PDA

View Full Version : [Question] The Forum rules on Bumping Sticky Threads?

Whatswiththeheadbands?
05-11-2014, 02:26 PM
I was just wondering, where do the Forum rules stand on replying to a sticky thread that hasn't had any posts for a long time?

Nameless
05-11-2014, 07:56 PM
I was just wondering, where do the Forum rules stand on replying to a sticky thread that hasn't had any posts for a long time?

pretty sure if its on topic it is all good. especially the sticky threads which are meant to be easy to find and respond to.

the only threads that people get really upset about are when your responding to a question that was asked years ago. or when you respond to a long dead thread with nothing more then "thats cool" or "i like that". but pretty sure even doing that isn't against the rules just more of an annoyance.

GeneralTragg
05-12-2014, 01:51 PM
Technically technically, bumping: is when you double post on a thread in an effort to elicit a response by moving the thread back to the top of the list.

What you want to do is necro-threading, the dark and mysterious art of reviving an old thread.

Bumping: not so cool, necro-threding: what nameless said...

Technically.

Nameless
05-12-2014, 07:31 PM
Technically technically, bumping: is when you double post on a thread in an effort to elicit a response by moving the thread back to the top of the list.

What you want to do is necro-threading, the dark and mysterious art of reviving an old thread.

Bumping: not so cool, necro-threding: what nameless said...

Technically.

unless he means necro-bump-threading.... ;)... either way though do it sparingly, if you asked a question in a thread and it has been a month or so, i doubt someone will bite your head off about it. if it has only been a few days then your being annoying.

snake
05-12-2014, 09:36 PM

Technically.

Shh! We don't talk about that here!

You remember what happened to the last necro-poster right? Burned on a stake!

Nameless
05-12-2014, 10:00 PM
Shh! We don't talk about that here!

You remember what happened to the last necro-poster right? Burned on a stake!

yup.... didn't die though just sort of walked around all charred and smokey... leaving ash everywhere... made everyone think about barbecue... was just horrible

Whatswiththeheadbands?
05-14-2014, 02:55 PM
So, does this mean that it's alright?

I just wanted to post a picture in this thread:http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=20514&page=39, but there hasn't been a post since 2012

Powder
05-14-2014, 08:10 PM
One of the reasons people don't like necro-posting is because it brings something to the frontlines that often isn't relevant, and takes the place of something else in a sense. A thread that is sticky will ALWAYS be up top, it doesn't budge, so it's not like in bumping it you're going to knock another thread onto the next page. Go for it.