PDA

View Full Version : [Question] Tags

Casey
07-13-2014, 08:43 AM
How do I add tags? The FAQ doesn't explain it and if it does, I am too dense to understand. Please help.

Candy Kappa
07-13-2014, 10:29 AM
There is a edit tags at the right upper corner on the tag window.

Casey
07-13-2014, 08:23 PM
There is a edit tags at the right upper corner on the tag window.

Seriously though, that doesn't work for me. It still says I'm not allowed. I get your sarcasm and can remove your smartass tags, but can't add new ones.

Casey
07-13-2014, 08:24 PM
Nope. I can't even remove those.

Casey
07-17-2014, 07:51 AM
I'd like to bump this thread and ask that someone address my issues rather than being a smart*^% if possible.

thingy
07-17-2014, 10:21 AM
I can't help, but I just tried editing tags myself and got the message:
Some tags couldn't be added for the following reason(s):
* You do not have permission to create tags. You may only use existing tags.
Changes that did not cause errors have been applied.

As it says I can add any tag that has already been created, but can't create new tags. As for removing tags, I can just remove those I've added myself. The others are greyed-out and unclickable.

I'm guessing tagging powers are based on the number of posts made?

Candy Kappa
07-17-2014, 10:53 AM
I get your sarcasm and can remove your smart as tags, but can't add new ones.

what? I did not write in any tags.

Casey
07-19-2014, 10:13 PM
what? I did not write in any tags.

Oh. Must have assumed it was you. There were tags that said "It's obvious!" "Click add tags" and/or "lol"

They are gone now though. Sorry for accusing you.

Casey
07-19-2014, 10:14 PM
I can't help, but I just tried editing tags myself and got the message:

As it says I can add any tag that has already been created, but can't create new tags. As for removing tags, I can just remove those I've added myself. The others are greyed-out and unclickable.

I'm guessing tagging powers are based on the number of posts made?

I'm assuming that too. How did you add those that have already been created?

thingy
07-21-2014, 08:02 AM
I'm assuming that too. How did you add those that have already been created?
After clicking edit tags just start typing. After a few letters a list of existing tags beginning with those letters appears underneath.
For example if you type "tmn" a list appears underneath with things like tmnt, tmnt characters, tmnt adventures etc.

Casey
07-24-2014, 04:59 PM
After clicking edit tags just start typing. After a few letters a list of existing tags beginning with those letters appears underneath.
For example if you type "tmn" a list appears underneath with things like tmnt, tmnt characters, tmnt adventures etc.

Thanks! I think the problem may be that I generally use an iPad to view the forum.