PDA

View Full Version : [Question] Selling

The Turtle Terminator
05-08-2014, 02:14 PM
How/what's the best way to sell on the forums? I believe that it is just to send PM's or post a hyperlink to your own eBay auction/Amazon listing. Is this correct? Many thanks and I hope you can help:D

tmntfannumerouno
05-08-2014, 04:23 PM
Just so I don't have to create another topic I have a similar question. What if you can't post a pic of what you're selling? I use IE on my 360 because I don't have a computer atm.

Powder
05-08-2014, 04:44 PM
How/what's the best way to sell on the forums? I believe that it is just to send PM's or post a hyperlink to your own eBay auction/Amazon listing. Is this correct? Many thanks and I hope you can help:D

Start a thread in the B/S/T section with what you're selling in the title. Write a brief description of the items & their condition, post photos (via imagehosting like Tinypic, as you can put ten pics per post using them), and link to auctions if you're using ebay. You can have set prices for the items or say that you're looking to take offers. The former seems to get better results, but it depends what you're selling. Anyone interested in your stuff will send you a PM and you can do business from there.

Just so I don't have to create another topic I have a similar question. What if you can't post a pic of what you're selling? I use IE on my 360 because I don't have a computer atm.

I don't have a 360 so I'm not sure how their browser situation is, but could you possibly put a photo onto the console via a USB drive or memory card, & then upload it from the 360 to Tinypic/imgur and link it in your thread?

tmntfannumerouno
05-08-2014, 06:16 PM
I don't have a 360 so I'm not sure how their browser situation is, but could you possibly put a photo onto the console via a USB drive or memory card, & then upload it from the 360 to Tinypic/imgur and link it in your thread?
I'm pretty sure you can't which brings me to my next question. Is it still ok for me to sell even though I can't post pics?

Powder
05-08-2014, 06:18 PM
Yeah, it's fine. There's nothing that says you have to post pics, though in many cases people prefer that they see the item they're interested in buying. For some things it matters more than others, obviously the higher the price the greater risk the buyer takes, but with general things like loose figures & comics, it's not as important if you describe their condition accurately.

tmntfannumerouno
05-08-2014, 08:24 PM
Thanks for clearing it up for me. I don't have anything for sale/trade atm but it's nice to know for future reference.
Yeah, it's fine. There's nothing that says you have to post pics, though in many cases people prefer that they see the item they're interested in buying. For some things it matters more than others, obviously the higher the price the greater risk the buyer takes, but with general things like loose figures & comics, it's not as important if you describe their condition accurately.

The Turtle Terminator
05-09-2014, 01:15 AM
Thanks for the replies and help everyone:thyper: