PDA

View Full Version : S.H. MonsterArts

psychturtle
05-16-2014, 10:50 AM
Anyone have these? Would love to see pictures. Show off your collection! Thinking of buying the 1964 gamera (childhood favorite) as it would be my first monster fig. Was hoping to get some dialogue going on these as I'm sure others would be interested in the figures.:tgrin:

The Boston Ninja Turtle
05-16-2014, 11:08 AM
personally i own none but i do want the godzilla and kkong based on pics i have seen on tumblr..i want to see good pics of 2014 godzilla..ivve noticed the design doesnt translate well to toys IMO

Kingoji
05-16-2014, 12:00 PM
Your wish, and all that.

https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t31.0-8/10333428_512891895506082_7877551589970001291_o.jpg

psychturtle
05-16-2014, 05:52 PM
Oh wow. That is awesome! Much better looking than Neca. Gonna have to buy that too

The Boston Ninja Turtle
05-16-2014, 09:47 PM
wow thats awesome

sdp
05-16-2014, 11:18 PM
I have Millenium Godzilla SHMonsterarts and it's fantastic, absolutely love the figure and it's the Godzilla figure I always wanted. Some negative stuff is the price of the figure of course and the size, it takes too much space which I don't have, and counting how much articulation it has, it's actually hard to give it too many poses. None of those negatives are even close to being deal breakers and the money is well worth its price.

I thought I'd only buy one Godzilla and that would be it but now I want more but I'm not sure if I should pull the trigger. I was thinking of getting the Heisei and Showa Godzilla's. But are they too similar to own all three of them? hmmm... Also why not get some iconic villains, I'd like Mecha Godzilla, King Ghidorah and maybe Gigan. but if I do that not only is it a huge investment it's also a ton of space I don't have.

\Thinking of buying the 1964 gamera (childhood favorite) as it would be my first monster fig.

You mean Godzilla? I'm thinking about him too like mentioned above but the figure has a few flaws look up some reviews. I think it's rather likely that we'll see other Showa era Godzilla's I'd like a 1954 Godzilla or a goofier looking Godzilla from the later Showa era, this one isn't quite goofy but isn't quite menacing like the original.

If you mean Gamera, then no there aren't any Gamera SH Monster arts but hopefully they make one. There are revoltechs of Gamera though they made two Heisei Gamera's and one Showa Gamer and some of his enemies though not all of them. I have one of the Heisei Gamera's and it's definitely a cool figure with lots of accessories. However after getting an SH Monsterarts it fails in comparison (not to mention size) so I do want an SHM Gamera now.

psychturtle
05-17-2014, 08:15 AM
I have Millenium Godzilla SHMonsterarts and it's fantastic, absolutely love the figure and it's the Godzilla figure I always wanted. Some negative stuff is the price of the figure of course and the size, it takes too much space which I don't have, and counting how much articulation it has, it's actually hard to give it too many poses. None of those negatives are even close to being deal breakers and the money is well worth its price.

I thought I'd only buy one Godzilla and that would be it but now I want more but I'm not sure if I should pull the trigger. I was thinking of getting the Heisei and Showa Godzilla's. But are they too similar to own all three of them? hmmm... Also why not get some iconic villains, I'd like Mecha Godzilla, King Ghidorah and maybe Gigan. but if I do that not only is it a huge investment it's also a ton of space I don't have.

You mean Godzilla? I'm thinking about him too like mentioned above but the figure has a few flaws look up some reviews. I think it's rather likely that we'll see other Showa era Godzilla's I'd like a 1954 Godzilla or a goofier looking Godzilla from the later Showa era, this one isn't quite goofy but isn't quite menacing like the original.

If you mean Gamera, then no there aren't any Gamera SH Monster arts but hopefully they make one. There are revoltechs of Gamera though they made two Heisei Gamera's and one Showa Gamer and some of his enemies though not all of them. I have one of the Heisei Gamera's and it's definitely a cool figure with lots of accessories. However after getting an SH Monsterarts it fails in comparison (not to mention size) so I do want an SHM Gamera now.

thanks for the input! Yeah I meant the Revoltech gamera. I was trying to figure out which Godzilla I wanted to buy. These are just too cool. Gigan was my fav baddie back in the day. If you ever get around to it, I'd love to see pics of your collection if you don't mind sharing. It would be neat to see them all in realtime rather just promotion pics.

sdp
05-17-2014, 09:02 PM
This is the only picture I have of both:
https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/10314639_10152416248724313_8549699860726402793_n.j pg
Gamera is about 4" so he looks tiny compared to the 6" Godzilla, What makes the Godzilla figures take so much space is their tail.

The Purple Dragon
06-22-2014, 01:09 PM
anyone got the alien and predator and how are they compaired to the neca ones?