PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone happy this show never had a voice actor change for the Turtles?

CyberCubed
06-17-2014, 02:29 PM
Between the news that Jason Biggs is fired as Leonardo and Seth Green will take over for Season 3 of the Nick show, and the original toon had alternate voices for Raph and Don in a few episodes, anyone else happy the 4kids cast was kept till the very end?

For 7 seasons and 156 episodes the Turtles were all voiced by the same people I doubt we'll ever get that again.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
06-17-2014, 02:37 PM
yes, the voices for the Turtles weren't changed, but Hun's was.

TheSkeletonMan939
06-17-2014, 02:54 PM
yes, the voices for the Turtles weren't changed, but Hun's was.

I don't think so - he just had some voice manipulation that wasn't present in some episodes. Or am I missing something?

Yes, I'm very glad all the actors stayed on for the show's entirety - they made FF and BttS a little more tolerable.

CyberCubed
06-17-2014, 03:05 PM
I think there was some dispute that Hun/Leatherhead's voices were changed in Season 4 as they were voiced by the same person.

xChri5x
06-17-2014, 03:37 PM
But on the downside, this show didn't have that great of voice actors. The delivery was mostly over the top.

Icebot
06-17-2014, 03:44 PM
I would have been interested in different voice actors since I grew up with the 1987 cartoon, but I am impressed that the turtles had the same voice actors. I'm cool with it.

What about the Utrom Ch'rell? He had a different voice in season 2, then it was Shredder's voice in season 3 on.

TheSkeletonMan939
06-17-2014, 04:11 PM
What about the Utrom Ch'rell? He had a different voice in season 2, then it was Shredder's voice in season 3 on.

Again, that's just voice manipulation.

The-Shredder
06-17-2014, 04:25 PM
I don't know why, but some of the voices sounded a bit more natural in the earlier episodes, such as Michelangelo's and particularly Shredder's, and then when the actors probably got fully comfortable voicing the characters, they started sounding a little forced and melodramatic at times. However, that small flaw doesn't demean the show too much at all because pretty much everything else makes it awesome.

Hun's voice sounded a bit reserved in the first couple episodes he appeared in, but he eventually got louder once he was put into action. However, having played the first video game and seen Fast Forward, his voice is higher pitched. There is speculation that Hun was briefly voiced by David Zen Mansley in Fast Forward instead of Greg Carey, but I wasn't able to find a clear confirmation on that. Perhaps his voice was manipulated differently? I don't know about his deeper voice in the second video game though.

CyberCubed
06-17-2014, 05:20 PM
But on the downside, this show didn't have that great of voice actors. The delivery was mostly over the top.

The voice actors for the main cast was great.

Cure
06-17-2014, 05:27 PM
No, not at all. Raphael's voice was awful to me and I always wish they changed it.

CyberCubed
06-17-2014, 05:43 PM
Raphael's voice in this show sounded exactly like the ones from the first 3 movies.

TheSkeletonMan939
06-17-2014, 05:54 PM
No, not at all. Raphael's voice was awful to me and I always wish they changed it.

It sure didn't sound "teenage" but Raph's voice I thought was a perfect complement to his character.

xChri5x
06-17-2014, 05:58 PM
Raphael's voice in this show sounded exactly like the ones from the first 3 movies.

http://papawspoems.homestead.com/files/bad_hearing.gif

CyberCubed
06-17-2014, 07:08 PM
http://papawspoems.homestead.com/files/bad_hearing.gif

I REALLY hope you're joking. Raph's voice in this show and the third movie especially sound nearly identical.

Warhorse
06-17-2014, 07:12 PM
I REALLY hope you're joking. Raph's voice in this show and the third movie especially sound nearly identical.

They did, to a point. But, I actually like Josh Paise and Nolan North the best for Raphael over the years.

But, 2k3 has my favorite Leonardo voice.

Sewer Sirens Podcast
06-17-2014, 07:27 PM
They did, to a point. But, I actually like Josh Paise and Nolan North the best for Raphael over the years.

But, 2k3 has my favorite Leonardo voice.

I just started thinking about all my favorite turtle voices, and I came back to the 2003 series with every turtle. I grew up with that show, so it's just planted in my brain that way, you could say.

Maybe ... MAYBE I enjoy Greg Cipes in the 2012 series over 2003 Mikey, but I don't know.

On topic, I'm so glad that the 2003 show didn't change voice actors. And the ones people say that changed, I really didn't notice.

Coola Yagami
06-17-2014, 07:31 PM

Yeaaaah... No. Just no.

CyberCubed
06-17-2014, 07:48 PM
Yeaaaah... No. Just no.

Sounds almost exactly the same.

Donatello19
06-17-2014, 08:38 PM
Raph and Mikey's voices annoyed me. Leo and Don's...I barely even remember them, they were pretty generic IMO.

Drose18
06-17-2014, 09:35 PM
Didn't splinters va change? Also I liked splinters most don't.

Powder
06-17-2014, 09:41 PM
Nope, he was the same throughout the entire series.

CyberCubed
06-17-2014, 09:51 PM
Raph and Mikey's voices annoyed me. Leo and Don's...I barely even remember them, they were pretty generic IMO.

Generic? Leonardo's voice was the best done in this show. He sounded exactly like Leo should. Don's might have been too passive or quiet, but it fit his character.

I also don't understand the complaints about Raph and Mike's voices, I think you guys are complaining about their exaggerated lines.

snake
06-17-2014, 09:54 PM
I really didn't like Raphs VA, and Mikey was annoying in later seasons. Leo was pretty spot on and I liked Donnies.

zodiac brave
06-17-2014, 10:26 PM
raphs was *not* good. i got used to it after 7 seasons, but never *liked* it. and mikey's could really grate on me sometimes, but that mighta been just because of the ridiculously over the top delivery most of the time.

poor red-headed 2k3 step-child.

sometimes really good, most times tried too hard to hit the mark and just wound up missing.

Warhorse
06-17-2014, 10:54 PM
raphs was *not* good. i got used to it after 7 seasons, but never *liked* it. and mikey's could really grate on me sometimes, but that mighta been just because of the ridiculously over the top delivery most of the time.

poor red-headed 2k3 step-child.

sometimes really good, most times tried too hard to hit the mark and just wound up missing.

Better than the mess that's on Nick. I might change my mind if they handle Leonardo turning point well, but often I have just been disappointed in Nick toon.

Xiewin
06-18-2014, 01:12 AM
Generic? Leonardo's voice was the best done in this show. He sounded exactly like Leo should. Don's might have been too passive or quiet, but it fit his character.

I also don't understand the complaints about Raph and Mike's voices, I think you guys are complaining about their exaggerated lines.

Says the guy who calls a movie terrible before it even comes out...

Yeah, its called having an opinion

Netkeeper
06-18-2014, 07:58 AM
The turtles had absolutely flawless voices in this series and I'm eternally grateful they stayed the same throughout the series' run. I just can't unhear the 2k3 voices for the turtles, I got so attached to them so quickly and they're really charming and, well, bold, for lack of a better descriptor. Say what you will about 4Kids, they produced some of the most (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Green_%28voice_actor%29) recognisable (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Pollock) voice (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Stuart) actors (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darren_Dunstan) around (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veronica_Taylor), including a personal hero of mine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maddie_Blaustein).

Leo sounds fittingly heroic, a definite protagonist. Michael Sinterniklaas had a pretty good emotional range and delivery! Too bad his name is impossible to spell without looking it up. :V

Wayne Grayson's Mikey was hilarious, and I was really surprised to find that it was him doing that voice since it sounds nothing like the other role I knew him as [Joey Wheeler]. It's like he's a master of silly accents. I love it. He also voices Lance from Pokémon, and hoo boy can you hear the resemblance there! Also, can we just appreciate Mike's voice in Same as it Never Was for a moment? Daaaaamn.

I don't understand why so many people say Raph doesn't sound like a teenager. He does to me? And that Brookyln Rage was never more fitting for a character. I also think it's hilarious that Greg Abbey voices the turtle that rides the motorcycle and the protagonist of Card Games on Motorcycles, Yugioh 5D's. Like I literally derive endless amusement from this.

Then there's the best one, Sam Riegel's Donatello, who just sounds so nice and sweet and precious and cute AND OH GOD WHY DID THIS SUBJECT HAVE TO GET BROUGHT UP I COULD TALK ABOUT THIS VOICE ALL DAY. Sam Riegel also voiced Arkana, making Leo the only turtle that didn't have a notable role as a Duelist. Poor Leo. Maybe Don should just put him out of his misery and send him to the Shadow Realm with magical buzzsaws. The only thing that could make this better would be if Sam Riegel was irl Donatello... oh, wait, he is. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lw5JfHxoUqk)

Did I mention that if you object to Sam Riegel's voice, it not only has super strength as the first English voice of Tristan Taylor, but it can also send you to court? (http://youtu.be/mPKZldLzfh4?t=5s)

...I really like voice actors, okay.

ALSO DARREN DUNSTAN IS AN AMAZING SPLINTER AND IF YOU EVER WANTED TO KNOW HE'S ALSO A GOOD SINGER (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wec5HBj6Tbg) OKAY BYE

ABrown
06-18-2014, 08:40 AM
I've always assumed that it was someone else voicing Hun during seasons 5 and 6. I have no evidence to suggest that it was any other voice actor. However, it was just always what I assumed when I heard Hun speak during those two seasons.

Coola Yagami
06-18-2014, 08:09 PM
Sounds almost exactly the same.

Nope. Similar accent, but the toon was deeper and raspier. The movies didn't sound like a chain smoker.

CyberCubed
06-18-2014, 08:54 PM
Nope. Similar accent, but the toon was deeper and raspier. The movies didn't sound like a chain smoker.

You don't know what a chain smoker really sounds like. Watch a youtube clip

Mona_Lisa
06-18-2014, 11:01 PM
Between the news that Jason Biggs is fired as Leonardo and Seth Green will take over for Season 3 of the Nick show, and the original toon had alternate voices for Raph and Don in a few episodes, anyone else happy the 4kids cast was kept till the very end?

For 7 seasons and 156 episodes the Turtles were all voiced by the same people I doubt we'll ever get that again.

Yeah, that was pretty awesome.:D I remember when I was a kid and the OT had different voice actors it drove me insane!!!! Turtles forever bugged me because of the OT voices (don't get mad, I know 4kids tried to find good matches blah).
Point being even though 4kids is not my fav. TMNT... They were still pretty good and I was glad that I did have to deal with that problem during the show.

But on that note I am ashamed to say I never noticed Leos voice changed until I read it on this forum! I guess because I'm not a big leo fan???:tconfuse:

Powder
06-19-2014, 12:42 AM
2k3 & third movie Raph are definitely similar.

Netkeeper
06-19-2014, 01:20 AM
The movies didn't sound like a chain smoker.
I didn't know David Hayter (http://youtu.be/seuq0haB43g?t=5m28s) suddenly voiced Raphael.

tmntpower1988
06-19-2014, 02:31 AM
Yes I'm glad the turtles never had a voice actor change. Loved their voices in this series.

pennydreadful
06-19-2014, 04:58 AM
But on that note I am ashamed to say I never noticed Leos voice changed until I read it on this forum! I guess because I'm not a big leo fan???:tconfuse:

Don't feel bad; I wouldn't have picked it up either if I hadn't read it on the forums - I think some people just have a better ear for the different VA's; I don't think it makes us less fans. :)

Shark_Blade
06-19-2014, 09:28 AM

Raph in this show sounded like a 50 year old chain-smoker instead of an actual teenager imo.

Never liked his voice, so grating. Pity.

Aaronardo
06-19-2014, 10:02 AM
Leo's VA in this show is probably my favorite Leo of all time. I really liked Donnie's, too. Probably my second favorite. I really liked Raph's as well. Why? Just think about it. When you're voice acting, you have to put all the personality in your voice. Isn't Raph notable for having a short fuse? So, the raspy voice does make sense. Also, I love how he has that "New York dialect" mixed in. Again, he's probably my second favorite VA.

And... Mikey. Really, it might be the going through all those seasons after Battle Nexus hearing him be a complete doofus the rest of the show talking, but I REALLY didn't like this VA. Don't get me wrong, he was good and more "natural-sounding" in the first season. After a while, he just went complete overkill on the voice, and whenever he would start being annoying, it would be amplified by 50. So, yeah, definitely my least favorite Mikey VA.

Netkeeper
06-19-2014, 10:05 AM
Raph in this show sounded like a 50 year old chain-smoker instead of an actual teenager imo.

I didn't know David Hayter (http://youtu.be/seuq0haB43g?t=5m28s) suddenly voiced Raphael.

[Psst, some of you people don't know what an actual chain smoker sounds like]

Prowler
06-25-2014, 07:35 AM
Yea. I really disliked the replacing VAs in the FW series, so I'm glad we didn't have those in this series for the Turtles. Although it took quite sometime for Raphael's voice to grow on me...

CyberCubed
06-25-2014, 08:27 AM
The voices in this show were clearly based on the movies:

- 2k3 Leo sounds a lot like Movie 1-3 Leonardo. Although Movie Leo always sounded like he was trying to imitate Cam Clarke from the OT to me too.

- 2k3 Raph sounds a lot like Movies 2-3 Raph especially.

- 2k3 Mikey was basically a cross between 80's Mike and Movie Mikey, the same surfer tone but he was a bit more "loud" if that makes any sense.

- 2k3 Don sounded very similar to Movie 2 Donatello.

Whatswiththeheadbands?
06-25-2014, 09:30 AM
I don't know about you guys, but I quite liked Raph's voice.

He sounds like a true badass, to me.

TheBlueTurtle1
06-25-2014, 01:50 PM
I love the way the cast was the same from start to finish, felt like the turtles were always the same character they were from the first episode to last, besides character development.

Netkeeper
06-25-2014, 05:56 PM
The voices in this show were clearly based on the movies:

- 2k3 Leo sounds a lot like Movie 1-3 Leonardo. Although Movie Leo always sounded like he was trying to imitate Cam Clarke from the OT to me too.

- 2k3 Raph sounds a lot like Movies 2-3 Raph especially.

- 2k3 Mikey was basically a cross between 80's Mike and Movie Mikey, the same surfer tone but he was a bit more "loud" if that makes any sense.

- 2k3 Don sounded very similar to Movie 2 Donatello.
This is very true! And not a single objection over here, I loved the movies [well, not the third one obviously but who does :P ]

Turo602
06-25-2014, 08:12 PM
I do agree that this series did kind of aim to mimic the movies, but their voices are still noticeably different. The only thing I could say that Raph took from the movie series is the Brooklyn accent, but even then, he has a completely different voice.