PDA

View Full Version : The contents of the EW article...

graphic_content
06-12-2014, 09:59 PM
In TARGET, searching for the figures, and came across the new issue of EW - spotted thanks to my wife's eagle eyes:

***Machias Banshee - please know, that this is in no way is this an attempt to carry over the conversation (bickering) from the previous thread, and circumvent the lock down, as needed for clean-up.

I created this thread solely in an attempt to share and discuss the written contents of the article, previously, only the photographs were shared.

http://i.imgur.com/MIxZWXe.jpg?1

***I hope this is cool, if not, please feel free to delete the thread as I meant no disrespect.

Casey
06-12-2014, 10:07 PM
30 year old due to the age of the franchise or their age in the movie?

graphic_content
06-12-2014, 10:09 PM

I think the author was exaggerating with the age - the entire tone of the article seemed very tongue in cheek, sarcastic, not taking its own quips too seriously.

pennydreadful
06-12-2014, 11:07 PM
I think the author was exaggerating with the age - the entire tone of the article seemed very tongue in cheek, sarcastic, not taking its own quips too seriously.

I certainly hope so - the phrases "cheesy grins", "reptilian NFL team" and "macho makeover" could otherwise be fodder for much ire. :lol:

Other than that, not too much to add here... it's not much of an article. :ohwell:

IndigoErth
06-12-2014, 11:25 PM
Well franchise is 30 so there's that.

Now...if someone wanted to be realistic and age them from the time the franchise started, but aging from the teens forward since they didn't start as infants... they'd be more like, what, mid 40s? o.O lol Maybe 30 isn't so exaggerated. :P

Puddinpop
06-13-2014, 04:03 AM

The franchise..

SwiftNinjaFox
06-13-2014, 03:51 PM

I read it as 30 year old franchise, but still teenagers. Sort of a tongue-in-cheek joke.

slingtheory
06-13-2014, 06:12 PM
30 year old due to the age of the franchise or their age in the movie? I think the author just meant the age of the franchise but the unnecessary comment about turtles being late maturing animals does make it confusing.

Candy Kappa
06-13-2014, 06:15 PM
Especially when late maturing really isn't the norm for turtles.

Glados
06-13-2014, 06:25 PM
That was it? That was all the text...? Pretty silly and pointless, and the authors 30'th anniversary "joke" is probably going to confuse a lot of people.

Machias Banshee
06-13-2014, 07:05 PM
***Machias Banshee - please know, that this is in no way is this an attempt to carry over the conversation (bickering) from the previous thread, and circumvent the lock down, as needed for clean-up.

I created this thread solely in an attempt to share and discuss the written contents of the article, previously, only the photographs were shared.

***I hope this is cool, if not, please feel free to delete the thread as I meant no disrespect.

No Worries... just as long as people don't start bickering again... :fshifty: