PDA

View Full Version : Did Donnie start a second Renaissance?

victory_angel
05-11-2014, 03:51 PM
In back to the sewers, it's mentioned that Donnie was one of the founders of O'Neil Tech, and he invented and discovered a lot of a lot of things that were not only beneficial to his family, but beneficial to man kind and beyond.

Donatello's namesake was the father of the Renaissance or at least was one of them, the other father of the Renaissance was a person known as Brunelleschi. And I believe that by founding O'Neil tech NTFF was vaguely hinting that Donatello did start a second Renaissance.

What do you guys think?

TheSkeletonMan939
05-11-2014, 04:44 PM
Renaissance means "re-birth" in French; it was a rediscovery of all the things that made classical civilizations so great (poetry, paintings, statues, etc.). Donatello did not discover ancient Greek flying cars.

Donatello might have started what you could call another "Industrial Revolution".

electric_sheep
05-11-2014, 04:46 PM
It seems like every TMNT incarnation goes off the rails crazy if it goes for long enough, and 2k3 did to, it's just TMNT curse...

Technogeek29
05-11-2014, 07:00 PM
I wish that plot point actually appeared in Fast forward, Donnie supposively creating all that stuff should've had more of a role. Heck you could have a Musuem for him of course he's indisguise but it can't be helped. And he discovers all the great things and maybe terrible things he does leading to 2105.

victory_angel
05-11-2014, 11:13 PM
I wish that plot point actually appeared in Fast forward, Donnie supposively creating all that stuff should've had more of a role. Heck you could have a Musuem for him of course he's indisguise but it can't be helped. And he discovers all the great things and maybe terrible things he does leading to 2105.

Yeah, I mean they were saying 'Donnie plays an instrumental role in creating that future.'

And while the original Renaissance was a flowering of art, science, and culture.
a second Renaissance would be a flowering of science, technology, culture, and peace. Such as the reduction of pollution, welcoming aliens and mutants as equals among man kind.

One such plot line they could have gone with in one episode is Donnie become interested in what other works he had invented as a founder of O'Neil tech. While Raph and the others worry he may let all that go to his head.

Redeemer
05-12-2014, 10:54 AM
Renaissance means "re-birth" in French; it was a rediscovery of all the things that made classical civilizations so great (poetry, paintings, statues, etc.). Donatello did not discover ancient Greek flying cars.

Donatello might have started what you could call another "Industrial Revolution". Well if your right and Renaissance actually means re-birth in French then it can be called a Renaissance in the terms of a "re-birth" in technology or even philosophy, the reason I say this is because the basic understanding of technology or the existence of extraterrestrial was completely re-formed.

Intriguing idea, maybe they would have to defeat something Donnie invents that they believe is his greatest mistake, but then turns out to be something that was needed to prepare the turtles for something greater!

Cryomancer
05-12-2014, 02:26 PM
A lot of the stuff Donatello makes is adapted from or uses parts of weird technology he finds elsewhere anyway. I don't think he invented or discovered THAT much new stuff, what he does is more about practical applications of technology the rest of the world doesn't have access to. So assuming he takes what he makes and learns from all the underground/alien/secret government/etc technology and puts those things into the public realm through the company, than sure it probably could qualify as a new Renaissance type movement.

NoName999
05-12-2014, 03:18 PM

We don't know that!!!