already.

Here goes another thread for cleaning...